nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

[/color]

0.9.0.1 is not yet released.

Then there is something wrong with PWS, because yesterday I updated to what PWS calls 0.9.0.1 (released earlier though) and today there is what PWS calls 0.9.0.2. I don't have a problem with it and I know it's not your doing, just a little confused.

Then there is something wrong with PWS, because yesterday I updated to what PWS calls 0.9.0.1 (released earlier though) and today there is what PWS calls 0.9.0.2. I don't have a problem with it and I know it's not your doing, just a little confused.

Probably some internal PWS updates.

It should work because SR and LR for same team uses same protocols and encryption.

Cool, thanks. I'll try it out.

It is SQF function (into mission) allows you to check if user has TFAR plugin enabled in TS.

OK great now we're getting somewhere. How do I apply this function into the mission? How does it work? I don't want users who are NOT using TFR to be kicked out of the game. I want to prevent people from minimizing Arma and listening in to the other team on TS.

Probably it is some kind of race between TFAR and script. Could you please send me mission file?

Hi Nkey you were right it was a race caused by two respawn scripts one of which I did not yet remove from the init.sqf.

Thank you your pointer.

Error in expression <o);
};
_count = -1;
{
if ((_x select 0) == _radio) exitWith
{
_x set [1, (_x sel>
 Error position: <== _radio) exitWith
{
_x set [1, (_x sel>
 Error Generic error in expression
File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 60

getting this after respawn (getting no sw radio after reapswn + any other sw radio I pick up after respawn won't work)

Looks like we know the problem, will fixed.

Hi , i have a problem with one of my guy who have is TFAR update but in teamspeak when he is connected it's still say P: 0.9.0 A: 0.8.3

Game : latest version , non dev version

TS3 : 3.0.14

TFAR : Version directly downloaded from your website , all files are verified 3 times , same date , same size than me.

Userconfig : Updated from your archive (latest one verified too)

Pluggins : Latest version verified and downloaded.

Everything have been dowloaded 3 times on 3 different sources (My team repo on Arma 3 Sync , Your website and play withsix)

Hi , i have a problem with one of my guy who have is TFAR update but in teamspeak when he is connected it's still say P: 0.9.0 A: 0.8.3

Game : latest version , non dev version

TS3 : 3.0.14

TFAR : Version directly downloaded from your website , all files are verified 3 times , same date , same size than me.

Userconfig : Updated from your archive (latest one verified too)

Pluggins : Latest version verified and downloaded.

Everything have been dowloaded 3 times on 3 different sources (My team repo on Arma 3 Sync , Your website and play withsix)

Maybe some another mod location is used for some reason? Or PSW\ArmaSync replace addons before start.....

He don't use play withsix for launching his game and Arma3sync don't replace his addons , i checked his mod 3 times now and i only see one version of TFAR

EDIT : For a strange reason a folder called Arma 3 was created on his root folder and the arma 3 sync automaticly take this version my bad. thanks Nkey to put me on the good way

Edited by M1n1d0u

He don't use play withsix for launching his game and Arma3sync don't replace his addons , i checked his mod 3 times now and i only see one version of TFAR

EDIT : For a strange reason a folder called Arma 3 was created on his root folder and the arma 3 sync automaticly take this version my bad. thanks Nkey to put me on the good way

Hm... Strange issue. Have you tried to reboot (maybe something with named pipes)?. Check version of addon in game - is information screen (while use radio) in right bottom corner?

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Also, I saw one guy who accidentally copied addon to SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons

Yeah i see , the problem is fixed thanks again , also sometimes i have a strange bug , i've got the error : GetNamedPipe Fail or something like that

I was just wondering about the personal radios and how well they work out of the box. I was thinking that these radios should have pre-defined frequencies by default so that channel 1 is channel 1 no matter what, this would be more in line with what we saw with ACRE's 343 for example. At the moment it is possible for a player to obtain a new radio such as the PNR-1000 and it will have brand new frequencies meaning that the player can't contact other people. I have created a script which setups up peoples radios when they select there gear but I have had some questions about how TFR would work out of the box with no configuration, would adding tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true; be enough or would there still be an issue if a player switched gear and obtained a new radio?

I was just wondering about the personal radios and how well they work out of the box. I was thinking that these radios should have pre-defined frequencies by default so that channel 1 is channel 1 no matter what, this would be more in line with what we saw with ACRE's 343 for example. At the moment it is possible for a player to obtain a new radio such as the PNR-1000 and it will have brand new frequencies meaning that the player can't contact other people. I have created a script which setups up peoples radios when they select there gear but I have had some questions about how TFR would work out of the box with no configuration, would adding tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true; be enough or would there still be an issue if a player switched gear and obtained a new radio?

TFAR sets predefined (side wide or group wide) frequencies only for radios, which are default radios for players side. PRN-1000 is default for OPFOR. So, frequency copy will required (by script or from another radio).

A couple of missions we played yesterday had no radios to team members. Commanders had LRs, but subordinates had no SW and no rifleman radios. nkey, if you'd like to check one of the missions see "crimson dawn" by Sithis (workshop). I'll be able to send a link later, if required.

