cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

You need to use this command:

{_x setvariable ["UPS_Deletegroup",true];} foreach units _grp1;

With this command the group will leave UPSMON loop and then each unit of the group will be deleted.

not quite sure where to use it ....

for "_x" from 1 to 5 do { 

_type = ["small"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; 
_grp_array = [_type] call fnc_random_grp_o_fia; 

_grp1  = [getMarkerPos _pos, _side, _grp_array] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;  

if (_no_nvg) then {{_x unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR"; _x removeItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";} foreach units _grp1;}; 
if (_no_helmet) then {{removeHeadgear _x;} foreach units _grp1;}; 

_grp1 setBehaviour "SAFE";  
nul=[leader _grp1,_pos,"random","spawned","nofollow"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; 
[color="#FF0000"]{_x setvariable ["UPS_Deletegroup",true];} foreach units _grp1;[/color] 
};

if i use it there they will be deleted just after beeing spawned...

of course i only want them to be deleted when killed...

so i used eventhandler

{_x addEventHandler ["killed", "_x setvariable [""UPS_Deletegroup"",true]"]} foreach units _grp1;

still Script error few seconds after they are killed

btw: "reinforcement:" also seems not to work anymore

Edited by sion

What you want is to remove the dead body ?

so just add in UPSMON parameter: "DELETE:",timeinsec

nul=[leader _grp1,_pos,"random","spawned","nofollow", "DELETE:",150] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

just found out something interesting...

patched nack to version 6.0.6.5.7 from 29th January

reinforcement: is working and no script error with dead upsmon units (no delete: and no eventhandler used just the same code like i posted u before with the mission link)

working now again :) thx a lot keep up the great work!

im really impressed how fast u fix those problems and always are helping :)

thx !!!!

@Cool=Azroul,

in the version you posted as a reply to sion, arrows show up inside buildings even though the debug mode is set to 0.

Cheers!

You're a machine, buddy.

Thanks for all the effort!

Btw, any chance you could use a different uploader where waiting and having a limit download amount isn't the case?

E.g:

http://www.zippyshare.com/

Edited by LAxemann

Cool, the latest versión, when debug disabled, shows on the begining of the mission a sideChat of a bunch of numbers, donno what they are...

Thanks Cool. It Works, but I noticed something that HAS to be your suite.

In my mission, maybe when I am detected by enemies, a roadcone appears and dissapears in front of me like "the dancing phantom roadcone".

Don't know the purpose of this, but, letme suggest to use any marker or GL.... Or something smaller...

EDIT: Maybe it this, luckilly I found it. Seems the reoutine for pathfinding on flanking manouvers.

while {_loop} do

{

{

_pos = _x select 0;

_dest = "RoadCone_F" createVehicleLocal _pos;

hideObject _dest;

_los_ok = [_loglos,_orig,_dest,20, 0.5] call mando_check_los;

sleep 0.5;

deletevehicle _orig;

if (_los_ok) exitwith {_loop = false;_frontPos = _pos};

} foreach _bestplaces;

Edited by barbolani

@Azroul,

I'm sure you are aware of that, however this is more for the people that have to "fix" it themselves like I had today (Community-Event, no roadcone welcome :D):

You may want to use the class of the invisible helipad, which is "Land_HelipadEmpty_F" ... and invisible by default :P

Cheers!

Do you know if UPSMON works well with Alive? Thanks

I'll take a stab at this. As far as I know any AI that are cached will loose any custom init values that you have given them such as a call to upsmon. This applies to EOS, simple caching, ALiVE (if the AI are "profiled") and any other system that caches and respawns AI. There may be ways to work around this but I'm not the script master you need to give you one. If ALiVE does NOT profile the units used by upsmon it should work fine.

A few questions:

1. What is the best way to see if the reinforcements work?

2. Do they take control of any empty vehicles or certain ones (heli, truck)? now should the vehicles be set to "unlock", do they take non faction side vehicles for example, opfor taking armed off road.

So far its been a fun script to use in editor.

Did some minor testing with the newest version today and it looks like the "noslow" parameter doesn't work.

Squads with this parameter will walk slowly with their weapons raised, is this a bug on the current stable branch or is it upsmon taking the squad into a safe and limited mode when no enemies are nearby?

When using the "randomdn" or "random" parameters it's taking squads up to 4 minutes until they get randomly teleported around, in the older versions of upsmon this was near instant after all units have been initialized by upsmon.

now it takes a lot longer, maybe 1 second for each soldier of an upsmon group, why is that?

"randomup" doesn't seem to work at all, squad doesn't get moved initialy like using the "randomdn" or "random" commands.

Edit: And I got this error message that occured when a distant squad was trying to land near their assigned marker where fighting has been going on:

Error in expression <leader (_jumpers select 0);
if (alive _npc && canmove _npc) then {	
_NearestE>
 Error position: <_npc && canmove _npc) then {	
_NearestE>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _npc
File Z:\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Grumpy%20Old%20Man\missions\upsmon%20test.Altis\scripts\UPSMON\common\MON_functions.sqf, line 1463

Keep up the good work, this is the most essential script package for everyone that doesn't enjoy shooting "sitting duck" AI groups.

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

I cannot get the clone feature to work at all. This is what I do: I place my AI group on the map, and in the INIT of the leader I place nul=[this,"area0","min:",2,"max:",4] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Is there anything I am doing wrong?