diesel5187

MOD: NATO Hellcats

NATO HELLCATS

With the help of sykoCrazy for editing the textures and a short config on my part, we were able to bring the Independent Hellcats to the NATO forces.

As I am sure some pilots know, the Independent Wildcat is a very useful and versatile helicopter, in CAS or transport version it can hold 6 passengers. As most units play as NATO forces, I am sure many of them have wanted to get their hands on a BluFor version of this helicopter.

Version 1.5:

-Removed DAGR Missiles since they cannot lock on, reverted back to DAR.

-Decreased Flare count to the vanilla 168.

Version 1.4:

-Fixed shooting from cargo.

-Modified Inventory:

-Titan MPRL Launcher - 1

-Titan MPRL Compact - 1

-PCML - 1

-Titan AA Missile - 3

-Titan AT Missile - 3

-PCML Missile - 3

-Laser Designator - 2

-Laser Batteries - 4

-FAK - 10

-Toolkit - 1

-GPS - 2

Version 1.3:

-Fixed a script error on the transport version of the Hellcats which would affect a server from loading a mission if the unit was placed and did not load flares.

-Halved the size of the config file.

Version 1.2:

-Changed DAR unguided dumb rockets for DAGR guided Air to Ground missiles.

-Changed rounds from yellow tracers to red tracers to fit in with NATO forces.

-Increased Flare count from 168 to 240.

-Mod still calls on latest BIS Hellcat asset so it should be foward compatible with any updates.

Version 1.1:

-Added new texture by RedPhoenix, "AW159 BlackCats".

-Version 1.0 is fully compatible with the ARMA 3 update on 1/21/2014 and this mod should have no issues with any future updates as it always calls on the latest BIS Hellcat asset.

Version 1.0:

-Signed with bisign and key.

-Re-classed helicopter for NATO forces with correct crew.

-Changed name to real world counterpart AW159.

-8 versions of the helicopter under:

NATO>Air>

AW159 Armed Black

AW159 Armed Green

AW159 Armed Grey

AW159 Armed Camo

AW159 Armed BlackCats

AW159 Transport Black

AW159 Transport Green

AW159 Transport Grey

AW159 Transport Camo

AW159 Transport BlackCats

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/cBB63#0

Download:

Version 1.4:

BiKey

dropbox-logo.png

news_download_a3_3.png

steamworkshop.png

Credits:

-Many thanks to sykoCrazy for his great re-textures.

-Diesel5187 for the script.

-RedPhoenix for the BlackCats texture.

-BadHabitz for teaching Diesel5187 basic scripting. THANK YOU!

-surpher for giving me a fix for an animationsources.scope error on V1.2.

-BIS for giving us a sandbox game and letting us do some great mods with their engine.

-------------------------------------------------------------

To all those following this thread, I am considering a "NATO Hellcat Alternate Camo Pack", it would be composed of textures created by the community.

Requirements:

1. Texture must be of high quality.

2. Texture cannot be similar to the one release in the original mod.

3. Texture must be relevant to a real military or PMC unit.

4. Artist MUST be credited.

You may download the stock BIS texture file and start from there and sykoCrazy will be putting a template up in a day or two.. Can't wait to see what the community creates! :thumb:

Hellcat Texture Template:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171316-Hellcat-PSD-Template

Dropbox

Edited by Diesel5187

Looks good. I think a tan one similar to the style of the Hunter or the Marshall(LAV) would be cool.

I fudged up on and did not use the correct bikey, download link has been updated. :p

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
this is the above updated version!

Looks good. I think a tan one similar to the style of the Hunter or the Marshall(LAV) would be cool.

For now it is not in plans, but I'll consider it if there is a demand for it.

You might also submit it to Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com

And to the Six networks: https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/...n_requests_pt2

Thanks for the guidance, but they really didn't even give me the time to create an account on Armaholic, regardless, I am very happy!

Nice job! Royal Navy and British Army Air Corps versions would be cool!

AgustaWestland_AW-159_Lynx_Wildcat_AH1_-_Chris_Lofting.jpg

1-future-lynx.jpg

They're actually Wildcats not Hellcats but they look almost identical.