A couple of missions we played yesterday had no radios to team members. Commanders had LRs, but subordinates had no SW and no rifleman radios. nkey, if you'd like to check one of the missions see "crimson dawn" by Sithis (workshop). I'll be able to send a link later, if required.

Several questions:

1) are you sure all playes have 0.9.0 version (because currently old version breaks new)

2) is mission with respawn? Currently there is a problem with respawn and radios...

Several questions:

1) are you sure all playes have 0.9.0 version (because currently old version breaks new)

2) is mission with respawn? Currently there is a problem with respawn and radios...

Certainly most of us did, actually 0.9.0.2 as on PwS but it shows as 0.9.0 in Teamspeak and you've already explained that 0.9.0.1 and 0.9.0.2 on PwS are just internal version numbers and your code hasn't changed. For myself, I had no rifleman radio on several missions and in one mission when I was piloting, I had LR but my gunner had nothing and so couldn't communicate with me (he said he could hear everyone talking though).

I'll let Variable answer about respawn but I don't think the missions had that.

We are having a bit of an issue after our community updated to version 0.9.0, we get the following error message before the game close it self down;

ErrorMessage: Include file task_force_radio\common.sqf not found.

with version 0.9.0 do the "common.sqf" have another location?

with version 0.9.0 do the "common.sqf" have another location?

Yes, it is now

task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf

Yes, it is now

task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf

Thanks, its not closing the game anymore however, it seems like our init.sqf code is outdated now, would be much appreciated if we could get some help to get it up to date :confused:

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;

// Able to use same frequency
tf_west_radio_code = "_opfor";tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor"; tf_guer_radio_code = "_opfor";

// Serious mode
//tf_radio_channel_name = "";
//tf_radio_channel_password = "";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

_settingsSwWest = call generateSwSetting;
   _settingsSwWest set[2, "31"];
   _settingsSwWest set[3, "32"];
   _settingsSwWest set[4, "41"];
   _settingsSwWest set[5, "42"];
   _settingsSwWest set[6, "51"];
   _settingsSwWest set[7, "52"];
   _settingsSwWest set[8, "53"];
   _settingsSwWest set[9, "63"];
	tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = call generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLrWest set[2, "30"];
   _settingsLrWest set[3, "40"];
   _settingsLrWest set[4, "50"];
   _settingsLrWest set[5, "60"];
   _settingsLrWest set[6, "70"];
   _settingsLrWest set[7, "80"];
   _settingsLrWest set[8, "90"];
   _settingsLrWest set[9, "10"];
_settingsLrWest set[10, "5"];
	tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

_settingsSwEast = call generateSwSetting;
   _settingsSwEast set[2, "11.13"];
   _settingsSwEast set[3, "12.13"];
   _settingsSwEast set[4, "21.13"];
   _settingsSwEast set[5, "22.13"];
   _settingsSwEast set[6, "31.13"];
   _settingsSwEast set[7, "32.13"];
   _settingsSwEast set[8, "33.13"];
   _settingsSwEast set[9, "43.13"];
	ft_freq_east = _settingsSwEast;

_settingsLrEast = call generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLrEast set[2, "10.13"];
   _settingsLrEast set[3, "20.13"];
   _settingsLrEast set[4, "30.13"];
   _settingsLrEast set[5, "40.13"];
   _settingsLrEast set[6, "50.13"];
   _settingsLrEast set[7, "60.13"];
   _settingsLrEast set[8, "70.13"];
   _settingsLrEast set[9, "80.13"];
_settingsLrEast set[10, "90.13"];
	ft_freq_east_lr = _settingsLrEast;

publicVariable "tf_freq_west";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";
   publicVariable "ft_freq_east";
   publicVariable "ft_freq_east_lr";
};

Thanks, its not closing the game anymore however, it seems like our init.sqf code is outdated now, would be much appreciated if we could get some help to get it up to date :confused:

I refer you to http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2679589&viewfull=1#post2679589 however, I will attempt to update your code to what is required.

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;

// Able to use same frequency
tf_west_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_guer_radio_code = "_opfor";

// Serious mode
//tf_radio_channel_name = "";
//tf_radio_channel_password = "";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSetting;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["31","32","41","42","51","52","53","63"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrWest set [2, ["30","40","50","60","70","80","90","10","5"]];
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

_settingsSwEast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSetting;
_settingsSwEast set [2, ["11.13","12.13","21.13","22.13","31.13","32.13","33.13","43.13"]];
tf_freq_east = _settingsSwEast;

_settingsLrEast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrEast set [2, ["10.13,"20.13","30.13","40.13","50.13","60.13","70.13","80.13","90.13"]];
tf_freq_east_lr = _settingsLrEast;

publicVariable "tf_freq_west";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_east";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_east_lr";
};

I'll let Variable answer about respawn but I don't think the missions had that.

Respawn? RESPAWN? We don't need not stinkin' respawn :)

both are randomizing the frequenzy

maybe try module? it is simpler

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

0.9.0 tested on 118 players game - seems to be stable (with fews knows bugs)