sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Copy and Paste, yes. Automatic if your put it in the right corner, yes.

Nothing special you have to do ( exept common sense :P ), No!

Have fun!

Next time, just try it.

Having the same problem as the others. actions for myself work great but i cant get the menu to appear for others.

Having the same problem as the others. actions for myself work great but i cant get the menu to appear for others.

Can you please test this in the example mission?

Do you have a server config? Can you post it here?

INCOMING UPDATE!

incoming.jpg

But first a BIG THANKS to NKey who made this update possible (got plenty of stuff to do currently in RL + XMS2)

GRN

Plenty of fixes have been done

To hosters

please use this video as presentation as its more accurate then the german vid (which has been chosen as it was the first video which was complex enough)

Changelog

0.3.6 BETA
* 0000075: Volume level attenuation is not natural (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/1 )
* 0000072: Earplug not affect in-game volume (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/2 )
* 0000078: Localize action menu (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/4 )
* 0000082: it is possible to use xmedsys button in BIRD spectator (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/5 )
* 0000067: having sidearm selected and trying to drag/carry a unit after that will prevent player from movements (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/6 )
* 0000081: Script error after killking unit (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/8 )
* 0000065: Incorrect frag handing (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/9 )
* 0000066: Buttons not works after CPR (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/13 )
* 0000077: X39_MedSys_var_allowSpeedLimitations_forceWalkAtXD  amage not works (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/12 )
|-	New function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_walkingHandler
\-	X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_Tourniquet_DamagePerTick has new default. Old: 0.1, New: 0.001

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/11iof67gib8li7g/XMedSys_BETA_0.3.6.zip

also a small preview of XMS2 but inside of a spoiler as it has not that much to do with XMedSys ^^

Images are showing outdated inDev stuff (current UI is not looking that different but accurate names ... but yeah ^^)

720x405.resizedimage

720x405.resizedimage

720x405.resizedimage

720x405.resizedimage

wasn't a server just on the editor. and making it into a mission and playing didn't fix the issue. this is with AI as playable characters as far as i know i cant tell with other players or not because i usually just muck about in the editor. I figured it wasn't the AI though reading through previous posts with the same issue.

Again many thanks for informing us about the new release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

XMedSys v0.3.6 Beta

required_addons.png

XActionUI (included)

XLib (included)

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

so i just watched the video first off well done the mod looks really well put together. but one thing i think would add to this mod is if someone is wounded to the point he was in the video maybe make it so he has to be sent to a medical area or something of the sort and be treated there. also the fact that you can carry blood bags is a bit off because from what i know blood bags would last maybe 30min of not being chilled in a cooler of some sort before being being deemed unusable but if you made a Medical vehicle such as a medical BlackHawk(or similar helicopter) you could make it so medics on the ground can do bandages, tourniquet, CPR, etc. but then in the helicopter they could do more complicated things to stabilize the player such as Blood bags, defib, etc. until they reached a medical station in which he could be fully healed and return to battle. this is of course just a suggestion it is your mod so do with it as you please.

Edited by TrevorMcNeill

Is it possible to activate this mod for the campaign?

X39 - really like XMED, your hard work is appreciated.

My group has been using XMED for a few months now and we all enjoy it. I have some feedback/ideas for XMS2 that we have been dreaming about - if you don't mind.

- The vanilla First Aid Kits become useful somehow - maybe make them like a less potent Medikit. So that when you inevitably run out of Medikits you can scavenge them off enemy soldiers/vehicles/boxes/etc.

- The vanilla medical vehicles (the Medical HEMMT, for example) can be used somehow. Either to fix critical injuries, or have a version of the vehicle that is loaded with medical supplies. This could even be done by mission makers just putting some code in the init field, but it might be easier to have something like your X39 Medical Supply crate in the form of a medical vehicle.

- The vanilla Medkit becomes useful but there is a slight chance it can break/destroy with every medical action thus forcing a resupply or scavenge from enemy. Maybe make it so that if a medic is carrying it he gets certain benefits:

---only takes one bandage to stop bleeding (I know you can set this up in the config, but for immersion)

---can do blood transfusions in the field

- With the ALiVE mod, they have something called the War Room that tracks your stats, group stats, live feed of kills, etc. XMED stuff isn't tracked, but the regular First Aid Kit use is. I'm not sure if it is on their end or not, but if the vanilla stuff was used by XMED that would be an easy fix.

