aiLevelPreset=3 (custom) is new to me... where do we use that ?

ASR has definitely worked without this... at least I THINK it has !?

Sure, it's working without it as you can see in Robalo's post. The aiLevelPreset=3 is used when you want to use custom settings and not BIS low/medium/high presets. See here for more details: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback&p=2639166&viewfull=1#post2639166

I test and tweak based on the default skill presets, on regular difficulty, which translate to something like:

aiLevelPreset=1;
       skillAI=0.69999999;
       precisionAI=0.5;

Took that from my Arma3Profile.

Thanks Robalo! I guess you are using that for a while, but the last two BIS updates really increased the AI precision (and maybe even skill). Don't you feel they became more lethal under these settings?

Thanks Robalo! I guess you are using that for a while, but the last two BIS updates really increased the AI precision (and maybe even skill). Don't you feel they became more lethal under these settings?

Yes I did feel that :)

hehe :) ok so if you decide to change your default arma3profile settings please let us know.

In latest version, I see setskill was swtiched back to server-only, does that mean using it on client (Zeus spawning) won't take it into effect?

In latest version, I see setskill was swtiched back to server-only, does that mean using it on client (Zeus spawning) won't take it into effect?

I haven't pushed that one yet but decided to make it optional (executing setskill on server vs. all machines). When all your AI sits only on the server it's a waste of resources to execute commands everywhere.

I see, if we can have that optional that would be best, we use Zeus from time to time so it's nice to have setskill set on all machines, even if it's a small waste of resources.

Though even if it's executing on server only, what does that mean for client ASR AI installs? We keep the same config for it across all our members, so that's not a problem.

I see, if we can have that optional that would be best, we use Zeus from time to time so it's nice to have setskill set on all machines, even if it's a small waste of resources.

Though even if it's executing on server only, what does that mean for client ASR AI installs? We keep the same config for it across all our members, so that's not a problem.

I'm keeping it this way, so userconfig settings under class sysaiskill are picked from the server only, because the corresponding code runs server-side (with the option to trigger setskill on remote clients but using same server skill settings).

We´re overworking our Missiondesign right now and detected the issue that waypoints from the editor will be deleted after ASR AI controlled Units goes into Combat Mode. Bug? Feature? Feature request: Given Waypoints > ASR AI priority.

This mod does not mess with waypoints, unless you found a bug, in which case I need some clear instructions to try and reproduce it.

We´re overworking our Missiondesign right now and detected the issue that waypoints from the editor will be deleted after ASR AI controlled Units goes into Combat Mode. Bug? Feature? Feature request: Given Waypoints > ASR AI priority.

Are you saying that when the AI go into Combat state or alerted they break from a set waypoint that you gave them in the editor? If yes, this is correct behavior. Maybe the ASR_AI3 mod makes the AI react in a different or longer state before returning to their set path/waypoints. I believe that you might be able to keep AI on its set path without interruption if you use the CARELESS behavior mode within the editor (often not great for immersion though - I use it for insert or extraction choppers so the AI pilot does not fly off into the sunset etc).

True, moving to cover is done between lockwp true and lockwp false but no waypoints are removed.

Google Drive Link

Link with two Videos and our asrconfig

The Small Video shows a little test with waypoint sets over MCC in combat and aware mode. Combat Made is visible through white Symbol.

In combat mode the waypoint shows up, Unit follows but the waypoint vanish. Still doing the last WP. In aware Mode the Waypoint is still there, even after the WP is done.

The big Video shows combat situation. Very much WPs around Hadassah(Hotel) and beginning with the firefight of Alpha 3-1, Alpha 2-1 and Alpha 2-3 the editor made WP vanish, following to last activ WP but then -> nothing. Even after deleting all groups and returning to "aware" status the WPs are not there again, they are deleted. No more PewPew on destination.

Did not yet test the szenario without MCC but its 0200 a.m. in Germany so i´m going to sleep. Wanna more intel and tests - your wish is my command. See ya later.

