I have ASR_AI3 installed and running on my Ubuntu server and it seems to have stopped working ever since a more recent update. I copied the settings .hpp into the userconfig/asr_ai3 folder in the dedicated server installation and it just doesn't work at all. Could I have missed something? I looked in the OP and there aren't any extra instructions that I saw. We've been using RHS and CAF Aggressors.

Hi Robalo, I tried to use ASR AI today and I got this errors logged in rpt:

11:03:34 Error in expression <e 1: { 
if (asr_ai3_sysdanger_reactions select 1 == 1) then {
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:34   Error position: <select 1 == 1) then {
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:34   Error select: Type code, expected Array,String,Config entry
11:03:34 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 42
11:03:34 Error in expression <e 1: { 
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:34   Error position: <select 1 == 1) then {
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:34   Error Generic error in expression
11:03:34 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 42
11:03:42 Error in expression <e 0: { 
if (asr_ai3_sysdanger_reactions select 0 == 1) then {
[_grp,"attack"] sp>
11:03:42   Error position: <select 0 == 1) then {
[_grp,"attack"] sp>
11:03:42   Error select: Type code, expected Array,String,Config entry
11:03:42 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 37
11:03:42 Error in expression <e 0: { 
if (asr_ai3_sysdanger_reactions select 0 == 1) then {
[_grp,"attack"] sp>
11:03:42   Error position: <select 0 == 1) then {
[_grp,"attack"] sp>
11:03:42   Error Generic error in expression
11:03:42 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 37
11:03:48 Error in expression <e 1: { 
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:48   Error position: <select 1 == 1) then {
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:48   Error select: Type code, expected Array,String,Config entry
11:03:48 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 42
11:03:48 Error in expression <e 1: { 
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:48   Error position: <select 1 == 1) then {
[_grp,"defend"] sp>
11:03:48   Error Generic error in expression
11:03:48 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 42
11:04:02 Error in expression <e 2: { 
if (asr_ai3_sysdanger_reactions select 2 == 1) then {
[_grp,"support"] s>
11:04:02   Error position: <select 2 == 1) then {
[_grp,"support"] s>
11:04:02   Error select: Type code, expected Array,String,Config entry
11:04:02 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 47
11:04:02 Error in expression <e 2: { 
if (asr_ai3_sysdanger_reactions select 2 == 1) then {
[_grp,"support"] s>
11:04:02   Error position: <select 2 == 1) then {
[_grp,"support"] s>
11:04:02   Error Generic error in expression
11:04:02 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_doSomething.sqf, line 47

I did not found this errors here in topic, so I am posting it.

Does it mean that ASR AI is not working or this is just a "must be" error? :)

Hi Robalo, I tried to use ASR AI today and I got this errors logged in rpt:

I did not found this errors here in topic, so I am posting it.

Does it mean that ASR AI is not working or this is just a "must be" error? :)

Try restoring the default userconfig, looks like you broke yours.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

I have ASR_AI3 installed and running on my Ubuntu server and it seems to have stopped working ever since a more recent update. I copied the settings .hpp into the userconfig/asr_ai3 folder in the dedicated server installation and it just doesn't work at all. Could I have missed something? I looked in the OP and there aren't any extra instructions that I saw. We've been using RHS and CAF Aggressors.

What does it mean it stopped working ? Did you check your RPT to see if the pbos were actually loaded ?

ASR is referenced in the RPT when starting the server once, so something is loading

12:14:04 Updating base class Man->Civilian, by x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Civilian_F/

By "stopped working" I mean has no effect whatsoever. the enemies no longer throw smoke grenades like they did with ASR in the past, and they have laser-accurate AI; it's just vanilla AI again.

If there's any other information I can give you, let me know

EDIT: Here is an RPT after loading a mission and going in to kill some enemies: http://pastebin.com/ihULuCPt

here is my settings .hpp file. All I did was change some of the skill numbers: http://pastebin.com/eAWP078S

this is located in /arma3/userconfig/asr_ai3/asr_ai3_settings.hpp

Edited by GDent

ASR is referenced in the RPT when starting the server once, so something is loading

12:14:04 Updating base class Man->Civilian, by x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Civilian_F/

By "stopped working" I mean has no effect whatsoever. the enemies no longer throw smoke grenades like they did with ASR in the past, and they have laser-accurate AI; it's just vanilla AI again.

