wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

guys if i place editor units,and put there name in the opcom drop box for opcom to controll,do they still get reinforced through logistics even though they didnt spawn in a placement?

And if they do get reinforced do they get reinforced with the same unit type?

thanks

Think ARJay knows best, but without looking at the code id say mil logistics needs mil placement units to reeinforce!

Laters

I've seen the code params for the F18 somewhere so I can use it for CAS, can someone point me in the right direction. When I use the CAS in game it gives me a buzzard.

Just put the F18 classname into the CAS module for aircraft to use.

How do I find faction classnames? I'm trying to add the Finnish Defense Forces.

Contact the mod author, or have a look in CfgFactionClasses in the config viewer.

is it possible to create ambient traffic all around with this? or, can a script be used to create civilian traffic all over the map and will they be profiled by ALiVE?

Think ARJay knows best, but without looking at the code id say mil logistics needs mil placement units to reeinforce!

Laters

Ok cheers highead,i did test it a little and the reinforcments did occur but seemed much less than usuall and did ot reproduce the same unit tyoe.

It could and prolly was only reinforcing the default placement-spawned units.

is it possible to create ambient traffic all around with this? or, can a script be used to create civilian traffic all over the map and will they be profiled by ALiVE?

Hi,

ALiVE at the moment creates traffic for all military groups with vehicles. We are at the moment implementing and testing persistence (aka. Mission - saving) and afterwards or maybe even in parallel we are going to integrate our plans for civlians, which also include civilian traffic of course. In the meanwhile you could take a look at ARJays Agent system or TPWs ambient civlians, should be quite easy to put in yout mission!

Laters

Another thing, this may be very specific, but I'm not sure if it's within the scope of ALiVE

I want to set up a dynamic, persistent warzone type thing, where enemy forces will grow in size over time, move from site to site, things like that. as I've seen, the military placement modules let you choose a set size, but I don't see a way to create military movement to new areas (though I haven't looked at how OPCOM deals with objectives yet, seems related), "recruiting" or growing in size so that we have to hit them hard after a while, etc.

I also recall MSO having things like civilian relations, where they would throw rocks at your team if you were in bad standing with them, for example. I think it would add a lot of atmosphere and life to all this if civilians could move and respond to enemy occupation, ambient civilian traffic, and enemies coming in and slowly occupying locations covertly

any tips about all this would be appreciated. i know some of it is very specific and just really ideas, but if any of it is related to something we might get in ALiVE, it would be cool to know about

thanks for the response, by the way. I'm having a blast messing with these modules

Another thing, this may be very specific, but I'm not sure if it's within the scope of ALiVE

I want to set up a dynamic, persistent warzone type thing, where enemy forces will grow in size over time, move from site to site, things like that. as I've seen, the military placement modules let you choose a set size, but I don't see a way to create military movement to new areas (though I haven't looked at how OPCOM deals with objectives yet, seems related), "recruiting" or growing in size so that we have to hit them hard after a while, etc.

I also recall MSO having things like civilian relations, where they would throw rocks at your team if you were in bad standing with them, for example. I think it would add a lot of atmosphere and life to all this if civilians could move and respond to enemy occupation, ambient civilian traffic, and enemies coming in and slowly occupying locations covertly

any tips about all this would be appreciated. i know some of it is very specific and just really ideas, but if any of it is related to something we might get in ALiVE, it would be cool to know about

thanks for the response, by the way. I'm having a blast messing with these modules

See an example how to create new objectives for OPCOM on the fly a few posts back! There is a snippet on our wiki. All the other points is exactly what we are doing in ALiVE. If its not yet there yet, it just hasnt been finished.

Some patience, patience :)

thank you, I'll look farther into what we have now. awesome work you guys are doing, can't wait for what's to come

Is it possible to use ALiVE to create ambient vehicles without placing units? I'm using the CQB module to populate a town and wish to add some ambient vehicles without adding extra military placement units.

Is it possible to use ALiVE to create ambient vehicles without placing units? I'm using the CQB module to populate a town and wish to add some ambient vehicles without adding extra military placement units.

Not at the moment GDSN, ambient vehicles are only spawned around mil placement locations, and only when place units option is selected. We will be working on ambient vehicle placement for towns in the civilian modules for ALiVE.

Not at the moment GDSN, ambient vehicles are only spawned around mil placement locations, and only when place units option is selected. We will be working on ambient vehicle placement for towns in the civilian modules for ALiVE.

Excellent, thanks for your reply.

Hey Guys.

I want to create a mission in UTES from the A3MAP pack.

In this map exists a US Carrier. I wanna place over the carrier the combat support modules. As you know you have to set to the units the elevation to appear on.

How can I put the elevation at the modules to have in the carrier the combat support modules? Any idea? Code to put in the init of the modules? Or What can I do?

The concrete elevation is 18m.

BR

Hey Guys.

I want to create a mission in UTES from the A3MAP pack.

In this map exists a US Carrier. I wanna place over the carrier the combat support modules. As you know you have to set to the units the elevation to appear on.

How can I put the elevation at the modules to have in the carrier the combat support modules? Any idea? Code to put in the init of the modules? Or What can I do?

The concrete elevation is 18m.

