In between Karen Libera Smith trying to blackmail me, I managed to delete the rescue hoist from the US Army Blackhawks and left it on the US Navy ones only, given reference photos I dug up.

Lol gotcha, I'm just not feeling it right now :)

Managed to retexture the Hellfire glass with the Ghost Hawk textures, somewhat "fixing" the blue glass effect (not by much but looks better now):

wip1832.jpg

And taking a leaf from the Prowler as far as lift rings for the containers (just atmospherics though the slingload points will be adjusted when finished:

wip1833.jpg

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtTF9sbEwtWU53ZUk/view?usp=sharing

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UH-60 Pack RC25
- Fixed various AH-96 versions, now shows up properly in the appropriate positions in the Eden Editor, as well as Zeus.
- Faction specific AH-96s now have the appropriate skin when spawned in or placed via Eden or Zeus
- Adjusted various geometries to make the skin names (MARINES, UNITED STATES ARMY) look better on the external textures.
- Cleaned up more textures and reduced some texture requirements.
- Fixed various selections and tweaked some geometries, adding some detail in various places.
- Removed some unused files, reducing filesize somewhat.
- Improved glass geometries using the UH-80 textures in lieu of the old A2 textures, improving the look of various helicopters
- Removed old sounds for the XX-92s, now uses the stock Ghost Hawk sounds
- Thanks to Lord Jarhead, the H-60s now use the JSRS Ghost Hawk sounds for rotors. Visit his site here: http://jsrs-studios.com/dlindex.php
- Tweaked the Cherokee Container textures as well as improved details somewhat
- Added a Medic Container, holds 200 First Aid Kits as well as 20 Medkits, and heals the wounded as well.
- Retextured M230 armed helos (all versions)
- Repair Container has a proper texture (still non-functional other than carrying Tookits)
- Fixed UH-60M control sticks, now moves appropriately
- Adjusted Pilot position on the AH-96, now sits correctly with the legacy AH-1Z
- AH-96 pilot has control over the gun and DARs.
- UH-92 Cherokee (PMC) changed to UH-92 Cherokee (RWG), to reflect factional alliance, classname is the same.
- Added a fictional "SEC-FOR" skin, to represent the Avatar universe for the AH-96. It is only selectabl with the NATO version of that vehicle.
- Tweaked textures
- H-60Ms (all versions) now have a Compass MFD back (as per the old A2 version) with newer geometries.
- Added a "NATO" UH-92, the main difference being that the HMD is in metric, and not in Imperial. Otherwise colored differently and has a basic desert scheme as well.
- Removed color specific S-94s given the new Appearance filter for the various factions. Mission makers will have to simply place an S-94 or Utility version and select the color appropriately.
- UH/MH-92 Gunner FLIR is OFF when starting engine, it can be turned on ahd off normally
- Requires Game version 1.64
- Added a generic "Desert" scheme, usable for the NATO faction as well as a Black scheme
- Removed the rescue hoist from non-US Navy UH-60Ms

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3Umtb3VCZWxQd3Y3dFU/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taliban Fighters RC18
- Added a "Sniper" unit type. Again is unarmed
- Fixed the respawn vest of the generic config entries, now when respawning has the same vest (if still used).

Taliban Fighters RC18

- Added a "Sniper" unit type. Again is unarmed

- Fixed the respawn vest of the generic config entries, now when respawning has the same vest (if still used).

Hey thanks for the Taliban fighters update! I'm still loving it a lot. It's excellent.

Regarding the bolded changelog part in the quote, what exactly does that fix? Is that related in some way to what we were discussing earlier in the thread and on Steam about the ammo disappearing from the uniform storage? Or perhaps it's a different issue about vests I was unaware of?

Oh, I wanted to pick your brain on something. I'll admit, I'm really new to looking at units so closely so I apologize if any of my questions or perceptions are incorrect. But anyway, I noticed that the Taliban fighters have approximately 40% ballistic protection values for their uniforms. I actually hadn't noticed it originally myself, but was messaged from someone who's testing a mission I'm working on about it taking 6-7 shots from modest ranges and good caliber ammo to kill units dressed partially in your gear.

Anyway, long story short, I had way overdone it with the types of backpacks and vests I had chosen. That was my mistake for gearing them up so much but I never thought to look at values like that before. So, running some tests trying to find the best way to equip these units, placing Taliban fighters wearing only their default uniforms and 0% protective vests, and placing a player character equipped with a rifle with 5.56 rounds, I spawned myself 25 meters from the Taliban fighters and began firing away.

At that range (25 meters), when shot directly in the chest, it takes 2-3 rounds to kill the Taliban fighters (obviously head shots are still instant kills).

So I then looked at some other Taliban-like factions, including CUP/Massi/Project OPFOR, and noticed their units have 0% ballistic protection for any of their gear. This includes not only uniforms, but vests and backpacks as well (not to compare. I was just trying to give myself a baseline. Like I said, I'm new to analyzing gear like this).