If there's any other information I can give you, let me know

EDIT: Here is an RPT after loading a mission and going in to kill some enemies: http://pastebin.com/ihULuCPt

here is my settings .hpp file. All I did was change some of the skill numbers: http://pastebin.com/eAWP078S

this is located in /arma3/userconfig/asr_ai3/asr_ai3_settings.hpp

Your rpt was edited ? it's missing the part that shows which pbos were loaded. I see hints of AGM, Alive, MCC, Zeus.

So many errors, your mod set does not look healthy at all. Tons of broken class inheritances.

Are you using AGM AI ? Then you're not using ASR AI really.

Are you spawning AI on clients ? Then make sure they're running the mod as well.

I don't know how to fix the thousands of errors we get. I assumed that was a normal part of running an arma server. we might reduce the number of mods we use in the future, but I don't know what else would fix it.

AGM's wiki says that AGM AI ensures compatibility with script-based mods like ASR.

we might be spawning AI on clients, so we'll run the mod on both clients and the server and see what happens.

AGM's wiki says that AGM AI ensures compatibility with script-based mods like ASR.

Configs are an important part of this mod, it's not purely made of scripts. The scripted features are tweaked based on certain config values set by this mod. If they're overwritten by another mod, results may not be the same.

Tested ASR_AI3 on my local PC with AGM still running and it worked, but when I tested it on the server with clients running it it still doesn't have any effect. I'll try removing the AGM AI pbo to see if it affects anything, but seeing that it didn't change anything on my PC, I doubt it will help. any more ideas are welcome.

EDIT: That did not help. Removed agm_ai.pbo from both client and server and ran a test mission, no effect whatsoever.

EDIT 2: I don't know how to output the full RPT to a file. I use 2> rpt.txt but that doesn't seem to do the whole output. I can find ASR in there, so that seems to indicate that it's running, but I don't know how to see the full output.

EDIT 3: I tried running ONLY asr_ai3 and cba_a3 on both server and client. still no change at all. absolutely no idea what to do at this point.

Edited by GDent

We recently removed AGM_AI as you suggested Robalo and now the AI are back to being snipers (killed one guy mid-air paradropping, twice). Will skillFinal provide a correct output so we can do some debugging? Are there are any normalized configs for "fuck around" type of coops?

we run AGM without the AI pbo and I can confirm everything works fine with ASR. even to the point of fine tuning the accuracy we can tell the difference when running tests

make sure your server profile settings are like this under the mercenary class (assuming u want to play on elite)

class mercenary
{
	class Flags
	{
		HUD=0;
		AutoSpot=0;
		WeaponCursor=0;
		DeathMessages=1;
		3rdPersonView=0;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=0;
	};
	aiLevelPreset=3;
	skillAI=1;
	precisionAI=0.40000001;
};

and then our Russians are set to the following in ASR

lass level_3 { // RUSSIANS, ISIS, US
		aiming[]   = {0.23, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.50, 0.00};	general[]  = {1.00, 0.00};

Robalo - any way to force mgs to fire a lot of suppression bullets rather than acting like a rifleman?

Edited by Azer1234

They already do it. Which mg did you notice not being used correctly?

we run AGM without the AI pbo and I can confirm everything works fine with ASR. even to the point of fine tuning the accuracy we can tell the difference when running tests

make sure your server profile settings are like this under the mercenary class (assuming u want to play on elite)

class mercenary
{
	class Flags
	{
		HUD=0;
		AutoSpot=0;
		WeaponCursor=0;
		DeathMessages=1;
		3rdPersonView=0;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=0;
	};
	aiLevelPreset=3;
	skillAI=1;
	precisionAI=0.40000001;
};

and then our Russians are set to the following in ASR

lass level_3 { // RUSSIANS, ISIS, US
		aiming[]   = {0.23, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.50, 0.00};	general[]  = {1.00, 0.00};

Robalo - any way to force mgs to fire a lot of suppression bullets rather than acting like a rifleman?

