Astrell

I don't know if it could be related but MCC doesn't use is own AI mod (GAIA) ? I'm not sure GAIA and ASR could be great friend...

Robalo

I play with few friends on listen server, with the new option, all have to run the mod or just the host ?

If it's possible i would love to see IA team with mortar, HMG or GMG to deploy their backpack when their in battle and repack them after...These group are so useless for the moment :s.

GAIA and ASR should be best buddies.

You can run it server-side but I recommend you run it everywhere. Interesting idea about the packed weapons, I'll see what I can do.

I've noticed in past posts that you have sort of gone from mod thread to mod thread, trying to blame them for your server's issues, but no one thing causes lag. Every system has a limit to the amount of load it can handle before smooth gameplay goes out the window. In the case of this game, rubber-banding units is the most apparent. If you found a feature of this mod to induce lag, it's not that it's a problem with the mod causing rubber banding, but instead it's a feature that increases load which in turn results in rubber-banding if the server has been pushed passed it's limit. So many factors go into determining this, so to blame one section of a single mod to be the lone cause of such lag is a little unrealistic.

I have never once tried to blame a mod or its creator for the lag my server gets. I run a server with a large number of mods running and I'm trying to get to the root of the issues this has caused, given that sometimes mods update and that causes problems to arise, and I have no easy way to keep mods from updating for everybody yet. My jumping from thread to thread is me trying to figure out what's causing the problem as quickly as possible so that the players, who donate money for the server and depend on me for a good and smooth experience, can get right back to playing the game.

I don't appreciate you telling me that I'm blaming anyone. The creators of these mods have been nothing but amazing toward me and I appreciate every ounce of work they've done. I was generously given a .pbo file from Robalo and it did fix the lag issue, so I thought the new update to asr_ai would have that integrated, and I asked a simple question to be certain. You spun my question into an accusation. If you want to further discuss, send me a PM.

@Robalo -

I quickly patched up an alternate method to do the userconfig. The reasoning behind this was to enable ASR to run on both the server and the client, but to only utilize the server's userconfig directory. We wanted to prevent the huge exploit of a userconfig .hpp file bypassing pbo signing, and we wanted to enforce server-side ASR settings for Zeus users. This way, we can push ASR in our modpack to all clients, but only utilize our dedicated server configuration for ASR *and* prevent users cheating with their userconfig or having failed game starts because of the userconfig, which is a bit irritating.

http://acre.idi-systems.com/jvon-alpha/uo_asr_setting.pbo.zip

This instead uses defaults for the .hpp config side of things, and then utilizes the variable settings you provide for actually loading the userconfig as an SQF file from the dedicated server only, and then propagating to clients and executing. This works for us at UO, but I know your use cases may be different. This currently prevents configuring ASR on aclient and only allows configuration on dedicated servers.

Hey Jaynus, will check it out.

The whole userconfig thing was embedded into a class asr_ai3 {} to prevent users from defining root classes in configfile. If that's not enough and I'm overlooking some kind of possible exploit please PM me some details.

I see what you mean about use cases and dealing with user errors on a large community like UO. Happy to hear you are using this.

Thanks!

hmm, this would be really useful - we could definitely make use of this. "One config file to bind them all..."

We had to have this created and forced to be unified over all of our clients, so that any time any user was a zeus the locality for AI created by them would behave in the same manner as those created in normal missions, and or headless client hand off missions. Or local client ai balancing approaches w/o the headless client. It just helps to create a unified and standard exprience. The last thing you would want to have happen is one group of ai being moutbreathing and drooling all over themselves while another group of AI just happens to be expert level wallhack qualities.

Astrell

I don't know if it could be related but MCC doesn't use is own AI mod (GAIA) ? I'm not sure GAIA and ASR could be great friend...

Robalo

I play with few friends on listen server, with the new option, all have to run the mod or just the host ?

If it's possible i would love to see IA team with mortar, HMG or GMG to deploy their backpack when their in battle and repack them after...These group are so useless for the moment :s.

For my request if it can help you their already some bis function :

For Unpack :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_unpackStaticWeapon

For Pack :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_packStaticWeapon

Thx again for taking a look at this :).

do you know that @VcomAI already does this?? just wanted to put that out there in case you didnt know..

Edited by Lordprimate

We are using 0.7 for skillai and 0.2 for precisionai with great results.

Lordprimate

Yeah i know to thx ^^, its exactly because VcomAi as it that i want to see how ASR AI could implement this :).

Downloaded this last night with PW6 and I got stumped. When I start up Arma, is it automatically running? I couldn't find any modules to place down.

