genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Thank you, I've updated the front page

OK I have been testing the driving component and I am VERY impressed. I started on Stratis airport and made 50 BLUFOR vehicles (mix of HEMTT, Hunters and quadbikes). They all started within 200m of eachother and I then gave them the SAME waypoint at Kamino. Of those 50 about 47 of them got through without accident! Considering the normal furball at the start, I am impressed. The ONLY thing you have to add in genesis92x is that when a vehicle gets stuck (ie had hit an object - I'm sure you could scan for something ahead 2m !!!) then they need to look behind them 5m and reverse to there, and try again!

Most impressive was an accident that happened at the bridge in Agia Marina. Quadbike rider dead on bridge, killed by a hunter that rammed him, but the OTHERS WENT AROUND ! Down into the dried river bed and got through !

Well done mate.... VCOM_AI is worth it for this alone !

Awesome That's good to hear! I will have to look into improving it further :>

I'm testing the addon and I've got some problems. Both with addon and script versions, versions 1.10 and 1.09.

Near vehicle (helicopter) is being called, but it just flies up and up and up and up....infinitely. (version 1.09 does not call it, but I suppose it is because of the errors).

Also, I'm not having success in having the AI man statics or deploy them.

Thank you for the reply. However, this doesn't offer me much information. I need the mission that is giving you trouble before I can begin to help. There are so many variables at play that just telling me it doesn't work does not help.

If you could upload the mission you are having trouble with, I can take a look and bug fix it!

Sure¿ I've tested it and downloads fine.

Sure¿ I've tested it and downloads fine.

Weird. It's working now.

Where can I find a change log

I added it back to the front page :)

Edit: It looks like depending on the accuracy of the AI, the AI may not use their static weapons as frequently since it is a low priority command currently.

If the AI have a high accuracy and are constantly suppressing or killing AI members, they will not deploy statics or garrison them frequently.

Edited by Genesis92x

Edit: It looks like depending on the accuracy of the AI, the AI may not use their static weapons as frequently since it is a low priority command currently.

If the AI have a high accuracy and are constantly suppressing or killing AI members, they will not deploy statics or garrison them frequently.

Should a fix from your side come, or should we edit missions in a different way?

Also, have you reproduced the bug with the heli?

Should a fix from your side come, or should we edit missions in a different way?

Also, have you reproduced the bug with the heli?

I should be able to fix this in the next version.

As for the heli - I was not able to reproduce it the 3 times I tried. He would go over the enemy AI, then come back around to fire at them.

As for the heli - I was not able to reproduce it the 3 times I tried. He would go over the enemy AI, then come back around to fire at them.

Tested again. Something in the debug is making the heli bug happen. Without debug it works just fine.

Well done mate.... VCOM_AI is worth it for this alone !

+100

I ran a quick test with 20 hunters in a rocky, ravinous area. All given the same destination 10km away. Without Vcom, 12 made it OK without disabling crashes or getting stuck. 4 had taken non-immobilising damage. With Vcom, 18 arrived though a couple had some non-immobilising damage. :459:

Only one test each & small numbers, but the results still very impressive.

I have never felt great enthusiasm for A3 compared to CO largely (but not only) because BIS combined a terrain with lots of rocks & stone walls with worse AI driving. IMO your improvements to AI driving are a game-changer.

Brilliant and with the supreme elegance of simplicity. Astonishing degree of improvemnt from so small a routine. Much kudos and many, many thanks for this. Genesis mate, if youalso release that part of Vcom as a standalone addon/script I think it would likely hit #1 in the charts as word spreads. Even people who generally avoid mods would mostly want it.

Will be checking out Vcom AI in more depth over the next few days.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Orc

What is the behaviour that causes units to "Cluster" together at the end of a confrontation... often I move around to map and find all my Blufor M1's all jockeying for the same spot in a field with infantry running around them like it was a tank love in... Looks odd.

Could you not set them back on a random patrol - or return to last safe position or something ?

Anyone else get that ?

SJ

What is the behaviour that causes units to "Cluster" together at the end of a confrontation... often I move around to map and find all my Blufor M1's all jockeying for the same spot in a field with infantry running around them like it was a tank love in... Looks odd.

Could you not set them back on a random patrol - or return to last safe position or something ?

Anyone else get that ?

SJ

What waypoints did you give them?

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yeah please keep working on this genesis92x! If you need interim testing then just ask.... there are enough old timers out here to help you.

Tested again. Something in the debug is making the heli bug happen. Without debug it works just fine.

Oh! Very nice find Zriel...I wonder what that is all about. Ugh. When I create something over the years I tend to mix and mash code until I can't remember what script does what anymore and you get these odd bugs.

