["MORPHINE", "B_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;
["MORPHINE", "B_recon_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;
["MEDKIT", "B_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;
["MEDKIT", "B_recon_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;

[] call X39_MedSys_fnc_pushLimitations;

/edit

Not working,

we work on it

we would still like to know how to get this to work. We have tried everything. Does it go in init.sqf as you suggested before editing? Why is it not working?

Also we would like to set up an object as a "MEDEVAC" center for wounded to far past field recovery(dead). How would we set an object or even if its a vehicle to 100% restore health once in or around the object? A sample script would be appreciated. I can not get the in game sync system to work properly for vehicles and objects.

Edited by jakeryan760

we would still like to know how to get this to work. We have tried everything. Does it go in init.sqf as you suggested before editing? Why is it not working?

Also we would like to set up an object as a "MEDEVAC" center for wounded to far past field recovery(dead). How would we set an object or even if its a vehicle to 100% restore health once in or around the object? A sample script would be appreciated. I can not get the in game sync system to work properly for vehicles and objects.

why it is not working anymore?

basically because it was not tested anymore

seems like some patch broke the system

why it cant be easily fixed?

because all limitation system files need to work together and are messy written as its required due arma limitation (still no return function ... grr the bad thing was i just discovered my wrong intention for the exitWith command after the entire system (which took about 2 days to be written) was written ...))

(you can try to fix it if you want XD)

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/addLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/dropLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/getLimitations.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/hasLimitations.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/isAllowedToUse.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/isValidLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/pushLimitations.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/registerLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/removeDeadObjectsFromLimitations.sqf

there is no simple way to reset an entire objects health to 100% (a few pages back there was someone who also asked something like that ^^ he might made some progress with this)

create a feature request ticket on the tracker

for the limitation stuff

see #0000092

@kgino1045

Not in my opinion, sry. Maybe X39 want to add some features but i dont see any need to change the mechanics.

Take care of yourself. ;)

Not sure what you exactly meaning, but it's true that can't see and notice who is downed and who need helps in game. it's not the mechanics issue, it's about playing, if there something like config or scripting that make people can talk with there voice chat in unconscious status then i'll shut up.

why it is not working anymore?

basically because it was not tested anymore

seems like some patch broke the system

why it cant be easily fixed?

because all limitation system files need to work together and are messy written as its required due arma limitation (still no return function ... grr the bad thing was i just discovered my wrong intention for the exitWith command after the entire system (which took about 2 days to be written) was written ...))

(you can try to fix it if you want XD)

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/addLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/dropLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/getLimitations.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/hasLimitations.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/isAllowedToUse.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/isValidLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/pushLimitations.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/registerLimitation.sqf

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/Limit/removeDeadObjectsFromLimitations.sqf

there is no simple way to reset an entire objects health to 100% (a few pages back there was someone who also asked something like that ^^ he might made some progress with this)

create a feature request ticket on the tracker

for the limitation stuff

see #0000092

Thank you for your response. I read through that section and saw what he was talking about. I couldn't quite follow where to put the script that he put down for the trigger. I'm kind of new to scripting but i do understand what you guys are talking about just not quite how to implement it. As for the Limitation system. I suppose for now we can just do with out. I have my fingers crossed for xmedsys2 which im sure will have this as well as evac options. via deploy tent and or add to objects/vehicles/triggers. Any idea when you will be releasing it?

I'm trying to change X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue via MedSys_ServerConfig.hpp but it seems that this does not work. Am I doing something wrong?

This is the content of the servers MedSys_ServerConfig.hpp:

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_CureValue = -0.0075;
X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue = 0.65;

Couple of quick thoughts/questions:

1) Thank you to the dev for this amazing mod. It really fills the realism gap left behind after ArmA 2 / ACE Medical, and in some ways is better. My squad really enjoys it.

2) I seem to be unable to make changes to the hearing value (to stop you from being almost deaf with earplugs in) as well... not sure what to do about it. Right now my squad is holding at 0.3.5 because the next version isn't really usable for us.

3) Is there any way at all to make inventories or packs of unconscious persons accessible? We have a situation sometimes with TFR where the squad leader is carrying a LR radio, and is down, and the squad desperately needs to get ahold of the helo crew or another squad, and cannot due to loss of radio until I bleed out or the medic fixes me (unless he's down too).

I've looked for answers to these in the forum especially 2) since it's a newer thing, but haven't really come across anything. These aren't complaints, just questions, and as I say, we love the mod. Thanks.

2. Do you want to disable the deafness completely or just make your hearing come back faster?

3. Do you want to be able to remove their backpack while they are down? That would be something to talk to TFAR's nkey about. You can also increase the range of other radios with the terrain interference coefficient in the TFAR module.

