toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

I downloaded your weapons a few months back and joined a common mod-allowing server. When I used their VAS box I happened to notice World War Two Magazines and Ammo types. Now my question is will you be creating World War Two weapons as well as more weapon content?

Commando

I am reposting this since I dont know if it was seen by toadie.

Yeah, I saw it, I'll look into it some more.

I downloaded your weapons a few months back and joined a common mod-allowing server. When I used their VAS box I happened to notice World War Two Magazines and Ammo types. Now my question is will you be creating World War Two weapons as well as more weapon content?

Commando

http://i.imgur.com/UWdgyBj.png (127 kB)

I hope that answers your question :)

Very nice Bren receiver and barrel assembly Toadie. Hope your Commonwealth weapons pack is not too far away?

Toadie some stuff to report.

Apoligies if im doing something wrong here i havnt kept up to scratch with this thread,litterally downloaded the AKs and got to work.

Anyway,the 4 scopes available to attatch onto the AK weapons have no zeroing available for me.Its stuck around 300 or 400m.

This is a huge problem as the AI whilst using these weapons,will not be able to engage targets they see who are anything over 5oom away.(i didnt know arma worked this way and AI couldnt account for bullet drop)

Also on the same note,once the AI get withing firing range,whilst using your AKs(other weapons not tested) the absolutley obliterate any enemy in mere seconds,completely ignoring low aim sim skill values it would seem.

Is this an issue on my end?

Something thats Known about already?

Or something else im missing.

I really wanna outfit AI with these weapons,but they are defensless at range,and terminators up close.

I have Joint rails mod installed,so i dont know what to do next.

Cheers

Redarmy

Toadie2K, gotta another issue with your AKs after using the RHS patch: except for the AK74 (the rusty one), SAIGA and Ak12 which uses western accessories, all other AKs now only accept RHS accessories, totally ignoring yours (the kobra sight, 1P29, Goshwak, etc doesn attach in any weapon, except HLC Ak74 and SAIGA ) so you may see what you did RIGHT on the AK74/SAIGA config and copy it to the rest of your pack =)

Or Ask Robalo what could be wrong, but it seems that the AK74/SAIGA config is right and the rest have some typo or other coding issue limiting them to RHS accessories only!

Anxious to see your future pistol pack (by the mags i´ve seen on VAS - mk23/HK45 and DE)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hi Toadie, first off great guns and great animations for those weapons, you've really set the bar high :) I have a request that i would like for you to consider.

With the M 14 weapons pack you released is there any chance of adding the predecessor of the M-14 into the weapon pack, the M-1 Garand. Also, i got this idea when i was searching for your guns with the 'Virtual arsenal', could you also consider adding M1903 Springfield. They are a couple of my favorite weapons of the WW2 era and considering the visual differences between the original M-14 and the M-1 and almost negligible so in THEORY that should cut out alot of the work designing the gun. I'm not even going to guess the how difficult it'll be in practice, especially with the animations. I feel you and the team could give the gun the dignity and justice it deserves since it's a very icon weapon in the US and, to varying levels, around the world.

Toadie if the link you posted above is part of a WW2 pack and the Garand is included then feel free to completely ignore this Post but i like being able to not only use the guns in the Packs but also the gun/guns that made it possible. That's why i like RH's M4/M16 pack, and arguably your M60E4 Pack) because he added the AR10 which is what the AR-15s were based and designed upon.

I apologize for the long post and if this is already being worked or it's too difficult to consider, temporary or permanently, then nevermind and hopefully other people agree with me. Also can't wait to see what else you guys are working on and i hope that you run into minimum amount of issues while doing it.

Hi Toadie, first off great guns and great animations for those weapons, you've really set the bar high :) I have a request that i would like for you to consider.

With the M 14 weapons pack you released is there any chance of adding the predecessor of the M-14 into the weapon pack, the M-1 Garand. Also, i got this idea when i was searching for your guns with the 'Virtual arsenal', could you also consider adding M1903 Springfield. They are a couple of my favorite weapons of the WW2 era and considering the visual differences between the original M-14 and the M-1 and almost negligible so in THEORY that should cut out alot of the work designing the gun. I'm not even going to guess the how difficult it'll be in practice, especially with the animations. I feel you and the team could give the gun the dignity and justice it deserves since it's a very icon weapon in the US and, to varying levels, around the world.

Toadie if the link you posted above is part of a WW2 pack and the Garand is included then feel free to completely ignore this Post but i like being able to not only use the guns in the Packs but also the gun/guns that made it possible. That's why i like RH's M4/M16 pack, and arguably your M60E4 Pack) because he added the AR10 which is what the AR-15s were based and designed upon.

I apologize for the long post and if this is already being worked or it's too difficult to consider, temporary or permanently, then nevermind and hopefully other people agree with me. Also can't wait to see what else you guys are working on and i hope that you run into minimum amount of issues while doing it.

cough------ em iron front for A3........

Toadie just wanna ask are there any plan to add a AKM Tactical to your AK pack?Really like a AKM with rail on it.

Thanks for the RHS patch. However, I have a protip that I discovered while creating custom animations for weapons I don't have access to. With the tool Eliteness you can view the model config of weapons that are binarized, in there you can get the timings of the magazine movement and whatnot. As a result, you can time the animations you are making to what the original developer already created without having the original source files and or debinarizing them.