( if the big Video is not showing up, i´m still uploading ... )

Google Drive Link

Link with two Videos and our asrconfig

The Small Video shows a little test with waypoint sets over MCC in combat and aware mode. Combat Made is visible through white Symbol.

In combat mode the waypoint shows up, Unit follows but the waypoint vanish. Still doing the last WP. In aware Mode the Waypoint is still there, even after the WP is done.

The big Video shows combat situation. Very much WPs around Hadassah(Hotel) and beginning with the firefight of Alpha 3-1, Alpha 2-1 and Alpha 2-3 the editor made WP vanish, following to last activ WP but then -> nothing. Even after deleting all groups and returning to "aware" status the WPs are not there again, they are deleted. No more PewPew on destination.

Did not yet test the szenario without MCC but its 0200 a.m. in Germany so i´m going to sleep. Wanna more intel and tests - your wish is my command. See ya later.

( if the big Video is not showing up, i´m still uploading ... )

Well, if I had to guess, I'd say it's probably MCC doing all that. Plus from the symbols those are tanks and my mod scripted features are limited to infantry units and groups.

Hm, thats strange. I did very much testing to have a understanding of the behavior of your AI Script and i absolutely can see an improvement in intelligence in every unit.

And the WP issue is only present if ASR is combined with MCC. With MCC alone this problem is not present. So it looks ASR related.

This all is very strange. A time ago i tried to use the AI Mod "Smarter Tanks" but i could observe some very strange behavior in vehicles so i thought this is colliding with ASR AI.

New version available:

- tweaked camouflage settings for units (values: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2 - from snipers in ghillies to plain clothes); BIS, why are these settings done on units and not on uniform/vest configs ?!

- new setskill execution option: 2 - new default, execute setskill everywhere (with server settings), 1 - server only, 0 - disabled

- minor code optimisation

- slightly tweaked userconfig defaults

Merry Xmas !

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

- new setskill execution option: 2 - new default, execute setskill everywhere (with server settings), 1 - server only, 0 - disabled

Can you explain how this works a little bit please? Does this mean if value is set to '2' and the mod is only running on the server it will still end up setting skill for Zeus-spawned AI?

also, just so I'm sure, is 2 the option that caused the rubber band lag? so I set it to 1 to avoid that?

also, just so I'm sure, is 2 the option that caused the rubber band lag? so I set it to 1 to avoid that?

I've noticed in past posts that you have sort of gone from mod thread to mod thread, trying to blame them for your server's issues, but no one thing causes lag. Every system has a limit to the amount of load it can handle before smooth gameplay goes out the window. In the case of this game, rubber-banding units is the most apparent. If you found a feature of this mod to induce lag, it's not that it's a problem with the mod causing rubber banding, but instead it's a feature that increases load which in turn results in rubber-banding if the server has been pushed passed it's limit. So many factors go into determining this, so to blame one section of a single mod to be the lone cause of such lag is a little unrealistic.

Can you explain how this works a little bit please? Does this mean if value is set to '2' and the mod is only running on the server it will still end up setting skill for Zeus-spawned AI?

That is correct. When set to 2 it will cause setskill code to execute on all clients so that AI units local to those clients (remote units from the server's perspective) get their skills set.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Well, I made a replacement sysaiskill pbo just for you a few posts back but you haven't confirmed that fixed your issue.

I recommend setskill be left to new default value, 2.

If a server admin knows there are no scenario spawning AI on clients (Zeus, Alive CQB module configured to spawn AI on clients, players leading groups of AI) then it can be set to 1 to avoid running unnecessary code.

Edited by Robalo

So this mean when i play SaOk´s WholeLottaAltis mission (Singleplayer) then the recommended value is 2 at "setskills"?

In SP it does not matter, same as hosting a mission on your Pc, you are playing on the server. 2 is provided for dedicated server setups.