batto

Ukraine General

Well the resemblence is uncanny..talk about using everything you've got on hand.

This is your hunting rifle. A cheap multipump airgun click exactly the same model ;) it uses a small magazine too. The part under the barrel is a pump level, used just like this click

And such narrow scopes (x4)... are only good for garden plinking with rifles not exceeding 9 joules of energy ;) I had similar one on my +20J airgun and scope has turned into a rattle after a few shots ;) had to use single rail scope mount with solid hunting scope.

Comm, what you think about theory which i said before about breabasket of China , does it have any sense?

I can't really tell of how much breadbasket Ukraine is today. If it's really so important on that issue, because I saw Ukraine mainly as gas/oil transit country mainly all the time. But Ukraine in fact seems to have become an attractive nation for China to consult on food matters because China suffers a food shortage allready for some years now so that theory indeed is not unfounded at all. Yet Chinese don't seem to worry about that if it's true that they support Putin's actions .... It's a good theory, but is it really one of the reasons why Russians are doing this with such radical methods ? I don't know man. In any way, I believe the Russians primary concern remains loosing their vital naval base in the Black Sea and their only entrence into the Mediterranian waters.

It's hard to say, I have no doubt several officers would have walked away. I think the rifle in this particular photo is more of a hunting rifle..however anyone who is well seasoned in hunting can in theory be a good marskman.

One thing is certain. People who were killed were shot by professional marksmen aiming streight for the heads and using semi-automatic rifles. Watch the videos again where the guys armed with shields are being shot. For example you see one man receiving a headshot when briefly moving his head above or right side of his shield. I think there was a mix of AK and SVD being fired simultanously. Can only speculate though.

Huh...the type 90's seem a bit excessive, I wonder if this is in response to the Ukrainian soldiers not surrendering...although doesn't going into a country and demanding their military surrender, then bringing in heavy hardware to take them out seem a bit.....invasion..ish?

Yeah, T-90s, BMP-3s, BTR-94s ( correct me if I'm wrong ) are practicaly their top notch toys and don't seem to be placed there for intimidation reasons only .... also remember the Ka-50s flying into Crimea some days earlier ? that's quite some heavy stuff.

Edited by Comm_Yuri

This is your hunting rifle. A cheap multipump airgun click exactly the same model ;) The part under the barrel is a pump level, used just like this click

Pretty sure he knows what a BB gun(Airgun) is.

Although they are just BB guns, the BB can still definitely pierce skin if you pump it up enough and are within close enough range. My father always made me treat it as any other rifle.

Yeah I´ve seen some footage where they tried to ahow armed maidan protesters. I immediately recognized the rifles as BB guns (although I did see one guy with a small caliber hunting rifle). People where just using what they had at home.

I think these are BB guns too

http://i.imgur.com/XznIPi1.jpg

http://www.unframe.com/unframe-cms/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/20140218-deadly-crackdown-kiev-046.jpg

There are a few things that give it away.

No possibility to open the chamber

Typical mass produced BB rifle body

The screw at the front wich serves as hinge when you load the gun.

Airguns. Fixed barrel with underbarrel spring loader.

I saw similar images when in media they were talking in context of using GUNS on Maidan :D

Better option is a spud gun with hair spray as propellant for combustion chamber. I still had mine, this shit can easily piece wooden door while potato can travel very very far. I think it can leave a veeeery nasty bruise of knock out dead when aimed for head.

Edited by Sudayev

Talking about the Ms Asthon conversation about snipers.

15:28: Estonia's Foreign Minister Urmas Paet speaks out over a leaked telephone conversation he had with EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton in which he discussed the events in Ukraine.

15:29: Mr Paet said he had been making known to Ms Ashton the rumours he heard on a visit to Kiev, that snipers from both sides were involved in the killing of protesters in Independence Square last month.

15:30: He accused those behind the leaking of the phone conversation of trying "to discredit the new government of Ukraine".

Pretty sure he knows what a BB gun(Airgun) is.

Although they are just BB guns, the BB can still definitely pierce skin if you pump it up enough and are within close enough range. My father always made me treat it as any other rifle.

Your father is a wise man. Yes Airguns can pierce the skin if it is exposed and you are close enough. It also depends on the ammunition. There is a wide variety of ammunitions for Airguns. I don´t know if you can pump these things up multiple times. At least the models I know have a underbarrel spring loader. You pump only once.

Mr Paet said he had been making known to Ms Ashton the rumours he heard on a visit to Kiev, that sn

aha, so from gossip, Russians made fact ;)

while from fact (GAZ Tiger M and full military equipment that you cannot buy in shop like automatic rifles, machineguns, SVDS) they make fantasy, greaaat

airguns as sniper weapons , nice

this with such radical methods ?

but if you thought about perspective of 20 years economy of your country and what might happen in 20 years if Ukr would join EU in 2030 and than China would desperately need any food ? than it sounds resonable to take it all costs, after 10 years people will forget, forgive, he will pass away , but country will bring huge profits to his countrymen

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

OSCE (European Security cooperation organization) amabassadors prisoned by pro-Russian personel - latest news from press

Edited by vilas

Yeah I´ve seen some footage where they tried to ahow armed maidan protesters. I immediately recognized the rifles as BB guns (although I did see one guy with a small caliber hunting rifle). People where just using what they had at home.

I think these are BB guns too

http://i.imgur.com/XznIPi1.jpg

http://www.unframe.com/unframe-cms/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/20140218-deadly-crackdown-kiev-046.jpg

There are a few things that give it away.

No possibility to open the chamber

Typical mass produced BB rifle body

The screw at the front wich serves as hinge when you load the gun.

