Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CM - ArmA 3 Chernarus Mod

I for one also hope you'll be stitching Utes map and Chernarus map together.

As far as I know' date=' Utes lies about 25/30 km due south of Skalisty Island, as can be seen here: [url']http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1958/greensearegionstage2pla.jpg[/url]

But the distance could be shortened to about 10km max, so one can view both shorelines from standing on either Utes or Chernarus itself.. Would be great if possible, and practicable. :)

1st release will be separated maps, im in touch with BI, i will ask them if this idea is possible and legal - Cherno and Utes included to one map, mhm smells like DayZ SA :D

Will you also port the full content of ArmA 2 (units, vehicles...) within this mod? Would be awesome mate :)

+1 for the brightness issue. Hope you can also keep the original sounds and weather of ArmA 2 Chernarus.

Sounds are included and working fine. Weather is from A3.

Edited by Alduric

Thanks a lot Alduric for even considering to do so. :) But ofcourse, it's nice already that you're including ol' Chernarus into A3 already. Good luck with the whole project.

could combining cherno and utes be possible??? - ignore the post... i just spotted the answer to my question :)

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Now we've got all the files available to I assume edit Chenaurus? I'd love to see a winter version with snow/ice etc!

boom this has got my vote :)

Edited by tyl3r99

Are you able to also port the Takistan civilians and bad guys?

Edited by Banky

Thanks for this-prob my 3rd fav island of all time after Sahrani & FDF Podagorsk :cool:

Alduric, awesome work. Any chance we'll be able to use the well deck on the LHD? I didnt know they released that in the content release. And the OA map port image looks like its coming along great too (cant wait for blastcore to come out).

Cool, i love this map and i'm glad to see it on arma 3 :yay:

Cool, i love this map and i'm glad to see it on arma 3 :yay:

Yeah same here. Can't wait to get back to the days of forest firefights.

Any chance we'll be able to use the well deck on the LHD?

+1.

But I dont think there was ever a well deck made for the LHDs...

Be great if it was implemented, even just a basic and simple one where we can drive vehicles/boats in and out and park it inside like the Arma 2 LPD-29.

Arma 2 LPD-29 by the 15th MEU, well deck from 0:30.

Very good news to hear this.

Though we have AiA, but more or less there are bugs.

I and my team would prefer such clean port.

Heh. Yeah, I know of the LPD. I'm on the plaque in the command deck (did the textures, albeit this was a few years ago - I'm not that bad anymore). ;)

are you going to make all buildings enterable making it like dayz standalone? also you should move the LHD fleet to the East coast, because in the ArmA campaign that is where the fleet is and they should be farther out

Its just a port at first version of Chernarus, Utes, Takistan, Zargabad and Desert in one package. I'm not sure if i will use LHD (Same one as in Utes) on Cherno, but its possible :)

Alduric you rock, keep up the good work and thank you very much can't wait to go back to cherno with arma 3 inf units :)

Thx to great contact with BI Devs, today i spend night on optimizing hole mod. Mby i give you small update after few days. By the way, sorry for my not perfect english :-)

How its going:

- Utes - ported without any errors, also Carrier works fine ( no ghost object )

- Chernarus - ported without any errors, there is 2 objects without textures at this moment ( Tank statue in Cherno and Wrecked Kamaz on north - fix today )

- Desert - ported without any errors

- Takistan - ported without many errors. There'r some 'no-texture' errors, i will fix this tonight.

- Zargabad - ported without any errors.

- Lighting on maps is the same as in AiA ( Thx to .kju and Fabio )

- There is no desync problem in multiplayer ( In few days we will test it on 40 coop missions )

- Mod .rar'ed weighs 4,5 Gb Unrar'ed 5,3 at this point. I talked with Bi devs, today i will optimize overall weigh :)

- This is standalone mod, you dont need anything to play on A2 maps. Just download, put in A3 and go go go :)

- Im going to add .keys to give option to use it in public MP ( Takistan Life on A3 :3 )

Thx to great contact with BI Devs, today i spend night on optimizing hole mod. Mby i give you small update after few days. By the way, sorry for my not perfect english :-)

How its going:

- Chernarus - ported without any errors, there is 2 objects without textures at this moment ( Tank statue in Cherno and Wrecked Kamaz on north - fix today )

- Takistan - ported without many errors. There'r some 'no-texture' errors, i will fix this tonight.

- There is no desync problem in multiplayer ( In few days we will test it on 40 coop missions )

- Mod .rar'ed weighs 4,5 Gb Unrar'ed 5,3 at this point. I talked with Bi devs, today i will optimize overall weigh :)

- This is standalone mod, you dont need anything to play on A2 maps. Just download, put in A3 and go go go :)

- Im going to add .keys to give option to use it in public MP ( Takistan Life on A3 :3 )

Can't wait for the return of Takistan and Zargabad

Seems promising! :)

Any plans on porting the terrains from the DLCs as well? Shapur "BAF"; Proving Grounds "PMC" or Bystrica and Bukovina "ACR"?

I really wish BiS will eventually open up some assets from DayZ Standalone when it's out, so it can be used to update A2 Chernarus with open buildings.

Edited by dunedain

How its going:

Well, this is awasome, this is far beyond my expectations, I can't wait for release!

I would have a suggestion, you should divide it per single islands/terrains (@Takistan_A3 and so on). For example if anyone would want only Takistan (for Takistan Life :D), then he could download far less gb.

And the Islands from Operation Flashpoint ? :inlove:

That would be so awesome, but I think we would want already too much from Alduric

Any plans on porting the terrains from the DLCs as well? Shapur "BAF"; Proving Grounds "PMC" or Bystrica and Bukovina "ACR"?

- No at this moment.

Are the islands in different pbo? I mean, i can play on utes without launch chernarus?

- Mod is totally rebuilded, and each PBO need's another one. So no, its impossible.

And the Islands from Operation Flashpoint ? :inlove:

- Nope

Well, this is awasome, this is far beyond my expectations, I can't wait for release!

I would have a suggestion, you should divide it per single islands/terrains (@Takistan_A3 and so on). For example if anyone would want only Takistan (for Takistan Life :D), then he could download far less gb.

- Sadly it's impossible right now, each map is based on pbo's inside mod. So Technicaly it would be impossible. Anyway, its not '99. Im sure 4gb is not so much to download :-) and this way is much better for keeping organization in A3 groups with coop missions and also for server administrators.

Edited by Alduric