wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

It seems like i can't get in alive control panel even i bind custom key 20 with "p" or "R ctrl"

What else should i do? i even did register to alive.

I test this in editor and i place

requires alive

profile system

admin action

civilian population system

ambient civilian placement

opcom

military civilian placement

And CQB

What else should i do D: i even saw the tutorial video and check the FAQ but can't open alive panel

Edited by kgino1045

Did you restart your game after binding custom key 20?

Also not you only need the custom binding if your keyboard does not have a Right Windows key (default for ALiVE)

Did you restart your game after binding custom key 20?

Also not you only need the custom binding if your keyboard does not have a Right Windows key (default for ALiVE)

So you mean if i don't have right windows key in my keyboard then i can't bind the key??? :(

and what should i do if this message keep pop up D: should i link all of the unit?

"There are no profiles for this OPCOM instance! Please assign troops to this OPCOM!"

Edited by kgino1045

So you mean if i don't have right windows key in my keyboard then i can't bind the key??? :(

and what should i do if this message keep pop up D: should i link all of the unit?

"There are no profiles for this OPCOM instance! Please assign troops to this OPCOM!"

I think the message might mean that you have not synced the OPCOM with the placement module(s) for that side when you placed them all in the editor.

I link [F5] OPCOm with

ambient civilian placement

military civilian placement

but still getting this message

Do not synch OPCOM to Ambient Civilian Placement (a military commander can't command civilians!) The Military Placement modules linked to OPCOM must be set to spawn some units. If you have it set to Objectives Only, it won't spawn anything and OPCOM will have nothing to command.

Please check the wiki and the tutorial videos, they would really help answer these basic questions.

Do not synch OPCOM to Ambient Civilian Placement (a military commander can't command civilians!) The Military Placement modules linked to OPCOM must be set to spawn some units. If you have it set to Objectives Only, it won't spawn anything and OPCOM will have nothing to command.

Please check the wiki and the tutorial videos, they would really help answer these basic questions.

Thanks I'll look wiki more carefull. it could be much greatful if i understand that sentence i mentioned before

But i'm still stuck at that keybinding. should i have to buy the new keyboard for binding the useraction 20 key if my keyboard dosen't have "right side windowkey" even i can still bind useraction 20 key but can't open alive pannle?

Edited by kgino1045

Is it possible to let ALiVe spawn enemies in houses? I'm talking of Takistan and Chernarus from the A3MP.

We only discover at max 3 patrols in the outskirts of a town, not even INSIDE of them!

(I have a working CQB and Opcom Module -> with MIl Placement and MIL CIV Placement)

LG

Moony

CQB units do enter/guard buildings, but they will also patrol between them occasionaly. Your AI numbers may be set quite low or hitting one of the AI limiters. You can increase the density of CQB and/or add a TAOR marker for MCP to increase the numbers of AI in the area.

Everything is set to high and the numbers are pretty high too.

Is it better to use Occupation (which I have) or Invasion?

Taor Marker isn't a option after it is a Dynamic mission. Everywhere on the map there should be enemys spawning (of course, only in the surrounding of a player ^^)

Do I need to sync the player to anything? (Profile system or the CQB?)

Everything is set to high and the numbers are pretty high too.

Is it better to use Occupation (which I have) or Invasion?

Taor Marker isn't a option after it is a Dynamic mission. Everywhere on the map there should be enemys spawning (of course, only in the surrounding of a player ^^)

Do I need to sync the player to anything? (Profile system or the CQB?)

don't need to sync CQB or profile system. If you have the CQB module properly setup (maybe try turning on debug to check for X's indicating units spawned in the building) it should spawn enemies in the buildings that are identified as CQB compatible. I have ALIVE missions for pretty much every supported map (I turned into a mission making ALIVE junkie) and the CQB module definitely works on Takistan (not so much on chernarus because there aren't a lot of enterable buildings)

Hey guys, I asked this question a few pages back, but nobody answered so I thought I'd ask again

I was wondering if the civilian placement modules can be made to set more civilians in an area. When I set the placement level to 'Extreme,' it only places about 20 civilians even in a very large town, making it difficult to even encounter them. Before the civilian modules were introduced, I was using the CQB module and the density was very good

I was also wondering if there's civilian traffic between towns. I'd like to have missions where that sort of ambience is occurring, but I don't know if there's a way to manipulate traffic.

Thank you

Ambient Civilian Placement is capped pretty heavily to maintain server performance in favour of military AI. This may get balanced some as we develop Insurgency more. For now, if you want really high density then a combination of Ambient Civ Placement and CQB set to a Civ faction is your best bet.

There is no ambient civilian traffic at the moment.

Hi. Nice job, im adicted to edit missions with alive.

I have a question about your future plans.

Are you going to create a placement to place units outside of villages? for an example on a forest.

If its true this help to organize ai in all of map to save performance.

Many thanks for your nice work.

We're considering bringing back something similar to Dynamic Enemy Pop from MSO, which created random compositions across the map. However, the current focus for ALiVE is to use the existing military and civilian installation on maps. In the meantime, you can create custom objectives for OPCOM anywhere on the map by placing a BIS location logic and calling a script for OPCOM to send units there. Please see the wiki for further details.

Ok!!! i try this next time. At moment i place units manually and sync with profiler module.

