G'day Eric,

Was looking at your new UAV and came up with a couple of ideas you might like to consider.

The shape of the nose of the craft reminded me of an Ant. I thought, if you haven't already named it, you could call it the Fire Ant.

I also thought that you could perhaps do two versions of the craft. The first being the armed or soldier version that you have already shown us. The second could be an unarmed variant fitted with transport containers/pods that could be used to carry supplies to units operating behind the lines. This would be the worker version. You could perhaps create supply pods that could be attached to the craft at base and dropped in the field.

Just a couple of thoughts for your consideration.

EDIT" Nevermind I can't understand a woman who just won't leave me the fuck alone, so I'll get to it sometime.

But yeah the cargo lift version is an idea, just that the Lift will have something like maybe, 300-500 kg lift capacity to lift stuff like ammo crates and the like and nothinig extravagant as a Prowler or so. I just need to see if the Slingload will work with drones first. I think the UCSV works with the DLC slingload ability, and won't have any pylons. But can work with Fire Ant as I set with Hawk, but another opinion works too.

G'day Eric,

I was thinking a lift capacity of around 300 to 500 kg would be optimum as the UAV would be much smaller than a regular chopper. I'm guessing it would be about the same size as the new attack UAV released with Apex.

It would be cool if it could utilise the pylons to carry a pair of supply pods (1 on each side), but it would depend on game engine limitations. Perhaps the attachTo scripting command could be used to attach pods to the stub wings?.

Would love to take up your offer of beta testing, but real life doesn't permit me enough time to play as much as I would like, let alone meet the requirements you would need of a tester.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Good luck with it.

Not going to do the AttachTo but yeah it's about close enough to a Falcon in size so it's good enough where it's at. But again I need to confirm that it works with drones to go forward.

Fire Ant is acctually the Bell Jet Ranger as a UBL in Real Life....Anyway,if these choppers/UBL`s will use Sling Load System,could you make it so that we not need to own that DLC?

Work fabolus for those that owns it,but some don`t have it.

Out of the question, it's not my responsibility to always account for player's finances or preferences. So no, there will not be any initial support of other mods.

OK:Just a wish if nothing else worked that was free for everyone.

Understandable but there's not much I can do right now anyway.

G'day Eric,

No problem. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Yeah for some reason the rrotors are not working which is completely weird but somehow has different mechanics but the DLC slingload feature does work with the drone, so once I get these rotors unfucked I can get to getting it mapped and also setup (not hard but the main emphasis is UV mapping it so it has something other than a white look to it.

Okay managed to figure out the issue with the rotors, and fixed that issue so Tuesday or earlier (depending on how I feel) I can get RC26 out. The MQ-12 will be named the Hawk for now as a placeholder (I don't want it conflicting with the Bell helo) but Fire Ant may still be considered, we'll see. Given that probably that the preferred UV Mapper may be busy I'll probably have the Rattler configured Hawk as well as a simple unarmed Lift version for basic resupply. I can talk with some people about adding it to mods but other than that it will require the Helo DLC until other things work out.

Size comparison between the Hawk and the Falcon:

wip1886.jpg

Weapons testing:

wip1888.jpg

And some caps on the ducted fans for a more detailed additions:

wip1887.jpg

Did some face sharpening on the nose area:

wip1889.jpg

• Like 1

thanks to firewill for some config 

is that mean this UAV will have FIR AWS US?

Which is what?

• Like 1

After finally realizing I was missing a few lines of code finally got the Rattlers and Hellfires to actually hit something at long range, also shows a tweaked IR Scanner (or "radar", or whatever):

• Like 1

A few things more:

- MEV UH-60s have the dust filters removed on the intakes given more recent shots

- Will add the ineffectual rescue hoist back on the SOAR helos.

- Tweaked some Shadow LODs to have more detail

Cargo MQ-17, and decided to go with a 400 kg limit, which should be more than enough for any milsim unit (that has the Helo DLC until I can find another way for non-DLC owners to work with):

wip1890.jpg

As well as able to be battlefield recovered (have to adjust the points still):

wip1891.jpg

• Like 1

G'day Eric,

The Hawk is coming along nicely. The 400kg limit is that sling loaded or internal capacity?

