Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

Approaching Thunder here, Options None coming next! Btw thanks for the mention in the credits! :)

Thanks Evro! Can't wait to watch that! I'm doing a hotfix on Options None - should be released tonight! You certainly earned your name in the credits - great video series!

@EvroMalarkey - lol - I had no idea I'd left the go-kart unlocked! Think I'll leave it that way! :P Also,

have a peek around the garage, there's a devious way you can kill all the AAF guards with a nifty addAction :)

I see, Polish translation is available? Although can't find it. Is the Polish translation complete/covered, or you need any help (my Polish is decent enough :P to perform some stylistic editorial, if needed)?

Cześć, Rydygier! I am the guy who helps Kydoimos with RESIST's localization. I translated all four of RESIST missions into Polish and help Kydoimos manage localization into most of the languages. Feel free to friend me via Steam and drop me a message if you feel that the Polish translation lacks in any department. It's always helpful to have direct feedback from players so seriously, drop me a message if you'v found anything bad in the Polish translation or if you like to discuss anything.

@EvroMalarkey - lol - I had no idea I'd left the go-kart unlocked! Think I'll leave it that way! :P Also,

have a peek around the garage, there's a devious way you can kill all the AAF guards with a nifty addAction :)

haha, I actually thought that it's an easter egg "steal the go-kart" :D

@Rydygier - Hiya mate, yup, Polish is available (Thanks, Neoheresy :) ) - however, currently struggling to upload the campaign PBO to Steam Workshop. It's all in hand - but yes, next update should see full Polish, Czech, and German translations - Italian and the other languages aren't far behind either!

@EvroMalarkey - lol, there's a few intentional Easter eggs! BIS caps with dialogue events, and a house that belongs to, well... me! :P

Hi EvroMalarkey - nope, you're not missing anything! Let me explain! Basically, I'm in the process of submitting my MANW entry. The only problem is, the campaign file is 416MB. To upload it, I've had to delete most of my missions to make space on the Steam Cloud, as the SP category must be uploaded to Steam. However, I can't upload the campaign PBO, as Steam Workshop has a 200MB limit. BIS support are going to get in touch within the next day or two, so, hopefully, by then, I'll have it sorted! Watch this space! @Everyone - sorry the missions are unavailable! :S

Hey there!

Finally had the time to continue Resist since I dropped it after playtesting Options None. Downloaded the campaign version, congrats on the release. Having some similar / same issues I've already reported to you.

• Approaching Thunder: The shortcut is well done, sadly I moved west of the dirt road leading to Selakano hence I had to cross another 1.5 clicks to reach that old farm. Fatigue cost me like ten minutes of walking and resting (in 4x game speed). A little bit annoying.^^
  • Options None: My own AI is dying within seconds, leaving me alone among enemies. They've reached the city centre within five minutes despite my efforts. Took down a whole squad with the marksman rifle, didn't seem to slow down those damn Greenbacks.
  • The incinite fuel action again didn't work for me. Tried it in two different spots (a good ten deaths included). Made a screenshot, it's just not showing up.
  • After a few deaths I decided to give up, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm getting overrun almost instantly. And without the IEDs I'm powerless against the tanks.

2014-11-12_000014xrz5.jpg

Keep up, looking foward to some more tweaking and the last episode! ;)

Heya! Thanks for the feedback! Yup - the download campaign version needs updating! :D 'Options None' is coming together - I'm tweaking it and editing it still. There was a terrible issue where both CSAT and the AAF attacked together because of the hideObject and enableSimulation commands failing (but that's now sorted as I'm spawning the units instead). Might add a quadbike in for Approaching Thunder? What do you think? If you get a chance, check out the Steam version of 'Options None' - it's a bit more up to date and it's making progress! :p Weird about that addAction - seems like an Arma bug - really can't replicate my end! Thanks for the playtesting - it really, really helps! Hope you're well, mate!

If anything I would unlock one of the carts at this cute little shop. ;) Could be hidden somewhere in the backyard, i.e. not in an obvious place. Or play around with the fatigue system. It just feels weird, there's some huge ass battle going on in the distance (especially with Blastcore and JSRS it sounds amazing), you know your comrades are dying and you want to get to them as fast as you can - but what's Coleridge's reaction? "Fighting? No, sorry, I'm fatigued, let's wait here for five minutes until I can run another mile!"

As for Options None I'll just unpack it and run it from the editor, that way I can find out how to trigger those bloody actions and even put myself to invincible if it's getting too tough. I want to see how the mission developes after all.^^

Is there a full campaign download and I´ve missed that? I´ve accessed RESIST missions (one by one) through steamworkshop and it is still missing the very end - the last mission - in it!

Anxious to play it throught!

@Corporal_Lib[bR] - hi, mate! There is a campaign download on MODDB, but to be honest, I'd stick with the individual missions on Steam, because it's outdated on MODDB. Last mission is WIP - very excited! :D

@IndeedPete - cool, okay! 'Options None' still needs a lot of TLC - currently working on the AI pathfinding - stopping those tanks having a nice little wander across the map! If you download the Steam mission you'll probably notice some of the improvements - but it's still aching for feedback! :D

Congratulations!

After over 7000 hours in the editor you deserve the attention.

hi Kyd!

So, how about this 5th mission?

Or are you working on your next CSAT campaign?

BTW, where can we download the full campaign of Resist (4 missions so far) which was supposed to be submitted for the contest?

Thanks

@reforger - lol, thanks, man!

@Wiki - presently hard at work on the 5th and final part! The first 4 missions are available on MODDB - but they're very buggy and need an update - I strongly recommend staying with the more up-to-date Steam Workshop versions! :p

So now I returned to A3 and played your campaign. :) Wow, dude! It's absolutely impressive!

I first played the MANW campaign (not the single missions) and Options None really needed some "balancing". At least in my opinion it was way too hard without sufficient gear and so on.

But then I downloaded the actual Steam Workshop version and it was a great time. Still hard, but I managed to kill them all. Or maybe I improved my tactics.

You really created a tense atmosphere with your campaign! Great work, Kyd! As Coleridge I really want to get the hell out of this fucking island! :D

All the details like "I feel stupid wearing this!" or "Grenades... Perfectly!". :D Fantastic. :)

Keep it up, dude! :) Looking forward to the next mission!

What happened to Knight? I just heared a loud noise but didn't see anything, as I was in a building. Is he gone? :(

Edited by Undeceived

What happened to Knight? I just heared a loud noise but didn't see anything, as I was in a building. Is he gone? :(

Building fell on him, and the ghosthawk. I'm pretty sure he's dead....

Oh, well then... RIP...

Wait a second... The GHOSTHAWK??? Is it destroyed?? How can we get the hell out of this island then?! :D

Oh, well then... RIP...

Wait a second... The GHOSTHAWK??? Is it destroyed?? How can we get the hell out of this island then?! :D

F*ck knows, MCC teleport maybe... :D

@All, @Jona33, @Undeceived - heya! Great to hear you're enjoying the project! I won't throw in any spoilers, but:

Oh, well then... RIP...

Wait a second... The GHOSTHAWK??? Is it destroyed?? How can we get the hell out of this island then?!

I will say, the Ghosthawk is Little Bird aren't destroyed...

As for Knight and Hughes...

well... you'll see... :D

Edited by Kydoimos