They could be a BB gun, but it's hard to tell because you can't see a bolt/action. It could possibly be a .22 rifle or similar small caliber, with a left hand bolt action.

Here is a picture of my BB gun and .22 together for comparison:

x6CypdH.jpg

Your father is a wise man. Yes Airguns can pierce the skin if it is exposed and you are close enough. It also depends on the ammunition. There is a wide variety of ammunitions for Airguns. I don´t know if you can pump these things up multiple times. At least the models I know have a underbarrel spring loader. You pump only once.

Some BB guns you can pump multiple times for more feet per second. I have both a single pump BB gun and the one I have shown above.

I already said it in my last post: Mr Paet said he had been making known to Ms Ashton the rumours he heard on a visit to Kiev, that snipers from both sides were involved in the killing of protesters in Independence Square last month.

He accused those behind the leaking of the phone conversation of trying "to discredit the new government of Ukraine".

this call is funny - Olga says about people dirty past - hahah, person sentenced for corruption says that someone has dirty past and she want to create government of Ukraine

and claims about sniper came from HER, from Timoshenko !!! she is by the way pro-Kremlin

it is intrigue of Timoshenko not FACTS proven by investigation

but Timoshenko who had dirty corruption past want to get to power and she put gossip in the air , because she doesn't want corruption-free Ukraine, she want to replace interests of Yanuk by her interests

people on Maidan didn't wanted to invite her and support her, cause they do not like her, so she want revenge Maidan for the this , this guy (Minister from Estonia) said he talked with Olga (Timoshenko)

so such news is... useless, this news should be "Timoshenko said something" , her credibility is zero, she was sentenced for corruption and Maidan people fought against corruption in country, they fought against all corruption, not important from which political party it comes, she is person hungry for power and she want to create new government with "her trusted people only", cause her last government ended in lost election and her in prison

Edited by vilas

Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked EU's Ashton phone tape - RT

The snipers who shot at protesters and police in Kiev were allegedly hired by Maidan leaders, according to a leaked phone conversation between the EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton and Estonian foreign affairs minister, which has emerged online.

“There is now stronger and stronger understanding that behind the snipers, it was not Yanukovich, but it was somebody from the new coalition,†Paet said during the conversation.

RT creeping through ashes to kiss Putin's feet after their unwelcome outburst of truth.

Please someone tell me that they are not Putin's Nochniye Volki, it would be too surrealistically epic. :cool:

:yay:

17:03: Some 40 assailants "dressed like bikers" seized Col Gen Mikhail Koval at about 16:00 local time near the gates of the Coast Guard naval base. They pushed away the officers surrounding the general and shoved him into a jeep, the border guard's press service said. They believe Col Gen Koval was taken to Sevastopol, and was trying to negotiate with the kidnappers, the BBC understands.

Please someone tell me that they are not Putin's Nochniye Volki, it would be surrealistically epic. :cool:

:yay:

Putin's regime is like the mafia, nothing suprising here. They obey the Godfather.

Putin's regime is like the mafia, nothing suprising here. They obey the Godfather.

I mentioned them some pages ago. Biker gang that has serious political connection - simply mafia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10670244/Meet-the-Night-Wolves-Putins-Hells-Angels.html

In Crimean Conflict wiki page they are listed as a side.

17:03: Some 40 assailants "dressed like bikers" seized Col Gen Mikhail Koval at about 16:00 local time near the gates of the Coast Guard naval base. They pushed away the officers surrounding the general and shoved him into a jeep, the border guard's press service said. They believe Col Gen Koval was taken to Sevastopol, and was trying to negotiate with the kidnappers, the BBC understands.

.... wait WHAT !? O.o

this is allmost comedic if it wasn't true.

Also please investigate this

PMC in CRIMEA?

I was reading Polska Zbrojna which is a opinion center/ analysis for military topics. Editor, a former GROM operator mentions about security company that is used to protect Russian oil and gas installations. Members recruit from the army and police. This company has strong govt connections.

Here's a translated version of entry

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpolska-zbrojna.pl%2Fhome%2Farticleshow%2F11695%3Ft%3DPrywatna-armia-na-Krymie

Just google

Vnevedomstvenaya Okhrana

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/28/exclusive-russian-blackwater-takes-over-ukraine-airport.html

That would be very clever move by Kremlin - not to send russian Army but PMC's equipped by army without nation colors. This is why Kremlin says - "they are not our army!"

Edited by Sudayev

I mentioned them some pages ago. Biker gang that has serious political connection - simply mafia.

In Crimean Conflict wiki page they are listed as a side.

As a biker myself, I can say that almost all the biker gangs that I've known have participated in illegal activities, although obviously not to the level of being some kind of corps guard of the leader of the biggest country in the world and are blessed by the leader of the main church of their country.

Well, Hitler made Hugo Boss dress his band of thugs, SS, too look cool and Putin go one step forward and use a badass biker's gang to "peace-keep" Crimea. If it wasn't cuz it's real, as a Tarantino's movie plot would be outstanding.

German media are waiting for the third world war. They really starve for it. They showed me helicopters going up and fly away... The story was, they were fleeing from the Russians. Every Russian grandma, who insults an ukranian, is a story here. I hate the mass media. All too selective. Too simple.

Glorious revolutioneers already fighting German titushki:D I supposed it's just rumors but seems to be true. Let's wait for another "nebesnaya sotnya"...

German media is probably the worst in Europe, but don't worry, they are quite pro-Russian when they fear that their economy might suffer if Russians are being sanctioned etc.

I just watched all of their conversations on youtube.. not just about snipers part but whole. I simply take my hat off for Estonian Foreign Minister Urmas Paet for his honesty and cleanliness as a politician.

I want people like him tobe president of Ukraine, Russia and US