For example, I'm working on an animation pack for some things from BWA3. While I cannot debinarize them nor do I have the source files, I am able to see via eliteness that during the reload animation the magazine is set to move from down from 18.5/100 to 26/100 and then back up from 58.6/100 to 73/100. I don't know what program you are using personally to create your animations but the blender animation suite shows what your current frame's number is in Arma time and I am able to manipulate the dopesheet accordingly.

Don't know if you had picked up on that or not.

Cheers.

I'm lost. I've lost all the suppressors for your rifles. (honey badger and a few others that I know of). I can't figure out the problem. Is it possible that the ASDG JR update has broken them? Its been working perfect.

If nobody knows off the top of their head, I'm just going to start deleting addons and re-installing.

Thank you in advance,

Fire

Edit: That was it. Reverted ASDG back to v0.9 and all works again. I really need to stop updating addons right when they get released.

Edited by FireWalker
revert

[/color]

I'm lost. I've lost all the suppressors for your rifles. (honey badger and a few others that I know of). I can't figure out the problem. Is it possible that the ASDG JR update has broken them? Its been working perfect.

If nobody knows off the top of their head, I'm just going to start deleting addons and re-installing.

Thank you in advance,

Fire

Edit: That was it. Reverted ASDG back to v0.9 and all works again. I really need to stop updating addons right when they get released.

ASDG JM (Joint Muzzle) does that cus it adds universal supressors/muzzle breaks... have you installed the updated RH Mk18 ASDG config? The JM comes bundled with it so you may have activated it altogether =P

1.0 works flawlessly, but if you have JM it f### custom supressors =/

;2827209'][/color]

ASDG JM (Joint Muzzle) does that cus it adds universal supressors/muzzle breaks... have you installed the updated RH Mk18 ASDG config? The JM comes bundled with it so you may have activated it altogether =P

1.0 works flawlessly' date=' but if you have JM it f### custom supressors =/[/quote']

Ok, good to know. I'll try it again. When I updated yesterday, I kept the old optional configs from ASDG, and just added the new ASDG JR .pbo to the old addon folder.

Tomorrow, I'll re-read all this info, and try to get it properly working, especially now that you say it should work correctly.

Thank you, and apologies if I've hijacked the thread, but I felt this was the place to check.

Fire

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag307/FrontJinouga/arma3_2014_10_26_00_19_21_088_zpsca481791.jpg

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag307/FrontJinouga/arma3_2014_10_26_00_19_26_216_zps8bca5474.jpg

Toadie,may I ask any plan forAKM Tactical?Here's some screenshots of the AKM Tactical in FricJ's pack.I wanna see one with your special animations.

And I just noticed even after I loaded RHS patch with HLC AK pack,HLC AKM still can't use the magazines from RHS mod.Is this a bug?

Weow, I found something just now. When using the FAL's SUIT and NV scopes with TMR you get the TMR ARCO 2D reticle overlapping the optic's. I was hoping you could fix this as I'm rather fond of TMR.

Hey Toadie, I know this is highly opinionated and thus it's likely to get a big fat no, but I personally can't stand the shooting sounds for most of the FALs. It sounds so weird to me and I have trouble getting over it, I don't suppose you have any plans of changing it?

And I just noticed even after I loaded RHS patch with HLC AK pack,HLC AKM still can't use the magazines from RHS mod.Is this a bug?

I'm pretty sure the AKs in RHS are AK74Ms, which fire 5.45 caliber whereas the AKM you're trying to load those magazines into is 7.62x39 caliber. That would make it not a bug.

Hey Toadie, I know this is highly opinionated and thus it's likely to get a big fat no, but I personally can't stand the shooting sounds for most of the FALs. It sounds so weird to me and I have trouble getting over it, I don't suppose you have any plans of changing it?

I think the same. Imo the shooting sound that you are mentioning sound very plasticish, and reminds me of the sounds from the first counter strike. I really hope that it will be changed, as once again imho it' s way below the quality of the pack.

;2827209'][/color]

1.0 works flawlessly' date=' but if you have JM it f### custom supressors =/[/quote']

Funny, I don't have joint muzzles and I'm still getting this.

Went back to 0.9 of ASDG, and everything went back to normal.

There´s absolutely no ASDG JM.pbo or u100_config.pbo (EricJ´s weapon pack, if you´re not using u100_nonasdgjm_config.pbo, activates ASDG JointMuzzle as default =P)???

Maybe there´s another mod... oh yeah, SOCMOD has ASDG JM if you use the config Robalo added...

Or else this is kinda odd, cus I don´t use JM, I´m using -and loving - ASDG JR 1.0 and see for yourself...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/534004035348799879/1E2388CA8E4ED44C00FFC576D3196E84039910D1/ (242 kB)

Are you using VAS or Virtual Arsenal to get te accessories or spawning ammoboxes???

Cheers

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

I'm in the same boat with v0.10 (no suppressors show in the arsenal for the AR pack) except that like a dummy I didn't keep a backup of v0.9.

Confirmed issue with JR 0.10 and missing muzzle devices in BIS Arsenal. I will look into it. Nobody reported it yet in the JR thread, had to find about it here :/