cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, does it relate to UPSMON?

My AI running UPSMON will keep indefinitely "rearming" at crates or vehicles containing any sort of ammunition. And they'll forget about the war in the process. Any suggestions?

I've got this in a variety of scenarios excluding UPSMON usage, happens 100% when I'm using units with a custom layout and a rather low ammo count.

They head straight to the nearest available ammo source to rearm.

I've got this in a variety of scenarios excluding UPSMON usage, happens 100% when I'm using units with a custom layout and a rather low ammo count.

They head straight to the nearest available ammo source to rearm.

Oh, makes sense. They're standard units, except I've removed their vests - along with some magazines, then.

Not related to UPSMON at all, but really annoying. I can't have ammo crates around the scenario...

Oh, makes sense. They're standard units, except I've removed their vests - along with some magazines, then.

Not related to UPSMON at all, but really annoying. I can't have ammo crates around the scenario...

Hello I am new to edition upsmon always used in my missions but now conssigo not work so the reinforcement already tried everything but do not speak English and it is difficult to understand the tutorials do not speak English to help me with a sample mission please a mission as reinforcement working example would help me thanks!

@beerkan

I don't get it, do you mean they don't randomly get to building position ? "RANDOMDN" is mean to make the AI group occupy ground floor. The old "RANDOM" parameter is use to make AI randomly be moved from their original position to a position inside the marker area. If AI doesn't found building pos in the marker area then they will patrol.

@Amenta:

i will look at it.

@beerkan

I don't get it, do you mean they don't randomly get to building position ? "RANDOMDN" is mean to make the AI group occupy ground floor. The old "RANDOM" parameter is use to make AI randomly be moved from their original position to a position inside the marker area. If AI doesn't found building pos in the marker area then they will patrol.

The old "RANDOMDN" parameter would make the AI move from their original position to a RANDOM position in the marker area on the ground, regardless of whether there are buildings or not.

If I now use the "RANDONDN" parameter exactly the way the older UPSMON script used it, the AI are NOT being moved from their original position to a random position inside the marker area.

Hope that makes sense.

i think Aze mentioned something about looking into it earlier in the thread. forgive me if my memory is bad.

Hey I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet but I think I came up with a solution to the whole running around in combat mode when they should be in safe mode.

The AI doesn't like it when they are in the same area as someone who isn't running the script, so just give everyone (player included) the bare basics to call the script and they will be fine:

nul=[this,"city"] execVM "upsmon.sqf";

@beerkan

@Amenta:

i will look at it.

Please someone here can help me with a sample mission reinforcement mode so please do not works

I've got a problem with the script. i'm trying to get a vehicle to patrol around onroad which works fine, but if i add an extra man to the group and out him in the vehicle they all disembark and go on foot.

Hello! I have two question which you, UPSMOn advanced users have the correct answers for sure.

First: Pathfinding problems between Agia Marina and Stratis Airport: I place a tank, init him with UPSMon (and respawn, that's important) to a marker in the airport. Tank allways meses up and gets stuck halfway in the gas station in the middle. ¿Is this UPSMon or the (sometimes) shitty AI? If I place Waypoints, on respawn it meses again.... Any solution?

Second: In the airport I created serveral groups with "RANDOMA" and "FORTIFY", but they tend sometimes to go to the same buildings and buildingpos, so the units get stuck there. Is it advisable to use one BIG group instead of several normal groups?

Thanks in advance.

BTW: Last version Works fine, but I noticed several red dot markers with debug off. Cool I think the debug markers issue is not solved at 100% yet...

First: Pathfinding problems between Agia Marina and Stratis Airport: I place a tank, init him with UPSMon (and respawn, that's important) to a marker in the airport. Tank allways meses up and gets stuck halfway in the gas station in the middle. ¿Is this UPSMon or the (sometimes) shitty AI? If I place Waypoints, on respawn it meses again.... Any solution?

thats an ai pathfinding issue - i remember seeing a ticket for it on the tracker.

@barbolani

If you place multiple units on the same spot with FORTIFY parameter, there's a great chance that they move on the same building. Normally it shouldn't happens with RANDOMA, do you use a big markers for yours units ?

When did you see this red marker ? I check the Combat mode and it's fine for me .

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

@barbolani

If you place multiple units on the same spot with FORTIFY parameter, there's a great chance that they move on the same building. Normally it shouldn't happens with RANDOMA, do you use a big markers for yours units ?

When did you see this red marker ? I check the Combat mode and it's fine for me .

