Just noticed you put ASR_AI3 as a public repo on github. What's your stance on forks and/or contributions?

It's not really up to date on github. Using the git mainly as a backup and a way to provide reference to source.

I will update it soon, I don't mind contributions ;)

Hi Rob

Thanks for the continuing work on what has been one of my staple mods since almost the first week I started playing (Arma II version).

Something I've been meaning to ask for some time is whether you could implement an aspect of the "find cover" (I think) routine that SLX had - or rather, A2SLX & COSLX had as it didn't work until Günter Severloh reworked the mod.

When I first tried COSLX I used with Jelliz' fun mission "All Along the Watchtower" and was amazed when instead of heading straight towards the target village down a bare hillside, the AI team leader took us through the woods to the right flank so that the team was concealed for almost the whole route. Unfortunately one of the updates a bit prior to 1.59 seems to have broken it (I got given ArmA X which starts at 1.59 & gave away my OA disk before I realised, & have never been able to check which update).

One of the long-standing issues with ArmA AI is the way they march willy-nilly across open ground when there are alternatives like woods, buildings, ravines or even just a ditch. Different to finding cover when under fire, it would be a great addition to asr_ai3. Is that something that would interest you?

Cheers

Orc

Finding cover (even while moving between waypoints) has been a feature of this mod since the Arma 2 version.

However, it may not be the same implementation you're expecting.

Due to lack of engine-supported findcover scripting commands, it's an expensive operation performance-wise so I'm not too crazy about using it for more than finding cover when in danger.

Edited by Robalo

Hello Robalo, I've been having some issues with Arma in general and AI on a dedicated server. The AI never work correctly on a dedicated server. They're always laser accurate and I've found their accuracy defaults to 1. Whether I'm running mods or not running mods, even just running CBA and ASR alone, the AI never get fixed. Here's a picture of us running CBA, ASR and MCC. Each 1 is the accuracy of a single unit: http://i.imgur.com/YoNV8tB.jpg We've found that on localhost is works perfectly fine and I'd do this but the frames are too low. Any suggestions at all on how to fix this issue?

Hello Robalo, I've been having some issues with Arma in general and AI on a dedicated server. The AI never work correctly on a dedicated server. They're always laser accurate and I've found their accuracy defaults to 1. Whether I'm running mods or not running mods, even just running CBA and ASR alone, the AI never get fixed. Here's a picture of us running CBA, ASR and MCC. Each 1 is the accuracy of a single unit: http://i.imgur.com/YoNV8tB.jpg We've found that on localhost is works perfectly fine and I'd do this but the frames are too low. Any suggestions at all on how to fix this issue?

Please provide server rpt (hint: google arma rpt)

Here you go, ran with limited mods for ease of reading: http://pastebin.com/AQBWN0KY

I can tell from that that the mod is loading correctly. You should enable debug in userconfig and check RPT again to get an idea of the skill levels the units receive. Also try without MCC. I haven't used it in a while and not sure about the locality of the AI it creates. Or at least make sure to run the AI mod on the "game master"'s machine.

I can tell from that that the mod is loading correctly. You should enable debug in userconfig and check RPT again to get an idea of the skill levels the units receive. Also try without MCC. I haven't used it in a while and not sure about the locality of the AI it creates. Or at least make sure to run the AI mod on the "game master"'s machine.

Without MCC, played the combined arms showcase: http://pastebin.com/VNJdxapb although their skills seem lower it didn't feel low, maybe I should edit the userconfig to very small values and see if they still kill me fast. With MCC: http://pastebin.com/N28MSCHn I fought a small four man fireteam and this was the outcome of running an accuracy check script globally: http://i.imgur.com/MlpY6PP.jpg

Without MCC, played the combined arms showcase: http://pastebin.com/VNJdxapb although their skills seem lower it didn't feel low, maybe I should edit the userconfig to very small values and see if they still kill me fast. With MCC: http://pastebin.com/N28MSCHn I fought a small four man fireteam and this was the outcome of running an accuracy check script globally: http://i.imgur.com/MlpY6PP.jpg

I can see how aiming accuracy 0.3-0.4 might feel too high, it's a matter of personal preference. About how you check values with your script, have you made sure to read the skill from server ? skill command did not work well on remote units last time I checked.

