wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is it just me or does blacklist not working anymore? I created a marker and added it to the blacklist of a certain faction but that faction still spawns there at the beginning of the game. It used to work just fine.

Does ALiVE deal with player loadout on respawn? Or will it?

Doesn't seem to in the missions I've tested. But when I add a get/set loadout script, I see an Alive error about loadouts on respawn:

Error undefined variable in expression: alive_sys_player_loadout_data

File x\alive\addons\sys_player\fcn_getGear.sqf, line 51

Jay, Ensure each MP/CIV/CQB Module has its own blacklist marker and they are not shared across the modules. I fixed a bug with markers being deleted to early, in upcoming update!

Zach, make sure you got latest version and if you use multispawn also use player persistence module (ALiVE_sys_player)! Should resolve it!

Enjoy mates

So. I've recently came across this. And it sounds fantastic! HOWEVER.

It's a crash fest for me.

No matter the mission, it crashes between 5 minutes of play onwards. And it's totally random. I got CBA installed and running, I'm on stable build of ArmA 3 and my rig isn't exactly weak so I don't assume it's an issue with a lack of power to run the mod and the game itself as I can run the Game on High with nearly all AA and such on pretty high and still get a decent 30FPS in large battles.

If anyone can shed some light on this matter, it would be great.

Hi all.

i would ask to people already using it, which are hardware gameserver requirements to run this mod ? To make it short, is a normal shared gameserver ok or we need a dedicated one ?

thanks a lot

Hi all.

i would ask to people already using it, which are hardware gameserver requirements to run this mod ? To make it short, is a normal shared gameserver ok or we need a dedicated one ?

thanks a lot

It depends on the amount of profiled units and players.

I have a shared server and hosting medium scaled scenarios with 40 players works without a problem.

So. I've recently came across this. And it sounds fantastic! HOWEVER.

It's a crash fest for me.

No matter the mission, it crashes between 5 minutes of play onwards. And it's totally random. I got CBA installed and running, I'm on stable build of ArmA 3 and my rig isn't exactly weak so I don't assume it's an issue with a lack of power to run the mod and the game itself as I can run the Game on High with nearly all AA and such on pretty high and still get a decent 30FPS in large battles.

If anyone can shed some light on this matter, it would be great.

How long is a piece of string, without seeing the rpt, having a copy of your mission, knowing what other mods your using etc etc we wouldn't have a clue.

Please upload your mission and RPT to our issue tracker here, stating what other mods you are using and your machine specs, we will take a look.

Hey Gunny1979,

I know you guys have some missions on your main site, already played it and i really want to check out more. Could you point me to the right direction ? I just can't find any site with custom mission from the community - I just be blind right, or ?? :j:

Hey Gunny1979,

I know you guys have some missions on your main site, already played it and i really want to check out more. Could you point me to the right direction ? I just can't find any site with custom mission from the community - I just be blind right, or ?? :j:

Hi Brutal,

Unfortunately they are all that we have been given so far!

On that note we do encourage people to submit their missions to us to put up on or website, facebook etc.

Come on show off your mission making skills!

Thanks for the quick reply :p Yeah i just can't understand the forums aren't completely full with custom mission made with ALiVE. It's one of the best mods around for Arma3 atm.

I have been trying to figure out how to make these missions and pushed out few already but haven't been quite happy with the performance and few other things. Don't get me wrong, my rig and this mod are top notch but I've been playing solo with multiples addons to enhance my experience, maby some of my addons (witch i don't play without) causes it.

Time to dig in and find the problem, ill send you pm when i decent missions to share.

All that is running is Alive and CBA. And all the missions are ones linked via the main post within this thread, including those with no other requirements other than CBA and Alive on the vanilla maps. Every mission linked on that page causes crashes, including the Alive Foursome. (If I recall the name correctly)

My specs are Intel I5 2.8Ghz, 8GB Ram, 1GB Nvidia 560TI GPU.

Edited by Jamie1992

All that is running is Alive and CBA. And all the missions are ones linked via your main post, including those with no other requirements other than CBA and Alive on the vanilla maps. Every mission linked on that page causes crashes, including the Alive Foursome. (If I recall the name correctly)

Mate, its not ALiVE causing the crashes, we run it for hours and dont encounter any crashes.

Ensure your setup of A3 is correct (and you dont have corrupt files), and you don't run into memory issues.

I too thought it was a problem with my ArmA 3.

However. I tried Stable and Dev Branch. I verifyed Cache and even uninstalled, cleared out the entire folder and registry for anything that might be left over reinstalled ArmA 3 and the mods. And the same problem persists. I also tried changed my Launch params to put CBA first thinking maybe it was load order, and still nothing.

I also turned all my settings down to absolute minimum. And the same problem still persists. So either I'm missing something, or ArmA/Alive just hates me.

All that is running is Alive and CBA. And all the missions are ones linked via the main post within this thread, including those with no other requirements other than CBA and Alive on the vanilla maps. Every mission linked on that page causes crashes, including the Alive Foursome. (If I recall the name correctly)

Something is wrong with your A3 install or system. I can run Alive without any crashes at all for hours on end.

I too thought it was a problem with my ArmA 3.

However. I tried Stable and Dev Branch. I verifyed Cache and even uninstalled, cleared out the entire folder and registry for anything that might be left over reinstalled ArmA 3 and the mods. And the same problem persists. I also tried changed my Launch params to put CBA first thinking maybe it was load order, and still nothing.

I also turned all my settings down to absolute minimum. And the same problem still persists. So either I'm missing something, or ArmA/Alive just hates me.

Post a link to your RPT of when you crashed and I will take a look.

Comrades!

Imagine bigger...

Can't fucking wait!!! ARGHSDHAHSDH!!! :D Keep up the great work guys!

For the life of me I can't get caf_ag_afr faction to work anymore in a newly created mission while it's still profiled in a mission built like three weeks ago. :/

Would anybody else have faced that issue too and, even better, would have a solution?

Hello ... can anyone explain why my "Admin Actions" menu tends to periodically disappear from use for a period of time and then reappear again between sessions (and usually an Arma3 restart)? I have been playing around with different ke board Presets (ArmA 2 and Arma3) because it seems a recent BIS update (?) changed the BIS keyboard preset setting I had set up as default). Yesterday, the "App key" (the one between R-Alt and R-Ctl) stopped working as the Admin Actions menu, and then started working again after a restart of Arma 3. Today, it worked earlier in the day and then stopped working again later again today.

I also had a problem a while ago with this same key mapping when I tried to use Peral's A-10 in ALiVE, which uses the same Use Action key 20 as the crosshair key for switch configurations. Attempts at remapping Controls->Keyboard->Use Action 20 (which I believe is the correct mapping) in all cases have not worked either. I'm using ALiVE V 0.5.6.1401291 with Arma3 1.10.114700.

Edited by MissionCreep

Jay, Ensure each MP/CIV/CQB Module has its own blacklist marker and they are not shared across the modules. I fixed a bug with markers being deleted to early, in upcoming update!

Still doesn't work. I have two Military Placements. I a created separate blacklist marker for each Military Placement and it still doesn't work.

Comrades!

Imagine bigger...

I bailed on the video after 2 mins. Is there something interesting you are showing with Alive here?

Its just quickly showing how ALiVE controlled units work with Zeus, so you can expect to be able to use Zeus with ALiVE when its released. The video also shows using the ALiVE nuke function :)