cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

No it only happens with small bunkers with static weapons in bunker. They do man the static weapons in the patrol houses. Another question I have is are the AI suppose to take empty vehicles set to default? which ones? I have tried with reinforcements and they seem to just run to areas not taking the vehicles I place for them. I have noticed the AI only man the static when set to default, not even unlocked, may be that has something to it. However all vehicles I place are set to default.

Has anyone gotten the template spawn parameter to work? In the manual it says to "nul = [1,"Spawnmarker1",4,["yourmarkername", "STEALTH","FORTIFY"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF", however this gives an error since there is no Mon_Spawn.sqf in the upsmon folder. I changed the lines to Scripts\Upsmon\Modules\upsmon_spawn.sqf. Although I get no error with this line, the spawn action does not occur.

@JAndrews1

it seems AI have some problem to move to the Static in the bunker. The AI will normally take vehicle that are 200m close to them and if the Waypoint is far enough (1000 m).

@Chondo999

Can you send me a link to your mission ?

Azroul is there a command I can add to the AI units to make them take vehicles? I usually have the vehicles approx. 10 m away or less. I have vehicles set to default and same side. What I have seen is they just leave the area and run to where they are called to. Ideas?

Azroul is there a command I can add to the AI units to make them take vehicles? I usually have the vehicles approx. 10 m away or less. I have vehicles set to default and same side. What I have seen is they just leave the area and run to where they are called to. Ideas?

Same side? So there's a non upsmon crew in the vehicle? I'm afraid they won't use it then, just place an empty vehicle and you're set.

They have to be a certain distance to their destination marker until they will use empty vehicles to get there. Are you sure the distance is far enough?

Default distance is 600m, if they're closer than that they won't use any vehicles.

Has anyone managed to get a custom init working correctly?

5 // init:string = Custom init string for created clones.

I'm currently trying the below as a test but it doesn't work; I have tried other arrangements of the command but the one below seems the most logical to me.

nul=[this,"area0","init:","removeallweapons this", "respawn:",2] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

Is my syntax correct? is the feature currently broken?

@Talyn

Can you try with capital letters like this "INIT:" ?

I've just tried that and sadly it made no difference.

_group addVehicle _vehicle :)

I ve got the similar problem as Talyn's got.

I use this command to create randomly 2 to 3 similar groups

nul=[this,"eni_z1","nowp","random","min:",2,"max:",3] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";
with ammo parameter change

or

nul=[this,"eni_z1","nowp","random","min:",2,"max:",3,"int:","this setAmmoCargo 0.2,"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

With the first one ammo of the first group is decreased as i want. But Any other group spawn with full ammo.

With the second, i got an error on "this"...

I ve read that there s a "CUSTOM" parameter, i ve tried it with no success. Did I missed something?

@Talyn and heroS Z

It seems that the "init:" parameter is broken since the ArmaIII port. I'm currently working on it.

For "CUSTOM" parameter it only works with Respawn unit for the moment.

Just a little Error:

in UPSMON_MAINLOOP.sqf

line 1148

[_attackPos,"ColorRed"] call fnc_createMarker;

Should be replaced by

If (UPSMON_DEBUG > 0) then {[_attackPos,"ColorRed"] call fnc_createMarker;};

Another little Error:

in UPSMON_RESPAWN.sqf

lines 28-40:

If (_reinforcement == "REINFORCEMENT") then 
	{
		switch (_side) do 
		{
			case West: {
				if (_npc in UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS) then  {UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS - [_npc];};
			};
			case EAST: {
				if (_npc in "UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS") then  {UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS - [_npc];};
			};
			case resistance: {
				if (_npc in "UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS") then  {UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS - [_npc];};		
			};

The " are wrong. Error: Type String, Expected Array.

Many thanks for the quick answer and your nice work. I love this script. I ll keep an eye on this thread for its advancement.

