wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I call 'fake'! At 30 seconds seeing that many vehicles that close together ... this is NOT Arma3! Where are the crashes, the swerving? I bet ArJay has used attachto !!

Just kidding .... looks amazing!

My thoughts exactly.

The civvies are coming along nicely.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ALiVE + Sangin and all the goodies Smokedog is working on for it is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see this in action with civilian structures that have you know, furniture and towns that aren't populated by frat boys.

Here's the real question:

How does ALiVE NOT win "Make ArmA not war?

You guys submitting it?

is there / going to be, a option to have support dissapear (not show) until a trigger is activated ? simulating support not availible for X time and after that its availible (or set objective is met)

Dear ALiVE team. Immensely enjoyed another mission (using your mod as the main enemy generator) this past weekend with my fireteam.

Reviewing my gameplay vids, one of my teammates noticed an issue with CAS radio chatter giving wrong grid references. For instance, I click on Altis at 207088 and that ref is comm'd to the heli. The heli replied with something like "...will provide support at 208072..." which is actually the ref for our base. The pilot always reported our base grid ref rather than where we called them to. Is this a bug?

Not noticed this, nor has anyone else raised it as yet, I will take a look thanks for raising it.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

My thoughts exactly.

The civvies are coming along nicely.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ALiVE + Sangin and all the goodies Smokedog is working on for it is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see this in action with civilian structures that have you know, furniture and towns that aren't populated by frat boys.

Here's the real question:

How does ALiVE NOT win "Make ArmA not war?

You guys submitting it?

Indeed Pugs, I also cannot wait to try ALiVE on Sangin!

As a collective Dev Team, we made an early decision that we are not going to enter the competition.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

is there / going to be, a option to have support dissapear (not show) until a trigger is activated ? simulating support not availible for X time and after that its availible (or set objective is met)

It's on a list of nice things to have, but all feature request for Combat Support are in hold, while we concentrate on getting more goodies out like persistence, convoys, ambience etc.

probably a stupid question but how to move the alive menu key away from F?

X39 I think it's mapped to User Custom Key "20" or it is in my version...

SJ

How will ALiVE be made compatible with Zeus?

We have tested allowing control of ALiVE generated units to be controllable by Zeus, and have also tested hooking up the Zeus camera as something that triggers profile spawning and despawning, unfortunately we have had a number of crash to desktop issues with this so we are waiting to see if Zeus becomes more stable as time goes on before we release the code.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

probably a stupid question but how to move the alive menu key away from F?

You probably mapped user key 20 to F for the A10 mod, A10 has now changed that binding I think so you could map it to something else, or use the default which is the app key (if you have one on your keyboard)

Insurgency ALiVE loads up fine on my client server, but will not load to the map screen on my dedicated server. I can pick my role, hit continue and

after the loading bars fills up, nothing... Already packed to pbo with only required mods and task force radio enabled on server. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Insurgency ALiVE loads up fine on my client server, but will not load to the map screen on my dedicated server. I can pick my role, hit continue and

after the loading bars fills up, nothing... Already packed to pbo with only required mods and task force radio enabled on server. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Insurgency does take a while to init, are you waiting for a while to see if it finaly gets there?

Insurgency does take a while to init, are you waiting for a while to see if it finaly gets there?

Yes, I've waited up to 10 min, should I wait longer? It's a rented NFO server, but I've not had trouble loading or getting anything else to work on it except this mission. My own little ALiVE missions work fine on all the maps. Great mod btw. :)

Yes, I've waited up to 10 min, should I wait longer? It's a rented NFO server, but I've not had trouble loading or getting anything else to work on it except this mission. My own little ALiVE missions work fine on all the maps. Great mod btw. :)

Yeah might be worth doing, also please check your servers RPT file to see if anything in there is giving an indication of failure. If theres something in there that looks iffy, stick it in a pastebin and pm me the url.

Must have been HH and his kinky 69 fetish

Haha yeah was thinkin that. HH you mean highhead? He is in charge of that department,maybe hgh head can shed some light for me :)

What's up guys! Loving the mod, it's great. Recently I got permission to edit hezbollah and the Syrian Arab army from opfor to blufor (i want to run them against the aggressors "fsa").

This went fine, but now when the groups are called in by ALiVE they are all confused and gun each other down. In the pbo is there any part that I may need to edit to make them understand that they are now blufor as they are clearly confused.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work, this stuff is outstanding!

