alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

I can confirm, that the waterline is back on CLAfghan, and FATA as well - not on Thirsk though.

My version of 1.3 was updated through PwS.

Edit: also confirmed on Aliabad

Edited by SpectreRSG

Hi Alduric,

First tanks for your effort.

Is there any way to have individual maps that you can download and install it one by one?.

I think It could help to manage mod pack.

Thanks for your time again.

Prien

I'm not sure if you're quite serious about the above statement in the readme seeing that A3MP also contains a few config from All in Arma and is created from Arma 2 sample packs on APL-SA license. The fact that you are enforcing the users of A3MP to create a banner of your Arma 3 group on their webpage/facebook/forums seems to be a method of forceful advertisement in itself. If I am correct, the APL-SA license did mention "you may not use this material for any commercial purposes."

Apart from the license, I would also like to know how this banner looks like, what size it is, what's on it, and what "my" website actually is. Among "my" websites is my companies website, and I'm sure as hell not going to post Arma related banners on this site.

Besides, without knowing how the banner looks and what it's content is, I can't know if the banner contains any material that is illegal in Germany, where my websites are located. If you are, for example, playing Invasion 1944 with your group and the banner displays a swastika, it would be a criminal offense for me to publish your banner on my website.

Also, the size matters in this case since I also pay for the bandwidth.

And, all technical and license issues aside, I think this is a ridiculous idea in itself. Just imagine all Arma addon makers would start this nonsenses... You would quickly run out of space to put up all the banners.

Bottom line: I'm not going to download this addon. And I would bet most people that already did did not even read the license.

Alduric please clarify this issue.

I found few groups that use this mod with changed name of A3MP & credits to their own - Its not nice. Thats why i add this to snap their faces, link to my website is also in credits. There are no advertisement and never be = No $$$$ :) No worries.

Confirm. It's still on Aliabad and on FATA (yes, I know there's a separate FATA map that doesn't have the ponds).

I played a mission on Claf, and had no problem so i have no idea where may be the problem. I will check this again guys.

For those who have problem with keys verification - http://176.57.129.95/public/A3Maps/Key_Fix.7z

There is still problem with City lights - im not sure if its even possible to Fix.

I found few groups that use this mod with changed name of A3MP & credits to their own - Its not nice. Thats why i add this to snap their faces, link to my website is also in credits. There are no advertisement and never be = No $$$$ :) No worries.

Why not go for an attribution then ? If someone would make missions for the A3MP islands, they'd be obliged to add "Made with A3MP" to their mission briefing somewhere, and a link to your website... that way, you put credit where credit is due, and not force people into uncertain banners. See my post about why this is a problem, at least for me with my website hosted in Germany under German law.

I played a mission on Claf, and had no problem so i have no idea where may be the problem. I will check this again guys.

For those who have problem with keys verification - http://176.57.129.95/public/A3Maps/Key_Fix.7z

There is still problem with City lights - im not sure if its even possible to Fix.

You probably just didn't recognize it. You can only see the water line issue at certain points/camera angles.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Why not go for an attribution then ? If someone would make missions for the A3MP islands, they'd be obliged to add "Made with A3MP" to their mission briefing somewhere, and a link to your website... that way, you put credit where credit is due, and not force people into uncertain banners. See my post about why this is a problem, at least for me with my website hosted in Germany under German law.

Yeah, but it's not like Alduric can enforce some clan that's not on these forums. You have to remember, the majority of Arma 3 players, as was the case with Arma 2, are not on here. They don't interact with anyone here, and therefore there's nothing to enforce them to do anything. Most clans combine different community mods into one clan mod pack anyway.

Hi Alduric !

I do not understand why I do not have other map you mention ?

I must have misunderstood your message maybe (?)

I do not have access to maps after downloading version 1.3 :

- Podagorsk

- Namalsk

- Fallujah

- Torabora

- Thirsk

- Thirsk Winter

- Clafghan

- Afghan Village

- Baghdad

- Dingor Island

- Lingor Island

- Everon 2010

- Panthera

Can you explain me please ?

Thank you for your work :)

Find them on play with 6 or armaholic and use it as mod - Those map was tested and working with v1.3

Hi gents'

I'm no mission writer or very technical with these computer things so I was wondering if there's any multiplayer servers out there that are running any missions/ops with these maps?