BR

In each of the modules, there is a field where you type the Spawn Height, put 18 in there.

Heya!

So I have all my CAS stationed at the main airbase. Main airbase gets over run by opfor. I ghost in to see how bad the carnage is and of course the opfor (profiles) are engaging the CAS helis that are sitting there waiting for orders. Helicopter eventually explodes... and eventually respawns. Rinse and repeat. Is there any way to make CAS unavailable as long as the sector it is housed in is under enemy control?

(Sorry, my Skype has been misbehaving lately!)

Heya!

So I have all my CAS stationed at the main airbase. Main airbase gets over run by opfor. I ghost in to see how bad the carnage is and of course the opfor (profiles) are engaging the CAS helis that are sitting there waiting for orders. Helicopter eventually explodes... and eventually respawns. Rinse and repeat. Is there any way to make CAS unavailable as long as the sector it is housed in is under enemy control?

(Sorry, my Skype has been misbehaving lately!)

Hi Oktyabr,

It is something on my list that I have thought would be a great addition, Combat Support will not have any more feature requests added now until we have got other things we are working on sorted.

I have realised that I have spent too much time on this Module, and other items are being pushed back, but yes it is on the list.

Thanks

Gunny

YO COMRADES!

Let me show you some WIP of our warroom page after we released it to our closed testing group! As data is flowing, the site grows and grows! I personally love the personal stats and performance page most! Hopefully i can add more screens in the upcoming hours!

http://m.imgur.com/a/r3y4o

Prepare...

In each of the modules, there is a field where you type the Spawn Height, put 18 in there.

Hi Gunny

Many thanks for your support here.

I wanna report you a bug in UTES.

After several tries the choppers in the combat support module doesn´t recognize the US Carrier like available to land.

"Unable to comply the order at designated coordinates".

Do you know why is this caused for? Is there any solution.

Thanks again.

YO COMRADES!

Let me show you some WIP of our warroom page after we released it to our closed testing group! As data is flowing, the site grows and grows! I personally love the personal stats and performance page most! Hopefully i can add more screens in the upcoming hours!

Prepare...

I think I can fap to this. Thank you! It's awesome. Can't wait to see my stats there :cool:

EDIT:

Oh I want to report something. I don't know why but when I give an order to the air transport unit (Combat Support Module) to go RTB, the chopper just lands like 100m away from my position. It happened almost everytime last night in your "Hell of Zargabad" demo mission. (Yes, I added Air Transport Support to it).

Any logical reason?

Edited by AlexSegen

Alive team,

have you considered ever implementing some kind of AI controlled cas transport script into your mod?

Just a thought so hear me out....While playing Alive,sp mainly,i just tried to take on the role of a helo pilot,transporting AI to the battlefield and strategic objectives,and with the help of MCC,using its group generator to load profiled(currently spawned) troops into my chopper,then proceed to a location,drop them,give the SAD waypoints to an objective then RTB to pickup more.

It was alot of fun,especially with random AA and that and constantly updating alive placements changing hands and then needing to relocate etc etc,from the role of a helo pilot in sp,its the best i can come up with as from a performance point of view,no other mod can i be in a battlefield and take this role of helo support/transporter.

However,because of the profilig,the afformentioned MCC group generator stops working as troops eventually refuse to load/unload.

I just thought of how much more immersion some kind of AI or player pilot role it could bring to Alive watching infantry being airlifted into zones instead of a stampede to the finish line if you know what i mean.

Hope you get the angle which im coming from,butim also aware the profile system limits waypoints,but considering i slightly got around it with MC features,is there a way it could ever be implemented.Purely for immersion,a small touch that would add tons of ambience i feel.

Thanks for reading

YO COMRADES!

Prepare...

Very, very sexah. Looks quite state of the art. Almost begs that A3 got a facelift to keep up ;)

Alive team,

have you considered ever implementing some kind of AI controlled cas transport script into your mod?...

...I just thought of how much more immersion some kind of AI or player pilot role it could bring to Alive watching infantry being airlifted into zones instead of a stampede to the finish line if you know what i mean.

I like that idea. For more immersion imagine if the Logistics module transported some of the fresh replacement troops by air too. You, the player, might be near the front and see/hear an AI heli touch down long enough for a bunch of AI troops to jump out and then RTB for more troops/supplies. Have two or three choppers flying all over the place like this (or more). Jump in a CAS/Transport helicopter as pilot and receive tasks that fit the position. :)

Very, very sexah. Looks quite state of the art. Almost begs that A3 got a facelift to keep up ;)

I like that idea. For more immersion imagine if the Logistics module transported some of the fresh replacement troops by air too. You, the player, might be near the front and see/hear an AI heli touch down long enough for a bunch of AI troops to jump out and then RTB for more troops/supplies. Have two or three choppers flying all over the place like this (or more). Jump in a CAS/Transport helicopter as pilot and receive tasks that fit the position. :)

Yes,thats exactly what im talking about,thank you for wording it as such.

Tasks for the player are great idea.I took this idea from watching dyslexcis shack tac vids and rally enjoying watching him fill the role of helo pilot and dropping troops off and getting in to all kinds of awesome situations.But trying to replicate something like that in sp is hard and a hog on FPS if i dont use ALIVE.