genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

So question. How would this mod compare to say ASR ai or bcombat? Im looking for a good AI mod to play custom user missions (armaholic, Workshop, offical BI missions) well without the super AI. As of now I am using ASR as I have heard that 1.43 added some suppression system. Also, thanks again for making these mods! Ai is extremely important to me in a Milsim or any tactical shooter for that matter.

So question. How would this mod compare to say ASR ai or bcombat? Im looking for a good AI mod to play custom user missions (armaholic, Workshop, offical BI missions) well without the super AI. As of now I am using ASR as I have heard that 1.43 added some suppression system. Also, thanks again for making these mods! Ai is extremely important to me in a Milsim or any tactical shooter for that matter.

To answer your question... some quote's from the author.

"For now, I would not recommend using VCOM AI at all."

"VCOM AI is a big project and takes a lot of hours to test, code, and optimize - and that is time that I do not have lately."

"I will updating VCOM AI so it is relevant again :) In my free time I am currently working with a small team to create a PvP mission to rival KOTH hopefully ;)"

Basically you will have to wait until there's an update.

Thank you for the update on the situation! I really hope to fear the vcom AI again some day

And the alternatives currently would be ASR+Ryd FFE?

VCOMAI.jpg

Redefining the CooP experience

Showcase Mission V2.00

This is a mission to quickly showcase some of the features of this mod. In the mission press 0-0-0 and watch it go! It "should" work with MP.

Addon Link V 2.00

Script Link V 2.00

Six Download V1.10

ArmAHolic Download V 1.10

Vcom AI aims to improve the AI’s combat abilities. This mod is not a miracle worker but attempts to create a CooP experience that is more dynamic and challenging than the traditional AI battles of ArmA 3.

Perhaps watch a video below and read the features to see if it is something you’d like to try out!

This is the first iteration of the new AI system...so expect bugs...I tried to test for them all, but I know I missed some. Thank you!

Videos

Features

Configurable Varying AI accuracy

The AI’s accuracy can be easily configured depending on their rank level with the AIsetting.sqf or VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf.

These options can also be modified on the fly to simulate all sorts of different enemy types.

This allows for a more customized experience on the battlefield.

AI Accuracy & Player Suppression

As the AI become more aware of the player’s position they begin to sight their weapons in and become more accurate.

Staying in one position for too long can be potentially dangerous if the engagement lasts for too long.

AI Communication

AI groups will actually communicate to each other when engaged with enemy forces.

It is up to the AI to respond in the way they see fit.

AI Use Of Cover

AI will more quickly run for cover instead of laying in the middle of an open road.

If an AI is caught off guard, and in the open, it may try to throw a smoke grenade and suppress before running to cover.

AI Area Avoidance

AI will attempt to avoid areas that their buddies have fallen in. This can prevent situations where AI would continually walk through a door with 30 dead bodies inside and the enemy camped inside.

Improved Flanking

The AI will attempt to flank the player from *good positions*.

This means they will try to prioritize good terrain/cover areas even if this means falling back.

AI will, if given the knowledge, chase players across the map if needed.

They will constantly hunt down the players if provoked.

AI Responsiveness

AI should respond to threats a lot more quickly, and take cover as a result.

If one unit in their squad takes fire they all will go into combat stance.

AI that engage and kill a target will scan the area before going back into safe mode.

They will not so easily/quickly go back into their default states as vanilla AI.

AI will respond to gunshots from a further distance and also be alerted by explosions or bullet holes.

AI Suppression

AI can become suppressed when taking too much fire. 

Suppressed AI will attempt to find cover and use smoke to escape the fire.

If the AI are cornered they will simply try to kill the enemy, even if this means dangerously using a grenade in CQB.

Weapon Utilization

Want the AI to use those gosh darn static bags on their backs? What about using those big ol’ dang UAV bags?

Well now they will!

Expect AI to deploy static weapon bags in combat, use them to suppress/cover and then pack back up to move up. 

Also expect them to use UAV’s to locate you and share that information with everyone else!

Mines & Explosives

AI will now use mines to kill unsuspecting enemies, or use explosives to knock someone out of a building if they don’t feel like breaching it.

Garrisoning

AI will garrison buildings to get a cover advantage over the enemy.

Putting the AI on a HOLD waypoint will force them to garrison buildings, and move around, in their surroundings.

Formations

The AI will dynamically change their formation depending on the environment.

If they are on a hill, and want to all fire down upon an enemy - they will use line formation.

In a town, they will most likely use stag. formation. Of course, during combat the formations are not prioritized at all.

Vehicle Disembarking

AI will disembark vehicles much before they reach a known enemy.

This allows them to position as they see fit before engaging.

Helicopters will also automatically unload troops when deemed necessary by the AI.

