Okay I'll see about the RPM then... I never played ARMA 2 ACE so I'll go on your word and figure out the 249 stuff ;)

Okay I'll see about the RPM then... I never played ARMA 2 ACE so I'll go on your word and figure out the 249 stuff ;)

Sweet man. Just to make it more detailed, your conventional weapon tends to have a pushy recoil due to a higher rpm, but the ultimax's recoil is more of a jerking feeling. It fires at a rate of 400-600 rpm, which is the reason for the jerky recoil. So you can imagine roughly how it would feel, a simple gas system and recoil spring is similar of that to a m240 or L7 GPMG reduces the kick back of the bolt, reducing alot of recoil, and the low RPM enables the user to regain control over the weapon in the brief moment before the second round is fired consecutively.

Nice...

At the time I was starting to do it, the USMC was looking for a replacement for the SAW (which of course ended up as the M27 IAR) and this was a contender, and it had a sort of cool but basic layout and as a virtual weapon its nice to take to the range and just plink away as well :D. I may decide on the Mk8, but the "Mk5" I'm working on now is actually more focused on texture work. The weapon should be as capable as the real thing (one Singapore military member said he fired it all day and it didn't move an inch when firing, so...) but again... may do the Mk8.... maybe not.

But for now the focus is:

- Getting the SCAR tweaked

- Tweak basic weapon textures (I "like" them so far but I got some more textures to play with so I may retexture it yet again....).

Cool to hear you are doing the MK5, i was a SAW gunner and GPMG gunner when i was in Singapore Armed Forces, i fired the Ultimax and FN Mag GPMG for very long term. Yes, Ultimax is very low recoil and you can even one handed and spam it ^^ but this gun tends to jam alot. IF you need more info drop me a message. :bounce3:

Well I think the only issue is that it can't jam in the game universe (unless it can be scripted?)

And more M27 work:

wip89.jpg

Gosh, this IAR is sexxeee... are you going to use Robert Hammer´s script for the Mk12 which enabled a switchable bipod (cicling the firemode)? Thou it may render the weapon as full-auto only...

I´ve installed the A3 tools yesterday, where do I have to unPBO you addon so I can see the textures?

cheers!

Unfortunately no on teh script. I can ask RH and see if he'll supply it (I don't know how to script either...) but the IAR could be equipped with a 30-round mag instead. I was thinking of that as I personally don't like the C-Mag on an M4 (Tried it once in Iraq and was like... no). But this is intended for J-SERE but accommodations can be made. I'm looking for some good pics of the backup sights (If issued) or I can use a small amount of models I have lying around (I spent most of the night re-organizing my various folders from projects long ago and found a small selection of backup iron sights from VBS1/OFP).

From what I understand from Banky is that you drag and drop the file and it works. If he extracted the PBO though put it in the P: drive.

On the SCAR note, I modded the sound file, I got rid of that stupid "ringing" sound when the round is fired.

Edited by EricJ

I don't want to sound rude or anything but you should take your screenshots by using the splendid camera and setting up your settings on a higher quality even if your config is old. :)

Nice bunch of weapons by the way!

Thanks! I'll mess with it as I'm just keeping it easy on the CPU for now with A3 :)

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

wip90.jpg

Slightly more progress, I finally fixed the shadow issue and gave the weapon a safety again. Honestly I can't not use that simple stuff from R3F, it's so nice to have a safety :)

And I used the SCAR animation for this as far as hand positions, it looks good enough :)

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

////////////////////////

New Download Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6kq66qxupcl0ky/U100AC11.7z

////////////////////////

Added:

M110 SASS

Fixed:

- Recoil on Ultimaxes

- Rate of fire has been slowed

- Sound with SCARs

It should be noted that the IAR is a separate project and therefore will not be part of the Ultimax/SCAR/SASS download.

Got no textures on the 110, didn't see that on your list of issues.

WTF?

Now I see the issue... I think your SCARs work because they're in the CA/data somewhere, maybe? but the M110 isn't so it's not pulling from the P:\ drive or the frickin game PBOs and therefore, no textures.

Seriously I guess that's another issue to worry about. I thought it would work fine but the texes are there. WTF?

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Did you extract the PBO to see if they will show? If so then that's the only way for them to work...

Well, I have the arma 2 scars from the samples pack in my P drive for my own tinkering, so the origional tan textures are there, but your black scars work just fine as well, and I don't have those textures in the P drive, same with the Ulitmax. Maybe look and see if there was something you did different with the black scars and Ultimax and you may see something you missed with the 110.

Goofy shit, is all I can think of, but will see what I can do.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Okay.... for the users that actually post in this topic, what specific weapons are showing textures and which aren't? And please state whether you have a P: drive or not. Now its starting to sound like something works, but some don't, is that my read on this subject?

No P drive only white weapons

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Same as above no :P drive and all weapons are white.

No BUIS was actually made for the weapon, so that's well... okay.

I have a p, and only the 110 and the grenade launcher are white.

Okay the GL is on me for you anyway

Okay just as I thought, but don't understand why the 110 isn't working for Banky. Patch 1.09? Anytime soon?

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

///////////////////////////////

New Download LInk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ku49n4c2yvtnm0/U100AC12.7z

///////////////////////////

Fixed missing texture on GL sight.

IAR stuf:

wip91.jpg

wip92.jpg

Looking real good. Will we be able to rock a version without the bipod?

Probably soon, I don't like the bipod personally but waiting on guidance from J-SERE first.

In other news... I "got" JointRails coded, but need somebody (will PM Robalo) to get it working as it works.. but no joy so far.

Based on some feedback from J-SERE:

wip93.jpg

wip94.jpg