batto

Ukraine General

According to the BBC : "Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovych has written to Russian President Vladimir Putin asking him to use military force in Ukraine, says Russia's envoy to the UN, Vitaly Churkin." :icon_ohmygod: That's the exact contrary of what he said in the press conf'.

Is there any other source?

Is there any other source?

I don't see why i wouldn't believe Russian sources, Lavrov said they are invading Crimea to protect Human Rights :rolleyes:

_73346179_021395773-1.jpg

Edited by ProfTournesol

I'm livin and studyin there but actualy plan to go into politics, get into Russia with false identity and take over the goverment, like it's our tradition :P because honestly, someone has to replace your dictator with an effective one allready. Putin is too slow.

choose you tie carefully then... :p

I don't see why i wouldn't believe Russian sources, Lavrov said they are invading Crimea to protect Human Rights :rolleyes:

You are right, the Russian envoy to the UN Security Council read the letter.

It appears as flash news in Russia Today.

I suggest everyone to read the other Headlines in that website.

confirmed by Russian UN guy, in Polish media too,

so seems that Yanukovich is not only corrupted but also traitor of nation to ask foreign troops,

Russia should give Yanuk to Ukrainians and all money from all family of Yanuk should be nationalized by Ukraine and Yanuk should be ... you know what, like it is done during war,

apart from is there is some media news about things in UK, one secret document which makes some scandal about to be soft to Russia revealed mostly focusing on money and profits in deals with Russia

once again - what i said about pork business, BMW, Mercedes, Audi and such examples , west do not care about moral issues, only about business, democracy is protected only where there is oil or where people can afford to buy those cars

seems that all what i wrote before is happening

all west will lick ass of Russia cause Russia is big consumer and client, and people who find Russian action condamnable and immoral can kiss their ass

http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/swiat/wielka-brytania-kompromitujacy-dokument-ws-sankcji-przeciw-rosji/8bw1p

the same what with pork issue - Poland stood for honor and morality and lost contracts, west fucks honor and morality to gain contracts cause business of corporation and banksters is more important than human suffering in poor country

Edited by vilas

choose you tie carefully then... :p

Russia is not Georgia. I don't think I will be in a situation to eat tie, unless there is massive Alien invasion.

Russian Envoy in the UN Security Council says that Russia has deployed around 16,000 troops to Crimea since 24 February. Also that Moscow can deploy 25,000 soldiers in Crimea according to a bilateral treaty. Mr Churkin also says the Russian troops are guarding Russian objects in Crimea and preventing "radical actions".

I wonder where could they be, because in Crimea we have only seen that unidentified armed men with Russian uniform, that Russia officials have repeatedly said that they were not Russian soldiers.

Also Arms, 400 kilos of explosives seized from Kiev radicals on Crimean border ( Russia Today )

------------------

On the other hand No money, no jobs: Europe’s growing desperation ( Russia Today ), I guess that's why there is so much immigration from EU to Russia.

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography

( BBC Live Feed )Poland has invoked Article 4 of Nato's founding treaty, under which consultations can be requested when an ally feels their security is threatened. Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski has said that while the Ukraine crisis is not a direct threat to Poland and that the country is safe, Poland wants to enlist Nato as a tool to work for stabilisation in Ukraine.

Also in Global Post

-----------------------------------------

( also from BBC Live Feed ) There is some wrangling going on about the deployment and safety of international observers in Crimea. The US says observers from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) will deploy in Crimea tonight, and calls upon Russia to "ensure that their access is not impeded".

Edited by MistyRonin

I'm kind of curious what the rest of the world thinks America should do with the current Ukraine and Russia situation. I already know what most of Americans think, but I'm quite curious what everyone else thinks who are not Americans, especially considering the general view people have with America and Afghanistan and Iraq.

But, rather, to be more in specific, what does the world think, considering our actions in WWII, Vietnam, Cuba, Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Kosovo, Yugoslavia and Bosnia.

Do you think we should lead or take part in a international effort to disrupt Russia's economy or military strength through diplomatic means? Do you think we should aid Ukraine in supplies, either military or humanitarian? Do you think we should show an empty show of force? Or do you think we, as Americans, as a country, should cross that line and commit military forces and America lives, either in strategic bombings, peace keeping "defensive" operations or, God forbid, actual armed conflict that could lead to far worse that any of us could imagine?

