nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Riflemen personal radios were previously non configurable. They came with a number of channels with preset frequencies - you could change channel but not alter the frequency.

I am assuming the new device allows us to overcome this by reprogramming rifleman radios with new frequencies.

Is that what you mean?

In older version of TFAR you were only able to change frequency on rifleman radio (ingame) by copying settings from a Squad- or Fireteam Leaders radio. You basically had to give them the radio, and they had an option to program it for you. You could of course set this in script or via editor also.

Now, riflemen can set the frequencies on the own. For our group this basically means that we can start using the rifleman radio (hopefully), as we couldn't be bothered with configuring this for our missions.

Note that the range on the rifleman radio is shorter (2km) vs the personal radios (5 km).

Hi, thanks for the update

i have a short question regarding the RT-1523G (ASIP). In our group we really would like to use this radio because its model just looks fantastic compared to the AN/ARC-210. The documentation says the RT-1523G (ASIP) is a longrange radio (~20km) but interferences already occur at about 5-6km. We personally think the interferences should be a bit softer. You can't say it is a longrange radio in its current state. Is this intended or is there just a fault in the doc?

Anyway, I really like the new features introduced in the new update.

Keep up the good work ;)

OK!

Then i confirm that there's a problem with the Play with Six download !

When updated, you have userconfig/radio_keys.hpp...

And if you do it yourself and diagnose your mod, it reinstalls the file in userconfig but doesn't touch your "task_force_radio" folder anymore...

Perhaps there's something bad in the PWS repo ;)

Same problem after this latest update, on Play with Six !

Ther's a problem with the repository : no "task_force_radio" folder in userconfig....

And PWS install 2 files in the game userconfig folder : "radio_settings" and "radio_keys" :butbut:

Hi, thanks for the update

i have a short question regarding the RT-1523G (ASIP). In our group we really would like to use this radio because its model just looks fantastic compared to the AN/ARC-210. The documentation says the RT-1523G (ASIP) is a longrange radio (~20km) but interferences already occur at about 5-6km. We personally think the interferences should be a bit softer. You can't say it is a longrange radio in its current state. Is this intended or is there just a fault in the doc?

Anyway, I really like the new features introduced in the new update.

Keep up the good work ;)

I'll check, but you can adapt terrain interference by using TF_terrain_interception_coefficient (https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables)

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Same problem after this latest update, on Play with Six !

Ther's a problem with the repository : no "task_force_radio" folder in userconfig....

And PWS install 2 files in the game userconfig folder : "radio_settings" and "radio_keys" :butbut:

It is probably because userconfig file was renamed.

Is it just me or does the keybinding list refresh super-slow?

Yep, looks like it is CBA issue :(

hi hoping you can help were currently running the latest version of task force radio 9.6

we've checked the ts plugin and used ftp to place the folders on our rented server,

changed our player version to the latest versions in our game steam directory's,

we've recently reformatted so are currently only tying to run two mods

the current config line is as follows =2324-mod=@cba_a3;@task_force_radio

with both mods enabled on joining the server it trys to connect to task force radio and after a second displays the server is currently not running task force radio any help plz wed be very grateful for any help.

below is information RPT. http://filebin.ca/1ecqYhYw5icu

Edited by gridd_66

hi hoping you can help were currently running the latest version of task force radio 9.6

we've checked the ts plugin and used ftp to place the folders on our rented server,

changed our player version to the latest versions in our game steam directory's,

we've recently reformatted so are currently only tying to run two mods

the current config line is as follows =2324-mod=@cba_a3;@task_force_radio

with both mods enabled on joining the server it trys to connect to task force radio and after a second displays the server is currently not running task force radio any help plz wed be very grateful for any help.

below is information RPT. http://filebin.ca/1ecqYhYw5icu

userconfig file was renamed - have you copied it?

Also, could you provide server-side RPT?

Ok mate here you go. http://filebin.ca/1ecuKEzEAO18/arma3server_2014-10-22_17-29-43.rpt

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

Ok i am not sure what you mean by (userconfig file was renamed - have you copied it?) this @task_force_radio we copied here,D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 and this radio_keys.hpp we copied here D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio and this plugins we copied here C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins so like i say we have used this mod for some time but are we missing something? thanks

Riflemen personal radios were previously non configurable. They came with a number of channels with preset frequencies - you could change channel but not alter the frequency.

I am assuming the new device allows us to overcome this by reprogramming rifleman radios with new frequencies.

Is that what you mean?

I know. But, what prevents us from using Harris AN\PRC-152 instead of C4 AN\PRC-154? Do they have GPS tracking?

