LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Hey LJ,

I'm just passing by to say that some of the sonic cracks might be a tad loud.

I noticed that while approaching two soldiers shooting with standard MX rifles (I don't know if it's limited to the 556 bullets though).

It might just be me, but I was at, more or less, 50-60 meters from them and the volume seemed a bit excessive for that distance.

For info, they were targeting something far on my right, the bullets weren't really coming in my direction.

I'm not sure about this since I never heard a gunshot IRL, some more experienced people might provide more feedback on this?

Edited by Pepe Hal

Hey LJ,

I'm just passing to say that some of the sonic cracks might be a tad loud.

I noticed that while approaching two soldiers shooting with standard MX rifles (I don't know if it's limited to the 556 bullets though).

It might just be me, but I was at, more or less, 50-60 meters from them and the volume seemed a bit excessive for that distance.

For info, they were targeting something far on my right, the bullets weren't really coming in my direction.

I'm not sure about this since I never heard a gunshot IRL, some more experienced people might provide more feedback on this?

Soniccracks are pretty loud in real life, but they shouldn't be that loud ingame, in the end its still a game I suppose. I dont want to end with a ripped eardrum because I played "a super realistic military game". Tho I cannot confirm that those are too loud, you are the only one right now saying something about this. I know it sometimes really pisses me off when you have squad members shooting over your head away. As I didn't played JSRS2.X since... February or so, I can't really say if they are too loud or too quiet. But I'm sure I made them the way I wanted them to be back in the days as I was playing...

LJ

I'll keep playing as usual and see if I'm under this impression again.

I was working on something at the same time so I might not have been quite focused. ^^'

Anyway, I'm having a blast with JSRS since Arma2, thanks man!

I'll keep playing as usual and see if I'm under this impression again.

I was working on something at the same time so I might not have been quite focused. ^^'

Anyway, I'm having a blast with JSRS since Arma2, thanks man!

Your welcome :)

LJ

I can somewhat confirm the sonic cracks being a bit too loud. It doesn't bother me much because it adds to the sensation of " danger " by getting shot, but at the same time it can be louder than a gunshot.

LordJarhead, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! My game auto updated and I thought my days of Arma were over if I couldn't have JSRS...

LordJarhead, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! My game auto updated and I thought my days of Arma were over if I couldn't have JSRS...

Hehe, nice, you are all very welcome! Hope you all have a lot of fun with this :)

Thanks,

LJ

Is this sound mod still heavy on the fps or has that changed thanks?

When was this Mod heavy on FPS?

You shouldn't have any problems if you aren't running arma ona potato. FPS loss because of this mod is about 1 to 3 frames on older CPUs and none on powerfull ones.

No, you only need the "JSRS 2.2 Full" - linked on the first post.

You shouldn't have any problems if you aren't running arma ona potato.

My screen is now covered in my morning coffee!

'Try Arma3 on Intel's New Core iPotato - guaranteed to run like crap, but good for salads'

Is the link one page one for JSRS FULL,the only downlaod i need for this mod?some confusion in the posts and after downloading FULL link,certain weapons ingame sadly still without sounds.

For example, sud russians,someone said that sud russian sounds are inherent from this mod,and that this mod can fix them.Im not having any luck could someone help?

Thanks

Is the link one page one for JSRS FULL,the only downlaod i need for this mod?some confusion in the posts and after downloading FULL link,certain weapons ingame sadly still without sounds.

For example, sud russians,someone said that sud russian sounds are inherent from this mod,and that this mod can fix them.Im not having any luck could someone help?

Thanks

As LJ said the full download can be found on the first page of this thread. Also worthy noting this sound mod only replaces the default weapon sounds, for addons such as Sudden's Russians best ask in that addon thread.

Anyone having sound problems like example sound breaking when gun shots or someone talks the sound is breaking up try to reinstall it to see if that work if not dont know what it is any help would be great thanks. What I have heard so far sounds good but hard to like it right now with the issue that is going on.

Is there a way to have the same sounds in First Person like in Third Person?

In fp there is this metallic sound, which I find really annoying and in tp sounds have more bass, which I like :)

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

@bravo409

Maybe increase the amount of sound sources under "configure->sound"

Edited by CAPTNCAPS

When driving in a truck gunfire and other sounds such as explosions from outside can be barely heard.

I have to say, JSRS is one of the single best mods to come to Arma. I can't play without it. Here's some PvP action with JSRS:

When driving in a truck gunfire and other sounds such as explosions from outside can be barely heard.

Most certainly an issue (feature) with Arma, I don't think LJ changed anything in that regard.

Hi!

Always wanted to ask the author. Why did he do with the shots in the house and a ringing drum sound. I think that it is unnatural, if a building (house) is not made ​​of iron materials. The sound should be slightly different.

Anyone having sound problems like example sound breaking when gun shots or someone talks the sound is breaking up try to reinstall it to see if that work if not dont know what it is any help would be great thanks. What I have heard so far sounds good but hard to like it right now with the issue that is going on.

Look for the samples rate in audio settings, should be around 128 samples. If you do have that, I'm pretty sure its not JSRS and might be a generally problem with your game/system.

Is there a way to have the same sounds in First Person like in Third Person?

In fp there is this metallic sound, which I find really annoying and in tp sounds have more bass, which I like :)

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

@bravo409

Maybe increase the amount of sound sources under "configure->sound"

There is currently no fix for you. That would require certain changes to the script/configs.

Not a problem caused by JSRS, the interior/muffle altitude is set up like that in vanilla game already.

I have to say, JSRS is one of the single best mods to come to Arma. I can't play without it. Here's some PvP action with JSRS:

Thank you very much, nice video :)

Most certainly an issue (feature) with Arma, I don't think LJ changed anything in that regard.

Yep, thats right.

Hi!

Always wanted to ask the author. Why did he do with the shots in the house and a ringing drum sound. I think that it is unnatural, if a building (house) is not made ​​of iron materials. The sound should be slightly different.

I dont know, I mostly wanted to make most buildings fit, so for the military outpost hatch bunker thingies it would be a bit more metallic. But mostly I dont mind it sounding like that in all buildings.

LJ

found problem it was lassco causing the sound breaking issue.

found problem it was lassco causing the sound breaking issue.

Great, glad you've found it ;)

LJ

There is currently no fix for you. That would require certain changes to the script/configs.

Damn... Well, thanks for telling me :)