nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Editing this so we can get the range we would like to have....

You should consider implementing a range feature. Would be awesome. :D

But from what we tested: I love this mod. The noise in the sounds remembers me a lot of old Battlestar Games.

Love it!

btw: We use it on a Life server. Great addition!

You can change terrain interference by modifying TF_terrain_interception_coefficient

Still no worky chief:( If someone connects after the mission has started they still get random freq.

Any updates on this? Anyone else having problems with this?

In my case place the tfar module at mission(the first one) and set same freq in sw radio.

now this is important.

we have our own teamspeak server so we create Taskforceradio channel and give password 123 as Module said

and then it work

it is really uncomftable to use this module that we have to make our own teamspeak channrl as module said but as far as nkey make hard at TFAR and he is going well we have to cheer him up and see if he make this much easier

In my case place the tfar module at mission(the first one) and set same freq in sw radio.

now this is important.

we have our own teamspeak server so we create Taskforceradio channel and give password 123 as Module said

and then it work

it is really uncomftable to use this module that we have to make our own teamspeak channrl as module said but as far as nkey make hard at TFAR and he is going well we have to cheer him up and see if he make this much easier

Hm.. It is not required to create channel in case of module usage. It is optional (to enable "hard mode").

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

You could try to use SQF flag tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side=true

now this is important.

and then it work

We've tried this as well but still the same problem. If a player joins after the mission is started he doesn't get the frequencies set by the module.

We've tried this as well but still the same problem. If a player joins after the mission is started he doesn't get the frequencies set by the module.

Then you should take a look at the documentation. You can define these variables in the initPlayerLocal.sqf, therefore making these variables local to all clients, even JIP-clients, and be relieved of the troubles of having to place and edit modules - and thus create dependencies that noone needs. ;)

This might be a small bug.

I get distortion in sound after i switch between microphones, with TFR plugin enabled.

V0.91

TS 3.0.14 64bit

W7 sp1

Using a jack headphone mic, and a USB desk mic.

This might be a small bug.

I get distortion in sound after i switch between microphones, with TFR plugin enabled.

V0.91

TS 3.0.14 64bit

W7 sp1

Using a jack headphone mic, and a USB desk mic.

You switch using windows audio panel?

Hm.. It is not required to create channel in case of module usage. It is optional (to enable "hard mode").

Then with out that, how can i set same freq in sw radio D:

Then with out that, how can i set same freq in sw radio D:

Just use the module and ignore channel settings. Also, you could use script variable too.

can someone help me with this, as i just started using tfar. Im am use to ACRE. and well its simple.. you use one hand for almost ALL radio controls (well most of them / %90 of them / the important ones....)

Does anyone have a userconfig that is set up like ACRE???? I am currently trying to change the defaults to something more intuitive (doesnt involve me taking my hand off my mouse...) I would like to keep one hand on my mouse to shoot if need be, or to continue to control my vic/heli/plane.

If anyone has set up a userconfig to use the same keybinds as acre, would you mind posting them up for me to copy? save my community and I some time and headache??? I would GREATLY appreciate it.. I am currently going threw the cfg its just painfull. cant realy tell what everything is so its hit or miss..

I ask this not only for myself but the 30+ players that always play on our server that want to use a radio mod.... Any help is appreciated!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

Nkey, will the next version allow server admins to set TFAR to issue SW radios to all players instead of the rifleman radios? We have a lot of hassle now with people with rifleman radio not being able to switch channels.

Thanks again for this great mod!

Nkey, will the next version allow server admins to set TFAR to issue SW radios to all players instead of the rifleman radios? We have a lot of hassle now with people with rifleman radio not being able to switch channels.

Thanks again for this great mod!

Helllo. It is already in 0.9.1. Check userconfig.

Helllo. It is already in 0.9.1. Check userconfig.

Thanks for the prompt response! I guess I missed that. So is it this line?

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;

Setting it to "1" will give SW radios to all players?

Thanks for the prompt response! I guess I missed that. So is it this line?

