cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Ok i can not find a fix anywhere for this on this forum and a few people have asked .

How do you get the upsmon patrols to patrol in safe mode?

sooo frustrating..

Thanks

First of all, thanks for all your report and I'm sorry that you run into many trouble.

I'm reworking the UPSMON script and I correct each of the problem your already post.

Some notes about the next version:

-All random parameter mean that the IA search position (building position and other) in all the marker area.

-Group behaviour and formation will be by default the default parameter of the group unless you add in the init parameter the behaviour and formation you want.

@blazenchamber

It's BIS fault, if you add "SAFE" in upsmon init parameter then behaviour of the AI will be safe but the animation stay on aware.

Ok i can not find a fix anywhere for this on this forum and a few people have asked .

How do you get the upsmon patrols to patrol in safe mode?

sooo frustrating..

Thanks

First of all, thanks for all your report and I'm sorry that you run into many trouble.

I'm reworking the UPSMON script and I correct each of the problem your already post.

Some notes about the next version:

-All random parameter mean that the IA search position (building position and other) in all the marker area.

-Group behaviour and formation will be by default the default parameter of the group unless you add in the init parameter the behaviour and formation you want.

@blazenchamber

It's BIS fault, if you add "SAFE" in upsmon init parameter then behaviour of the AI will be safe but the animation stay on aware.

I've found a fix for this, just paste this on the leader's init.

nul=[this,"patrol1"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; this setBehaviour "SAFE";
Edited by Icaruk

In order to speed up the release of UPSMON and to avoid numerous script error in the next release, I search some testers to investigate each UPSMON feature and investigate for bugs.

If anyone is interested then PM me.

Thanks.

When I test my mission locally, AI get waypoints and move constantly like supposed to happen, but when I test my mission on dedicated server AI stand still and doesn't move until got attacked by me. Why this happen? I used UPSMON way in ArmA 2 and it worked great, in this newest version many things just don't work for me (reinforcements, artillery, spawning, min/max command are just examples). Can you address that please?

Thanks in advance.

You mean in the last version ?

I never use UPSMON in multiplayer environement and as there are no complain about this I don't really look into it.

so I will try to look into it now.

By the way, I always search some testers for the new version, so if anyone is interested PM me.

Yes newest version.

Problems only occur on dedicated server, locally almost everything looks fine, but still cannot get artillery and reinforcements to work.

On dedi i get script error when I try to use "random" and when AI try to call reinforcements.

Init used to clone units: nul=[this,"area0","RadioRange:",5000,"min:",2,"max:",5] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Init in artillery: nul=[this,[4,4,10],150,5,1] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf"; - from example on 1st page

Also tried to use: nul=[this,[4,4,10],5000,150,5,1] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf"; - so i get _range also.

Heli reinforcements: nul=[this,"area0","nomove","reinforcement:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; - tried also without number parameter

Random parameter seems to work, I used it with min/max and it was min/max that caused error.

I cannot reproduce reinforcement script error, seems to don't work at all.

Also, I made simple mission with UPSMON only, and 1 group of AI, tested it on dedicated and AI was patrolling like supposed to, but when we were playing bigger mission with about 60-80 groups of AI then all of them were staying still.

Radio trigger, on act: KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_EAST_FIRE = true; KRON_UPSMON_reinforcement1=true; KRON_UPSMON_reinforcement1_pos=position player;

Also I saw roadcone spawning and disappearing near me.

Error with min/max:

2014-02-25_00003.jpg

I see. It's a problem with clone module, I corrected it for the next release, this is the cause why your unit are not patrolling. Have you tested without this parameter.

The roadcone is part of the target system, they try to move to you. It will be removed in next version.

I can't say anything about the reinforcement and artillery module, they need to be reworked, to be more effective.

For the moment my priority is tracking all error that I left in previous version.

Ok looks like I found the fix. It was LEA that caused that problem, USPMON in my init.sqf was initialized after LEA init. Thus on dedicated UPSMON was not loading at all, ever. Moved UPSMON init to first line of my init.sqf and now it works like a charm!

Waiting for fixes to min/max cus it lowers units count on map.

I can't get the reinforcement to work for a helicopter complete with crew, and two pilots and an empty helicopter.

The reinforcement just move to the upsmon marker area as soon as the mission starts without being called. I tried using nowp and nomove but then they just stand there eventhough they are called repeatedly. Also tried putting the "nowp" or "nomove" before, and after the "reinforcement" call in the code.

Has anybody got this to work?

@BlodWin reinforcements needs to have its own area (but they will move inside it) or "nomove" - they should move when they are called.