IMPORTANT EDITING COMMANDS

this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; - This will turn off the VCOM AI on the given unit

This will make the AI not execute extra waypoint behavior OR respond to calls for help

this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

This will remove all the markers that AI spawn on the map if MARKER MODE is enabled. The more markers, the longer it takes.

[] call VCOM_EraseMarkers;

Donation Info

Hey all,

If you feel like throwing a dollar at my wallet - I wouldn't argue.

Donation or not, I appreciate you taking the time to take a look at my creations. I am by far not the best creator of A3 content, so please donate to the ones you believe deserve your hard earned money.

x-click-but21.gif

• Like 2

Woohoo .. gonna try this out right now !  Thanks mate !

PROBLEM - the userconfig folder is VCOM_AI, but the addon looks for VCOMAI.  However if you change it to this then the script doesnt run !

The dropbox mission is corrupted however.  Just giving characters instead of a file.

• Like 1

Great release genesis92x !!

You should rename the thread to give VCOM a better visibility. :)

I didn't know you could rename it! I'm terrible at names though...I probably need some ideas.

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Vcom AI - Mod v2.00

Vcom AI - Script v2.00

Thank you Foxhound for your hard work!

Woohoo .. gonna try this out right now !  Thanks mate !

PROBLEM - the userconfig folder is VCOM_AI, but the addon looks for VCOMAI.  However if you change it to this then the script doesnt run !

The dropbox mission is corrupted however.  Just giving characters instead of a file.

Whoops! I uploaded the test version....I fixed the issue now. Thanks Kremator for being so great at catching these things haha 

And the Showcase mission link was straight to the PBO...so most browsers just try to open the file and not just download it. I went ahead and zipped it up. Should work now :)

It works with the mods? eg RHS?

I love the RHS mod!! Yes, this mod should work with RHS. The only mod issues Vcom AI might have is recognizing new explosives or landmines (I have to manually put those in :| ) and new static types.

However, if people use mods that have these, I can implement support for them. It's the best I can do at this time.

EDIT: I'm letting everyone know that I failed when releasing these scripts :) I uploaded the wrong version...it should be fixed now...so if you're getting a weird error please try re-downloading the addon/script.

• Like 1

Will this work with remote Mod folders ? You'll recall we had issues before as it had to be installed into the root of the A3 folder ?

Cheers

SJ

I love the RHS mod!! Yes, this mod should work with RHS. The only mod issues Vcom AI might have is recognizing new explosives or landmines (I have to manually put those in :| ) and new static types.

However, if people use mods that have these, I can implement support for them. It's the best I can do at this time.

OK! thank you

Will this work with remote Mod folders ? You'll recall we had issues before as it had to be installed into the root of the A3 folder ?

Cheers

SJ

I just tested the mod path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\armamods\@Vcom_AI" and the mod did launch. I currently do not have another harddrive to test at the moment (I'd assume to would still work?).

However, it looks like the userconfig folder still needs to be in the root ArmA folder for it to be read correctly.

YES!!!  Best AI mod out there, especially when paired up with ASR AI 3.  They're still compatible with eachother right?

YES!!!  Best AI mod out there, especially when paired up with ASR AI 3.  They're still compatible with eachother right?

I have not tested ASR AI and Vcom AI recently. They used to work fine.

I am fairly certain VcomAI is more aggressive at controlling the AI than ASR AI is...which means the mod is a bully and will most likely take control more often.

I will have to test ASR AI with the new VCOM AI...

In the mean time, if you use the following command on units it will prevent VCOM AI from ordering group orders.

this setvariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true];

Did a brief test in singleplayer and misfired near friendly AI units and they all popped smoke, one planted a claymore, and another guy threw a grenade or blew himself up with an explosive.  Using CBA, ACE, ASR AI, and VCOM AI.

Did a brief test in singleplayer and misfired near friendly AI units and they all popped smoke, one planted a claymore, and another guy threw a grenade or blew himself up with an explosive.  Using CBA, ACE, ASR AI, and VCOM AI.

Sounds like combining ASR AI and Vcom AI is not a good idea anymore O_O

Do friendlies react to friendly rounds then ?  Can it be only for unfriendly ones before they pop smoke ?

Hi,

error with the movetogroup.sqf init, because it isnot in the danger causes folder.

Script VCOMAI\functions\DangerCauses\VCOMAI_MoveToCoverGroup.sqf not found.

can i suggest you this check for the init file ?

if (loadFile ("userconfig\VCOMAI\AISettingsV2.sqf") != "") then
{
    _InitialCode = [] execVM "userconfig\VCOMAI\AISettingsV2.sqf";
}else{
    _InitialCode = [] execVM "VCOMAI\Functions\VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf";
};

No script error with this method

:) That gave me a proper belly laugh. Straight out of a monty python sketch

• Like 1

Hi wanna try your script version, but is getting an missing userconfig/aisettings.sqf error when i try to run the mission?

The pws addon version is missing its addon folder?