readme is not working; i wanted to know what the EL and EW projectiles stand for. 

It's the missiles that comes with AT4 CS guided missile launcher.

thanks.

EL = Enhanced Light, for small vehicles, mainly light trucks and Quilin/Prowlers

EW = Enhanced Warhead, for mainly tanks and light to medium armor (works well against Tigris's and Moras, and a few will kill a Varsuk.

• Like 1

EL = Enhanced Light, for small vehicles, mainly light trucks and Quilin/Prowlers

EW = Enhanced Warhead, for mainly tanks and light to medium armor (works well against Tigris's and Moras, and a few will kill a Varsuk.

right. would EW be better against tank than HEAT?

Theoretically yes, but overall has an equivalent penetration and effects that of a Titan but less compact. Given the abstractness of the game however it's really hard to measure it against other missiles or rockets.

• Like 1

Theoretically yes, but overall has an equivalent penetration and effects that of a Titan but less compact. Given the abstractness of the game however it's really hard to measure it against other missiles or rockets.

right. thank you for answering, Ill probably just use whatever i can fit the most in my bag haha

I stick with the EW when I know I go on servers with heavy armor (beats carrying a Titan and I can fit two missiles in the Kitbag, and one in the launcher. As said it's great for Tigris and medium armor as well as Ifrits and Quilins. Other than that I may look at the EL and make it more lethal against Ifrits as well. Down the road anyway.

Concerning the UH-60 pack.

What is the difference between the UH-60 and UH-60_c pbos?  Does the "C" pbo's contain the futuristic aircraft?

No, the UH-60_C is the config and some NVG models, the UH-60.pbo is 99% textures and models for the helos. Why?

No, the UH-60_C is the config and some NVG models, the UH-60.pbo is 99% textures and models for the helos. Why?

Part of a group where we like to keep our modpack as small as possible.  Our air guys have no interested in the futuristic airframes but love the UH-60s. 

Out of the question, just don't use them.

Out of the question, just don't use them.

Yep, wasn't requesting it or anything.  Just wondering if there was a way already around having anything extra we might not use.  

We still very much like your birds!

Nah man two PBOs has become more manageable in the long run, the less I have to manage the better I am and less distracted, etc. Besides there's a lot of shared textures so it's easier to keep it one mod than one.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download LInk:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtUHIzT19pSDJIVnM/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC86
- Added black versions of SCARs
- Fixed Hiddenselections on the SCAR STD CS
- Fixed the SCAR-H (CS), now loads the proper magazines and inherits from the proper weapon class
- Added a black EGLM texture
- SCAR-P SD now shoots suppressed sounds only
- Requires Game version 1.64
- Added a Black River PMC LMG unit
- Added a Desert Tech Covert SRS in .338 Lapua, has a five round magazine and the round used for the game is the Lapua Scenar GB488 VLD round on the Covert SRS 16-inch barrel.
It is available in four colors, Black, Khaki, Forest (original texture), and Tan.
- Raven PMC units spawn with the correct headgear
- Changed the Raven PMC Soldier optic to an ACO (Red)
- Added a Black River PMC Sniper
- Added a Black River PMC Squad Leader
- Fixed some M68 optic windows

• Like 1

The color and texture details on the Ultimax 100 Mk 3 and 5 seem a little off, do you plan to do a rework?

Probably sometime. I never was too happy with the textures myself. I'll see what I can do in the future.

• Like 1

Hi Eric J!

So it's been a few weeks since we talked about the ballistics protection for the Taliban fighters. I've spent a ton of time with these guys (love them!), but am starting to wonder if maybe you'd look at how many direct shots it takes to put these guys down?

Sometimes, it really only takes a shot or two, but occasionally, I'm seeing upwards of 4-5 direct hits at distances of under 200m and it can get frustrating.

This time I come with photos.

Here is a snapshot from the virtual arsenal of what a typical Afghan civilian and Taliban fighter's "uniform" values look like. Notice on the bottom right hand corner where it says "ballistic protection." http://imgur.com/P6ojLEO

Here is a snapshot from a traditional NATO soldier: http://imgur.com/1zeqvNB

Notice how his uniform doesn't give him any ballistic protection. His protection comes from his vest and backpack.

And for the record, here is a vanilla civilian: http://imgur.com/Sxf7WyH

He also has no ballistic protection.

As a countermeasure, I've given your Taliban units vests with as close to 0 ballistic protection as the game offers (these are vanilla vests, mind you) but it doesn't help too much. When I'm on my game I can headshot these Taliban fighters but pretty often, but direct shots to the chest can take multiple direct hits (as in, 4-5). If given the choice, if possible, I'd prefer for the "uniform" for these guys to match more closely the second and third photo I linked, leaving it to the player to decide how to protect them with vests and backpacks in the editor themselves.

And note, even your civs (which shouldn't come as a surprise seeing as they are dressed the same) take multiple shots to go down too. And cross referencing other insurgent units (CUP Takistani's, Massi ME units, Project OPFOR, Iraqi-Syrian Conflict etc) your units are the only ones with uniform ballistic protection.

Anyway, yours are my personal favorite so I was wondering if you'd be willing to take a look? One of my buddies is asking me to change units over this and I'd really rather not. What do think?

• Like 1

Probably sometime. I never was too happy with the textures myself. I'll see what I can do in the future.

Looking forward to it then, thanks!

No problem.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtRWlvdTFrYjRhUVU/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC86_2
- Fixed the sound configuration for a lot of weapons, now has full sound
- Put the AA-12 back in the listing
- Fixed the AA-12 sounds so it doesn't sound like an HK416

• Like 1

Thanks Foxhound!

Sorry if this has been asked and maybe I am missing it.

When ever I placed any of the 160th SOAR assets that has one of the units in it, or the unit itself, I get complaints about it missing the Flight suit..

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/SfcWeapons.U-15thFlightSuit_ej'

Is this perhaps an issue with the site I am downloading from, or a known issue, or am I maybe missing a dependency?

EricJ, what do you think about removing balistic protection for Taliban's uniforms (Taliban Units mod)?

Keep up the great work!

Edited by em_zet

hello again! it's me, the only person that uses the M468, I'm back since it's also back :D

anyway, I notice that the patch notes on Armaholic say it should be textured already, but for me it isn't. did I get it wrong, or maybe something's bugged for me? also, it has an issue with the way rail attachments are mounted. I think they're attached at a wrong angle or something (see pic, says it's a side mount, but the items themselves are top/bottom):

N5oJpgYTeFI.jpg

other than that I love it! nice juicy sound, neat effects on bullet impact. great to see you've added custom ammo for it. gj! :)

ALCON,

AS a long term friend of Eric's, I will let you be aware that Eric is taking a break from modding for a while, whilst he deals with some personal issues, please be patient should he not respond, he will get back to modding once he has everything sorted.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Like 9