Yes, big marker, Stratis airport, and lots of units, around 50 separated in around 10 groups. So maybe it is better to use one group with 50 units?

About the markers, all the time. Lots of red dots around the marker (stratis airport too). Using the last version (downloaded yesterday)

@kord: Thanks!!!

@Barbolani

Even at the begining ? It's the only marker you saw ?

What's the parameter of your units ?

Cant remember right now if it's from the begining or not. Need to check.

Parameters, I have a mix in that marker: from simple _this; "marker", to combinations of "NOFOLLOW", "RANDOMA" and "FORTIFY". But if you confirm me, it's better 50 units in one group tan 10 groups of 5 units, will simplify this.

My guys are patrolling a 3 m x 3 m area even when the actual marker area I make is much bigger. just using the absolute minimum in the init: nul=[team1,"area1"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

I did not have this problem with the previous versions of UPSMON. Any thoughts?

My guys are patrolling a 3 m x 3 m area even when the actual marker area I make is much bigger. just using the absolute minimum in the init: nul=[team1,"area1"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Try either of these.

If you want to call your unit "team1" then have this in the init of the group leader.

team1 = group this;nul=[team1,"area1"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

But if you don't want to have your unit named, you don't have to.. You can just use this in the init of the group leader.

nul=[this,"area1"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Hmm I've never had to use team1 = group for UPSMON before. I'll try it next time. I've gone back to Kron's original UPS for now. Thanks though.

hi guys wondering is you could help me again. I have a patrol squad spawning in is there away to set a random spawn in the area zone at the moment they all spawn in at the centre of the area marker i will share all of my code

init.sqf

for [ {_i = 0}, {_i < count(paramsArray)}, {_i = _i + 1} ] do
{
call compile format
[
	"PARAMS_%1 = %2",
	(configName ((missionConfigFile >> "Params") select _i)),
	(paramsArray select _i)
];
};

_x = 0;
for "_x" from 1 to PARAMS_SquadsPatrol0 do {
	  _spawnGroup = [getMarkerPos "area0", EAST, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfSquad")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
sleep 3;
         [leader _spawnGroup,"area0","NOWAIT","PATROL","SPAWNED","DELETE:",300] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; 

};

description.ext

class Params
{
   class SquadsPatrol0
{
	title = "Squads Patrolling AO 1";
	values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15};
	texts[] = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16};
	default = 1;
};

}; 

hi guys wondering is you could help me again. I have a patrol squad spawning in is there away to set a random spawn in the area zone at the moment they all spawn in at the centre of the area marker i will share all of my code

init.sqf

[leader _spawnGroup,"area0","NOWAIT","PATROL","SPAWNED","DELETE:",300] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Try this...

[leader _spawnGroup,"area0","NOWAIT","RANDOM","PATROL","SAFE","SPAWNED","DELETE:",300] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Edited by Beerkan

For what it's worth, I had the same problem last night. It was my first time using the latest version of UPSMON. On previous versions, it worked fine. Out of frustration, I ended up moving my 3-man patrol 100m away (just to get them out of the way...it's a template mission) and then all of a sudden, they moved in SAFE and patrolled just like should. So all I can say is maybe move them a little in the editor and see if that helps?

Interesting! I went back to Kron's original and ended up having to deal with things always going into combat mode at the start...fixed though with tinkering.

@ Cool=azroul13...Thank you for your amazing work. :) Not only by keeping the UPSmon alive but for your deligent support over here. UPSmon has come along way... I am using UPSmon in all shorts of ways and it is working great and now I am totally hooked to it. :) I replaced all my custom player finder scripts with some form of UPSmon execution and my missions feel much more human like...Many appreciative thanks.

A small request...

I have cutscenes playing just as the mission about to end and I need to pass the setCombatMode "Blue" and setBehavour "Careless" commands along with some playaction commands to the AI. All commands pass fine to any group that does not have a UPSMon instructions in the their init but for any group that has it, ONLY the playaction commands pass. So the AI that have been given UPSmon instructions keep on searching and fighting.

Is there a command to get the AI out of UPSmon loop?

Edited by KadinX

@Barbolani:

I can't see these "red markers", are you sure debug is off ? or you have the last version ?

@Mattnum

What is exactly "Team1"? you need to define the leader or the group unit in the UPSMON parameter.

3x3 m seems to me really small, it means that units will spawn a waypoint each 10 secs.

@KadinX

Sorry for the moment there's no way to remove the group from UPSMON loop, but you can try with UPSMON_NPCs = UPSMON_NPCs - [leader group];