Custom setting with .9 skill and .5 precision works brilliantly.

Custom setting with .9 skill and .5 precision works brilliantly.

Maturin, is this for SP or MP? If for MP, what type?

oukej

On the http://dev.arma3.com/oprep-ai-configuration OPREP: AI CONFIGURATION you guys put the same paragraph twice!

CAPTAIN AI'HAB:

For your convenience....Your AI, your call.

LOOSE SLIDERS SINK SHIPS:

For your convenience....Your AI, your call.

Just to let you know!

By the way...AI in arma 3 is the best one, for me there is no need for mods!! Thanks for that!

By the way...AI in arma 3 is the best one, for me there is no need for mods!! Thanks for that!

I must be playing a different game to you then!

I must be playing a different game to you then!

Mods were an absolute necessity for Ai in arma 2. In arma 3 they are not. Arma 3 Ai is, overall, better.

Edited by -Coulum-

Mods were an absolute necessity for Ai in arma 2. In arma 3 they are not. Arma 3 Ai is, overall, better.

Agreed.

Yes, true, but then the indoor environments pose new challenges not found in previous Arma's. For instance, if you are in a fight with AI just run into a house. They will never come after you indoors, only shoot at you if you pop up in a window or similar. So you can normally go upstairs and get an advantage

Maturin, is this for SP or MP? If for MP, what type?

SP in the campaign. Servers always add complication.

SP in the campaign. Servers always add complication.

I agree about SP, 0.9 skill and 0.5 accuracy gives a great experience. Tested in several community custom made missions. Will test on coop as well (dedicated server).

I agree about SP, 0.9 skill and 0.5 accuracy gives a great experience. Tested in several community custom made missions. Will test on coop as well (dedicated server).

Where do I put this at I dont see a area to to put skill and accuarcy in this };

skillFriendly=0.85000002;

skillEnemy=0.75;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

precisionEnemy=0.60000002;

aiLevelPreset=3;

skillAI=0.45000002;

precisionAI=0.2;

Also I'm running Bcombat Ai mod which does have skill and accuarcy cfgskills but not sure how to get these numbers in the value brackets need help thanks heres my bcombat cfgskills class CfgAISkill

{

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0.07,1,0.65};

aimingSpeed[] = {0,0.5,1,1};

aimingShake[] = {0,0,1,1};

endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.1,1,0.3};

spotTime[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

courage[] = {0,0,1,1};

reloadSpeed[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

general[] = {0,0,1,1};

Where do I put this at I dont see a area to to put skill and accuarcy in this };

skillEnemy=0.75;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

aiLevelPreset=3;

skillAI=0.45000002;

precisionAI=0.2;

The last couple of lines (in green).

skillEnemy=0.75;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

And these are obsolete and you can remove them.

The last couple of lines (in green).
thank you I shall give them a try

I havent really followed this thread but the AI infantry seem to have picked up their game, maybe they feel more aggressive, quicker movement, flanking.. lots of times I got pinned down and felt they were actively maneuvering to finish the job.

That's just "the feeling" I got playing my simple editor missions :)

And these are obsolete and you can remove them.

You mean setting these parameters in Arma profile file has no effect? Is there any simple way to reduce enemy effectiveness without touching friendly AI?

You mean setting these parameters in Arma profile file has no effect? Is there any simple way to reduce enemy effectiveness without touching friendly AI?

Through the profile parameters - not anymore. There are now global parameters of skill and precision for all AI units. Read latest posts.

the AI don't drive back, bad in tanks. you the commander and say drive back the AI does all - than not drive back ^^ deadly in many situations. in german we say " wedeln " for drive forward and backward in the ambush to give a difficult target. no chance to make this.

give smoke and give the command to the AI "drive backward" no chance ....

you are in a half hidden position for defend or support troops with a tank or ifv. you are spotted by enemy's and will drive back in a full hidden safe zone - no chance .....

the driver commands for the AI are full useless ^^

it would not be better, when you as commander can override the Driver AI. maby with CTRL and W A S d many better in battle situations ^^

and when we have the override option, then we can maybe make hunter killer easy to. press CTRL and Right MOUSE and the main gun follow the commander sight. LEFT MOUSE - fire . release CTRL and the ai has the control over the main gun back .

CTRL = OVERRIDE in the commander place is the new option i'm sure the community will love you for that

EDIT : OH ... i see .. better in the other AI tread sorry :-( my bad

Edited by JgBtl292

Through the profile parameters - not anymore. There are now global parameters of skill and precision for all AI units. Read latest posts.

I was messing around with enemy and friendly skills and precisions and now I read this. So those parameters in the profile file don't affect things anymore? I just want to balance things out more because almost every mission has more enemy AI than friendly.

I was messing around with enemy and friendly skills and precisions and now I read this. So those parameters in the profile file don't affect things anymore? I just want to balance things out more because almost every mission has more enemy AI than friendly.

There's only a global AI setting now in the profile. Friendly-enemy balancing should be now done in the mission.

Are these changes only in the Development Branch, or has it now moved into Stable since the original posting (I don't have a system to check from here at work)?

Are these changes only in the Development Branch, or has it now moved into Stable since the original posting (I don't have a system to check from here at work)?

I believe it is already in the stable.

Since this thing is supposed to be done on mission basis BIS should add a module for setting all the different difficulty settings available via scripting (for synced units/groups), it's a wee bit tedious having to do this unit by unit, especially if you want to go 'deep' with the settings..

I believe it is already in the stable.

Thank you for the reply.

So to clarify and ensure I'm totally clear on this....

My dedicated servers (& clients, if they control AI) '<name>.Arma3Profile' which contains the following lines (within the various sections of the file):

skillFriendly=0.40000001;

skillEnemy=0.40000001;

precisionFriendly=0.18000004;

precisionEnemy=0.18000004;

...can be removed entirely as they are now obsolete?

The above values are replaced with the following:

skillAI=0.45000002;

precisionAI=0.2;

Note: I'm aware the values are dependent to each individuals taste.

Thank you for the reply.

So to clarify and ensure I'm totally clear on this....

My dedicated servers (& clients, if they control AI) '<name>.Arma3Profile' which contains the following lines (within the various sections of the file):

skillFriendly=0.40000001;

skillEnemy=0.40000001;

precisionFriendly=0.18000004;

precisionEnemy=0.18000004;

...can be removed entirely as they are now obsolete?

Yes.

The above values are replaced with the following:

skillAI=0.45000002;

precisionAI=0.2;

Note: I'm aware the values are dependent to each individuals taste.

If you want these custom difficulty parameters to be in effect, make sure to add below them aiLevelPreset=3. See here for detailed explanation.

The result should be:

skillAI=0.45000002;
precisionAI=0.2;
aiLevelPreset=3;

Edited by Variable