I know. But, what prevents us from using Harris AN\PRC-152 instead of C4 AN\PRC-154? Do they have GPS tracking?

They are to expensive for regular soldier :)

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Ok mate here you go. http://filebin.ca/1ecuKEzEAO18/arma3server_2014-10-22_17-29-43.rpt

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

Ok i am not sure what you mean by (userconfig file was renamed - have you copied it?) this @task_force_radio we copied here,D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 and this radio_keys.hpp we copied here D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio and this plugins we copied here C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins so like i say we have used this mod for some time but are we missing something? thanks

Hm, RPT looks good.

in 0.9.6 userconfig file was renamed, so I just think maybe you forget to update it on server..

I don't get what you mean? userconfig file was renamed, what is your are suggesting. Thanks

na we always do by the book mate but this time it aint running, so we are all scratching our heads here....

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@task_force_radio\addons\task_force_radio.pbo - unknown

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@task_force_radio\addons\task_force_radio_items.pbo - unknown

They are to expensive for regular soldier :)

Right) But, what you think about PLI(Position Location Information), which supporting by 154.It will make are very nice balance between danger of losing one of them(enemy listen your channels), and to locate the enemy(because PLI will transmit the data continuous to GPS).

userconfig file was renamed - have you copied it?

did you mean, move the new userconfig file (the file outside of "Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio\") and overwrite the old userconfig file in that folder ?

Right) But, what you think about PLI(Position Location Information), which supporting by 154.It will make are very nice balance between danger of losing one of them(enemy listen your channels), and to locate the enemy(because PLI will transmit the data continuous to GPS).

Hm... Not bad idea. Will think about it.

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

did you mean, move the new userconfig file (the file outside of "Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio\") and overwrite the old userconfig file in that folder ?

yes, I think maybe server have not new userconfig file.

What I have in mind for some time now is a collaboration between TFAR and CTab (Bluforce Tracking). Bluforce Tracking devices need a GPS transreciever to work. TFARs choice of radios fits rather perfect in that scheme since most of the radios are GPS capable. We have to brainstorm some time.

yes, I think maybe server have not new userconfig file.

okay, now my game has tfar radios but ptt keys and talk to radio isn't working.. please advice..

okay, now my game has tfar radios but ptt keys and talk to radio isn't working.. please advice..

Check keybinding ingame. Configure keys -> Configure addons.

Soo,

I have now the Problem find i think. Always if i Used the Little and Press with Capslock too Talk sending it (thats Normal) but if i not Press more this Key send still it... I dont know how i it can explian or show to you... and my English are very shit so make this too very hard... I can only say I Press to Start Capslock its Send normal...then i not more Press this Key and its send Still.... its have strat with version 9.0.5 and the new one the same...and if i Change the Freq. then will stop it send... very crazy...

I'll check, but you can adapt terrain interference by using TF_terrain_interception_coefficient

Thanks for the fast reply and hint.

Soo,

I have now the Problem find i think. Always if i Used the Little and Press with Capslock too Talk sending it (thats Normal) but if i not Press more this Key send still it... I dont know how i it can explian or show to you... and my English are very shit so make this too very hard... I can only say I Press to Start Capslock its Send normal...then i not more Press this Key and its send Still.... its have strat with version 9.0.5 and the new one the same...and if i Change the Freq. then will stop it send... very crazy...

Hm... Try to rebind to another key and see if it will happens. Is hint at left part of screen shown after you release caps lock?

I can't use this version of TFR, please report to http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184644-Server-issue

My server's crash is due to TFR 0.96, seems to come from the key or whatever conflict with another addon. I can't tell as the crash is silent and doesn't appear in the RPT file.

:(

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

I ahad to remove all bikeys/bisign files to make it work, there might be a conflict with "6" and "7" files ?

Hm... Try to rebind to another key and see if it will happens. Is hint at left part of screen shown after you release caps lock?

Yes i have Change the Key too = the same I press my key its send and then Screen show me Send if i the Key not more Press = Still send the same Problem Still... I think i reinstall my Arma3 maybe help it too :(

I can't use this version of TFR, please report to http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184644-Server-issue

My server's crash is due to TFR 0.96, seems to come from the key or whatever conflict with another addon. I can't tell as the crash is silent and doesn't appear in the RPT file.

:(

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

I ahad to remove all bikeys/bisign files to make it work, there might be a conflict with "6" and "7" files ?

Maybe, try to remove 6 or 7 keys (leave only one).

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Yes i have Change the Key too = the same I press my key its send and then Screen show me Send if i the Key not more Press = Still send the same Problem Still... I think i reinstall my Arma3 maybe help it too :(

Hm.. But is long range radio works normal?