Finding cover (even while moving between waypoints) has been a feature of this mod since the Arma 2 version.

However, it may not be the same implementation you're expecting.

Due to lack of engine-supported findcover scripting commands, it's an expensive operation performance-wise so I'm not too crazy about using it for more than finding cover when in danger.

Ah, OK; thanks anyway.

I can see how aiming accuracy 0.3-0.4 might feel too high, it's a matter of personal preference. About how you check values with your script, have you made sure to read the skill from server ? skill command did not work well on remote units last time I checked.

I'm not sure how to read the script from the server and it does not come up in the RPT. Side question: Do the AI configs for RHS and CAF Aggressors only have the unit types read from ASR's userconfig settings? Or are their settings set inside of the pbos?

I'm not sure how to read the script from the server and it does not come up in the RPT. Side question: Do the AI configs for RHS and CAF Aggressors only have the unit types read from ASR's userconfig settings? Or are their settings set inside of the pbos?

See image in post 583 for scripting thing. RPT you provided clearly shows final computed skills (I used skillfinal command for debugging).

I will improve this aspect in next version by collecting skills an dumping to RPT on AI owner machines. Setskill will also automatically execute only where it matters, that is on AI owner.

Custom third party configs contain a lot of things that can't be set in userconfig, it has been discussed before.

Edited by Robalo

See image in post 583 for scripting thing. RPT you provided clearly shows final computed skills (I used skillfinal command for debugging).

I will improve this aspect in next version by collecting skills an dumping to RPT on AI owner machines. Setskill will also automatically execute only where it matters, that is on AI owner.

Custom third party configs contain a lot of things that can't be set in userconfig, it has been discussed before.

What I meant was my own script I use can only be run on global so I cannot get the server values of the AI. Yes the debug on ASR worked but even when I hard locked their skills to 0.10 accuracy the RPT still reported 0.30 on CSAT. Also I was just wondering if those AI configs took the skill values from the userconfig or not, because if not they're not worth using if I'm setting up the AI skill values myself.

What I meant was my own script I use can only be run on global so I cannot get the server values of the AI. Yes the debug on ASR worked but even when I hard locked their skills to 0.10 accuracy the RPT still reported 0.30 on CSAT. Also I was just wondering if those AI configs took the skill values from the userconfig or not, because if not they're not worth using if I'm setting up the AI skill values myself.

You did not read what I did on that debug console pic I guess.

You did not read what I did on that debug console pic I guess.

I did, I'll be trying it out later. I appreciate the help.

All the scripted features from the sysaiskill module are running server side only. If a player joins a server with the mod active, his userconfig has no effect.

The server scripted settings are applied, even for AI spawned/running on the player's machine.

- new setskill execution option: 2 - new default, execute setskill everywhere (with server settings), 1 - server only, 0 - disabled

Does the last line apply even if clients are NOT running ASR_AI?

I thought it did, but after testing it, that doesn't seem to be the case

tested with

setskills = 2;   

// client
0 = 0 spawn {
   waitUntil {!isnil "blorp"};
   while {true} do {
       waitUntil {cursorTarget isKindOf "Man"};
       if (cursorTarget != blorp) then {
           blorp = cursorTarget; 
           publicVariable "blorp";
       };
   };
};

// server
0 = 0 spawn {
prevBlorp = objNull;
waitUntil {!isNil "blorp"};
	while {true} do {
	prevBlorp = blorp;
	accu = prevBlorp skillFinal "aimingAccuracy";
	shake = prevBlorp skillFinal "aimingShake";
	dist = prevBlorp skillFinal "spotDistance";
	gen = prevBlorp skill "general";
		publicVariable "accu";
		publicVariable "shake";
		publicVariable "dist";
		publicVariable "gen";
	waitUntil {sleep 1; blorp != prevBlorp};
	};
};

Editor placed units were about .3 to .5 in skills, while client created ones were around .7 to .9

Edit: Oh, wait the changes are local? So if I create them on the client I need to check its skill locally?