I also have problem with reinforcements, for me, guerilla (INDFOR) reinforcements get me script error, for OPFOR I don't get script error, but vehicles also stand still even after calling. Here are screens:

http://i.imgur.com/v5zFNAg.jpg (285 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/3EK6uUe.jpg (293 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/ZimWzfA.jpg (360 kB)

@BoldWin

If you need the chopper to move to a marker as soon as the mission starts you don't really need the reinforcement parameter, just place the chopper and group some infantry to it, then add this to its init line:

nul = [this,"markername","NOSLOW"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

The Infantry will board the chopper and then move to your marker and paradrop the infantry squad if you add the "PARADROP" parameter.

@gienkov

That worked! (It takes them a while though... and they tend to crash at some point during the engagement) Thanks alot. I only tested this with OPFOR for now. It only works effectively when the attack helicopter reinforcement unit is already in the chopper (New Unit --> OPFOR --> Air --> Kajman). I found that if you put down an empty Kajman and two pilots (grouped, one higher rank than the other and with the UPSMON reinforcement code in the highest rank, etc...), they will eventually board the chopper and fly to the marker area calling for reinforcement but will want to land in that area somewhere first before engaging the enemy.

The AI pilots are the worst! They have a tendency to crash expensive military hardware!

@Grumpy

Thanks but I wasn't looking for a paradrop... I don't think that works for Arma 3?

But I will test the air cavalry in UPSMON as well though!

There's no paradrop for the moment (grumpy forget that he has the last test version ;) ) .

@gienkov

If you don't want reinforcement until being called just add "NOWP".

there's a problem with independant I will investigate it.

Also, the random feature is not working properly. In a squad of four, only two AI's positions are randomized, and if all four of them are randomized, two will be spawned in a different location from the others; similarly, in a squad of three AI's, at least one is spawned in a different location from the rest.

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

I've found a fix for this, just paste this on the leader's init.

nul=[this,"patrol1"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; this setBehaviour "SAFE";

The setBehaviour "SAFE" does not work all the time. I noticed that if I placed a patrol group on an open airfield, they walk normally in safe mode. However, if I were to go back to editor and move that same group, with nothing changed in its init, to a location in the woods, they walk in combat mode; the leader is in COMBAT, the second man is in SAFE, the third is in "COMBAT", and the last guy in the group is in "SAFE". Hence, the behaviour seems to alternate between members of the patrol group according to location.

Edited by chondo999

@Chondo999

The new version will be out soon, thanks to the help of grumpy old man.

From what we tested so far, nearly all script errors have been solved.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

I finally release the next UPSMON version, check out the first post.

And a special thanks to Grumpy old Man that help me testing all the UPSMON modules!

changelog

Performance Gain (thanks Grumpy old man)

Corrected: -Correction of the clone module

-Rework most of the UPSMON modules.

-Problems with independant side.

-Random parameter errors.

-And many little errors.

Added: -The paradrop feature is reimplemented in UPSMON by default

-New parameter "LANDDROP" to make group unit with helico landing instead of paradroping.

-new parameter "RANDOMA" to make group unit spawn randomly in building without filtering the positions.

I feel like a total idiot. I've been using Kronsky UPS for a while, and decided to try UPSMON.

I can't seem to get even a basic patrol to start though.

I started a blank mission. Made a marker "area1". Put down a group with leader as "t1".

In the init field I've tried: nul=[this,"area1"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf"; and nul=[t1,"area1"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

In my test mission folder I have placed the scripts folder and everything it contains.

Nothing happens. I've used a variety of scripts in the past and made my own very simple ones. I think there is a tiny detail I am missing but can't figure it out.

Please help.

Mattnum

My bad, I forget to writte that you need to put this line in the init.sqf:

//Init UPSMON script
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

Ehhh another problem report (hate to report them), after today 4 hours mission we got very bad FPS on it. Quickly checked dedicated server .RPT file of size 56MB (56000 times too big) and saw >one milion< of this lines:

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 Error position: <_grpid];_ucthis = _npc getvariable "UPS>

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpid

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_TRACK.sqf, line 15

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 Error in expression <e "UPSMON_grpid";

_grpidx = format["%1",_grpid];

_ucthis = _npc getvariable "UPS>

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 Error position: <_grpid];

_ucthis = _npc getvariable "UPS>

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpid

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_TRACK.sqf, line 15

2014/03/02, 23:38:59 Error in expression <e "UPSMON_grpid";

_grpidx = format["%1",_grpid];