No sure which faction configs you're referring to. The userconfig format has changed of course, from Arma cpp config classes to Arma sqf. Internally it's basically the same format as before, just that the config to global var conversion is no longer needed.

Your example would work but it's not needed, use the provided RHS config instead. I said it before and it's even more important now, since the settings are sent from server to clients, avoid populating userconfig with huge unit arrays. Use plain configs instead, distribute them to clients and you save traffic. Use the CAF and RHS configs as examples.

I'm liking this a whole lot, great job!

One question; is there any way to disable this AI behaviour for AI units in your group only?

Edit: Found this setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude",true] ;

Edited by EasyEB

AFAIK Owner returns an number (scalar), while local return a boolean. So they can't be used in the way you write it.
Right, owner gives machine id (number) while local someunit can be true or false.

Amusingly, it dawned on me what nonsense I had written when I was already in bet. What I meant to ask is: is a unit always local to it's owner?

What I meant to ask is: is a unit always local to it's owner?

Yes: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/owner

Aand I realized that I'm sending more settings to clients than it's needed so expect another update soon. Should reduce the amount of data sent from server to clients by a lot.

Robalo, what skill does units get when ASR can't find them in the sets? Is it a random one or a specific? If it doesn't do anything, would it be possible to make a default set for any units ASR can't figure out which skill to apply

Robalo, what skill does units get when ASR can't find them in the sets? Is it a random one or a specific? If it doesn't do anything, would it be possible to make a default set for any units ASR can't figure out which skill to apply

It's up to class inheritance. Worst case the asr_ai_level will fall back to one of these base classes: SoldierWB (4), SoldierEB (4), SoldierGB (4), Civilian (7), CAManBase (6):

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/CfgVehicles.hpp

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/script_units.hpp

why the AI stops fighting in combat? stop moving also unlike bcombat they always push forward i love how ASR AI mount embty static and vehicles but i hate them why they stop fighting and marching immediatly after one or tow of their group mates gets killed please is there any solution for this? and is there a proper way to run this mod alongside bcombat?

why the AI stops fighting in combat? stop moving also unlike bcombat they always push forward i love how ASR AI mount embty static and vehicles but i hate them why they stop fighting and marching immediatly after one or tow of their group mates gets killed please is there any solution for this? and is there a proper way to run this mod alongside bcombat?

Ugh, something must've gone terribly wrong with installing this mod on some other conflict on your end. Or confusing this mod with something else. And no there's no proper way to run this with bcombat.

Ugh, something must've gone terribly wrong with installing this mod on some other conflict on your end. Or confusing this mod with something else. And no there's no proper way to run this with bcombat.

i installed it as you pointed in you're first post and i have no problems with the features the only thing thats killing me now is as i mentioned above the AI retreat in battle no matter what is the size of the forces it faces they will always retreat or stop fighting i've been playing with your mod just now ( no other AI mods installed ) as a nato vs opfor ( CSAT ) near zaros -altis where my side protecting the city with 3 weapons squads and when CSAT attacked us with almost 5 mechanized full size squads and when the firefight goes on and killed 3 or 2 of them they have gone away retreating and most of the AI from both sides stopped fighting and just layed on the ground watching the grass my feedback is there must be more gun shots in the battles more action more desire and demand to march and kill and push i loved how you made the AI uses houses and empty statics but im asking you to increase the need of shooting a lot in battles and i think theres something that makes the AI searching for cover more thing fighting , thanks for this great addon its a must have with bcombat and i wish you guys work together and merge them in one addon it will be the AI of the year :)

Edited by cholo

What kind of FPS you gettin' ? Also crank up your difficulty ? I play on regular and most of the time it's me the one that's fleeing, AI are aggressive as they should when your game is running at full speed.

Generally I'd say if you're getting < 40 FPS, client or server, you have a problem and not truly experiencing this game at it's capacity.

i installed it as you pointed in you're first post and i have no problems with the features the only thing thats killing me now is as i mentioned above the AI retreat in battle no matter what is the size of the forces it faces they will always retreat or stop fighting i've been playing with your mod just now ( no other AI mods installed ) as a nato vs opfor ( CSAT ) near zaros -altis where my side protecting the city with 3 weapons squads and when CSAT attacked us with almost 5 mechanized full size squads and when the firefight goes on and killed 3 or 2 of them they have gone away retreating and most of the AI from both sides stopped fighting and just layed on the ground watching the grass my feedback is there must be more gun shots in the battles more action more desire and demand to march and kill and push i loved how you made the AI uses houses and empty statics but im asking you to increase the need of shooting a lot in battles and i think theres something that makes the AI searching for cover more thing fighting , thanks for this great addon its a must have with bcombat and i wish you guys work together and merge them in one addon it will be the AI of the year :)

May I ask you if you were playing at nighttime?

Hi Robalo

Just a question regarding the RHS and CAF AI Configs for third party addons on the first post.

I see they are .pbo's and so I assume you just add it to the addon folder of the mod correct?