Anyways, thanks again for XMED and if you need any help with XMS2 from a small group let me know.

For some reason when I throw the module in, I get "target is unresponsive" and "no pulse" whenever I do a self check. I also have no hud graphics like in the screenshots. Something might be up?

Edit: Found where XMedSys is throwing a problem:

If the mission has "respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory","Tickets"};" specifically the menu screens before respawn are causing the issue. When you spawn you with XMedSys it is saying you have no pulse, etc. Yet, when I remove this and spawn directly on the map position, there is no problem.

Sort of need the menu selection for the mission though. Any way that health status can be reset after the menu selection?

Edit2: So, it seems the player isn't being initialized correctly when the respawntemplates are in place. With the admin console you can run the lines "player call X39_MedSys_fnc_initializePlayer;" once all players are in the game to start them off. But I've yet to find a way to make sure this call is run after the player has spawned for the first time on the server, but after spawning for the first time. That may be a viable workaround till this gets patched.

Edited by Eudiphon

wasn't a server just on the editor. and making it into a mission and playing didn't fix the issue. this is with AI as playable characters as far as i know i cant tell with other players or not because i usually just muck about in the editor. I figured it wasn't the AI though reading through previous posts with the same issue.

Did you try the example mission? You need to initialize AI if you want it to work on them. Look in the example mission for how it's done.

hello, thx for the mod and frequent updates.

I've noticed that earplug has too much effect with the latest update.

I can't hear anyone speaking when used in conjunction with TFAR.

any solusions? or is this a bug?

hello, thx for the mod and frequent updates.

I've noticed that earplug has too much effect with the latest update.

I can't hear anyone speaking when used in conjunction with TFAR.

any solusions? or is this a bug?

earplugs affect the ingame loudness

to change this behaviour simply change the variable for it

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue fe:

[url="http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue&action=edit&redlink=1"]X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue[/url] = 0.8;

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

thx to Eudiphon for providing this code snippet to fix some zeus init issues:

if (!isDedicated) then {
var_MPRespawnEH_ZeusWorkaround = player addMPEventHandler ["mprespawn", {
	player call X39_MedSys_fnc_initializePlayer;
	player removeMPEventHandler ["mprespawn", var_MPRespawnEH_ZeusWorkaround];
}];
};

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

and another post ...

searching testers to test XMS2 right NOW (not tomorrow or next week) as i need results fast

please pn me if youre interested

Edited by X39

so i just watched the video first off well done the mod looks really well put together. but one thing i think would add to this mod is if someone is wounded to the point he was in the video maybe make it so he has to be sent to a medical area or something of the sort and be treated there. also the fact that you can carry blood bags is a bit off because from what i know blood bags would last maybe 30min of not being chilled in a cooler of some sort before being being deemed unusable but if you made a Medical vehicle such as a medical BlackHawk(or similar helicopter) you could make it so medics on the ground can do bandages, tourniquet, CPR, etc. but then in the helicopter they could do more complicated things to stabilize the player such as Blood bags, defib, etc. until they reached a medical station in which he could be fully healed and return to battle. this is of course just a suggestion it is your mod so do with it as you please.

With the xMed modules that you have to place in the editor it is possible to have a "Full Revive" at base. I'm not sure if it is working 100% right now, but there is the option in one of the modules to enable full revive when near a pre-defined object. I will test this out later if nobody else has a definite answer.

With the xMed modules that you have to place in the editor it is possible to have a "Full Revive" at base. I'm not sure if it is working 100% right now, but there is the option in one of the modules to enable full revive when near a pre-defined object. I will test this out later if nobody else has a definite answer.

nope

you misunderstanded the limitation module

its just possible for limited objects to cure the other unit up to 100%

there is no functionallity inside of XMedSys which makes that possible

only way is to do it manually (check the init.sqf file on the git https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/init.sqf for the variables)

nope

you misunderstanded the limitation module

its just possible for limited objects to cure the other unit up to 100%

there is no functionallity inside of XMedSys which makes that possible

only way is to do it manually (check the init.sqf file on the git https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/init.sqf for the variables)