I understand this can be a passionate topic for some, so please be respectful, professional and tolerant of other's views and opinions. This is something I wish to know so I can better understand the general situation in the world outside of Fox and CNN.

Firstly, Europe won't do anything to stop this Russian action - otherwise Russia will turn off the oil/gas pipes, Russia has Europe by the balls.

I doubt the Ukrainian forces will surrender to the Russian Forces, and if they don't surrender there will be a small war which obviously results in Russia taking over the Crimea or indeed exploiting it to the whole of Ukraine.

What should the US do? Try everything they can politically to stop this expansion, and not unnecessarily raise tensions between the US and Russia. That would be a bad thing. At the end of the day this happened in Georgia (another NATO member state I believe?) and the US (or more specifically, NATO) did nothing to stop the Russia from invading it. It will happen in the Crimea this time round, unless America does anything stupid then there won't be a serious escalation. But keep going on like this and Russia will soon own what it used to!

Russia knows it cannot stand up to the USA anymore, and if it does, then it's in for a serious kicking, both politically and militarily. Russia just lost any soft power it had by invading a part of Ukraine and it's economy has seriously suffered because of it.

EDIT: From a Brit studying Politics!

- McCain criticize Obama,

Being an American who did not vote for Obama, I have to say I think he's handling this pretty well. I do not want to go to war, as I'm sure others believe the same thing. But if Ukraine asks for militarized help from us, I think we should definitely help them out in any way possible.

one good thing said one Polish general "if unidentified personnel attack base, why army not open fire", if Russia claims those unidentified people are not Russian Army soldiers, than Ukrainian soldiers have full right to open fire as to terrorists

100% agree with you here.

I want to know what we ought to do too... I also want to know where the line is-

Crimea? All the east? The whole country of Ukraine? The US and UK are bound by treaty to protect Ukraine's territory by the Budapest Memorandum (as is the Russian Federation). I don't see ANY positive outcome to this situation- whether we act politically, militarily, or merely complain loudly. Whatever happens, I think the best outcome will be from the United States, the UK, and the EU acting TOGETHER.

The historical precedent for this kind of thing happening unchecked is almost as spooky as the thought of fighting the Russians for real.

Several Ukrainian soldiers (without weapons) with a ukrainian flag and something that seems to be a unit flag are in front of a ocupied airfield. So far as I know a small group of ukrainian soldier were allowed to enter the airfield.

Bh3NogJIIAEIInv.jpg

( from BBC live ) 07:27: Pro-Russian troops who control the Belbek air base in Crimea fire warning shots into the air as around 300 Ukrainian soldiers, who previously manned the airfield, demanded their jobs back, AP reports. The Russian troops warned that they would shoot the Ukrainians if they continued to march toward them.

http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-diplomacy-russia-consolidation/25283380.html

Viceroy Yanukovych requested russian intervention.

What a rat.

not even a rat, rat was cause he escaped, ordering other country troops against own nation is betrayal of the state and there is only one punishment for it

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8086935296/h74AD53BE/

great image Tonci87 !!!!!!

Being an American who did not vote for Obama, I have to say I think he's handling this pretty well. I do not want to go to war, as I'm sure others believe the same thing. But if Ukraine asks for militarized help from us, I think we should definitely help them out in any way possible.

but in case when there is oil somewhere , your country elites (financial, banks, big corporations) send troops to any region and demand from my nation to send my troops,

when there is poor nation in danger , your corporations say "it is not danger"

i do not have anything against usual American, but you know how your gov/corporations/CIA acts,

thats why USA is not loved in many countries, noone has anything American usual people, but even as you seen post of Call911, they want for us to buy F16, they want us to send Polish soldiers to Iraq (not our case, US wanted oil) but when our neigbor has problems than... people like Call911 say they not care about us

by the way our government was telling us that US government promised to release visas to Poles when we will join OIF (Iraq) and buy F16, i feel cheated by USA (gov, CIA, corporations), because if US gov. was not assuring visas, than they should make any public statement, and than we would buy JAS39 Grippen or Eurofighter and not put money to Iraq (which costed a lot of my taxes without any profit),

but probably during A-Stan and Iraqi in USA it was the same, usual people had nothing against citizens of A-Stan or Iraq, but interests of big corporations were forcing gov. to spend tax money,

now Russia is danger to world due to destabilizing this region

Switzerland, Sweden < those countries are wise, since few centuries are neutral and not get in any wars but do business with both sides (and citizens have guns almost like in USA)

