ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

I'm actually having some issues with the classnames...

I can't seem to spawn anything using the classnames. For instance, in the editor I get 4 different middle eastern guys to spawn, but there's 16 classnames. Did I screw something up installing it ?

Also trying to use them with COS - none of them spawn using the classnames in a script. Something odd going on, help ? :)

Just to add to this: I have RHS installed and have installed the RHS/AF compatibility mod too.

Just the classnames don't seem to work ?

Edited by thefinn

Anyone having trouble getting the middle-east aggressors to work right with ALiVE? it seems like they spawn some CSAT along with the aggressors, it's really annoying. Also, does ALiVE spawn technicals with it?

CSAT will spawn if you have the wrong class-names being called in one of the ALiVE modules. CHECK them all very carefully that you haven't left OpFOR in one of them or miss-spelt (SP?!) one of the CAF_AG classnames you're trying to call.

SJ

Anyone having trouble getting the middle-east aggressors to work right with ALiVE? it seems like they spawn some CSAT along with the aggressors, it's really annoying. Also, does ALiVE spawn technicals with it?

I used to have a similar problem, where some aggressors would spawn with the bug helmets from csat, weird things like that, which was quite hilarious btw.

It was because i had set the faction to "dominant" in one of the modules. So i suggest staying away from dominant and only using the "static" faction parameter, and typing in the faction classname.

And yes, ALIVE does spawn technicals, i believe that they' re under the motorized groups.

Is the current Armaholic download the full addon? I'm unable to load a previous mission using a newly downloaded version of the addon, and I remember having issues with CAF basically not functioning AT ALL with most units it was supposed to spawn in (nothing appeared, they showed up, inconsistently and glitched in the editor but then in game they rarely were placed).

Loved this addon when it worked, but it hasn't done that in a while. And the forum suggests there are multiple files that need to be downloaded and combined, but those links are down and the armaholic page I found makes no mention of them.

can this mod please be updated with the audio fix and zeus fix included?

FYI Zeus "missions" must be configured within the mission itself to use addon units - they must be given costs and values by the mission maker in a spread sheet. There is no zeus fix that can be applied within the addon itself. It is zeus that does not function fully, not the addon.

FYI Zeus "missions" must be configured within the mission itself to use addon units - they must be given costs and values by the mission maker in a spread sheet. There is no zeus fix that can be applied within the addon itself. It is zeus that does not function fully, not the addon.

????

A simple addon is enough to enable Aggressors in Zeus. You just need to add the unit class definition. Missions have nothing to do with that. If you scroll back few pages, you'll find a download link for the fix.

From bi wiki : Curator system relies on correct configuration of object. When you unlock an addon, it will in turn enable all objects defined in units array of CfgPatches. If the addon author didn't do this, his objects won't be available.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator

Zeus need both mission and addon properly configured .

From bi wiki : Curator system relies on correct configuration of object. When you unlock an addon, it will in turn enable all objects defined in units array of CfgPatches. If the addon author didn't do this, his objects won't be available.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator

Zeus need both mission and addon properly configured .

I assumed the author of this addon had configured the CfgPatches properly, as it hasnt changed since 2001.

Sadly not - we need that tweaking and then the muzzle sounds config fix. And finally Bisigns to go along with those official fixes so we can run these excellent units again.

SJ

I assumed the author of this addon had configured the CfgPatches properly, as it hasnt changed since 2001.

Originally the Aggressors Mod was quickly put together for the mod creator's own group of players but decided to share it with the community. It was understood at the time that it was hastily put together but had intended to polish the mod with more updates. I believe it was unexpected at how popular the mod would become. After some significant changes to the core game the mod maker became disenchanted but work continues and an upgrade is pending.

I know it can be frustrating at times when things don't work but the mod worked very well before some of the BI upgrades. I have had many hours of enjoyment engaging the aggressors and for me there is nothing else to replace them yet. This is a free mod I'm just happy it was shared with the community. How many mods are out there that weren't shared simply because people know that once they put it up on Armaholic players will complain? I'm not saying that anyone has been complaining lately but sometimes people act like a free mod was bought and paid for and something is owed them.

Edited by Dr@gon

Brilliant news Dr@gon... you're right it is popular ! :-) forms a core part of our Mission build.

Until an official fix is released, I believe you guys should know that using JSRS does fix the sound issue - as I always use it, I actually never noticed there was such an issue still! ^^

This mod is simply great !! The only thing I hope they will change are the weapons...perhaps they could adopt a mod with better weapons or just add some quality weapons usable also by players :D

Anyway I agree, thanks will be never enough for releasing such a popular mod !!!

... just add some quality weapons usable also by players

afaik you get that effect if you use the "HLC CAF Weapon replacement",it did work on my side not long ago.

to say some words about this mod: i thank the creator every time i build a mission,wouldn`t want to play ArmA 3 without it tbh

@Ohally:

Would love to download this but dropbox is returning 404 error. Your file isn't there. Can't download. Mind putting a link to a functional Armaholic page or something? Thanks.

I really enjoy this mod and I've used it a lot in the past.

However, I have a slight issue with the offroad vehicles for the Eastern European faction. What I want to do is have two different offroads, one armed and one standard, and I'd like both of them to look the same (have the same texture, basically). I have the armed offroad placed down, and it has a brown/tan camo texture on it, that I'd like to put on the standard offroad as well. The problem is, I can't find the name or path of this texture, even after going through the PBOs and looking through the different .paa files. I'm not sure if it's a texture in the mod itself or it's in standard ArmA 3 - I just can't find it anywhere.

This is what the armored one looks like: http://i.imgur.com/UPOSMUP.jpg

Does anyone know how I can apply that texture to the unarmed one? Thanks!

I really like this mod too, so an update that doesn't require us to patch with HLC AKs etc would be welcome!

I added a poll please vote.

Aggressors is being re-written, currently I've removed the weapons and added @cup dependency for them as well as @rds and @rds_tank for static weapons and armour. These mods are done very well and save me hours of trouble. Not to say I won't add some vehicles to the pack in the future.

oh and before you ask, new release planned before xmas. with 1 additional faction and 4 new armies

So making this mod dependent now will break all my missions and everyone else's if they decide to update.

Personally, I would prefer independent.

I would prefer independent too. If extra mods are required, then its another mod that will need to be acquired for the base mod to work.

Just a quick calculation, and we will need to add 3 extra mods totalling 1 gig, not to mention the fact that you will now be reliant on three mod teams keeping their content up to date.

I would even take your characters without any weapons and use LEA profiles to kit them out.

The beauty of Aggressors is, besides its quality, the fact that it's a standalone mod.

RDS is already a dead mod, as far as I understand, since the author is part of the RHS team now.

If you want to use external materials for Aggressors, you should use the most generic mods, namely AiASA (13GB and no PWS support...) and CUP.

Xmas 2014 will be great: Aggressors, JSRS and Blastcore updates !

Thx again for this great mod Ohally !