God this mod seems so awesome, yet with all the videos and tutorials, and sample missions, I still do cant do anything with this mid, I understand placing modules. but making them all connect and setting them up properly to use different factions and persistant battles is way over my head. I never really got into the editor and have been playing since OFp, I always relied on the great mission makers to get my fix. But I really would love to figure this out to the fullest. Like the above, I would love to do a FSA vs Syrian army scenario. If you do get that worked out please publish it. I wish there was a training course on twitch or something to teach us everything like a lecture in college lol. It's so much more interesting then y=mx=b lol

Sorry mate, cannot publish it, Drongo has kindly given permission for us to reverse engineer the mod for personal use, but not to publish it mate. You'll have to convince Drongo that there is enough desire for a BLUFOR SAA/Hezbollah, if you want, I could tell you how I did it and you could do it too.

Further to this, it is very easy to get an ALiVE mission going, at least, a rudimentary battle between two forces AI commanded. Where are you getting stuck?

God this mod seems so awesome, yet with all the videos and tutorials, and sample missions, I still do cant do anything with this mid, I understand placing modules. but making them all connect and setting them up properly to use different factions and persistant battles is way over my head. I never really got into the editor and have been playing since OFp, I always relied on the great mission makers to get my fix. But I really would love to figure this out to the fullest. Like the above, I would love to do a FSA vs Syrian army scenario. If you do get that worked out please publish it. I wish there was a training course on twitch or something to teach us everything like a lecture in college lol. It's so much more interesting then y=mx=b lol

Well the tutorials will give you a pretty good idea, and don't forget to download the missions that go with the tutorials on the website, and also the sample missions. If you use those as a basis for learning you will get there in the end. If you want to join the public skype channel where you can ask questions send me a PM with your skype details and I can add you in.

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Update on persistence? (I know, I am anooying as hell)

Coming along nicely Acoustic, it will be ready Soontm :)

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

What's up guys! Loving the mod, it's great. Recently I got permission to edit hezbollah and the Syrian Arab army from opfor to blufor (i want to run them against the aggressors "fsa").

This went fine, but now when the groups are called in by ALiVE they are all confused and gun each other down. In the pbo is there any part that I may need to edit to make them understand that they are now blufor as they are clearly confused.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work, this stuff is outstanding!

I saw this happen with a couple of mods I was testing, you might need to check that you have side defined at the group level, failing that I would see if you can ping O'Hally or Drongo, I'm pretty sure they had the same issue.

Good to see Zeus camera triggering profiling - pure awesomeness. What about other cameras? I'm thinking about the one in VTS for instance or in MCC.

Feature request:

Add a readiness level variable to units/placement modules. In the placement module, you might set the % of forces that are "ready" to 20%. This would mean that 80% of forces would be garrisoned (rather than on patrol) and/or dismounted from their vehicles (crew included). These forces would behave passively until they are either directly engaged (in real space) or given an order due to a nearby threat (in real or virtual space).

Feature request:

Add a readiness level variable to units/placement modules. In the placement module, you might set the % of forces that are "ready" to 20%. This would mean that 80% of forces would be garrisoned (rather than on patrol) and/or dismounted from their vehicles (crew included). These forces would behave passively until they are either directly engaged (in real space) or given an order due to a nearby threat (in real or virtual space).

Please log feature requests here for review, otherwise it will not be considered.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues/new

Thanks

Gunny

Can the OPCOM utilize game logic objectives that are added on the fly when the game's on the way (non-preplaced)? Can the MIL/CIV/CQB placement modules be updated with additional blacklist markers?

Can the OPCOM utilize game logic objectives that are added on the fly when the game's on the way (non-preplaced)? Can the MIL/CIV/CQB placement modules be updated with additional blacklist markers?

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

//will register a position as an objective to all OPCOMs in the current mission

if (isServer) then {
{
	[_x,"addObjective",	[
							str(time),		//ID (string)
							getposATL thisTrigger,	//position
							100,			//size
							"MIL"			//type
				]
	] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM;
} foreach OPCOM_INSTANCES;
};

Not sure about your second question though I would guess no.

Watch the vids, download sample missions from alivemod.com. Start your first mission to be very, very basic, then build it up in stages to make it more complex (while keeping copies of your old missions because you will invariably get almost to the stage you want, and then break it).

Feature request:

oh! I like that one!