Hi Robalo, the new ASR_AI is absolutely great, i ran some tests on airport runways and my sniper shot guys from one end of the Takistan runway to the other, more than 1300meters away! I never thought that i' d see AI snipers that effective in Arma one day. I did notice though that in such situations they had a tendency of constantly switching between the prone and crouched position, often firing right at the time of the transition resulting in a miss of course, and other times firing crouched instead of prone (and hitting their target, not very believeable with a 50cal at such a distance lol), maybe there is a way to force them to go prone before firing over certain distances?

Another thing i noticed is that in a mission that i' m creating i would like to put a sniper spotter duo on a hill providing support for an assault force during night, about 800meters away from their targets but no matter the NV scope that i equip them with, addon or vanilla, or thermal, they wont fire. But if i switch to daytime and equip them with day scopes they are firing at the ennemies. So i would like to know, how far away will the AIs engage targets with the vanilla NV or Thermal scope at night, and is there an absolute maximum distance that they won' t engage further from at night, nvg on their heads or not and nv/thermal scopes on their rifles or not? I' m using AGM, so i equipped them with the most modern available NVGs to make sure that this wasn' t the limiting factor.

Awesome work once again man.

How is ASR AI compatible with AI Caching and Distribution System script? Will it still apply when AI is moved to Headless Client and/or back to Dedicated?

I'll tell you after I try it.

---------- Post added at 02:20 ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 ----------

Downloaded this last night with PW6 and I got stumped. When I start up Arma, is it automatically running? I couldn't find any modules to place down.

Initialization is automatic, there are no modules.

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 ----------

Hi Robalo, the new ASR_AI is absolutely great, i ran some tests on airport runways and my sniper shot guys from one end of the Takistan runway to the other, more than 1300meters away! I never thought that i' d see AI snipers that effective in Arma one day. I did notice though that in such situations they had a tendency of constantly switching between the prone and crouched position, often firing right at the time of the transition resulting in a miss of course, and other times firing crouched instead of prone (and hitting their target, not very believeable with a 50cal at such a distance lol), maybe there is a way to force them to go prone before firing over certain distances?

Another thing i noticed is that in a mission that i' m creating i would like to put a sniper spotter duo on a hill providing support for an assault force during night, about 800meters away from their targets but no matter the NV scope that i equip them with, addon or vanilla, or thermal, they wont fire. But if i switch to daytime and equip them with day scopes they are firing at the ennemies. So i would like to know, how far away will the AIs engage targets with the vanilla NV or Thermal scope at night, and is there an absolute maximum distance that they won' t engage further from at night, nvg on their heads or not and nv/thermal scopes on their rifles or not? I' m using AGM, so i equipped them with the most modern available NVGs to make sure that this wasn' t the limiting factor.

Awesome work once again man.

I tried to stay away from manipulating stances using scripting all together. I did it back in A2. I might do a compromise in the future and only set it up for certain unit classes.

About NV sights, 800m is a bit too far for what's available in game. If you find some modded optic combo like sniper scope + clip-on NV and it has opticType = 2 properly configured, it will work.

You are awesome, I would test it but I have no idea how. :D

Hello Robalo, thanks for the swift answer.

The first optic i tried with is the zeiss 6-24 x 72 plus it' s clip on NV scope from BW mod, but it didn' t worked. So i thought that maybe the optics from BWmod weren' t compatible with the improvements from ASR_AI, and tried with vanilla nv scopes but it didn' t worked either.

If i set it to daytime and keep the same Zeiss scope without it' s nv addon my sniper will engage. I checked inside the config and the optic type is set to 2, for both the variant without the clip on nv and the one with.

The weapon is the G82 anti-material sniper rifle from BWmod.

All my tests are ran with AGM, and since AGM apparently deeply reworked night vision in the last update (Different NV gens etc) there might be an absolute maximum distance for night engagements in AGM, i' ll try it without AGM and report back to you.

@Tsark

Both the scope and weapon you mentioned are properly configured. Might be a detection issue. I can't tell you how AGM changes things, because I haven't used it yet.

Try forcing detection of the target with the reveal command in debug console and see if they engage after.

Something like: sniper reveal target;

I tried using this on my server today for Arma 3 Epoch. It loaded up alright but ultimately it had no effect on the AI units due to errors. Does a third-party AI pack have to be coded for this mod or should it "just work"? Error examples from the RPT are posted below.