Can you run through the setup from scratch for dummies? I just can't get ASR to affect anything at all. Maybe I missed a critical step, but all I did was get @asr_ai3, move the asr_ai3_settings.hpp file to the userconfig/asr_ai3 folder, and I edited the hpp to my liking. The mod runs and shows things in the server console (Linux), but it just won't change the AI behavior. It's still vanilla AI, as if nothing was different.

What kind of things need to be configured for RHS units so they work as intended with ASR AI?

ROBALO UVE GOT ME ALL EXCITED NOW! im guessing that's a patch for the whole of RHS? Is this to be run servside only?

And I was talking about the RHS Russian Mgs not spraying their bullets much.

@Gdent - this is our complete asr config. http://pastebin.com/BdFEJcqK

keep in mind our clan plays for realism so the units configured in that (RHS US and Russians, standard CSAT which weve scripted to be ISIS) are quite hard. and all these settings directly correspond to what the server's default skill preset is. so if u want the same result as us then make both of these configs match what I have posted.

also, robalo stated once before that it is bad practice to include a large number of classnames in the units [] field, but ASR was not configure for RHS yet so that is why we did that. im guessing with what robalo just posted, we will be able to configure the whole faction now?

Thank you for the RHS.pbo Robalo, we will test that next weekend.

Edited by Papanowel

Thank you for the RHS.pbo Robalo, we will test that next weekend.

Same here. What changes should we expect?

I ran some tests on dedicated. Still havent seen the rhs ruskies throw smoke like all other units do.

i am not sure but could it be that the russians don't throw smoke because they don't have vanilla smoke grenades?

ROBALO UVE GOT ME ALL EXCITED NOW! im guessing that's a patch for the whole of RHS? Is this to be run servside only?

keep in mind our clan plays for realism so the units configured in that (RHS US and Russians, standard CSAT which weve scripted to be ISIS) are quite hard. and all these settings directly correspond to what the server's default skill preset is. so if u want the same result as us then make both of these configs match what I have posted.

also, robalo stated once before that it is bad practice to include a large number of classnames in the units [] field, but ASR was not configure for RHS yet so that is why we did that. im guessing with what robalo just posted, we will be able to configure the whole faction now?

Did ASR not work on the RHS units until you added all the classnames to the config? I thought it was meant to catch every unit, even mods, unless otherwise configured. It didn't work on ISIS/Leight's Opfor units either, but I didn't test ASR on anything but modded units

Ahh custom smoke shells, forgot about those... will fix in next update of ASR AI.

Edited by Robalo

Anyone got a complete list of the RHS russian troop classnames ? I'm trying to build a customer ASR_ai config file. Their Wiki doesn't seem right to me.

SJ

It's best to have config installed everywhere, server and clients, ensures maximum stability and compatibility.

Also there was nothing preventing you from adding custom faction coefficients in userconfig (goes for any custom faction), this config has nothing to do with that.

It does tweak AI rate of fire and ranges for the MGs, so give it a try. By default AI with large enough amounts of bullets loaded into their weapon automatically suppress their targets.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Same here. What changes should we expect?

Fined tuned the relevant config parameters for units and weapons. Open up the pbo and see ;)

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Did ASR not work on the RHS units until you added all the classnames to the config? I thought it was meant to catch every unit, even mods, unless otherwise configured. It didn't work on ISIS/Leight's Opfor units either, but I didn't test ASR on anything but modded units

It does apply to any units, although depending on how they're configured, they may need some extra configs, either by addons - how I did for CAF_AG and RHS or by tweaking userconfig.

Did you give them custom weapons too ? That's what's most important, some third party weapons have either too low or too high aidispersioncoef.

I didn't give them custom weapons, I just tested it by spawning them with Zeus and made them fight each other to see if they would throw smokes or be less accurate, not just go prone and actually look for cover, etc

Would adding them the skill coefficients help? Also, where do I find the custom PBOs for CAF AG and RHS normally? I downloaded the RHS one, but I wanted to know where you would normally put them so I can easily find them.

So if some units seem unaffected by RHS, should I just add their unit classnames to the userconfig?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.