Very nice textures, thanks m8!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/AgustaWestland_AW-159_Lynx_Wildcat_AH1_-_Chris_Lofting.jpg

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/future-lynx/images/1-future-lynx.jpg

At first glance, I thought those pictures were from in-game, then I figured they the top ones real and the bottom maybe from a promoting simulation? Anyways those two versions would make a great addition to the collection.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/AgustaWestland_AW-159_Lynx_Wildcat_AH1_-_Chris_Lofting.jpg

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/future-lynx/images/1-future-lynx.jpg

Both the green and camo version of the helicopter are already in the mod, the green is vanilla and the camo was created.

I am aware they are Wildcats, that's why I named them AW159. :cool:

Great camos I love themï¼

And will you also make one armed with a HE cannon and rocket pod on different side of it just like the one in Arma2?

The camo is my favorite, it reminds me of the USMC Huey in paint scheme even though its british

Great camos I love themï¼

And will you also make one armed with a HE cannon and rocket pod on different side of it just like the one in Arma2?

Probably not, but it would be deadly, no doubt about that!

To everyone:

Thank you for the positive feedback, I am very happy to see that many of you are happy with and downloading this mod. :thumb:

Very nice to be able to use these in NATO and In so much variety. Love the camo one! Good job!

Probably not, but it would be deadly, no doubt about that!

To everyone:

Thank you for the positive feedback, I am very happy to see that many of you are happy with and downloading this mod. :thumb:

i can understand why, it would require modifications to the model which in return would require lots of BI permissions

i can understand why, it would require modifications to the model which in return would require lots of BI permissions

The problem is the 3d modelling and graphics work. I do believe BIS released most, if not all old Arma assest for the community to mod and update. The config would be something new to me, but I con more than likely handle it.

To all those following this thread, I am considering a "NATO Hellcat Alternate Camo Pack", it would be composed of textures created by the community.

Requirements:

You may download the stock BIS texture file and start from there and sykoCrazy will be putting a template up in a day or two. Can't wait to see what the community creates! :thumb:

Dropbox

Edited by Diesel5187

Requirements:

Thats a good idea! I myself am very interested to contribute something of my own design. Would you have some sort of template for artists to work on?

Thats a good idea! I myself am very interested to contribute something of my own design. Would you have some sort of template for artists to work on?

You can download the stock BIS texture file and start from there and sykoCrazy will be putting a template up in a day or two. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :thumb:

Dropbox

Edited by Diesel5187

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I will put out a template in the next day or two :)

Thanks again!

Im making a 2035 NATO designed based similar to that of the US4CES or even if possible the FUTARM pattern to represent US Fictional Navy unit to fill in for the gap left by the Huey

EDIT: i have 2 textures in the PaintDotNet file format, do you want me to change it to PSD.

i have: USMC Pixelated WOodland style camo

US Navy Grey US4CES style unit

Im Screening them tomarrow with another camo possibly to add in, all pictures taken using retex scripts

---------- Post added at 05:55 ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 ----------

got too tired of waiting, heres the USMC and NAVY ones

USMC Woodland Hellcat

FAD446D249FD3337E15640EC56B0C85E759DBA61

US Navy

26DFFD4B6AB36ADAF01A5BF16233715C478F6123

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

well done man this is awesome

if to my textures for the alt pack, thank you, for the mod originally, i agree with you, this is a very well done mod, although im now considering making a standalone pack of vehicle retextures by me (i have a 3rd texture for the NATOJO MilSim unit whom codenames Hellcats Hornets)

if to my textures for the alt pack, thank you, for the mod originally, i agree with you, this is a very well done mod, although im now considering making a standalone pack of vehicle retextures by me (i have a 3rd texture for the NATOJO MilSim unit whom codenames Hellcats Hornets)

Because they're like hornets, one sting and many spots appear, hence the 6-8man capacity.

Big news everyone! We've found a couple of bugs!

These bugs do not affect the armed version of the helicopter.

When flying the transport chopper in first person you see the armed version's shadow(1st screenshot) and no matter what texture you have applied to it, it calls for the green one(2nd screenshot). We believe this is an issue in the model, so we don't know if we're gonna be able to fix it since we can't edit binarized .p3d files.

http://i.imgur.com/BhXgvVp.jpg (714 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/thBCwal.jpg (305 kB)

If anyone has a solution for this please feel free to share it with the world!