Sign in to follow this  
peral

A-10C for Arma 3

The GAU-8 is not white, i'm using a steel texture. There are two variance of the GAU-8 black and steel.

It could just be the screenshots, but I think the gun could use a bit more reflectivity. Or maybe a different envmap? I don't really know how Arma textures are set up. There's a lot of white showing up, which shouldn't really be the case if it's reflecting the sky and surrounding area.

Great work, by the way. It looks awesome, and I'm super excited at the prospect of getting working CCIP in this thing.

Edit:

Just curious on a difficultly scale of 1 being a vanilla Arma and 10 being DCS, how difficult is it to fly?

I feel like it's a lot harder to fly in Arma than DCS due to planes acting in really weird ways in Arma. Specifically the plan trying to coordinate turns for me leading to some really stupid behavior. I think it might be hardcoded, too.

It does lead to an interesting question, though. Is the plane going to have a realistic amount of lift? I find that Arma planes have stupid low stall speeds and tend to climb even in level flight. The A-10 isn't that fast, so realistic speed and lift shouldn't be a problem, theoretically.

Edited by roshnak

Just curious on a difficultly scale of 1 being a vanilla Arma and 10 being DCS, how difficult is it to fly?

(My first attempt at flying in DCS and I didn't even make it to the runway without exploding, but I loved the fact that I actually had to learn how to fly and not just instantly be an expert.)

It could just be the screenshots, but I think the gun could use a bit more reflectivity. Or maybe a different envmap? I don't really know how Arma textures are set up. There's a lot of white showing up, which shouldn't really be the case if it's reflecting the sky and surrounding area.

Great work, by the way. It looks awesome, and I'm super excited at the prospect of getting working CCIP in this thing.

Everyone, keep in mind this is still a work in progress and not everything is finished. Rvmats are on my list but at the bottom, so what you see in the videos and photos is not necessarily how it's going to look when it's done.

Everyone, keep in mind this is still a work in progress and not everything is finished. Rvmats are on my list but at the bottom, so what you see in the videos and photos is not necessarily how it's going to look when it's done.

I think you should just go with black. But that's my opinion. I wouldn't really see the use for a chrome barrelguard.

Chrome cos it looks bling!

Yeah and if the sun hits it you can have all the flares, chaff and rader jammers you want but enemy pilots will still spot you from 10 miles away...

You should know by now that it isn't how it works in arma...

I am interested in size comparison i watched that vid that was posted here and people are small

in comparison to plane

This might help as a scale reference.

http://bangshift.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/warthog3.jpeg

Out of curiosity, will this mod also simulate warning sounds such as "ALTITUDE! ALTITUDE!" and "PULL UP! PULL UP!"? Wouldn't bother me if it didn't. I'm just curious how in depth you will be taking this. ;)

This might help as a scale reference.

http://bangshift.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/warthog3.jpeg

Out of curiosity, will this mod also simulate warning sounds such as "ALTITUDE! ALTITUDE!" and "PULL UP! PULL UP!"? Wouldn't bother me if it didn't. I'm just curious how in depth you will be taking this. ;)

I am interested in size comparison i watched that vid that was posted here and people are small

in comparison to plane

The A-10C is the exact dimensions as the real A-10C, In Arma the size looks a little off because the Arma characters are bigger then a average person.

Hey Peral could you tell us stuff about the sound department of your A-10 ?

Thought about contacting LordJahrhead , creator of J.S.R.S ?

Hey Peral could you tell us stuff about the sound department of your A-10 ?

Thought about contacting LordJahrhead , creator of J.S.R.S ?

I do like the J.S.R.S mod, but my A-10C uses different sounds that have not been used in Arma before and more pacific sounds for the A-10C including warning, landing gear, canopy, and weapon sounds.

Looking good! Do you plan to include realistic APU and main motor spooling times? now it is definately too fast, and can you slew tgp/mav around (and zoom/ switch fov) in the final version or does arma support it?

One last thing! It would be hugely appreciated if you collaborated with Feint to work on making his Head Range Plus (mod for TrackIR users) mod compatible with your A10. <3

Top notch work Peral! This has got to be one of the add-ons I am most excited to be able to play. Thank you VERY much for all the *free time you have put into this... and the tow tractor! Awesome! I know you have a full plate with this but hoping AI will be able to supply CAS with this bird too, without too much trouble? I'm hooked on the ALiVE system now for mission creation and the next best thing to flying your A-10C would be calling one or two in on a CAS gun run ;)

(* there is no such thing as "free" time, unless your time is worth absolutely nothing!)

Peral!

This is an idea I had the other day. Maybe, if you feel like spending the time and energy on it, it would be cool to have like a... A10D, or A10E variant of the plane. A bit of a futuristic inspired skin that compliments the Arma 3 setting. I was thinking something along the lines of this:

pic_1224944674.jpg

Just an idea I'm throwing out there. Looking forward to the release :D!

^ That thing would work really well in the ArmA 3 era, however, i hate the engines for some reason. Their just not shaped right to me but that's my opinion. Keep up the amazing work Peral!

I have looked into a targeting pod feature like Mando Missile ArmA for Arma 2 by Mandoble, But I have not been able to get a hold of Mandoble. If anyone knows how to get a hold of him plz PM me.

You could maybe try this guy too?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3591720/Air_Enhancements_TGP_TAD_WIP_P.html

I think he is the same guy behind the TMR mod for Arma 3; although for some reason or other he is no longer working on that mod, he may be willing to share some stuff about how he got the TGP working?

^ That thing would work really well in the ArmA 3 era, however, i hate the engines for some reason. Their just not shaped right to me but that's my opinion. Keep up the amazing work Peral!

Yeah I agree. The developers of Frontlines arn't to big on realism and opt for a more hollywood style design, I guess extra corners and finds look good. Its not like I think he should make a copy of that particular model. I just thought it would be a nice inspiration.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Is it just me or is everyone thinking how nice it would be to have the cockpit functionality in all aircraft for the Arma series?

I know Nodunit and Franze spent along time making the Ah64D, and with a considerable amount of help to get the project working. But, with that said, the A10 seems to have been built pretty quick using that functionality. I think Nodunit and Franze have opened the floodgates now and started most of the ground work to have this sort of cockpit operation for all the vehicles. I'm no modder and would love to be able to do it myself. but think of the possibilities of realism for clans and mil-sim groups. Pilots have to "warm" the engine first before they can fly, this then adds real waiting time for ground units wanting CAS if an aircraft is on alert 5.

I might be getting off point here but for Mil-sim groups this new addition to aircraft addons is quite frankly AWESOME! Credit to Nodunit and Franze for pioneering this type of addon and credit to Peral for his work on the A10. I can't wait!:yay:

Edited by SpookyGnu

cant wait to see any form of a10.i hate all these futuristic units.

'Why don't you go play Arma 2 then? You can fly the A10 right now, and fight with as many non-futuristic units as possible ;)

'Why don't you go play Arma 2 then? You can fly the A10 right now, and fight with as many non-futuristic units as possible ;)

And if you want to play with a fictional A-10 then go play Frontline. :P

I do like the J.S.R.S mod, but my A-10C uses different sounds that have not been used in Arma before and more pacific sounds for the A-10C including warning, landing gear, canopy, and weapon sounds.

I look forward to hearing the GAU from inside and outside the cockpit.

yeah! finaly some good addons to bring realism back to this arcade game!

Well, may you ask the DCS team for some scripts to make it better ^^