Cheers

Twak

What kind of FPS you gettin' ? Also crank up your difficulty ? I play on regular and most of the time it's me the one that's fleeing, AI are aggressive as they should when your game is running at full speed.

Generally I'd say if you're getting < 40 FPS, client or server, you have a problem and not truly experiencing this game at it's capacity.

well i get 40 FPS if there is no firefight but during battles and actions it drops ... a lot :D to 10-18 like everyone else who's arma3 heavily modded

playing vanilla + ASR AI 3 + CBA brings me 70-60 FPS with no battles and during battles gives me 40-45 this is why i love your mod it don't affect FPS too much and i play on regular :) but you can point me to any file inside your PBOs that i can edit to make AI fire more and move better without stopping :)

thanks for your answer

May I ask you if you were playing at nighttime?

sure , actually played both and during night its worst the AI always stop fighting and just watching the nature

Edited by cholo

With 10 FPS you might as well not bother... ASR ai turns itself off at lower than 15 I think..

Why not try and setup a local dedicated if you have to play so modded ?

With 10 FPS you might as well not bother... ASR ai turns itself off at lower than 15 I think..

Why not try and setup a local dedicated if you have to play so modded ?

im thinking about this , will try and see

EDIT : no way!! :D i thought you mean LAN

Edited by cholo

There is no fps check in this mod, no need for that.

We play a heavily modded game @AS, with ~180 units and no caching we get ~47 server FPS.

With caching and HC server FPS should always be 50.

Sorry Robalo. must be mixing up my AI mods :-)

Regardless Ai will be pretty useless at that level of "fps"... I would have thought ?

Sounds like he's trying to run this all off a local client machine though... Cholo, what's your idea of heavily modded (my opinion on this has been sharpened over the last few weeks.) Let me guess 80 mods ? lol

SJ

sure , actually played both and during night its worst the AI always stop fighting and just watching the nature

What are you using to give the OPFOR waypoints? Editor placed? What kind? GAIA? ALIVE? UPSMON? HETMAN? What is telling the OPFOR to actually go to your position in the city?

Sorry Robalo. must be mixing up my AI mods :-)

Regardless Ai will be pretty useless at that level of "fps"... I would have thought ?

Sounds like he's trying to run this all off a local client machine though... Cholo, what's your idea of heavily modded (my opinion on this has been sharpened over the last few weeks.) Let me guess 80 mods ? lol

SJ

lol , well i ran 20+ mods JSRSDF+RHS Escalation+CUP included and CBA of course

http://s11.postimg.org/4hq3jah2r/1111.jpg (113 kB)

here is live picture from the scene , as you can see both side doing nothing and most of CSAT fleeing away while they have orders to attack at time were they outnumber my side

What are you using to give the OPFOR waypoints? Editor placed? What kind? GAIA? ALIVE? UPSMON? HETMAN? What is telling the OPFOR to actually go to your position in the city?

ZEUS ( for quickness :D )

Guest HellGhost

Hi Robalo !

Thanks for this ASR AI3, that's really a great experience.

I just can't play without this.

Thanks for your job !

ZEUS ( for quickness :D )

OK. If it works using bCombat, but the units stop fighting each other when using ASR_AI, and you're testing at daytime, I think the problem is the units are not getting the order to push forward. I don't know how Zeus waypoint types relate to the actual waypoint system, but you should give them MOVE orders to at least your unit's positions. SAD (search and destroy) waypoints should work too. Not sure about DESTROY or ATTACK though, so you better avoid them for the tests. The idea behind this is that bCombat will order units to flank and push to the enemies' last known positions, while ASR_AI won't. Without those blind orders, the units will stop moving when they stop detecting enemies. Units don't move by themselves, if they don't have good knowledge of their contacts, and the right combination of waypoint types.

OK. If it works using bCombat, but the units stop fighting each other when using ASR_AI, and you're testing at daytime, I think the problem is the units are not getting the order to push forward. I don't know how Zeus waypoint types relate to the actual waypoint system, but you should give them MOVE orders to at least your unit's positions. SAD (search and destroy) waypoints should work too. Not sure about DESTROY or ATTACK though, so you better avoid them for the tests. The idea behind this is that bCombat will order units to flank and push to the enemies' last known positions, while ASR_AI won't. Without those blind orders, the units will stop moving when they stop detecting enemies. Units don't move by themselves, if they don't have good knowledge of their contacts, and the right combination of waypoint types.

thank you so much , i will test more and more with actual waypoints from the editor in different orders and back with results :)

That sounds like what I was getting, without using bCombat, just ASR. Tested using Zeus.

Once the units engage each other, as soon as the initial shots are fired and after some movement where they can't see each other, they just sit there. They don't respond to waypoints set in Zeus or MCC. It's not that they don't' immediately move or go at their own pace under combat, they just don't move at all. The only thing you can do at that point is wait a few minutes until one side goes out of combat mode back to aware and then they will respond to waypoints again.

I'll have to test it without ASR too though, just to make sure it's not MCC or something screwing this up. As far as I know i'm not using any other mods that affect AI.