I looked harder and found a weird sleep in the movetocover routine. Must be what was causing delays in movements between waypoints. Will be patched after I test latest changes a bit more.

Edited by Robalo

I looked harder and found a weird sleep in the movetocover routine. Must be what was causing delays in movements between waypoints. Will be patched after I test latest changes a bit more.

ÙÙsee , i told you :D

Hello

I wanted to take a look at the new version of the ASR AI mod, but ive spotted strange problem with AI that never showed up before. I placed 2 squads on a map and i set a waypoint to bluefor group to attack the opfor positions, but i found, that almost immediately after they spot each other they just stopping any movement (finding cover etc) and just standing in front of enemy and shooting without any move. I spotted the same problem with Vcom AI, and i believe - if i will disable any mods it's gonna look the same. Im using traditional method of running mods via shorcut, but i also tried steam startup parameters, and arma 3 launcher, im using latest cba_a3 version + nosplash and world=empty in command line.

I recorded a video from this fierce battle.

If anyone spotted this problem before i will be grateful for help :)

So does that mean that I need to run dragonfyre on the server?

On a dedicated? No. Just the opposite.

On a dedicated? No. Just the opposite.

Thought so. So if asr_ai3 is a server side mod, why is there anything regardin dragonfyre in there?

But here's my other more important question:

Does the AI share information over the radio instantly? AKA: if me and my team execute a perfect stealth attack to an AI group, and kill them in under, lets say 5 seconds, do the AI still radio our last known position to other AI units?

ÙÙsee , i told you :D

Yes, you did :). Once the new version is out, could you please report if your issue is solved?

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Thought so. So if asr_ai3 is a server side mod, why is there anything regardin dragonfyre in there?

Simple answer: it's not "a server side mod". It's recommended to run it in clients too.

Believe it or not, there are people playing SP or hosting games while using ASR_AI3 and DragonFyre :)

Plus I've already explained about this if you care to read a few posts back.

But here's my other more important question:

Does the AI share information over the radio instantly? AKA: if me and my team execute a perfect stealth attack to an AI group, and kill them in under, lets say 5 seconds, do the AI still radio our last known position to other AI units?

There's a delay of 10 to 30 seconds. If you kill them before that, nothing is announced of course. Tip: kill the leader ASAP.

Yes, you did :). Once the new version is out, could you please report if your issue is solved?

sure i will check from 0 to 10 :D and give you reports :)

Got this error when AI units are getting closer to the players.

ASDG_jr is installed on both server and all clients.

http://i.imgur.com/ccxbEsF.jpg

Are you running the latest RHS AI config ? It's linked in first post, was updated on 19th.

Are you running the latest RHS AI config ? It's linked in first post, was updated on 19th.

Forgot to mention it. Yes, I'm running rhs and caf_ag configs. They are up to date.

We have asr_ai only on server.

Forgot to mention it. Yes, I'm running rhs and caf_ag configs. They are up to date.

We have asr_ai only on server.

The error message indicates you're not using the rhs ai config somewhere. If you're not loading it on all clients then I suggest you set asr_ai3_main_dayscope to 0 in userconfig.

Edited by Robalo

The error message indicates you're not using the rhs ai config somewhere. If you're not loading it on all then clients I suggest you set asr_ai3_main_dayscope to 0 in userconfig.

Got it, will try it a bit later.

So to make this work properly we need asr_ai on all clients and rhs/caf_ag configs on all clients too?

Thanks.

Got it, will try it a bit later.

So to make this work properly we need asr_ai on all clients and rhs/caf_ag configs on all clients too?

Thanks.

What is happening when you have asr_ai3_main_dayscope enabled is that at night time the weapon sight gets replaced with another one that looks the same but is used differently by the AI (forces them to use it as a cqb sight). If the sight gets replaced on your server and your clients do not have a config for it then they get the error. So if you want that feature enabled you need both ASR AI and it's RHS config on clients.

Now getting multiple errors as a client on this latest version.

23:03:04 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;

_grp = g>

23:03:04 Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;

_grp = g>

23:03:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled

_grp = g>

_grp = g>

_grp = g>

_grp = g>

_grp = g>

_grp = g>

23:03:04 Error in expression <["lastGestFreezeT",time];

};

};

};

if (_asrenabled) then {

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

23:03:04 Error position: <_asrenabled) then {

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

23:03:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled

};

};

};

if (_asrenabled) then {

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

};

};

};

if (_asrenabled) then {

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

};

};

};

if (_asrenabled) then {

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>

Just to confirm, for the latest version and in SP, do we use only the config.sqf userconfig file? Can/Should we delete the other *.HPP file?

@nullsys

You have some files from the older version, remove all asr_ai3 files and install latest version.

@JCae2798

Correct, settings are now in the sqf file (will be split in 2 next update), you can remove the hpp file.

By default, a lower level number means a better skilled unit
[ "general",[0.50,0.2], "aiming",[0.05,0.1], "spotting",[0.10,0.2] ], // 7: no military training
[ "general",[0.75,0.2], "aiming",[0.30,0.1], "spotting",[0.35,0.2] ], // 2: sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)

So why does special forces have a higher value?

Also, why is the "main_level_units" section blank arrays?

So why does special forces have a higher value?

Also, why is the "main_level_units" section blank arrays?

They don't. You're whatching the wrong numbers. 7 and 2 are the ones the first quote refers to.

_level_units is only provided as an option to override existing level classification which is normally done via configs (asr_ai_level in cfgvehicles)

About the new parameter "aiRateOfFireDispersion"...I read in the dev branch thread that you found it adds random delay between shots, which sounds really awesome and should add a much more realistic feel to the AI's firing behavior. I guess I'm wondering if this new parameter is used by default now in the current 1.38 stable branch, and will ASR_AI need an update to utilize it?

About the new parameter "aiRateOfFireDispersion"...I read in the dev branch thread that you found it adds random delay between shots, which sounds really awesome and should add a much more realistic feel to the AI's firing behavior. I guess I'm wondering if this new parameter is used by default now in the current 1.38 stable branch, and will ASR_AI need an update to utilize it?

It's not included in stable yet. I expect it will just work when available but will see if there's anything that can be tweaked.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Does this mod mix well with MCC GAIA?

Can't answer that, haven't used MCC in a while but I did make sure that scripted reactions are skipped for groups on which GAIA is active on.