Then, looking further, speaking specifically about uniform slots only, in the vanilla game (i.e. NATO's Combat Uniform, etc) I see that there aren't many examples of any uniforms having any ballistic protection. Most of it seems to be set to 0%. So I'm wondering, is the ballistic protection on the uniforms for the Taliban Fighter's an intentional design decision or an artifact from Arma 2?

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually enjoying challenging myself to become a better shot so I'm not even sure if I'm asking if you can change it. Though I'll admit, I'm torn because even just in those uniforms, combined with the 'worst' vests I can find, it still takes a lot of shots to the chest to put one of those guys down.

Anyway, I appreciate all the work you put in on this and I haven't enjoyed using mod this much in a long long time. They fit perfectly in the missions I'm working on so thanks a million for it and thanks for continuing to support it.

• Like 2

Hey thanks for the Taliban fighters update! I'm still loving it a lot. It's excellent.

Regarding the bolded changelog part in the quote, what exactly does that fix? Is that related in some way to what we were discussing earlier in the thread and on Steam about the ammo disappearing from the uniform storage? Or perhaps it's a different issue about vests I was unaware of?

Oh, I wanted to pick your brain on something. I'll admit, I'm really new to looking at units so closely so I apologize if any of my questions or perceptions are incorrect. But anyway, I noticed that the Taliban fighters have approximately 40% ballistic protection values for their uniforms. I actually hadn't noticed it originally myself, but was messaged from someone who's testing a mission I'm working on about it taking 6-7 shots from modest ranges and good caliber ammo to kill units dressed partially in your gear.

Anyway, long story short, I had way overdone it with the types of backpacks and vests I had chosen. That was my mistake for gearing them up so much but I never thought to look at values like that before. So, running some tests trying to find the best way to equip these units, placing Taliban fighters wearing only their default uniforms and 0% protective vests, and placing a player character equipped with a rifle with 5.56 rounds, I spawned myself 25 meters from the Taliban fighters and began firing away.

At that range (25 meters), when shot directly in the chest, it takes 2-3 rounds to kill the Taliban fighters (obviously head shots are still instant kills).

Then, looking further, speaking specifically about uniform slots only, in the vanilla game (i.e. NATO's Combat Uniform, etc) I see that there aren't many examples of any uniforms having any ballistic protection. Most of it seems to be set to 0%. So I'm wondering, is the ballistic protection on the uniforms for the Taliban Fighter's an intentional design decision or an artifact from Arma 2?

For the bolded portion of the changelog, there is a way to set a particular loadout, basic-wise, and then when that unit dies (or if you're the player and don't set a respawn loadout) you will respawn with that gear only.

One of my SMEs confirmed that even with high grade rounds such as Mk262 it still takes a few shots to drop them (actual Taliban people). I personally have not shot a person so I can't tell from personal experience, I just tended to use HE rounds and bombs or Apaches to do the killing. But from what I have heard as said, it's not always a "movie one shot, one kill" from rounds such as 5.56mm. Matter of fact an old policemen told me that a guy doped up on LSD took like something bizarre like, 30-36 rounds of 9mm to drop him. Even the 5.56 used in places like Iraq, Afghanistan (basic green tip) took a few shots but this isn't a gun forum so if you want to learn more about 5.56mm performance then I suggest you go there. But again that's just how the game works, as on the 173rd I've put basic BIS 7.62 and sometimes i get one, two shot kills, while sometimes it takes nearly a whole magazine (exaggerating, more like 5-6 rounds).

What kind of vest are you using? Quite frankly the vest in the Taliban is pure A3 vanilla, so armor statistics is BIS's responsibility and not mine, so I would suggest opening or finding a relevant feedback tracker and voicing your concern there. So I can't help you there. If modded vests do better then so be it, but again the vest that comes with the Taliban (unarmed ones anyway) is again, BIS's own, and just there "for giggles" and such. I can of course simply remove the vest in a future update and that will settle the issue.

• Like 1

Awesome reply! Thanks! :)

Just so we're on the same page, I'm actually not talking about vests. I'm talking about the section in the Virtual Arsenal in the Eden Editor classified as "uniform." From what I can tell, these would be the same uniforms your civilians would be wearing. The ballistic protection value I'm referring to is represented on the right hand side of the screen in the Arsenal. And the vests I'm currently using (a mixture of vanilla and Project OPFOR) have the lowest protection of any vests available in the game.

But you make some really good points so I'm definitely not formally requesting you change anything. I was more or less looking for your opinion on it. We're looking to make our missions as believable as possible, so having never shot anyone myself either, the details you shared of real world encounters is really helpful so thanks for that.

I say just leave it as is for now and I'll post back if down the road I feel it becomes an issue.

