wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I'm so glad I found this mod and can't wait for further updates!

A few observations on the CQB module:

1) I want to place OPF_F in every strategic buildings with a density of 10%. I also want to place CIV_F in every normal buildings (not strategic) with a density of 40%. I can't, because I can only set the same density for strategic and normal buildings in the module.

2) To solve the above problem, I tried using 2 CQB modules. The first CQB module was placing only OPF_F units on all the map, except on a blacklist marker for a specific town (the one I want CIV_F in). I placed a second CQB modules spawning CIV_F on a whitelist marker covering the town blacklisted in the first CQB module. When I started the mission, only the second CQB module worked. There were only CIV_F in the specified town, but no OPF_F at all.

Should I use military placements modules instead and sync the CQB modules to them? Can I use more than one CQB module?

Also, what does the second density parameter does? I don't get it:

Density Parameter (2nd one)

This adds houses with a minimum distance of x metres to each other, resulting in a "grid" of cqb positions

Thanks a lot for this great addon.

Love the mod. I know it's a WIP. Was wondering if anyone was having issues with ghosting being enabled on player respawn. Whenever I or another player respawns at the respawn_west marker ghosting is enabled. I've tried setting the admin module to "no" across the board. I've even removed it but still have the same issue. Any similar issues and if so is there a solution. Thanks.

Love the mod. I know it's a WIP. Was wondering if anyone was having issues with ghosting being enabled on player respawn. Whenever I or another player respawns at the respawn_west marker ghosting is enabled. I've tried setting the admin module to "no" across the board. I've even removed it but still have the same issue. Any similar issues and if so is there a solution. Thanks.

Thanks!

Nope this issue does not exists in ALiVE.

Are you using other mods or scripts, I believe you possible are running a revive script that is leaving your setCaptive status as true.

Guys..

After reading a comment in TPW_CAS thread..i m worry there are might be problems with AI server sided mods

and the beautiful CQB module.

Mods as TPW_CAS //ASR_AI3 // bcombat we used to run them exclusively as "Server sided"

The mentioned comment suggests now the above mods should be now executed also as "Client side"

so CQB module spawned AI will inherit the features of mentioned mods.

My #2# questions:

1)Is this true?

2)If it's true is there ANY POSSIBLE way to bypass it and pass the CQB_AI_spawned locality on server..so AI mods

continue to stay as "Server side only"?

Plz help

Giorgy my comment was only a suggestion - you don't HAVE to run those mods client side but just be aware that guys spawned by the CQB module are client-side and as such will not be affected by server-side AI mods.

@Undead - no you cannot use more than one CQB module. The 2nd density parameter refers to how close the CQB spawn locations are to each other - set it lower to have CQB spawns 'spread out' more evenly.

Giorgy my comment was only a suggestion - you don't HAVE to run those mods client side but just be aware that guys spawned by the CQB module are client-side and as such will not be affected by server-side AI mods.

What are you talking here is Friendly AI that I have under my command and I spawned?

If all AI in CQB are client side it means that the AI I see needs to be streamed from the client to all the rest of the clients and the server itself?

Also could this mean that If I see an AI behaving correctly you will not see it?

I have been using bcombat and FFIS only server side and so far all the AI SPAWNED by the server behave correctly. Now if the client spawn the IA, in this case the AI will not have the IA mod.

I wouldn't recomment FFIS, it is now abandonware and does strange things to AI.

What are you talking here is Friendly AI that I have under my command and I spawned?

If all AI in CQB are client side it means that the AI I see needs to be streamed from the client to all the rest of the clients and the server itself?

Also could this mean that If I see an AI behaving correctly you will not see it?

I have been using bcombat and FFIS only server side and so far all the AI SPAWNED by the server behave correctly. Now if the client spawn the IA, in this case the AI will not have the IA mod.

Yes AI in your squad are ALWAYS controlled by your client. If you want those AI to have 'advanced' behaviour from AI mods then the client also needs to be running the AI mod. This also means that any AI skill setting you have applied will only affect server-spawned AI.. the CQB guys spawned on the client will use the clients AI skill settings.

As Kremator said avoid FFS I would use bCombat, TPWCAS, and/or ASR_AI

@Undead - no you cannot use more than one CQB module. The 2nd density parameter refers to how close the CQB spawn locations are to each other - set it lower to have CQB spawns 'spread out' more evenly.

This Client side versus Server side is a concern for us too.

How does ALiVE decide which client to spawn on. Does it pick the first player unit within spawn range, or does it pick the client with the fastest connection/ biggest bandwidth ?

If the client disconnects from the dedicated what happens to the spawned CQB units ?

We could in theory require the AI mods to be run Client side, but there is a risk they will be changed or potentially abused.

This is quite complex to manage/administer. Is it at all possible to move the spawns to a HC instead (I recall it was on the plan) or even ensure they are server side only ?

SJ

Devs will have to respond to that one... I assume it's the closest player that spawns the AI and that they are 'handed' off if that client disconnects. I know there was talk of having server-side options for spawning but not sure where that is currently.

I wouldn't recomment FFIS, it is now abandonware and does strange things to AI.

Yup I put FFIS as example actually we are using bCombat and I'm going to check ASR_AI

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

This Client side versus Server side is a concern for us too.

How does ALiVE decide which client to spawn on. Does it pick the first player unit within spawn range, or does it pick the client with the fastest connection/ biggest bandwidth ?