Would this (if used as part of a trigger in a base area) then be sufficient for full healing of a unit and restoration to initial state:

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Legs_Damage", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Head_Damage", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_UnitDamage", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Alive", true, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_DeathThreadRunning", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_UnitKnockedOut", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime_TimeStamp", -1, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime_stop", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_BloodLoosePerTick", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_isBleeding", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_blood", X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_StartingBlood, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_hasTourniquet", false, true]; //player setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_hasTourniquet", true, true]; X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_Tourniquet_DamagePerTick = 0.25

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Pain", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Hearing", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_hasEarplugs", false, true];

//local variables

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_loc_DragCarry_OtherUnit", objNull, false];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_loc_DragCarry_Action", -1, false];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_loc_doCpr_inProgress", objNull, false];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_LastHitter", objNull, false];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_loc_doCpr_action", -1, false];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_CheckInProgress", false, false];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_lastTempKnockOut", 0, false];

Would this (if used as part of a trigger in a base area) then be sufficient for full healing of a unit and restoration to initial state:

it would be

but in the current quote you sent

it also breaks XMedSys functionallity (fe X39_MedSys_var_loc_DragCarry_OtherUnit is not allowed to be changed by a trigger as its internal ^^)

How about:

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Legs_Damage", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Head_Damage", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_UnitDamage", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Alive", true, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_DeathThreadRunning", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_UnitKnockedOut", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime_TimeStamp", -1, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime_stop", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_BloodLoosePerTick", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_isBleeding", false, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_blood", X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_StartingBlood, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_hasTourniquet", false, true]; //player setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_hasTourniquet", true, true]; X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_Tourniquet_DamagePerTick = 0.25

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Pain", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_Hearing", 0, true];

_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_var_hasEarplugs", false, true];

I removed all the variables that are marked as local.

What issues, if any, might you expect if a unit is carried into the trigger. Any guess as to what might happen if, for example, if a player is fully healed using the above while:

a) being carried/dragged

b) undergoing CPR

c) other ongoing process related to XMed taking place

How about:

I removed all the variables that are marked as local.

What issues, if any, might you expect if a unit is carried into the trigger. Any guess as to what might happen if, for example, if a player is fully healed using the above while:

a) being carried/dragged

b) undergoing CPR

c) other ongoing process related to XMed taking place

some things are kinda problematic as not all processes in XMedSys are currently variable change safe

its one of those reasons why i never implemented such a functionallity or provided any help on those approaches

need to forge tons of code to check what could make problems and at the end the result would be that those triggers would still break any part of the mod (also a good reason why XMS2 is a rewrite)

you just can do the good old

tryNerror method :F

good luck with it (you will need it)

sry

X39

you just can do the good old

tryNerror method :F

good luck with it (you will need it)

sry

X39

No worries, I have my own problematic code that I have had to rewrite so I know the feeling!

hi, I'm appreciate your work.

After update, earplugs affect too much, so I write " X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue = 0.8; " in MedSys_Serverconfig.hpp but it did not change anything.

How can I solve it?

Hi Folks,

how do I deactivate the earplug-feature, when I am hosting a server for my friends on my PC..?

Can I write a code into a .sqf-file?

or do i have to deactivate it in a special .cfg-file..?

And what code do I use in both cases...?

Just testing this out , and it is very nice indeed so far from what i have seen !

Just a quick question when you die and re-spawn is there any way to select a spawn point , as I am looking to be able to spawn to Main Base or another 2 Fobs set up

Is that possible or only to respawn_West

Thanks

Hi Folks,

how do I deactivate the earplug-feature, when I am hosting a server for my friends on my PC..?

Can I write a code into a .sqf-file?

or do i have to deactivate it in a special .cfg-file..?

And what code do I use in both cases...?

in your /ArmA 3/userconfig folder

edit the server config file (MedSys_Serverconfig.hpp) with a text editor (I use notepad++ but just opening with notepad works fine)

add this:

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_enable = 0;

EDIT: This is what I've had it set to along with many other customized XMED settings on my group's dedicated server for a few months and it has worked. The reasoning is that our guys are wearing headsets anyways, so I just disabled the need for earplugs.

Edited by Rath