I can also confirm Claf had the water lines:(. Downloaded with Six. Most noticeable whilst flying a chopter alongside the river.

ps Thanks for creating this Mod it's great to have the old maps back. :yay:

Hello on 1.3 I still have the small black underscore in the top leftish of my screen using CBA_A3. How can I fix this?

Find them on play with 6 or armaholic and use it as mod - Those map was tested and working with v1.3

Than you for this speed answer ;)

I go test that now !

Yup, waterlines at least on the mentioned maps, also no ponds on Cherna unfortunately.

Yeah, but it's not like Alduric can enforce some clan that's not on these forums. You have to remember, the majority of Arma 3 players, as was the case with Arma 2, are not on here. They don't interact with anyone here, and therefore there's nothing to enforce them to do anything. Most clans combine different community mods into one clan mod pack anyway.

Well, a license is a license, and this license wants to force someone into putting up a banner, without any specifics. If this were the case for every addon maker, every community page, Facebook page, forum, or pirvate web page might be drowned in banners. FHQ Banner anyone? RobertHammer? RHS? Extend this to mission makers? How big is "a banner"?

IF you cannot enforce a license, then there is the question why you would put that language in in the first place ?

From what I can tell from the search function without going through all 68 pages.

Driving over some walls and fences results in weird physics behaviour of the models. They clip through the ground and rotate around, ending up in weird positions even though their hitbox does not follow and you can still drive through them.

Aldruic, can you comment on this issue?

Aldruic, can you comment on this issue?

It will never be perfect mate.

Alduric do you know where i can get Takistan insurgency for A3MP

No idea, i saw some dominations only.

Well, a license is a license, and this license wants to force someone into putting up a banner, without any specifics. If this were the case for every addon maker, every community page, Facebook page, forum, or pirvate web page might be drowned in banners. FHQ Banner anyone? RobertHammer? RHS? Extend this to mission makers? How big is "a banner"?

IF you cannot enforce a license, then there is the question why you would put that language in in the first place ?

No1 is forcing you to anything. I never asked you to put my banner anywhere, so chill out and have fun. Why u ppl looking for problems where they not exist?

For ppl who still have problem with " Water line " Just tested on laptop - If you REPLACE files instead of removing version 1.2 and then install version 1.3 - This may be the problem. Also arma somehow Catche somehow PBOs...i have no solution for this.

Edited by Alduric

Well that's my point. And given a "license", that implies some legal ramifications.

No1 is forcing you to anything. I never asked you to put my banner anywhere, so chill out and have fun. Why u ppl looking for problems where they not exist?

No obviously you didn't, but the license gives you the right to do it. All I am saying is that if everybody had such a clause in their license, webpages could be full of them. I just don't understand the need for such a clause.

No obviously you didn't, but the license gives you the right to do it. All I am saying is that if everybody had such a clause in their license, webpages could be full of them. I just don't understand the need for such a clause.

You will when u meet scamer on your way mate. No worries, I have good intentions. My main assumption is the fun for me, the people I play with, and all those who benefit from this. Also i have no benefit from this, just fun so please...Finish grievances or simply do not use this mod, thanks!

7. If the author ask you to place a banner of his A3 group on you webpage/facebook/forums, you have to do it. If you do not agree, do not use A3MP.

This somewhat contradicts you, doesn't it ? It specifically asks me to put up a banner if I download the addon if the author asks me to. With all the legal mumbo-jumbo attached to it (again, see my post about why this is a problem for countries that hold you liable for the content on your website).

No one is "looking for trouble". It just seems as if you had absolutely no idea what you were doing when you added this to the license. You don't even define what "my site" is (again, my company site ?). I don't think you even understand the concerns I'm voicing, do you ?

Well, case closed, not downloading.

You will when u meet scamer on your way mate. No worries, I have good intentions. My main assumption is the fun for me, the people I play with, and all those who benefit from this.

I am not even doubting "good intentions", but the wording of that text gives you leave to do just about anything, regardless of intentions or not. You are giving yourself card blanche for abusing people's web sites for advertisement, good intentions or not.

The issue is also that most people don't take a license serious. They simply ignore it, thinking that everything should be free. We saw this with PR:Arma 2.

Also i have no benefit from this, just fun so please...Finish grievances or simply do not use this mod, thanks!

Well, I have made up my mind. I am not going to use it. It's too bad, I was looking forward to making some missions, but not with such strings attached.

Okay, fair enought. v1.3a uploading, i put torrent in few mins and mirrors in few hours. Changelog is in 1st post. Community speaks and community has.

Edited by Alduric