Sign in to follow this  
peral

A-10C for Arma 3

What the estimated release for a beta/alpha on this? Super stoked for this.

Please stop asking for release dates/estimated release dates. You asked it on the US airforce assets thread too. Its done when its done, be patient. I'm getting pretty tired of all the new members going thrue all the threads asking when shit's gonne be released. You're bumping threads where they shouldn't be.

Hi, lincolnlou. You must be new here! That's not a sarcastic remark. You're join date is Jan 2014 meaning you literally can't have been on these forums much longer than a week. Let me explain how modding works here.

First of all... Yay mods :D! Mods are really cool because they allow everybody to customize their game, and it gives the game very long lifetime. But you have to understand that none of the people making mods gain anything from it except a thank you from the community and their own fulfillment in making mods. They don't get paid, they do this in their free time and they often don't have all the tools and abilities they would like.

Because of this, you have to respect the fact that if someone is working on a project, sometimes they release 3 updates in a week, sometimes they release 1 update in 3 years, sometimes they decide to abandon the project. This is all because of the above. They do this in their free time, they're normal people like you and me and they have to work around their own life scedule etc. So they aren't obligated to give us a release date, nor should you expect one.

To summarize the story above: "Its done when its done, and its here when its here."

Other than that feel free to give constructive critisism and suggestions/feedback.

What the estimated release for a beta/alpha on this? Super stoked for this.

Yep, this is gonna be a great mod for ArmA 3, I understand your enthusiasm..... the A-10 is my all time favorite jet to fly. I kind of like the slow trickle of mod releases, so much too do - so little time. Just when I start to learn one mod, then another one is released and then another and another. :p

I'm sure Pearl is doing his best to get this mod out to the public. From what I understand, the software they're using to create these incredible mod's aren't exactly "user friendly."

Please stop asking for release dates/estimated release dates. You asked it on the US airforce assets thread too. Its done when its done, be patient. I'm getting pretty tired of all the new members going thrue all the threads asking when shit's gonne be released. You're bumping threads where they shouldn't be.

I'm just wondering Progress as it it's 5% complete or its 98% complete. Obviously Problems can arise and i don't expect it done tomorrow. merely what is there left to do.

Also The join date is the date i created the account. Ive been lurking the Forums For around a Year.

I'm just wondering Progress as it it's 5% complete or its 98% complete. Obviously Problems can arise and i don't expect it done tomorrow. merely what is there left to do.

Also The join date is the date i created the account. Ive been lurking the Forums For around a Year.

Still, such questions are frowned upon. The creator is free to post timelines or percentages, or update anyway he pleases, but we're not supposed to be prompting him to give information.

Please don't ask for updates or status on an addon, on the forums here we consider such behaviour as spam. Thanks

Looking forward for this one. The clickable cockpit and GAU8 sound allone made me fall in love.

I have a question:

Since I own a set of Thrustmaster MFDs, it would be cool to actually use them in arma. Are the cockpit functions somehow mapable as hotkeys to joystick-like input devices?

If not...consider it a sugestion. :D

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Looking forward for this one. The clickable cockpit and GAU8 sound allone made me fall in love.

I have a question:

Since I own a set of Thrustmaster MFDs, it would be cool to actually use them in arma. Are the cockpit functions somehow mapable as hotkeys to joystick-like input devices?

The buttons on the MFD should be mappable by default, I don't know wether they'll be able to display the MFD's themselves though.

Obiously you can give them functions in the key-config menu indeed.

My question really is: will we be able to map buttons to actions in the cockpit for this addon. Specifically for the mfd buttons.

The MFDs have no actual displays them selves so dont bother about that.

This is the set Im talking about:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE4RgSC6KMJESoEBT3K0oj811HE-AZXO6Y9vhr7v7TnButkeJPHya-jAUS

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Obiously you can give them functions in the key-config menu indeed.

My question realky is: will we be able to map buttons to actions in the cockpit for this addon. Specifically for the mfd buttons.

The MFDs have no actual displays them selves so dont bother about that.

This is the set Im talking about:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE4RgSC6KMJESoEBT3K0oj811HE-AZXO6Y9vhr7v7TnButkeJPHya-jAUS

I have those MFDs by Cougar. Seeing as how TrackIR works with A3, it WOULD be awesome to see this work with the aircraft. We'll have to see if Peral has learned this area as of yet. He's a quick learner, so hopefully he'll fill us in on if this is possible.