I appreciate the reply Eric J!

G'day Eric,

Just read the changelog for the new choppers update. You've done a lot of work there. Thanks for continuing to upgrade these birds. Downloading at the moment and hope to give them a test later today.

The nose glass on the hellfire's looks really good. Have you had any luck with the AA missiles you were trying to fit to the Coyote?

Keep up the great work.

Eric,

Not a huge need, but I thought I'd suggest removing the "beach sunglasses" from the Taliban.   With the randomization, many of the Taliban fighters and Civilians end up walking around with bright red/blue/green oakley sunglasses on.  Just looks a bit "off".

Makes me think of the Freedom Fighters Michael Douglas runs into in the movie "The Jewel of the Nile".

Anyway, super small thing but I thought I'd mention it.

G'day Eric,

Got the chance to take a Coyote for a test flight this afternoon. Very impressed with what you have produced. Got a couple of pics with the Coyote on Pandora map. Will post when I can.

With the pilot control of the gun, is it possible to slew the gun left and right to engage targets? If so, how do you do it? Would you need to be using track ir?

Looking forward to where this goes. Thanks again.

Awesome reply! Thanks! :)

Just so we're on the same page, I'm actually not talking about vests. I'm talking about the section in the Virtual Arsenal in the Eden Editor classified as "uniform." From what I can tell, these would be the same uniforms your civilians would be wearing. The ballistic protection value I'm referring to is represented on the right hand side of the screen in the Arsenal. And the vests I'm currently using (a mixture of vanilla and Project OPFOR) have the lowest protection of any vests available in the game.

But you make some really good points so I'm definitely not formally requesting you change anything. I was more or less looking for your opinion on it. We're looking to make our missions as believable as possible, so having never shot anyone myself either, the details you shared of real world encounters is really helpful so thanks for that.

I say just leave it as is for now and I'll post back if down the road I feel it becomes an issue.

I appreciate the reply Eric J!

No problem!

Unfortunately the uniform issue seems to be a nagging issue (no offense to the people bringing it up) that so far has been acceptable to players overall. I've done pretty much all I could and still it also boils down to game mechanics, of which I have no control over.

But as for protection its as realistic as I could get, and figured for the Weapons pack a Russian Surplus Vest would be the best way to show some realism (given the old Soviet-Afghan war, etc) and agree, cloth does little to stop any bullet :)

G'day Eric,

Just read the changelog for the new choppers update. You've done a lot of work there. Thanks for continuing to upgrade these birds. Downloading at the moment and hope to give them a test later today.

The nose glass on the hellfire's looks really good. Have you had any luck with the AA missiles you were trying to fit to the Coyote?

Keep up the great work.

No,I'm not sure what the issue is given I used the example from the Test_Plane_01. I'm going to see if I can't just make a new model and call it whatever, and do it like the AGM-117s and make some spiffy missile or whatever.

Eric,

Not a huge need, but I thought I'd suggest removing the "beach sunglasses" from the Taliban.   With the randomization, many of the Taliban fighters and Civilians end up walking around with bright red/blue/green oakley sunglasses on.  Just looks a bit "off".

Makes me think of the Freedom Fighters Michael Douglas runs into in the movie "The Jewel of the Nile".

Anyway, super small thing but I thought I'd mention it.

Lol well I can see what I can do, and see what I can do to remove them, and I have an idea just need to make it work tomorrow.

G'day Eric,

Got the chance to take a Coyote for a test flight this afternoon. Very impressed with what you have produced. Got a couple of pics with the Coyote on Pandora map. Will post when I can.

With the pilot control of the gun, is it possible to slew the gun left and right to engage targets? If so, how do you do it? Would you need to be using track ir?

Looking forward to where this goes. Thanks again.

No, as far as I know there is no ability to slew the gun to TrackIR (which sucks but it is how the game works) . Given that the pilot normally has no real control of the gun it's more realistic within the game engine to allow the CP/G control it instead as ArmaLogic dictates that the Pilot simply pilots and doesn't have a slewable function (such as the Wipeout, Buzzard, etc.).

• Like 1

Eric, quick question. Did you change the search position or field of view in the MH-60M? I haven't actually flown your Blackhawk in a while, so maybe that's it lol, but thought I'd ask.

The new sounds are nice. I was worried I wouldn't appreciate them, but I do, very nice upgrade!!!!!

~S

Thanks Foxhound!

No I did not change any positions in the XX-60s or XX-92s

No problem!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtLW5fdmpaVTFBSHc/view?usp=sharing

Taliban Fighters RC19
- Disabled glasses from all units (Taliban, civilian)
- Removed BIS Vest
- Removed RGOs

• Like 1

FYI Eric,

Looks like the config file got wonky on you.  I got an error that there was no config for tban and the factions won't show in editor.  

Using the Steam version.

• Like 1

Thanks, looking into it.