These look really good. You've done an exceptional job EricJ.

Cool:)

Is the barrel of the SCAR-H long barrel version not to long?

Regards Rat.NL

You're welcome!

@ RatNL I'll check and maybe adjust it.

While its on my head here are some things that I fixed and will be uploaded on the next update:

- Shadow LOD on the Ultimax Mk3 fixed.

- Inventory text now tweaked to show the difference between the Mk5 and Mk3 versions

- Weapons now have more specific attachment system (after looking at Kiory's config), so the Mk3 cannot mount anything (nor does the option exist), the Mk5 can only mount top and side accessories, the SCAR-L/Hs can mount barrel, top, and side accessories and specific suppressors (ONLY right now BIS standard suppressors) as well as the M110 SASS. Suppressors are now included in the Ammobox as well, so there's no need to go floundering around just in case you don't use VAS.

- Working on custom sounds. I appreciate the interest in JSRS (I have it too) but as said before, I don't want to do twenty configs for this pack. If you wish you can unpack the PBO and add your sounds and put it back together and enjoy them. So custom sounds or ones that I can find that can make this mod better (video is being uploaded as I type right now to show the new sounds).

It should be noted now I'll be slowing down the pace of uploads, to get some time to tweak the errors and to also not rush Foxhound on his updates to Armaholic. Unless of course something is really borked and gotta fix it.

Edited by EricJ

Excellent work. I look forward to your updates.

thanks for the autorisation EricJ, anyone can help me to modify the sound of the scar ? thank you anyway !

No bipod on the IAR was my personal taste (and rectified on my personal mod) but it's not going to be made available to the public as it's for a J-SERE project right now.

But since you asked and I'm sometimes a nice guy, the sights are what's working now. Since the texture issue was fixed it's getting a good evaluation. I don't know when it'll be approved for J-SERE use but so far it looks promising.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Also some more fixes:

- Fixed inventory pictures for the M110 and SCAR-L (errors I found though methinks somebody mentioned it and I just forgot to fix that issue).

- 3D model corrected on Mk 3 Ultimax 100

Edited by EricJ

These are looking F#$%ing sweet EricJ. I am really stoked you spent so much time making them. I really hope you find an easy way to implement jsrs. It stands to reason that if the rifles used a vanilla sound that gets replaced by jsrs that they too would reflect the change but maybe I am wrong. I have never messed with the sound cfg's. Either way great job man.

super nice graphics and animations - i have a question about the sounds in the Release Candidate 1 version of the mod.

Do i have to have the french weapons mod to not have errors regarding sound and some images?

when clicking the ultimax 100 fx. i get an error on "pictures\r3f_arms\data\transparent_co.paa" not found.

and when i shoot the weapons i get a "sound _FPV4 not found" error.

I am wondering if the weapons are "supposed" to miss this in the RC1 or if i am missing a beat here :D

But they look super nice

super nice graphics and animations - i have a question about the sounds in the Release Candidate 1 version of the mod.

Do i have to have the french weapons mod to not have errors regarding sound and some images?

when clicking the ultimax 100 fx. i get an error on "pictures\r3f_arms\data\transparent_co.paa" not found.

and when i shoot the weapons i get a "sound _FPV4 not found" error.

I am wondering if the weapons are "supposed" to miss this in the RC1 or if i am missing a beat here :D

But they look super nice

The texture I fixed as it called from the R3F weapons pack but the readme did state that it was a recommended mod to have. The sound? I have no idea why it's not working as a scan of both configs doesn't reference as a double-check. So.... I don't know why its doing that and it shouldn't...

Thanks Redfield-77! As stated before JSRS and other sound mods WILL NOT be supported. I know everybody likes it and I have no problems with it, but other than ASDG Joint Rails which I do support I don't mind if you open up the PBO and change out the sounds for what you think is better. There's too many sounds out there and it'll distract me on how to support the community. I have the sounds named so you can tell which is for which gun. The Ultimaxes use the default sound so that's about as much "support" for JSRS I'll go for.

And some media showing the new sounds I'm using (courtesy of Brettzies from the GRAW forums):

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkupkzbzu5khpmq/U100RC2.7z

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Fixed 3D model of the Ultimax Mk3

- Text supports versions

- Inventory pictures fix, along with an R3F dependency

- Sounds are as issued. There will be NO sound mod support of any kind but you are free to mod the sounds as you see fit.

- Shadow LOD on Ultimax Mk3 is fixed.

- Weapons are "cleaned up" regarding accessories on weapons. Ultimax Mk3 cannot mount any accessories. All other weapons as realistic as possible. And BIS suppressors are the only ones configured for the barrels (ammobox includes some).

Possible issues:

Barrel length on the Long Barrel version, I've been doing some PvP earlier as well as messing with media videos as well as working on the mod. I haven't forgotten.

Checked the Long barrel version and shortened it a bit based on the few references I have on hand.

wip138.jpg

wip139.jpg

No problem, you'll see it in the next update though. Gotta slow it down a bit and it's a minor fix, along with some animations that I had to put back in. Other than that I'll upload it tomorrow.

Hey man the GRAW sounds are great no need for opening your work. The original sounds you had were so quiet compared to our other rifles but now the new sound is close to the same. I will stream some this week with my platoon using them in combat.

Okay, sounds good :)

RC2 version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated

Hey,mate,I've downloaded your last update,the new sound effect is great,I like it!

But I found that there's an model error when reload the mags of all SCAR-H and SCAR-L variants,the mag will not disappear when the hand's action end.It's a small error but that makes me feel uncomfortable,hope you can fix it.

But I'm pretty satisfied with the soundï¼Waiting for your next update!

Edited by JinougaF

Thanks Foxhound!

And thanks JinougaF, it was discovered (and noticed by me) that the problem was there. It's a minor fix that has been fixed and will be back in the next update.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbz8fi3j0u5t8ae/U100RC3.7z

///////////////////////////////////////

- Long Barrel SCAR-H readjusted

- reload anims are back.

Edited by EricJ

Hey Eric, everything to date is looking really good.

Couple things:

1. We've noticed through VAS that attachments cannot be added to the weapons pack. You can however add them to weapons outside of VAS (e.g. through ammoboxes and from items on your person).

2. After getting attachments on the new weapons and saving through VAS then loading up that slot, the attachments are removed from the rails and gone from inventory (even though they showed up as in that load out through VAS). For the time being we just throw the attachments in our rucks and then slap them on after loading a load out as a workaround.

Any idea why this could be happening? We are using ASDG Joint Rails and ASDG Attachments with the right configs in place.

Nothing game breaking and we will use them regardless, just some icing on the cake if you may know why this could be.

Thanks

Honestly I get the same problem through my weapons (something in the config I need to add or adjust?) with the exception of the BIS weapons which seem to mount BIS attachments through VAS. I also get the same issue with other mods as well so I really don't know how to approach the issue to be honest with you.

Thanks Foxhound!

And thanks JinougaF, it was discovered (and noticed by me) that the problem was there. It's a minor fix that has been fixed and will be back in the next update.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbz8fi3j0u5t8ae/U100RC3.7z

///////////////////////////////////////

- Long Barrel SCAR-H readjusted

- reload anims are back.

It's nice that you've fixed the problems.

And I've noticed the problem that we can't add the attachments to weapons through VAS,and that is not only happen in your mod,R3F weapons also have this problem,I believe that is the last ARMA3 update(1.08 version)that causes this because I didn't remember I have this problem in 1.06 version.