If the client disconnects from the dedicated what happens to the spawned CQB units ?

We could in theory require the AI mods to be run Client side, but there is a risk they will be changed or potentially abused.

This is quite complex to manage/administer. Is it at all possible to move the spawns to a HC instead (I recall it was on the plan) or even ensure they are server side only ?

SJ

These are really good questions. It will be good if we have someone from the DEVs to respond.

Edited by theNaCH

Yup I put FFIS as example actually we are using bCombat and I'm going to check ASR_AI

Look here for ASR_AI there are 2 links (Six-updater and PWS) to access the repo

http://arma-sr.bzbit.com/

Is there a way of having Military and Mil Civ placements spawn a defined number of groups? I'd like for the enemy to stop spawning in 3 groups of 10 and instead do 5 groups of 6 or something different.

Thanks!

Nope this issue does not exists in ALiVE.

Are you using other mods or scripts, I believe you possible are running a revive script that is leaving your setCaptive status as true.

Appreciate the reply.

I am using Farooq's revive but it only has revive scripts not any respawn scripts. I'll take a look if it has setcaptive commands. If it does, should I be using a different revive? Using the following mods: @cba_A3;@alive (hehe);@taskforceradio. I also allow the keys for shacktachud; jsrs sounds; blastcore visuals and VTSweaponresting but these are all client side. While we are on the subject is there a list of mods that do interfere with the alive module? Thanks again>

@Savage

Of course i m aware your comment was a suggestion but..for me it's a game-"changer"

For now we are playing an ALiVE INSURGENCY version where all job gets done by CQB module

and having Vanilla AI is something out of scope for us.

I really THANK YOU..because without your comment i would have been really difficult to recognize troubleshoot the

strange behavior i m getting from AI.

So..bumping (in a way) my previous post..i m really interested on how to make the handling Server side exclusive :)

@Savage

Of course i m aware your comment was a suggestion but..for me it's a game-"changer"

For now we are playing an ALiVE INSURGENCY version where all job gets done by CQB module

and having Vanilla AI is something out of scope for us.

I really THANK YOU..because without your comment i would have been really difficult to recognize troubleshoot the

strange behavior i m getting from AI.

So..bumping (in a way) my previous post..i m really interested on how to make the handling Server side exclusive :)

Hi!

My intention is to make an option on the different modules where to spawn the AI (server, client, HC)!

This will happen most likely when we are implementing HC (after persistence)!

CQB for the moment chooses clients that are near and have less ai hosted locally than another near client! plans are to autoswitch locality if fps drop or client disconnects. give us some time, its still in 0.5.x :)

Thank you guys.

We can and we will be patient until ALiVE grows bigger.

It's the future after all

It seems like nothing works when using latest stable arma3server.exe with latest ALiVE (intel won't show and units seem to not spawn at all). RPT shows version mismatch warning, expecting a "newer" version number which apparently is the version number of the latest stable arma3.exe but higher than that of the latest arma3server.exe. Both executable files were last modified on the same date meaning they should both be up to date. Running the server through arma3.exe -server instead of arma3server.exe helped us work around this issue, but I was hoping there is a better solution I can use that will let us run the server with the arma3server.exe. Any idea?

Side note: We keep all server and client mods are auto-updated through Play withSIX.

It seems like nothing works when using latest stable arma3server.exe with latest ALiVE (intel won't show and units seem to not spawn at all). RPT shows version mismatch warning, expecting a "newer" version number which apparently is the version number of the latest stable arma3.exe but higher than that of the latest arma3server.exe. Both executable files were last modified on the same date meaning they should both be up to date. Running the server through arma3.exe -server instead of arma3server.exe helped us work around this issue, but I was hoping there is a better solution I can use that will let us run the server with the arma3server.exe. Any idea?

Side note: We keep all server and client mods are auto-updated through Play withSIX.

Jepp, same error here!

build number / version pls?

Sure, my error:

this version of ALiVE is only compatible with A3 version: 110.114700. The server is running version: 110.114486. Please contact your server administrator and update to the latest ALiVE release version.

Sure, my error:

seems like the arma3server.exe is outdated, should be 1.10.0.114700. switching to a3 dev branch /download / back to stable / download / should update the server exe.

Appreciate the reply.

I am using Farooq's revive but it only has revive scripts not any respawn scripts. I'll take a look if it has setcaptive commands. If it does, should I be using a different revive? Using the following mods: @cba_A3;@alive (hehe);@taskforceradio. I also allow the keys for shacktachud; jsrs sounds; blastcore visuals and VTSweaponresting but these are all client side. While we are on the subject is there a list of mods that do interfere with the alive module? Thanks again>

There is a known issue with Farooq's revive doing this, nothing to do with ALiVE, you will need to take it up with the creator or use another revive script, I know a lot of people are using BTC successfully with ALiVE.

Is there a method to test for either alive profiles or sector ownership? I have multiple player respawn points in my mission and would like to limit them by occupation (i.e. can only use as long as area is under blufor control). Using vanilla AI could use a trigger to detect that opfor were not present but since most of my opfor are alive profiles this won't work. So in a nutshell I need to find a method to disable a blufor respawn location as long as there are opfor (and/or opfor profiles) present. Being able to disable if opfor "own" the sector the respawn is located in would also suffice, restoring the point if/when blufor again take possession. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!