wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

EDIT: We will try to provide an updated version to prevent the warning during startup of new stable ASAP! in case you get it, its just an information, so nuttn broken :)

Edited by highhead

anyone reporting issues, please try to run the game with NO MODS other than CBA and ALiVE, at this point we are trying to narrow down if this is a compatibility issue or something more serious. If your problems persist with clean testbed, POST A PASTEBIN of your RPT file. There is not much we can do with vague reports.

I love you guys!

Greetings, Keep up the great work. Big fan of the Alive module. Just wanted to say I really like the way the CQB module populates and then the units patrol from building to building and also their ability to patrol accessible rooftops. Please keep this feature.

I have searched through the thread for CQB related news and was wondering what the state of it's further development is. Are there plans to shift the spawned units off of the client and onto the server to handle the FPS loss? I hope so. I have been trying to create an insurgency style mission in some larger towns with above 10% CQB presence but it really drags down client FPS while the server just blazes along. Always anticipating the next update as I know there are many WIP aspects of the module. Kudos!

Hey comrades!

Official post will follow but.....

Just a quick update for avoiding the warnings with new stable, get it here until we updated our website http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/files

laters :)

thanks

Thanks highhead, that update resolved the issue of AI not spawning on our Altis mission. The map is fully populated again now :)

Cheers guys.

Greetings, Keep up the great work. Big fan of the Alive module. Just wanted to say I really like the way the CQB module populates and then the units patrol from building to building and also their ability to patrol accessible rooftops. Please keep this feature.

I have searched through the thread for CQB related news and was wondering what the state of it's further development is. Are there plans to shift the spawned units off of the client and onto the server to handle the FPS loss? I hope so. I have been trying to create an insurgency style mission in some larger towns with above 10% CQB presence but it really drags down client FPS while the server just blazes along. Always anticipating the next update as I know there are many WIP aspects of the module. Kudos!

Funny, i implemented exactly that on Monday, a simple dropdown on the module for server, JIP, HC :)

Great news about the CQB improvements. Thanks for the reply. Way to keep up with posts. Just saw the new version on the Alive site. Downloaded and ready to implement. I am sure with all you devs have to keep track of this is a minor if not insignificant detail but the box graphic on your download page is out of date. Serious question. Are we allowed to post missions with the alive module on the Steam Workshop?

Great news about the CQB improvements. Thanks for the reply. Way to keep up with posts. Just saw the new version on the Alive site. Downloaded and ready to implement. I am sure with all you devs have to keep track of this is a minor if not insignificant detail but the box graphic on your download page is out of date. Serious question. Are we allowed to post missions with the alive module on the Steam Workshop?

Hi Romeo, yes our in house box maker wasn't available to knock up a new one. So instead of delaying we just went with it!

Of course you can post missions wherever you want, if you send it to us we can host it up on our site too.

It's curious but I've never seen this error people keep talking about? A3 Stable 1.12, ALiVE 0.5.8.1402211, as reported by PWS. This new patch, does it offer any changes other than getting rid of this error I don't get? I'm a PWS fan and if it shows up there I'll update it but if I don't really need it I don't see any logic in manually installing it (without PWS).

Thanks!

Funny, i implemented exactly that on Monday, a simple dropdown on the module for server, JIP, HC :)

Is this simple dropdown for the CQB module to place unit calculations on server, JIP, HC in the new update just released because I am not seeing it?

Is this simple dropdown for the CQB module to place unit calculations on server, JIP, HC in the new update just released because I am not seeing it?

Today's small release was just to stop the versioning messages. The CQB additions will possibly be in the next major release.

Is anyone else getting a bug that once you make any changes to one of the Alive modules in the editor, units don't spawn until you restart Arma since the latest stable branch patch?

Correction; after starting Arma and loading an Alive mission first time works fine, if you try again then no units are spawned. Regardless of making changes to the Modules.

Edited by Sharpie7051

Is anyone else getting a bug that once you make any changes to one of the Alive modules in the editor, units don't spawn until you restart Arma since the latest stable branch patch?

Correction; after starting Arma and loading an Alive mission first time works fine, if you try again then no units are spawned. Regardless of making changes to the Modules.

I have not experienced that. I have been working on a new mission and running preview from the editor constantly, going back and forth from editor to preview and back to editor. No problems on my end. Units spawn every time.

Thanks Zlin and Serjames; I guess I'll do more troubleshooting and get to the bottom of what changed on my end.

Thanks Zlin and Serjames; I guess I'll do more troubleshooting and get to the bottom of what changed on my end.

Its not just you, I thought my issues were solved but I only checked in editor preview where the map was populated with enemy but when I hosted back on server the amount of AI are not showing as they were in preview and when I go to an enemy or friendly position nothing is there and the active position marker disappears from map.

Nothing has changed apart from latest ARMA update, I will check the server install again.