Hellow. I use UPSMON_6.0.7.1 . Units and groups are patroling area all work fine. But when one of patrols get contact with enemy other friendly patrols dont do anything and dont move to enemy contact, they just keep patroling area in safe mode. All patrols I used in one area marker "area0". In group's leader init I wrote "nul = [this,"area0","safe","noveh"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";". Thanks, sorry for my english.

hi guys. how does UPSMON work on spawned units with randomup and randomdn? do the units actually physically travel to the buildings or are they teleported?

@kord

All Random parameter teleport AI from their original position to their destination. If you want them to move to building you need to use fortify.

@Cool=Azroul13

thanks for the info - yes I use fortify a lot but I didn't know if the random parameter would work with spawned units. Also, I wonder what the effect is if I use a random parameter on a marker that contains no valid buildings - the missions I use UPSMON in are pretty dynamic and sometimes my markers are random locations, so that is why I am considering random instead of my current method (which consists of finding buildings and dropping fortify groups beside them - fortify handles the case of no buildings well)

Hey cool :)

Is it possible to Check the issue baton1990 Posted?

Units within same area or within radiosharedistance doesnt share enemies Position..

Even if u attack One group another One just 50 meters away stays in safemode and paztrols ...

Amy idea what might be wrong?

Im just try everything..... but groups dont share information about enemy with each other. They dont support each other :mad:

Error in expression < + 1;
_altura = _x;
_unitnear = _altura nearEntities ["CAManBase",0.5];
If (coun>
 Error position: <nearEntities ["CAManBase",0.5];
If (coun>
 Error nearentities: Type String, expected Array,Object
File C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Arma 3\missions\XXX.Altis\scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_FORTIFY.sqf, line 110

Hey im getting this error, how do i fix it?

Ok, I am using the latest UPSMON and have been enjoying it. One small thing that keeps plagueing me. It won't hide the markers for the zones unless I make them icon markers. In other words, If I use an ellipse or a rectangle, the marker stays on the map during play. No huge deal, I can define the area with an ellipse and then switch to an icon. It just would be nicer to have this control. Also, the script seems to be putting red dots on the map. Dunno why. Makes it hard to sneaky sneak an ambush if there are a bunch of red dots on the road.

any help is appreciated.

Das

Ok, I am using the latest UPSMON and have been enjoying it. One small thing that keeps plagueing me. It won't hide the markers for the zones unless I make them icon markers. In other words, If I use an ellipse or a rectangle, the marker stays on the map during play. No huge deal, I can define the area with an ellipse and then switch to an icon. It just would be nicer to have this control. Also, the script seems to be putting red dots on the map. Dunno why. Makes it hard to sneaky sneak an ambush if there are a bunch of red dots on the road.

any help is appreciated.

Das

Hi. Read this post:

Just a little Error:

in UPSMON_MAINLOOP.sqf

line 1148

[_attackPos,"ColorRed"] call fnc_createMarker;

Should be replaced by

If (UPSMON_DEBUG > 0) then {[_attackPos,"ColorRed"] call fnc_createMarker;};

Another little Error:

in UPSMON_RESPAWN.sqf

lines 28-40:

If (_reinforcement == "REINFORCEMENT") then 
	{
		switch (_side) do 
		{
			case West: {
				if (_npc in UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS) then  {UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS - [_npc];};
			};
			case EAST: {
				if (_npc in "UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS") then  {UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS - [_npc];};
			};
			case resistance: {
				if (_npc in "UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS") then  {UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS - [_npc];};		
			};

The " are wrong. Error: Type String, Expected Array.

the UPSMON_MAINLOOP line change is the fix for the red dots

also, you should use setMarkerAlpha to make your zone markers invisible like

_upsmon_mrk setMarkerAlpha 0;

Edited by k0rd
accidentally a word

....also, you should use setMarkerAlpha to make your zone markers invisible like

_upsmon_mrk setMarkerAlpha 0;

Or.....

Put this in your init.sqf

{_x SetMarkerAlpha 0} forEach ["area0","area1","area2","area3","area4","area5","area6","area7","area8"];

Where "area0", etc are the names of your markers.

Any chance of a demo mission showing multiple ways on how to set this up?

Thank you.