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;

Setting it to "1" will give SW radios to all players?

Yes, it is.

Then you should take a look at the documentation. You can define these variables in the initPlayerLocal.sqf, therefore making these variables local to all clients, even JIP-clients, and be relieved of the troubles of having to place and edit modules - and thus create dependencies that noone needs. ;)

Could someone please help me with this?

I still can't get it to work properly :( JIP players still gets wrong frequency.

I've created a initPlayerLocal.sqf file in the mission root folder with this content (based upon another post from a few pages back in this thread):

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSetting;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrWest set [2, ["30","41","42","43","44","45","46","47","48"]];
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

publicVariable "tf_freq_west";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";
};

Do I need to #include this file in init.sqf or something? Not very experienced with Arma scripting :(

I still can't get it to work properly :( JIP players still gets wrong frequency.

I've created a initPlayerLocal.sqf file in the mission root folder with this content (based upon another post from a few pages back in this thread):

};

Do I need to #include this file in init.sqf or something? Not very experienced with Arma scripting :(

As as I see this script created to work on server. So, try to put it inside init.sqf (at the top).

Hello, I am looking for a way to "force" players to be connected on a teamspeak server connected to a gameserver. I want to run a public server with Task Force Radio on and this seems to be the only way I can really be sure that players are actually on TS?

Does the mod itself offer any functionality for this?

Hello, I am looking for a way to "force" players to be connected on a teamspeak server connected to a gameserver. I want to run a public server with Task Force Radio on and this seems to be the only way I can really be sure that players are actually on TS?

Does the mod itself offer any functionality for this?

You could:

1) add module to the map to make sure addon is enabled

2) Make script with TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled , TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakServerName and TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakChannelName to make sure everything is enabled.

As as I see this script created to work on server. So, try to put it inside init.sqf (at the top).

Now that you mentioned it I see how stupid I am :icon_rolleyes:

the script only runs on client but "if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {" only activates if it is a server... *facepalm*

EDIT:

Still can't get it to work properly :(

Anyone that has a working file to show me?

Edited by Watarimono

No, I am talking about teamspeak plugins. There are two versions of it.

One plugin version is for older than 3.0.14 which uses the ts3 api version 19.

The other is for 3.0.14 and newer, this one uses ts3 api version 20.

The problem is that PWS currently overwrites the plugin to the newest one each time a TFR mod collection is launched. However, our community does not use the newest teamspeak version so we are screwed. We are unable to manually install the old version plugins due to PWS overwriting them on each start.

Partial solution!

Sorry, but I don´t get it...

I just want to have all west MP-slots to have the same SW-frequency everytime I join our server.

Is it possible to adjust TFR, that every team-member has that same frequency, even on JIP...?

Please tell me exactly where to put what code, I´m a scripting noob...

And what if I have another west team (e.g. sniper) which is on a different SW-frequency?

I guess I have to put another code on the mission, which is executed after the server delivers the same frequency to all other (not sniper-)players..

Thanks a lot

Purzel

};

This can't really work, as the initPlayerLocal.sqf is executed locally on the clients that are joining (eg. the JIP players) - if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {}; is only executed if the client is either host or dedicated server, which it can never be if it executes the initPlayerLocal.sqf. #include is not an sqf-command, so your initPlayerLocal.sqf quits before that line. You should definitely turn showscripterrors on with your batchfile, launcher, or whatever you use. Otherwise you'll never find out what's wrong with your scripts.

So, in order to give every player the same frequency on sw and lr radios, just put:

in your initPlayerLocal.sqf. That way all your issues should be resolved.

I'm not quite sure though if the local clients get their frequencies from the server or not. If that'd be the case, you should instead put

publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

in your init.sqf.

But I don't know if that's enough to give all players the same frequencies, even if they jip.

But I don't know if that's enough to give all players the same frequencies, even if they jip.

Yes, frequencies are set by server, so

publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";
   publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
   publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";
};

in init.sqf