Its not just you, I thought my issues were solved but I only checked in editor preview where the map was populated with enemy but when I hosted back on server the amount of AI are not showing as they were in preview and when I go to an enemy or friendly position nothing is there and the active position marker disappears from map.

Nothing has changed apart from latest ARMA update, I will check the server install again.

Ritter; I believe I've found the problem; seems to be related to MCC. If your running MCC try disabling it and see if that helps; You could be having the same issue I am.

Ritter; I believe I've found the problem; seems to be related to MCC. If your running MCC try disabling it and see if that helps; You could be having the same issue I am.

Iv beeb battling with this problem for a month.I too,thought it was MCC,but its not.Consider it more of a random thing,its simply (for reasons i cant explain,may cpu related) that Alive placements can take up to 20minutes to intialize,particularly the CIV placements.Some people have not/do not experience this,which is why i think its cpu related maybe,but i have to wait for my CIV placements for quiet a while,usually in the diebriefing,the MIL placements load up,and hand placed units,but not CIV ones,unitll i enter the game,and be very patient(all this offline sp) What i can say for sure,is having hand placed units down (say more than 69 groups) does make the initilizing slower,even if those groups spawn quickly in debriefing screen.

My advice just be patient,iv had Alive team look at my problem before and they get it working on their end,so again,its why i think its a rig issue.

---------- Post added at 04:58 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

@ ALIVE team,

Just saw the new video for the CIV module,looks fantastic.

What i really liked was the civ hostility,i never thought of that before and a clip in your video gave me an idea.

Just a small suggestion....Is it possible,to put a random setting on those hostility options? And relating to that point,would it be possible to make it so,that when players get close to hostile civs,they sometimes are not hostile....untill players take their gaurd down.

A clip in the vid shows blufor outside a house,and three civs walking out,would be cool if one of those civs were not hostile for a minute or so,then suddenly pulled a makarov or glock on the troops....even a grenade etc...I ask because anything seems to be possible with ARMA modding/scripting,and with Alive team at the wheel at this stage i think people including me expect alot lol

your doing a great service things keep getting better!

ALiVE team, I'm noticing frequent vehicle spawns on top of objects causing them to explode. Are my markers too small??

Some cinematic fun with the suicide bombers function of the civilian modules. ;)

I was editing a mission last night and had the very same issue. When the error appeared it usually worked If i exited preview and went back in again. This was all in editor due to the mission being far from ready for MP-testing :)

Enabling or disabling MCC didn't affect anything for me.

What happened on my end was that when it wasn't working, the TAOR-marker (the actual ellipse marker drawn in the editor) was visible in the map and didn't disapear even if waiting for a good solid 10 minutes.

But as redarmy says, waiting a few minutes fixed it once for me, but then the TAOR was picked up from the get go and the marker wasn't visible like the case in the pagraph above.

Running stable, ~15 mods and ALiVE 0.5.8 1403061.

Frikkin' love ALiVE tho. The "dynamicness" created by ALiVE makes mission soooo much more awesome than before :D

I was editing a mission last night and had the very same issue. When the error appeared it usually worked If i exited preview and went back in again. This was all in editor due to the mission being far from ready for MP-testing :)

Enabling or disabling MCC didn't affect anything for me.

What happened on my end was that when it wasn't working, the TAOR-marker (the actual ellipse marker drawn in the editor) was visible in the map and didn't disapear even if waiting for a good solid 10 minutes.

But as redarmy says, waiting a few minutes fixed it once for me, but then the TAOR was picked up from the get go and the marker wasn't visible like the case in the pagraph above.

Running stable, ~15 mods and ALiVE 0.5.8 1403061.

Frikkin' love ALiVE tho. The "dynamicness" created by ALiVE makes mission soooo much more awesome than before :D

Yeah guys if your still having trouble with it,try testing by lowering the force wieghting number(not the amount of placements)but do try to make multiple taor markers for one placement module.Also,if you have hand placed units that are put down,but also have placement units spawning from same faction,remove hand placed units or make placements spawn only objectives,thats what works best for me,but i still am waiting up to 20 minutes for 3 CIV placements covered by the same TAOR marker to load,along with 60 hand placed units(entities) and twoMIL placements(which load fine always)

Let me know if there is any significant change in initilizing as it will help me and others better understand why things wont spawn from time to time.Im sure the ALIVE team are up tot heir eyeballs rite now,but post your findings from what i said so we can have a better picture and maybe figure this out.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Guys,i think arma3 just had ANOTHER update today,2 and counting.Alive will not work with current version.There goes my friday night

[/color]Guys,i think arma3 just had ANOTHER update today,2 and counting.Alive will not work with current version.There goes my friday night

So your saying you have tested ALiVE with the latest update and it doesn't work? What doesn't work exactly, what errors or issues are you getting?