And a shortish video showing some various things, the FLIR page for the Pilot (only as you'll see in the video) that can be operated. In talking with one of my SMEs the amount of stuff that the 160th loads in their helos, the FM for the SOAR MH-60s will be a lot more sluggish (as well as weight adjustments too), to give some semblance of 'weight" and how it will affect the flight of the SOAR MH-60s. Given that the CP/G FLIR page is not working (oddly) for the H-60s I'll leave the Compass page as is and just allow the pilot to see what the CP/G is seeing. I also fixed some Co-pilot issues for some DAPs (not able to control as Co-Pilot just in case) as well as other tweaks. It also shows the adjusted dashboard (as well as the additional assortment of added stuff to the bird so far) and the view from the cockpit.

• Like 2

Duh... Thanks Foxhound!

Also managed to finally make the Hellfires and Rattlers actually accurate.

No problem, do you mind if I crop that picture a bit and use that on my Steam Workshop listing?

Also did some animation tweaking, particularly the TADS system (for lack of imaginative name) on the XX-92s:

wip1870.jpg

• Like 1

ACE3 fast rope integration for the UH-60 Pack, WIP at this time, the MH-92 (Insertion and Assault) currently have permanent fast rope bars mounted. I've talked with a couple SMEs and looked at the fast rope enabling portion to include but running into some issues. So I know its an issue and when I get it sorted I'll add ACE3 compatibility to the helos.

• Like 1

No problem, do you mind if I crop that picture a bit and use that on my Steam Workshop listing?

Please do! Thanks again! Having a ball with that bird!

Thanks man, here's the photo as cropped:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667728800

Since I have some time I'm working on redoing the "massive fuel blivets" that the DAPs have, given some open source photos and gets rid of the "Big box" geometry I had in place due to reference photos. Also no, no capability will be allowed for people to be carried as I understand they're heavy enough, so no American Hinds:

wip1871.jpg

• Like 1

Also a requested black skin for the S94. This will also be available for BLUFOR as well (for the XX-92s:

wip1872.jpg

Also fixed a highlighted major issue with the S94s, making them completely separate from the XX-92s. Also they will be stripped of most of the (or really all) military equipment (shrouds, antennas, etc) to further differentiate them.

• Like 1

Are you going to complete the Kiowa before you release this?  Or will this be separate from the Kiowa?

The Kiowa will be completed as it's a separate mod, so what I do with the UH-60s and such is totally different from the Kiowa.

Current look of the stripped S-94:

wip1873.jpg

wip1874.jpg

Down the road I'll add more details or so, but at least its a start for now.

• Like 2

Also reduced the size of the radar dome on the MH-92s:

wip1875.jpg

• Like 1

And retention straps for the big ol' fuel blivets:

wip1876.jpg

Needless to say all DAPs now have this inside (as well as the MH-92 (Rattler/DAGR/M230) instead of the placeholder box

• Like 1

Rear area textured:

wip1877.jpg

As well as nose stuff for the MH-92s:

wip1878.jpg

• Like 1

And cleaned up the Navy birds a bit:

wip1879.jpg

• Like 1

And some MH-92 pylon reshaping:

wip1880.jpg

wip1881.jpg

• Like 1

A video showing the adjusted FMs for the MH-60M DAPs, as well as the MH-60M/92 IInsertion) helos. Again this is getting close to showing a more heavily laden helo versus the more lighter UH-60s:

Nearly there....

Congrats to all the fancy flying in the Youtube videos.  On the dashboard,will the Co-pilot have access to the Flir/PNVS system on his own,maybe by syncing it to Track IR to be able to use it while the pilot files,and will there be some way to have some set up for the CO-pilot/CPG to use the weapons systems separately ?

What we need is a Moving Map Display,so we don`t need to look at the map so much,also if we could get some overlay on top of the map,so we have all powerlines marked to be able to avoid these ,they may be hard to see at night.

If we can get at least one chopper with `inverted hoist`-one where you could hook up to the rope used for Sling Loading ,a bit like Advanced Urban Rappelling Mod ,where you can traverse up the rope ,or some other neat ability .

Love to see them ingame.

Congrats to all the fancy flying in the Youtube videos.  On the dashboard,will the Co-pilot have access to the Flir/PNVS system on his own,maybe by syncing it to Track IR to be able to use it while the pilot files,and will there be some way to have some set up for the CO-pilot/CPG to use the weapons systems separately ?

What we need is a Moving Map Display,so we don`t need to look at the map so much,also if we could get some overlay on top of the map,so we have all powerlines marked to be able to avoid these ,they may be hard to see at night.

If we can get at least one chopper with `inverted hoist`-one where you could hook up to the rope used for Sling Loading ,a bit like Advanced Urban Rappelling Mod ,where you can traverse up the rope ,or some other neat ability .

Love to see them ingame.

Not yet for some reason, works fine on the XX-92s but gets funky with the H-60s. Just weird shit for now. No way to sync PNVS/TADS (or anything really) to TrackIR, that's a game engine thing and been brought up before.

I've thought on the MMD and frankly the scaling would be like the Black Wasp, which I still have to ask John_Spartan about anyway as it's been on the mind quite a bit. Best thing to do with power lines is to fly over the tops of the poles, best way to do it since there is no way to even remotely mark them on the map, not that I'm aware of.

Not possible given the game engine. Quite honestly I don't give a shit about that feature as if there was a way I'd do it, but that's the lowest priority on the Things To Do, matter of fact it's honestly not even on the list. If a workable solution that comes my way I'll implement it but other that not something I particularly worry about.

In fairness I like the idea of using a hoist and is a good feature to implement but unless the game engine supports it I don't care about it.

And something for RC26 (to be completed before release anyway, just untextured):

wip1882.jpg

wip1883.jpg

wip1884.jpg

It's fully functional, flies (and thanks to firewill for some config help as well) but doesn't shoot yet. So far I'm calling it an MQ-17 <Something> so far. Again it flies, can be controlled but also will get it more finished for RC26 to have some kind of functional UAV as when I get more feedback from a tester.... which brings me to this point. I am also looking for Quality testers as one is a bit more busy than usual and he does great work, just he's a bit busy so any help with the UH-60s would be appreciated. PM me or whatnot and I'll add you to the PM thread.

• Like 2

G'day Eric,

The birds are looking great. Your new UAV looks very interesting. Can't wait to give it a try.

Thanks

Finalizing the design:

wip1885.jpg