Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

Hahaa

Thanks for that , I will always come back here when I need a laugh

god forbid my fact based post should muddy your well thought out and well dictated opinion good sir .

@Sealife, Kerc Kasha,

Ok gents, please take your argument to pm, don't derail this thread.

From what I saw of the video, all this is is a modernized RTE, which only the ArmA 1 players here would really recognize, as it sort've died off. I wonder if it just went to BI.

From what I saw of the video, all this is is a modernized RTE, which only the ArmA 1 players here would really recognize, as it sort've died off. I wonder if it just went to BI.

Yeah but can't necessarily say it's a bad thing, and maybe if some interest is shown it might end up being the full RTE that people want from VBS.

I don't think people are appreciating the performance improvements that this will bring especially in relation to AI. That tank that gets stuck on a small wall or soldier who gets stuck in a pathfinding loop, 1 bolt of lightning and they are no more and not using up resources on the server.

Seriously though, in MP, it can be used to reduce the number of units/objects on the map at the start and avoid the need for some scripts. Every little helps while waiting for more optimisation to occur. I am pleasantly surprised, as MCC has become an essential mod for many and you always wonder why essential mods aren't included in the vanilla game. The question is, will this be as good as MCC? As part of the main game I would expect it to be better, but MCC has got really good recently, and I can see some wishing to continue with it.

I dunno, mixed feelings about this, but it looks like it could be fun.

I don't think I like the idea of a tank or troops just appearing out of thin air in front of me, but I guess that's up to the GM...

Does make me wonder, though, how many people are going to want to play as GM the whole mission and not actually fight as a soldier. I might give it a try a few times, but I can't see wanting to do it very often.

I don't think I like the idea of a tank or troops just appearing out of thin air in front of me, but I guess that's up to the GM...

Does make me wonder, though, how many people are going to want to play as GM the whole mission and not actually fight as a soldier. I might give it a try a few times, but I can't see wanting to do it very often.

Some people enjoy it, I mean D&D and roleplaying in general was been built around that idea for years and it's still popular. Naturally it's always harder to find a DM then it is to find a player

Yeah but can't necessarily say it's a bad thing, and maybe if some interest is shown it might end up being the full RTE that people want from VBS.

No, I mean literally it looks exactly like the community mod "RTE". I wasn't using "Real time editor" generically. It looks like they took the old RTE project and made it look pretty for A3.

BI's take on MCC sandbox?

Interesting nonetheless, I especially find the lightning both useful and amusing. :D

So this will recognise all our custom mods & add-ons right? It would suck if we could only spawn Vanilla units.

Does make me wonder, though, how many people are going to want to play as GM the whole mission and not actually fight as a soldier.

I think some mission maker might want to be game master. I mean, some people here on this forum usualy spent all of there time in teh editor and barely even play teh actual game. I think they might love to be game master.

For all of you who hate the lightnings: Please go look at the video again. It is clearly only used to delete an unwanted units made by the game master. It is not used to kill ennemy units.

god forbid my fact based post should muddy your well thought out and well dictated opinion good sir .

Imitation the best compliment , I guess it's ironic that your knowledge on the cost of creating entities on the fly is mirrored by your inability to come up with a fact of your own .

The failure here is nothing to do with scripts but the creation of multitudes of entities it simply will not work and it's poor form to add further lag and desync to an already poorly optimised arena .

@dale stop trying to prematurely play forums master and either join in the debate or go play the game . Telling people to stop debating on a forums because you don't like it is just dictatorial and silly ,

I think it's much the same as a GM in a D&D or Dark Eye game. If they do this correctly, there'll be enough things to do for him to keep him entertained along with his players. Fully depends on what kind of abilities he's given, along with what kind of sensible restraints.

I'm really curious to see it in action, especially how it affects the performance side of things. Especially if it's integrated to the engine instead of being script based. Wonder if the functionality comes close to MCC/VTS.

Fully depends on what kind of abilities he's given, along with what kind of sensible restraints.
So far we've seen (in the first segment of "GM play" with the Hunter and blue chemlight) a regenerating resource bar (at seemingly per-second intervals) that depletes by a certain amount per/based on the specific placed unit/vehicle/object.

> what the fuck? instead fixing the MP where many players have to struggle with FPS problems...

> ...spend some time on removing copy pasted stuff so we can finally play with more than one reskinned army...

Different developers, different tasks...

Zeus did not take any resources from what you have mentioned.

500% better hardware optimisation, 1000% better netcode optimisation, *new* sound engine, more content to play, PIP scopes, 3d editor, dynamic destruction of environment, and so on... CONFIRMED :yay:

but seriously im looking forward to check if you guys at BiS didn't really been messing around wasting your time or did you really put on effort to make this series better helping it with realism and authenticity (a little trolling never hurts :icon_twisted:)

Anyway looking forward to see if it brings some useful mechanics to the engine (hopefully)!

I bet the whole Zeus thing happend after Development like this:

Dev1: Dude, playing as Mission Admin feels like beeing god!

Dev2: yeah :don1:

Dev1: Dude, we are on Altis!

Dev1: Dude, isn't Zeus the biggest and greatest god in Greek mythology?

Dev1: Dude, let's add some controllable lightnings!

Dev2: Cool :don1:

Let the devs have fun and don't take everything so sereous...

In the end it is a feature that was taken from VBS2 to controll Missions in real time, the rest is just devs having fun.

I don't like it. What next ? Tornados ? Earthquakes ? There is so much work with this title on the MP side and we got some super duper lightning... Sad...

I don't like it. What next ? Tornados ? Earthquakes ? There is so much work with this title on the MP side and we got some super duper lightning... Sad...

But.. It's awesome ! You should be happy for every content they add for free :)

And you know this will be really funny in Multiplayer.

EDIT: And I hope they will use this design to remake it into normal 3D editor..I'm able to pay for that DLC if it has 3d editor in it

Edited by danny96

Imitation the best compliment , I guess it's ironic that your knowledge on the cost of creating entities on the fly is mirrored by your inability to come up with a fact of your own .

The failure here is nothing to do with scripts but the creation of multitudes of entities it simply will not work and it's poor form to add further lag and desync to an already poorly optimised arena .

@dale stop trying to prematurely play forums master and either join in the debate or go play the game . Telling people to stop debating on a forums because you don't like it is just dictatorial and silly ,

I was just throwing your inane bullshit back at you. If you want to be civil about it, it's not a one way street.

Can you actually tell me how this would cause more lag and desync than any other script based spawning system (such as ALIVE) or even editor placed units? Do you even have a single piece of proof to back it up?

That ticket is about map placed objects which is a whole other ballpark than editor placed or script spawned units.

If anything this should help performance as instead of having a ton of units spawning hundreds of KM away where they're wasting resources on both draw cycles and the AI computation cycles the DM can spawn stuff on the fly where and when the player is likely to encounter them, this means less objects overall.

So basically it's a laughable attempt at VBS real time editor except without the ability to edit and save scenarios being a separate scenario itself?

BIS how about you will actually improve the damn game for once? I don't know - spend some time on removing copy pasted stuff so we can finally play with more than one reskinned army?

Or add a proper promised 3D editor?

Nobody will play this DLC.

I am sorry to say that but you are such a dick, metalcraze. I had to let it out finally.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Haha, this is spot on. Really sums what is happening in this thread.

Guys, could You, please, retain from personal attacks and continue with some polite discussion? Consider this as a warning :icon_twisted: