silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

Awesome!

Will it be possible to import from mission.sqm too?

No, that's not possible and you don't need such a function (I talk about objects only)

If you, for example, start the X-Cam with an existing mission, and within this mission some structures have been placed,

then you can easily detect and capture the structures, and then save these structures as a prefab, for example.

Greeting

Silola

This looks absolutely amazing.

These two additions will be a huge contribution to the community that will make it much easier for us to produce addons.

Thanks.

This looks absolutely amazing.

These two additions will be a huge contribution to the community that will make it much easier for us to produce addons.

Thanks.

I seccond that.

Truly amazing, a huge contribution to the community! It's beyond comprehension how easier and faster terrain making will become once X-cam is out in the wild!

Looking forward to anything Xcam-related! ;)

In the earlier pics I could see that Unit placing(AI) is possible, too.

How do you thinking about the combination of your (excellent) grouping function and the coming "setGroupOwner" command? If everything is loaded through an script then the Ai could be precise spawned on some clients. Like some global checkbox you can choose "spawn on hc" (if possible). Even the physx stuff could be done by some different HC with "setOwner" (for statics)

What do you think about this idea?

I think managing the owners of objects with the X-Cam is way out of scope for the X-Cam.

In the earlier pics I could see that Unit placing(AI) is possible, too.

How do you thinking about the combination of your (excellent) grouping function and the coming "setGroupOwner" command? If everything is loaded through an script then the Ai could be precise spawned on some clients. Like some global checkbox you can choose "spawn on hc" (if possible). Even the physx stuff could be done by some different HC with "setOwner" (for statics)

What do you think about this idea?

Hi,

atm I don't think about all the posibilities in connection with the "Unit" and "Vehicle" layer within the X-Cam,

because I have some other problems...sorry.

But maybe we can talk about these layers later, but first I need a break

after the X-Cam was released ;-)

Greeting

Silola

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Just a sidenote:

I know, it's hard always to wait and wait and wait, and only to see some videos.

And I know that some people don't like my approach, but I don't like to release any addon in version 0.1,

because I want to release the X-Cam in version 1.0. And this is my personal attitude which I do not want to change ... sorry.

And maybe it was not really a good idea to show in advance all the tutorial videos.

On the other hand, it might be, that there are some people who can prepare well with the videos.

And that's what I want, that the user has fun and not frustration after the release of the X-Cam,

and that the user can start with the work, and not has to wait for a necessary function was implemented.

But that's my personal opinion, and everyone should do it the way he wants ... of course.

So, please continue to be patient :)

And you can be sure that I do everything in order to release it as soon as possible.

Greeting

Silola

Edited by Silola

And I know that some people don't like my approach, but I don't like to release any addon in version 0.1,

because I want to release the X-Cam in version 1.0. And this is my personal attitude which I do not want to change ... sorry.

Don't be sorry! Everyone is free to work at his own pace on his own project! ;)

I'm just glad to know that such a wonderfull tool is coming to Arma3!

:thumbs-up:

Its a shame thats that is not the normality.

Just do your thing, your on the right path.

do it like we did everytime with mapfact

just

don´t think beta

I know, it's hard always to wait and wait and wait, and only to see some videos.

Biggest tease in the Arma community! :P

No, seriously, your methodical approach makes me confident that X-Cam is going to be an excellent tool and that the wait will be worth it. Good luck!

Hi,

export to "mission.sqm" looks good so far :)

E6Q4rCu.jpg[/img]

BVswW7z.jpg[/img]

dUILdv1.jpg[/img]

Greeting

Silola

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

If anyone want to test this first export, then download the "Virtual Relality" mission.sqm here:

https://de.owncube.com/public.php?service=files&t=dd994c6083485821e682a1dad0ac4166

xcam_prototype_map required !!!

Greeting

Silola

That looks awesome Silola. A great feature that is much appreciated.

Cannot wait for this. Constantly checking the forum thread in anticipation like just about everyone else i'd imagine! Keep up the amazing work :D

Hi,

"ASL" and "PlaceOnSurface" now also working with mission.sqm export :)

dpuX1rR.jpg?1[/img]

Greeting

Silola

XCam-Console_5l.jpg

10 years ago, not everything was better, but somehow more exciting.

Good old OFP. I never had a better game experience, than with this game.

Silola

Yep, good times! I remember loving the reworked Nogova island. It had so much amazing detail.

I remember that one mission where you played as victor or whatever his name was and you had to drive to his office. I remember playing it a few times and it seemed like it took hours to drive from the airfield to the office. That was one of the most vivid memories I remember from my OFP days, among a few others.