2) No, when we put earplugs in, in the new version, it cuts sound almost entirely... we're finding we have to go max the game volume to hear anything at all, and it's still near impossible to hear, which is definitely not like using real earplugs...

3) Yes, we'd rather be able to remove it while unconscious in xmed. I figured since the unconscious state is an Xmed thing as opposed to a TFR thing, I'd come here - the same principle would apply with any backpack or inventory, so the common denominator is Xmed, not TFR - unless we were coming up with some sort of custom solution that only worked with TFR pack radios, which I guess would also be fine.

Thanks for the reply :)

My group and some others had the same issue as you and playing with the earplug variables just didn't seem to do anything so we completely disabled it.

As for the radio pack - there is probably a scripting alternative but that would require a bit of work. Something else that would be cool, is if you could just pull up the long range radio interface whenever you are within 5M of one of the packs. Anyways, you'd have better luck with that in the TFAR thread.

My group and some others had the same issue as you and playing with the earplug variables just didn't seem to do anything so we completely disabled it.

As for the radio pack - there is probably a scripting alternative but that would require a bit of work. Something else that would be cool, is if you could just pull up the long range radio interface whenever you are within 5M of one of the packs. Anyways, you'd have better luck with that in the TFAR thread.

checked the code there

if i see that correct it should be temporary fixable through applying a -1 to the value you want (fe. want 0.8 remaining hearing? use -0.2 instead till its fixed)

could work

or it does not

we will see

the code which is the reason for the problem:

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/getUnitHearing.sqf

[color=#333333][font=Consolas]#include "\X39_MedSys_Scripting\MedicSystem\default.hpp"[/font][/color]/**
*	Returns the correctly calculated unit hearing ability
*	@ParamsCount - 1
*	@Param1 - Object (Unit) - unit the hearing ability should be get from
*	@Return - SCALAR
*	@Author - X39|Cpt. HM Murdock
*/
private["_unit", "_hearingAbility"];
_unit = [_this, 0, objNull, [objNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_hasEarplugs = _unit getVariable ["X39_MedSys_var_hasEarplugs", false];
_hearingAbility = _unit getVariable ["X39_MedSys_var_Hearing", 0];
if(_hasEarplugs) then
{
[color=#ff0000]	_hearingAbility = (1.0 - ((1.0 - _hearingAbility) * X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earPlugManipulationValue));[/color]
};
[color=#333333][font=Consolas]_hearingAbility[/font][/color]

checked the code there

if i see that correct it should be temporary fixable through applying a -1 to the value you want (fe. want 0.8 remaining hearing? use -0.2 instead till its fixed)

could work

or it does not

we will see

the code which is the reason for the problem:

https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/blob/master/X39_MedSys_Scripting/MedicSystem/Functions/getUnitHearing.sqf

[color=#333333][font=Consolas]#include "\X39_MedSys_Scripting\MedicSystem\default.hpp"[/font][/color]/**
*	Returns the correctly calculated unit hearing ability
*	@ParamsCount - 1
*	@Param1 - Object (Unit) - unit the hearing ability should be get from
*	@Return - SCALAR
*	@Author - X39|Cpt. HM Murdock
*/
private["_unit", "_hearingAbility"];
_unit = [_this, 0, objNull, [objNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_hasEarplugs = _unit getVariable ["X39_MedSys_var_hasEarplugs", false];
_hearingAbility = _unit getVariable ["X39_MedSys_var_Hearing", 0];
if(_hasEarplugs) then
{
[color=#ff0000]	_hearingAbility = (1.0 - ((1.0 - _hearingAbility) * X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earPlugManipulationValue));[/color]
};
[color=#333333][font=Consolas]_hearingAbility[/font][/color]

As far as I know it works only in latest version.

2) No, when we put earplugs in, in the new version, it cuts sound almost entirely... we're finding we have to go max the game volume to hear anything at all, and it's still near impossible to hear, which is definitely not like using real earplugs...

3) Yes, we'd rather be able to remove it while unconscious in xmed. I figured since the unconscious state is an Xmed thing as opposed to a TFR thing, I'd come here - the same principle would apply with any backpack or inventory, so the common denominator is Xmed, not TFR - unless we were coming up with some sort of custom solution that only worked with TFR pack radios, which I guess would also be fine.

Thanks for the reply :)

It works fine in version 0.3.6 here.

Our settings are :

Hearing_Multiplicator : 0.14

Hearing_CureValue : 0.00095

Hearing_earPlugManipulationValue : 0.8

But i change it directly in the .pbo. I got this habit due to previous bug with the serverconfig.hpp, maybe you should try this way ?

Hope you can find out.