Thanks for that find. I will add it to the next version todo.

+100

I ran a quick test with 20 hunters in a rocky, ravinous area. All given the same destination 10km away. Without Vcom, 12 made it OK without disabling crashes or getting stuck. 4 had taken non-immobilising damage. With Vcom, 18 arrived though a couple had some non-immobilising damage. :459:

Only one test each & small numbers, but the results still very impressive.

I have never felt great enthusiasm for A3 compared to CO largely (but not only) because BIS combined a terrain with lots of rocks & stone walls with worse AI driving. IMO your improvements to AI driving are a game-changer.

Brilliant and with the supreme elegance of simplicity. Astonishing degree of improvemnt from so small a routine. Much kudos and many, many thanks for this. Genesis mate, if youalso release that part of Vcom as a standalone addon/script I think it would likely hit #1 in the charts as word spreads. Even people who generally avoid mods would mostly want it.

Will be checking out Vcom AI in more depth over the next few days.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Orc

Haha! Thanks so much. It's always nice to hear this. I know the AI modifications aren't 100% better but I like to believe it's a boost to default AI at least.

And I was thinking of releasing this in the mod section as well...but I'm not sure if that's considered double-dipping (forum appropriate?) or not.

Anyone else get that ?

SJ

That's a good question. Are you using Zeus while the AI are in combat? Do the AI eventually spread out? Is it with just vehicles or infantry?

Thanks!

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you! I will update the first page.

Doin' great as always FoxHound

Yeah please keep working on this genesis92x! If you need interim testing then just ask.... there are enough old timers out here to help you.

Thank you Kremator! You have always been a huge help...which is nice because with how busy I am at times it's hard to really test something so extensively by myself. I appreciate all the help I get.

I would release the AI driving part as something separate genesis92x. That way it won't complicate the infantry part of the mod. Having it in released will also give you more visibility as well. We need you to be recognised as one of the upcoming coder gurus !

I would release the AI driving part as something separate genesis92x. That way it won't complicate the infantry part of the mod. Having it in released will also give you more visibility as well. We need you to be recognised as one of the upcoming coder gurus !

Ha, I might have to do that. It's a good idea.

Seem to get strange effect with the "visual cue" animations, with units sometimes 'teleporting' to next animations and doing some slow motion jump animation etc, this is with script version and stable version of game, I am running other Mods so will test without but thought I'd mention it.

Seem to get strange effect with the "visual cue" animations, with units sometimes 'teleporting' to next animations and doing some slow motion jump animation etc, this is with script version and stable version of game, I am running other Mods so will test without but thought I'd mention it.

Yeah. I noticed this...I think it's due BIS's new fatigue system. It messes with animation speeds...I will probably just removed most of the animations in the next version.

Is your script splitting original groups into smaller ones or should I look elsewhere? I'm having a big problem with that side effect.

congratulations Genesis for this new piece of AI-art.:notworthy:

I'll thoroughly test it in the next time.

Haha! Thanks so much. It's always nice to hear this. I know the AI modifications aren't 100% better but I like to believe it's a boost to default AI at least.

And I was thinking of releasing this in the mod section as well...but I'm not sure if that's considered double-dipping (forum appropriate?) or not.

You could release the driving improvement as an addon (or addon & script pack) in the mods complete forum with no problems, I would think. Indeed, like Krem, I think it would be a huge hit. A good point by Krem is that simplifying Vcom_AI by separating it would make bug tracking & fixing of the AI routines potentially easier.

Thank you Kremator! You have always been a huge help...which is nice because with how busy I am at times it's hard to really test something so extensively by myself. I appreciate all the help I get.

Happy to test in SP (I don't play MP for various reasons). One thing I have found is that with the default settings I get killed by 300+ m headshots by standing AI with iron sights/reflex sites far too often for my taste. As I mostly play BLUFOR I find using Robalo's asr_ai less rapidly terminal. I don't think it's that his overall -20% offset for CSAT makes them too dumb; curiously, When I use asr_ai with CSAT missions (like Bardosy's "Persian Tale" campaign) my survivability is about the same. Looks like the default BIS CSAT are (too much) more effective than BLUFOR by design. It would be nice to be able to adjust the settings for different sides.

Using the userconfig values that genesis92x gave us, I find the AI to be acceptably innaccurate. However this was hosted locally. I have NOT tried this on my dedi so far (was too busy marvelling at AI driving).

BIS defaults for BLUFOR and OPFOR are, by design, the same. You can take that out of the equation :).

Could we get some inisght on how to configure artillery support for use with AI?

Or some links on how to setup it.