Sling loaded, as far as I know there is not a way to put it in somewhere (igiLoad maybe) but given the small volume of the aircraft it's impossible to carry that much internally

After some testing on my own found out that 500kg is a good option as for some reason normal VAS/Supply boxes are more than 400kg, so I figured it would make sense. I may look into small containers, though not sure given the plethora that is both available in mods and of course vanilla stuff. Tomorrow looks like a good release day as some testers gave some good feedback so hopefully things are good enough for a release.

• Like 1

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtQkxPX1E4ZHdXdjA/view?usp=sharing

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ UH-60 pack for A3

RC26
- USMC Faction has a proper icon for that element of the US Navy
- Added a "Squad Leader" position on the MH-92, with a monitor to see the FLIR feed from the copilot.
- Added a Black River PMC specific configured UH-60M
- ASRAAMs show up properly on the wing rails of the AH-96s
- AH-96 CP/G controls the gun now.
- Removed the "AH-6" and "MH-6", as it's recommended for quality versions see the MELB by Diesel5187 and SykoCrazy
- Added a Prowler (Repair) and (Medevac) versions to support Armaverse 160th SOAR assets while forward deployed. Due to lack of art assets they look like Prowler (Unarmed) until templates are available to make distinguishing differences.
- Added a specific "Squad Leader" position on the MH-92, allowing that designated person to see what the CP/G sees (when used), allowing various units to use the recon capabilities of the FLIR system.
- Tweaked FFV firing spots for all aircraft and added positions to the UH-60M/NATO/Unarmed/Unarmed ESSS as well as the UH-92/NATO versions
- Added FFV positions for the Black River PMC UH-60M and tweaked the Raven PMC UH-92 arcs of fire
- Updated ACE3 seeker code for the Hellfires and Rattlers.
- Fixed the missing texture error for the now renamed "Multicam Flight Suit", classname will remain the same, as well now allows "clan sign" on the right shoulder patch area
- Fixed apparently a missing cargo proxy, now regular UH-60Ms can carry a full 12 people
- Fixed the dyslexic setup for the UH-92 (RWG)
- Fixed AH-96 Gunner FLIR MFD, now views correctly (FLIR) and properly tracks the gun/sighting system movement)
- Adjusted the USMC textures, in lieu of the AH-1Z mod.
- Tweaked main rotor radius values to account for real world lengths, ducted fan helos can now get in tighter areas
- AH-96s now have faction specific models. USMC and US Army will have Falchions, while NATO versions will have ASRAAMs.
- Improved View and fire geometries of all aircraft.
- Added incremented visual SOAR MH-60s and MH-92 updates to reflect real world appearances as well as future additions for the MH-92s
- Tweaked MH-60M DAP and Insertion FMs to be slighly heavier and takes more effort to get to speed (still WIP) in response due to real world upgrades
- Enabled Co-Pilot ability and allowed ACE3 Self-Designation for a few DAPs
- SOAR MH-60 pilots can see CP/G FLIR view through an MFD page as well as FLIR equipped MH-60S helos.
- Fixed Hellfire and Rattler inaccuracy issues
- Tweaked XX-92 TADS systm animation
- Tweaked aircraft textures, mainly the XX-60, XX-92, and S-94 textures
- Enabled Fast roping via ACE3 menu commands. Note only specific military aircraft can use this (transport versions only).
- Fixed "ghost weapons" on S-94s, now completely unarmed (and it's own class).
- Added a requested simple black scheme for the S94s and UH-92s
- Removed military equipment from the S-94s, giving a more distinct appearance to the models
- Tweaked RVMATs to reduce some unneeded rendering inside and outside
- Improved UH-92 cockpits using some Ghost Hawk textures to update them a bit as well as removing unneeded geometries
- Cleaned up flare launching points on the XX-92s
- Added a new UCAV, the MQ-17 for now. It is flyable and can do things, but so far is intentionally untextured, and is a UAV (thanks to firewill for helping me get it coded right)
- Rattler and Hellfire kinematics improved
- Also added a pure Cargo version of the MQ-17, able to lift 500kg of equipment. Like the armed version is untextured intentionally
- Slowed down the Blackhawks and XX-92s to represent more of a military "feel", i.e. more hardware and so on.
- Fixed the Collision Lights on the XX-92s as well as the S-94s

KNOWN ISSUE:
- ACE3 Locking is somehow not working based on feedback from testers, so keep that in mind until the code is fixed or what the issue is and finally fixed

Thanks Foxhound!