Has anyone compiled a comprehensive list of the possible status messages you can receive when checking a unit? I'm in the process of creating a cheat sheet and this would be immensely helpful, especially for those of us who have no experience with ACE. I have a decent list based solely upon my observations, but I'd love to know for sure, and I'm just not tech savvy enough to pull apart the mod files and dig them out. Here's what I have so far:

MESSAGE ACTION COMPONENT REPEAT?

Target is bleeding Apply bandage Bandage Yes, until, "Target is no longer bleeding."

Target is in extreme pain Apply morphine Morphine Yes, until "Target has light pain."

â”” Target is in agony Apply morphine Morphine Yes, until "Target has light pain."

â”” Target is in pain Apply morphine Morphine Yes, until "Target has light pain."

â”” Target has light pain None n/a No

No pulse Apply CPR n/a Yes, until defibrilator becomes available.

â”” No pulse Apply defibrilator Defibrilator Yes, until "too damaged to be revived" message ends.

Target is unresponsive Apply epinephrine Epinephrine No. Check pulse.

Blood pressure seems to be ok Apply bloodbag Bloodbag Yes, until blood pressure messages stop.

Targets legs are broken Apply medikit Medikit Maybe. Fixing legs also removes one level of "hurt."

Target is deadly hurt Apply medikit Medikit Yes, until pain messages stop.

â”” Target is extremely hurt Apply medikit Medikit Yes, until pain messages stop.

â”” Target is lightly hurt Apply medikit Medikit Yes, until pain messages stop.

Can you tell me exactly how you disable it, My clan is trying to implement this but can't with the ear plugs and deafening system.

Can you tell me exactly how you disable it, My clan is trying to implement this but can't with the ear plugs and deafening system.

Shutdown your game server, then in its userconfig\X39 folder, open the "MedSys_ServerConfig.hpp" file and add "X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_enable = 0;" save that file, then restart your server and voila.

Shutdown your game server, then in its userconfig\X39 folder, open the "MedSys_ServerConfig.hpp" file and add "X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_enable = 0;" save that file, then restart your server and voila.

Is it possible to do it on a client hosted server?

Restart your client. Every change on serverconfig needs complete restart.

As far as i know it uses Arma 3s respawn system. So a marker with respawn_west and it properly configured within your mission

Hey guys

just a short and simple request to all of you:

If anyone is interested in helping XMedSys by providing a propper ingame documentation, contact me (you dont rly need any scripting experience ^^ (its config stuff where you would get a template about how to do) only good english skills + you need to know how XMedSys works so that you can create the ingame manual)

why im writing?

because if i create the ingame manual stuff for this then it ends pretty much in a dev documentation where no one would be able to look through :F

message me if youre interested

kindly regards

X39

Does anyone know how to setup a working respawn with Xmed?

I don't know if this helps, but I encountered some problems using XMedSys and Zeus. If you want to let Zeus set respawn points you need to add

RespawnOnStart = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

to the missions description.ext. If you don't set RespawnOnStart to 0, XmedSys won't be initialised when players join the server.

First: Thanks to the devs for this great addon.

But nevertheless, I've got a problem. I think, the sounds are much too low if the earplugs are set in. I'd like to change the manipulation value using "MedSys_ServerConfig.hpp" with the following code:

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue = 0.05 //default 0.2

But ingame, the changes won't affect anything.

Awesome mod but very big concerns... I can't command my squad because they're all deaf. When they have their earplugs in they're deaf... and when they don't they go deaf from just standing next to a running engine. I like the system but the earplugs and the deafness part of this mod are extremely annoying. Not to mention tripping over a rock can result in broken legs.

First: Thanks to the devs for this great addon.

But nevertheless, I've got a problem. I think, the sounds are much too low if the earplugs are set in. I'd like to change the manipulation value using "MedSys_ServerConfig.hpp" with the following code:

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue = 0.05 //default 0.2

But ingame, the changes won't affect anything.

try X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue = 0.9 (more is less here, so x = x * X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_earplugManipulationValue)

I don't know if this helps, but I encountered some problems using XMedSys and Zeus. If you want to let Zeus set respawn points you need to add

RespawnOnStart = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

to the missions description.ext. If you don't set RespawnOnStart to 0, XmedSys won't be initialised when players join the server.

Thank you for this answer. I looked for this issue too. The solution for the XmedSys initialization is the "RespawnOnStart = 0;". However, if I do it in this way my very first spawn is not at the place where I put the player in the editor. The player's first spawn is at the first respawn point like "respawn_west" or randomly at on of my respawn-module points. I tried it in both ways. Once with markers like "respawn_west; respawn_west1; respawn_west2......" and once without markes but with the respawn-module from the editor.

How can I let the players spawn at their predestined positions?