Edited by vilas

I already know what most of Americans think, but I'm quite curious what everyone else thinks who are not Americans, especially considering the general view people have with America and Afghanistan and Iraq.

so let's start:

my beliefs are that:

USA (country, not citizens) reacts only when interest (money) of big corporations are in danger or big corporations (banks, oil industry, weapon industry) see something to take

US usual citizens are not called USA by us, when we say USA we think about Federal Reserve Bank, CIA, President, SOCOM, Wallstreet, Bilderberg group meeting few most important people who decide,

so what i thought about A-stan ? well, there was terrorist attack on 9 11, not denying it, it was justified , jihad is danger to world,

Iraq - for me it was "war for oil" which was not justified , after war Iraq is more danger to their citizens due to jihadists free,

Vietnam - it was internal case and US was invader

almost invasion of Syria - we all know who is Syrian President fighting, he fights jihadists, they are danger, he is guarantee of less "talibs" in region cause he is not radical muslim who want to cut throat to every not-muslim for eating pork,

what i do not like in America (US gov, CIA, banks) not usual Americans is overusing word "freedom", they say "freedom" when they see oil, when there is real genocide (RWANDA in Africa, do you know how many people died in Rwanda slaughtered in mid 90s ? over milion people died ) they not react, moreover, big corporation sell there weapons to side which commits genocides and big corporations later take natural resources

America (US gov.) acts like someone who make war when see money, than says that he do it to bring human rights and democracy and freedom (look at human rights in Saudi Arabia, why you want invade Iran, but not Saudi Arabia which is equally the same ),

when people starve but they are poor, they have no oil, than US gov. show middle finger and US press writes about Justin Bieber, Oscars, Pistorius and new McDonald dish,

USA (gov) says about friendship when they want to sell F16, once F16 is payed, they show middle finger,

i am person who always believed that honor and some moral values are more important than money (which shows why for so many years i was and i am still making addons for free i do not think about any money prizes for them and A3 conquest rather cause my anger that money are involved)

so for me looking at "is there any oil" is something dirty (although i know how economy works, and i know that now people from EU who say about freedom piss on Ukraine cause than if Russia will close import, than all those BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Whirlpool, AEG, Philips, Sony etc. will not sell product to Russian market)

i do not know if i make myself clear as English is not my native, i simply hate dirty greed politicians who look only at money and not at human starvation or cause human starvation for big money

as you are American you know that a lot of your tax money went to big banks from Wallstreet after crisis, Amercians protested on wallstreet, so you also suffered from those guys who earn 400 000 000 dollars per year and buy themselves private jets and golden WC

my views on usual Americans are different than views on US gov, Wallstreet, cause for example WLD427 is usual men, who is very family-man, father of family loving his kids, not wallstreet hungry greed guy,

so knowing WLD427 or Jakerod from discussions, i do not have bad view of Americans, i simply to not like guys from Wallstreet cause if i was bleeding, guys from wallstreet would rather offered invader to sell some weapons and asked where is oil near by or how much coca cola each side gonna buy

apart form this of course USA is big exporter of "culture", music, movies, style/fashion etc. metal music, rap music, BDU trousers, it is all thing we all use from America,

the only problem is that in Hollywood movie US soldier fights for freedom of others and in real life often he dies, cause his government send him only to secure oil/natural resources or to change government buying Russian weapons to government buying US weapons and freedom was least important,

i quote Bodycount band song from their album Murder 4 hire:

I ain't never done shit to your country of fam,

Don't want your oil man, don't want your land.

The people that your beefin with are not my friends,

They hate me too, and they want me to hate you.

It's the evilest of mixes keep the people twisted,

Power mongers on earth, they trade life for dirt.

It ain't the people of this planet, it's the kings and their courts.

And they do what they gotta do cause murders their sport.

if usual American thinks like in this song, he is my friend

Ancient Romans said - pecunia non olet - money doesn't smell, yes it smell, money smell human suffering

Edited by vilas