It is possible but he'll either have to use keys with an already bound function OR bind the actions to custom user actions.

I have a question:

I have looked at that, and right now the MFCD don't have the functionality they will when the TAD and weapon targeting and other systems like CCRP are in place, I have added custom user keys for the MFCD's but Intel those systems are in place they don't do anything. There are five custom user keys that are used to interact and use the plane now. The keys and what they do are in the PDF that will be with the add-on. I think that answers your question.

I've been checking this thread multiple times every day. Totally stoked for this kickass mod! :ok:

Something that always bugged me with the Buzzard in ArmA 3 was that if you did a gun run on a target area on the ground at about 600+ altitude, your rounds end up falling short. Will the GAU-8 have the same ballistics as the Buzzard's 20mm cannon? (I know the GAU-8 is 30mm) Or will its rounds be much more accurate/travel much faster, so that it will be possible to do gun runs from higher altitudes?

PS: Is there any chance this mod will be made compatible with Head Range Plus on first release, or at least in the future? For Track IR users it makes flying way more immersive and helps with awareness.

Im thinking about buying the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. Since its meant to play with the DCS version of the A-10C and your Arma 3 mod is based off this one, will it be compatible with your version of the aircraft in Arma 3?

I use it for Arma and it work great! (Although ArmA is nothing like a flightsim)

The Warthog is a very good invenstment for flightsims or simmelar stuff.

Im thinking about buying the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. Since its meant to play with the DCS version of the A-10C and your Arma 3 mod is based off this one, will it be compatible with your version of the aircraft in Arma 3?

You can use the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with Arma. I have played DCS but my A10 is not based off the DCS A10, I based it off information I have collected from manuals and Air Force personnel that work on the A10. I have adding more functionality to batter work with joysticks, but don't expect it to be just like DCS.

P.S. I really like the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, I just wish I could afford it.

Edited by Peral

Ah thats fine. What i meant is this:

Could the console be able to do the same in Arma 3 if your mod has the same buttons in the aircraft?

P.S. Im not buying the joystick at full price and new for the same reason as you, eBay is my answer :P

In my own humble opinion though Peral.

I think you shouldn't spent to much time on making an Arma mod to work flawlessly with a certain Hotas joystick set up. Most of the people who will be using this mod will probably only have a mouse and keyboard, and if they have a joystick it will most likely not be the A-10 Thrustmaster. I myself am rocking the Saitek X-52 Pro, but I don't use it in Arma because Arma isn't a flightsim and I'm used to using a keyboard and mouse to fly in Arma.

Like you said that joystick is really made for hardcore flightsims and is really expensive. It wouldn't do much good to spent time on configs and animations just for that particular joystick.

I know I porably wouldn't have to tell you that but still. A joystick is really cool to have but in the end I think its most important to get it to work with a standard keyboard and mouse because that's what Arma does by default, and the way most people will be playing it.

In my own humble opinion though Peral.

I think you shouldn't spent to much time on making an Arma mod to work flawlessly with a certain Hotas joystick set up. Most of the people who will be using this mod will probably only have a mouse and keyboard, and if they have a joystick it will most likely not be the A-10 Thrustmaster. I myself am rocking the Saitek X-52 Pro, but I don't use it in Arma because Arma isn't a flightsim and I'm used to using a keyboard and mouse to fly in Arma.

Like you said that joystick is really made for hardcore flightsims and is really expensive. It wouldn't do much good to spent time on configs and animations just for that particular joystick.

I know I porably wouldn't have to tell you that but still. A joystick is really cool to have but in the end I think its most important to get it to work with a standard keyboard and mouse because that's what Arma does by default, and the way most people will be playing it.

Im not asking for him to set it up, just wondering if it wouldve worked the way hes making it :)

Im not asking for him to set it up, just wondering if it wouldve worked the way hes making it :)

I know that :). But I'm the kind of guy that just makes posts like these. Perhaps a slight case of ocd or controlfreakism...

Just some functions that are mapable to any kind of joystick or other input device would be great anyway. :)

I am soooo tempted to ask the question I may get banned for.

So I stick with: "Makeing good progress?" ;)

Could you possibly make a shark mouth texture for the A-10C? I love those xD

Like the Flying tiger's?

I was always a bit more of a fan of the nose art used by the 188th Flying Razorbacks.

Though I think I read somewhere nose art is only authorised for the tiger's now and pretty much the only area they can paint up is the door cover or the ladder :(

Edited by Scarecrow398