Thanks for quick support!!

Quick question: is there any way to either a) change a Mil Placement module's faction via a trigger/script or b) call a list of TAORs from a dynamic array via script (to accomplish the same thing?) What I'm hoping to do is create captureable objectives; instead of a long drawn out battle, once enough of one faction's forces at an objective have been wittled down, the invading faction can capture the area and set up their own assets/base there. Is this feasible?

Ambient Civilian Placement is capped pretty heavily to maintain server performance in favour of military AI. This may get balanced some as we develop Insurgency more. For now, if you want really high density then a combination of Ambient Civ Placement and CQB set to a Civ faction is your best bet.

There is no ambient civilian traffic at the moment.

Cool, thanks for info.

I did place some civilians and saw them driving around a little bit, so that might work for now. I can't wait to see what you guys do with Insurgency, since it seems it'll bring in even more cool features.

I was going to ask some more questions, but I think I'll explore this mod a bit more and maybe figure it all out for myself if possible. So much fun

Quick question: is there any way to either a) change a Mil Placement module's faction via a trigger/script or b) call a list of TAORs from a dynamic array via script (to accomplish the same thing?) What I'm hoping to do is create captureable objectives; instead of a long drawn out battle, once enough of one faction's forces at an objective have been wittled down, the invading faction can capture the area and set up their own assets/base there. Is this feasible?

Not fully sure I understand what you want to achieve. Or I am but you seem to be over complicating it. I think? Anyway, OPCOM already captures objectives and assigns forces to guard them. The enemy of course may attempt to recapture them if the objectives are in their TAOR.

If you want to create an enemy Occupation force that doesn't counter attack once they've been pushed out, you could try placing a Mil Placement module with a TAOR covering that area (and/or CQB) but don't give them an OPCOM. Then put down a second Mil Placement for your BLUFOR troops with an OPCOM on Invasion mode. You can experiment with different uses of MP/MCP either creating objectives only or spawning units, synced to OPCOM in different modes to get a range of effects (or not synced at all). It's all very flexible!

Hey guys been running into a odd issue with the alive military modules. I keep setting the weight to be light infantry but it keeps on wanting to spawn tanks and other heavy assets. Is there a way to restrict it from spawning certain vehicles or units? This is with a military civ placement synced with opcom.

hey mate!

we are going to look into that!

thanks for joining in

Hi highhead,

Thx for your quick reply. Great support !

Just to add more information. I had to put Independant friendly with "East" for the convoy to be friendly with Independant... really strange :) (Maybe game/mission issue itself).

I didn't had the time to test on a clean mission to see If the bug can be reproduced.

Don't hesitate if you want the mission file.

thx

The weighting is a bias towards that unit type and deliberately not too specific - ALiVE at its heart is meant to be a bit fuzzy around the edges. If you want fine control of unit types, put them in manually and Profile them for OPCOM to use. ALiVE groups emulate GENFOR combined arms battlegroups but with a degree of randomisation, so you will always get a few combat support and combat service support elements working alongside the main body of enemy.

We are nevertheless considering a limited blacklist/whitelist option for MP/MCP, mainly geared towards people who want pure infantry scenarios with no AA weapons, but you have to understand that this rather goes against our vision for an ALiVE battlefield.

The weighting is a bias towards that unit type and deliberately not too specific - ALiVE at its heart is meant to be a bit fuzzy around the edges. If you want fine control of unit types, put them in manually and Profile them for OPCOM to use. ALiVE groups emulate GENFOR combined arms battlegroups but with a degree of randomisation, so you will always get a few combat support and combat service support elements working alongside the main body of enemy.

We are nevertheless considering a limited blacklist/whitelist option for MP/MCP, mainly geared towards people who want pure infantry scenarios with no AA weapons, but you have to understand that this rather goes against our vision for an ALiVE battlefield.

okay good to know. Thanks for the timely response and can't wait to learn more about this great mod.

Hi Alive Team,

I was wondering is there a way to count cached units? I've looked around at a few thread and a few mods/scripts with caching. My issue is AISS2 uses a count _units. Obviously from what I've read this is a conflict. lol But I cannot find a work around. May not be using the right searches. idk Anyways any help would be appreciated. :) So far this is the only conflict with AISS2 and ALiVE that I'm seeing. AND Btw This mod is pure genius!!! I finally got to play around with it today.

Thanks in advance.

Hi highhead,

Thx for your quick reply. Great support !

Just to add more information. I had to put Independant friendly with "East" for the convoy to be friendly with Independant... really strange :) (Maybe game/mission issue itself).

I didn't had the time to test on a clean mission to see If the bug can be reproduced.

Don't hesitate if you want the mission file.

thx

Thanks for reporting, a fix is with the testers for.... well.....erm....testing ;)

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Hi Alive Team,

I was wondering is there a way to count cached units? I've looked around at a few thread and a few mods/scripts with caching. My issue is AISS2 uses a count _units. Obviously from what I've read this is a conflict. lol But I cannot find a work around. May not be using the right searches. idk Anyways any help would be appreciated. :) So far this is the only conflict with AISS2 and ALiVE that I'm seeing. AND Btw This mod is pure genius!!! I finally got to play around with it today.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mikey,

Take a look at the Script Snippets here You may find something to help you.

If not join our Skype channel.