"#SEM: Running Mission "Strange Device" at Position [2012.52,9280.95]"
10:35:16 Error in expression <_this spawn asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modUnitSkill>
10:35:16   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modUnitSkill>
10:35:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modunitskill
10:35:16 Error in expression <_this spawn asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modUnitSkill>
10:35:16   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modUnitSkill>
10:35:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modunitskill
10:35:17 Error in expression <_this spawn asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modUnitSkill>
10:35:17   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modUnitSkill>
10:35:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modunitskill
10:35:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modunitskill
10:35:18 "#SEM: Spawned 8 units at position [2012.52,9280.95]"
10:35:18 "#SEM DEBUG: ServerID: 1"
10:35:18 "#SEM: Mission AI disabled"
10:35:18 "#SEM: Mission AI waiting for their first encounter"
10:37:48 "#SEM: Mission AI enabled"
10:37:48 "#SEM: Mission AI has new Owner: B Alpha 1-1:1 ([soA]Darth_Rogue) REMOTE - ID: 3"
10:38:25 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:38:25   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:38:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:38:25 Error in expression <["lastGestFreezeT",time];
};
};
};

if (_asrenabled) then {

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>
10:38:25   Error position: <_asrenabled) then {

if (asr_ai3_sysdang>
10:38:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:38:30 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
10:38:30 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
10:38:35 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:38:35   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:38:35   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:38:35 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:38:35   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:38:35   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:38:35 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:38:35   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:38:35   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:21 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:21   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:21 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:21   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:21 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:21   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:21 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:21   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:21 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:21   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:21 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:21   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:27 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:27   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:27 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:27   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:27 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:27   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:40 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:40   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:40 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:40   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:40 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:40   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:40 Error: Object(3 : 36) not found
10:39:44 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:44   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:44   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:44 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:44   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:44   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:44 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:44   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:44   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:46 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:46   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:46 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:46   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:46 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:46   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:50 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:50   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:50 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:50   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:50 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:50   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:56 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:56   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:39:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:39:56 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:56   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:39:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:39:56 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:56   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:39:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:40:02 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:40:02   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:40:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:40:02 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:40:02   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:40:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:40:02 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:40:02   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:40:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:40:08 Error in expression <_asrenabled = asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:40:08   Error position: <asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled == 1;
_grp = g>
10:40:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_sysdanger_enabled
10:40:08 Error in expression <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:40:08   Error position: <_asrenabled && (_dangerCause == 4 || _da>
10:40:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:40:08 Error in expression <_dangerCause == 1 && _asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:40:08   Error position: <_asrenabled && side _dangerCausedBy != s>
10:40:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: _asrenabled
10:40:09 "#SEM: Mission "Strange Device" finished"

I tried using this on my server today for Arma 3 Epoch. It loaded up alright but ultimately it had no effect on the AI units due to errors. Does a third-party AI pack have to be coded for this mod or should it "just work"? Error examples from the RPT are posted below.

There's something wrong with your mod install, can you provide full RPT ? Check requirements and install procedure. The mod will then just work.

There's something wrong with your mod install, can you provide full RPT ? Check requirements and install procedure. The mod will then just work.

Here's my full RPT. I see a CBA error, but that's always been there every time I've tried to load it on any server.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m63pokhpw84j89/serverRPT.txt?dl=0

Also, here is a link to a zip file containing the PBO which has the AI pack along with the init.sqf from my mission which has relevant information in it as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiupu1f1aqcazm1/ai%20pack.zip?dl=0

Maybe you can see something in there that would cause it to not work properly.

Robalo,

If I create a mission where Opfor AIs don't have radio and players are attacking at night with silencers, the main (only?) way for AIs to be alerted will be by hearing shots (especially returning (non silenced) shots from opfor or is there some kind of "shout zone" where AI groups near eachother can communicate their "alertness" ?

Thx !

Here's my full RPT. I see a CBA error, but that's always been there every time I've tried to load it on any server.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m63pokhpw84j89/serverRPT.txt?dl=0

Also, here is a link to a zip file containing the PBO which has the AI pack along with the init.sqf from my mission which has relevant information in it as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiupu1f1aqcazm1/ai%20pack.zip?dl=0

Maybe you can see something in there that would cause it to not work properly.

Problem with CBA initialization:

10:24:41 Error in expression <pile = true };

if (BIS_fnc_init && {!_recompile}) exitWith {};

;

if >

10:24:41 Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};

;

if >

10:24:41 Error &&: Type code, expected Bool

10:24:41 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22

10:24:41 Error in expression <pile = true };

if (BIS_fnc_init && {!_recompile}) exitWith {};

;

if >

10:24:41 Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};

;

if >

10:24:41 Error Generic error in expression

10:24:41 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22

I'd try re-installing latest CBA.

---------- Post added at 01:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

Robalo,

If I create a mission where Opfor AIs don't have radio and players are attacking at night with silencers, the main (only?) way for AIs to be alerted will be by hearing shots (especially returning (non silenced) shots from opfor or is there some kind of "shout zone" where AI groups near eachother can communicate their "alertness" ?

Thx !

There isn't. If no unit with radio in the group, the feature is effectively not available for that group.