Edit2: Tested when running ASR_AI on the client, and spawned units as Zeus. Checked with local skillFinal. Most of them had alot higher skills than editor placed units

Edited by cuel

setskill code for 0.9.13:

[color=#FF8040][color=#191970][b]if[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color]GVAR[color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color]setskills[color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]>[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]1[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]then[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color]
   [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#FF0000]-2[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color][color=#191970][b]if[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#191970][b]local[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#000000]_this[/color] [color=#191970][b]select[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]0[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]then[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#000000]_this[/color] [color=#191970][b]select[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]0[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]setSkill[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#000000]_this[/color] [color=#191970][b]select[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]1[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_unit[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#000000]_x[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_sv[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]call[/b][/color] CBA_fnc_globalExecute[color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]else[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color]
   [color=#1874CD]_unit[/color] [color=#191970][b]setSkill[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#000000]_x[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_sv[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

It's changed for new version (not yet released):

[color=#FF8040][color=#1874CD]_ownerid[/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]=[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]owner[/b][/color] [color=#1874CD]_unit[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#191970][b]if[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#191970][b]local[/b][/color] [color=#1874CD]_unit[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]then[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color]
   [color=#1874CD]_unit[/color] [color=#191970][b]setSkill[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#000000]_x[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_sv[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]else[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color]
   [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_unit[/color] [color=#191970][b]setSkill[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#000000]_x[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_sv[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]"BIS_fnc_call"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#1874CD]_ownerid[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#000000]false[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#000000]true[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]call[/b][/color] BIS_fnc_MP[color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[/color]

setskills config option 2 will no longer be required

Edited by Robalo

Looking forward to the new version! Hoping AI will man statics and use vehicles. :)

Ive had bad experiences with bis_fnc_mp not working propperly when it is executed on a dedicated server. Hope u test the hell out of it

setskill code for 0.9.13:

[color=#FF8040][color=#191970][b]if[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color]GVAR[color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color]setskills[color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]>[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]1[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]then[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color]
   [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#FF0000]-2[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color][color=#191970][b]if[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#191970][b]local[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#000000]_this[/color] [color=#191970][b]select[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]0[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]then[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#000000]_this[/color] [color=#191970][b]select[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]0[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]setSkill[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#000000]_this[/color] [color=#191970][b]select[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]1[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_unit[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#000000]_x[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_sv[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]call[/b][/color] CBA_fnc_globalExecute[color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][/color]

It's changed for new version (not yet released):

[color=#FF8040][color=#1874CD]_ownerid[/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]=[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]owner[/b][/color] [color=#1874CD]_unit[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#191970][b]if[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#191970][b]local[/b][/color] [color=#1874CD]_unit[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]then[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color]
   [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_unit[/color] [color=#191970][b]setSkill[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#000000]_x[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color][color=#1874CD]_sv[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]"BIS_fnc_call"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#1874CD]_ownerid[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#000000]false[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#000000]true[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]call[/b][/color] BIS_fnc_MP[color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[/color]

setskills config option 2 will no longer be required

Looks like the code works the same way, just a bit more optimised?

Would you ever consider adding some sort of camo value to units that are inside of buildings? It's generally tougher to spot people thru windows at daytime and/or especially a dark house at night but it seems vanilla doesn't factor that into the game at all. Would add alot to the urban ambush.

Would you ever consider adding some sort of camo value to units that are inside of buildings? It's generally tougher to spot people thru windows at daytime and/or especially a dark house at night but it seems vanilla doesn't factor that into the game at all. Would add alot to the urban ambush.

Get BIS to provide a scripting command that would set unit camo value then I will consider using it ;)

After over a year of sitting on the fence, I finally took the plunge and installed A3 (tho A2 will remain warm in the garage).

I'm really pleased to see that Robalo is still working his magic.

But I'm still getting to grips with the current crop of mods.

For example, is there any significant conflict between TPW and ASR AI3? e.g. TPW's EBS and AI3's SeekCover?

I checked Gliptal's (author of TPW) thread on mod compatibility but could find no clear mention of this.

After over a year of sitting on the fence, I finally took the plunge and installed A3 (tho A2 will remain warm in the garage).

I'm really pleased to see that Robalo is still working his magic.

But I'm still getting to grips with the current crop of mods.

For example, is there any significant conflict between TPW and ASR AI3? e.g. TPW's EBS and AI3's SeekCover?

I checked Gliptal's (author of TPW) thread on mod compatibility but could find no clear mention of this.

Search this thread for tpw. BTW, tpw is the author of TPW ;)