Sign in to follow this  
peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Well its all in the name of progression, can't we discuss certain features we would like or dislike? Either way it won't be necesarry to hand out bans. Apologies for my enthousiasm.

congratulation....

your "Bird" looks so beautiful just now...

can't wait to fly with it...

The real question is can you have the 4:1 combat mix for the Avenger. The armor penetration is simple.

I thought Arma still used a simple hitpoints system?

I thought Arma still used a simple hitpoints system?

Yes, It does, however by mixing rounds it becomes more versatile, rounds with a higher caliber (penetration) and hit (damage) rating with little splash or deflection for anti armor and rounds with a lower hit, cal and more of a splash/explosion effect for personnel.

I've even configed 5.56mm rounds that do little damage but have a ridiculous caliber rating to act as AP rounds to penetrate the side of an APC and kill the crew but leave the APC it self relatively unharmed (By relatively, I mean, still moving...).

Color yourself educated after at least reading this.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/A10%20Coloring%20Book/1.gif

Click Me

Bahaha, that's awesome, I'm going to hunt around for some crayons right now!

Anyway, looking great pearl, can't wait to see it finished!

looks amazing when is the release date for this?

Hi, lincolnlou. You must be new here! That's not a sarcastic remark. You're join date is Jan 2014 meaning you literally can't have been on these forums much longer than a week. Let me explain how modding works here.

First of all... Yay mods :D! Mods are really cool because they allow everybody to customize their game, and it gives the game very long lifetime. But you have to understand that none of the people making mods gain anything from it except a thank you from the community and their own fulfillment in making mods. They don't get paid, they do this in their free time and they often don't have all the tools and abilities they would like.

Because of this, you have to respect the fact that if someone is working on a project, sometimes they release 3 updates in a week, sometimes they release 1 update in 3 years, sometimes they decide to abandon the project. This is all because of the above. They do this in their free time, they're normal people like you and me and they have to work around their own life scedule etc. So they aren't obligated to give us a release date, nor should you expect one.

To summarize the story above: "Its done when its done, and its here when its here."

Other than that feel free to give constructive critisism and suggestions/feedback.

Peral, is the mod going to have hiddenSelectionsTextures so we can have custom skins? I know I'd be interested in making skins that change tail/identification numbers for each aircraft. So if there are 2 A-10s in an operation I can make one of them "Aircraft 601" and "Aircraft 603", or any other number/callsign combination.

@ Peral: On topic, do you at this time intend for weapon selection to remain available through the "F cycle" or would it be exclusively through the DSMS?

@ Peral: On topic, do you at this time intend for weapon selection to remain available through the "F cycle" or would it be exclusively through the DSMS?

Right now with some of the limitations of Arma "F cycle" is the only way to select weapons. Am still working the DSMS system, My goal is to have weapon selection through the DSMS and you can turn that off and use "F cycle" if you want.

New cockpit textures and digital clock added

2014-01-08_00004_zps3e5de1ae.jpg

2014-01-08_00003_zps866ab875.jpg

Edited by Peral

Thread cleaned up (i.e. pointless posts deleted). Any further derailment will net the offending parties infractions and thread-bans.

Peral, is the mod going to have hiddenSelectionsTextures so we can have custom skins? I know I'd be interested in making skins that change tail/identification numbers for each aircraft. So if there are 2 A-10s in an operation I can make one of them "Aircraft 601" and "Aircraft 603", or any other number/callsign combination.

Yes, I did add hiddenSelections for different call signs and tail decals. Also going to include a template to make custom decals.

Yes, I did add hiddenSelections for different call signs and tail decals. Also going to include a template to make custom decals.
I wish I could give three thumbs up for this :yay:

Right now with some of the limitations of Arma "F cycle" is the only way to select weapons. Am still working the DSMS system, My goal is to have weapon selection through the DSMS and you can turn that off and use "F cycle" if you want.

New cockpit textures and digital clock added

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/Christopher_Peral/2014-01-08_00004_zps3e5de1ae.jpg

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/Christopher_Peral/2014-01-08_00003_zps866ab875.jpg

Have you baked an ambient occlusion map for the cockpit? Lighting wise the cockpit looks a bit off in that regard. For some reason the hand seems to glow even though there is no visible sunlight hitting the dials and rest of the cockpit O_o

Have you baked an ambient occlusion map for the cockpit? Lighting wise the cockpit looks a bit off in that regard. For some reason the hand seems to glow even though there is no visible sunlight hitting the dials and rest of the cockpit O_o

Yes, because the sun light reflection was to much, could not read the screens or see the panel instruments. And because their is no UI HUD on the top of the screen showing your speed, alt, and ammo, you have to rely on the panel instruments. I'm still working on the rvmat for that.

Being unable to read the displays due to sunlight isn't necessarily an unrealistic feature, this is why the dashboards come way over the displays and if you haven't added the glare shield to the shadow LOD then doing so should negate this in most instances. Adding the pilots seat to the shadow LOD would also reduce the glare as the sun wouldn't be bleeding right through it, it would be blocked instead.

That said, if its still something you really don't like then its as simple as going into the rvmat and dropping specular down to 0, no specular, no glare.

Edited by NodUnit

Sorry, I misread your question. No ambient occlusion map. I changed specular in rvmat.

Being unable to read the displays due to sunlight isn't necessarily an unrealistic feature, this is why the dashboards come way over the displays and if you haven't added the dash to the shadow LOD then doing so would negate this in most instances. Adding the pilots seat to the shadow LOD would also reduce the glare as the sun wouldn't be bleeding right through it, it would be blocked instead.

That said, if its still something you really don't like then its as simple as going into the rvmat and dropping specular down to 0, no specular, no glare.

I tried changing the shadow LOD and still had the problem. I dropped specular in rvmat. As you know how things work in real life is not always the case in Arma.

This is looking fantastic Peral.

Looking forward to testing this when it comes out. Also hoping to roll it into the airforce in our community as well :)

Sorry, I misread your question. No ambient occlusion map. I changed specular in rvmat.

I tried changing the shadow LOD and still had the problem. I dropped specular in rvmat. As you know how things work in real life is not always the case in Arma.

Normal shadow and not proxy yes?

Normal shadow and not proxy yes?

Yes, Normal shadow

Aah looking forward to this! There's nothing like the sound of an A-10 on a straffing run above your head! :cool:

Hope the cannon sound is as rediculous as in real life. All in all good work! :notworthy: