nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Yes, do not save in a loadout. And you can get radio from VAS manually.

Okay, cool. Do you know why that one guy kept getting a 'waiting for the server to give a unique' error? No one else was getting that error.

Could you try to play with mic settings and test it with other people?

I have this issue when I switch to my 24-bit audio interface. Astrell's Xonar D2 is also 24-bit. I suspect that's where the problem lies.

Same problem here with my Razer Kraken pro 7.1, when the plugin is on, I have a robotic voice, but when he's off, normal voice...

EDIT : But it's ok with Logitech G930...Plugin ON with this microphone, and it's ok, but not with my Razer, what the hell ? O.o"

Edited by Sartax

Same problem here with my Razer Kraken pro 7.1 ... But it's ok with Logitech G930...

The G930 is 16-bit. The Razer is analog, so what soundcard are you using?

Okay, cool. Do you know why that one guy kept getting a 'waiting for the server to give a unique' error? No one else was getting that error.

I am not sure if it is error... Could you describe please?

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Same problem here with my Razer Kraken pro 7.1, when the plugin is on, I have a robotic voice, but when he's off, normal voice...

EDIT : But it's ok with Logitech G930...Plugin ON with this microphone, and it's ok, but not with my Razer, what the hell ? O.o"

Are other peoples WITHOUT plugin enabled hear you robotic?

I have a Realtek ALC887 on my Motherboard.

That card can apparently run in multiple sample rates. Try switching it to 16-bit/44.1kHz.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Are other peoples WITHOUT plugin enabled hear you robotic?

Apparently it sounds fine for anyone without the plugin activated.

Finally had the will power to try TFAR out with my group for the first time to compare to ACRE, and I must say, my impression of the addon was way better than I thought it'd be. Everything about it is great and seems like an improvement from ACRE! The only thing I didn't like so much is the immediate fall-off of voices in Normal speech once you left a certain distance from the talking player; it fades out slightly as you get farther, but the drop-off distance where you cannot hear the person talking at all is too close and abrupt. The distance for normal talking should be increased and with a more drawn out fade of the volume, similar to ACRE's.

The rest of the addon is great! :D

My buddy is trying to get the addon working. He has, as far as I can tell, done everything right in terms of installing the mod, but for whatever reason it gives him the "not enabled or old version" error, or whatever it is. We both downloaded from the same source at the same time, so we should have the same version, the most recent one. We both have up to date teamspeaks, both use the CBA from the download.

I can access the mod features just fine, but he can't access the radio and I can only hear him if he's touching me and directly in front of me. Any time he moves even a little out of that range, he cuts out totally. He on the other hand hears me as if there was no mod at all.

My buddy is trying to get the addon working. He has, as far as I can tell, done everything right in terms of installing the mod, but for whatever reason it gives him the "not enabled or old version" error, or whatever it is. We both downloaded from the same source at the same time, so we should have the same version, the most recent one. We both have up to date teamspeaks, both use the CBA from the download.

I can access the mod features just fine, but he can't access the radio and I can only hear him if he's touching me and directly in front of me. Any time he moves even a little out of that range, he cuts out totally. He on the other hand hears me as if there was no mod at all.

Looks like the mod is not started for some reason. Check RPT files.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Finally had the will power to try TFAR out with my group for the first time to compare to ACRE, and I must say, my impression of the addon was way better than I thought it'd be. Everything about it is great and seems like an improvement from ACRE! The only thing I didn't like so much is the immediate fall-off of voices in Normal speech once you left a certain distance from the talking player; it fades out slightly as you get farther, but the drop-off distance where you cannot hear the person talking at all is too close and abrupt. The distance for normal talking should be increased and with a more drawn out fade of the volume, similar to ACRE's.

The rest of the addon is great! :D

Currently Normal speaking is heard for 20m. I'll think how deal with that.

Any thoughts on the 24-bit question?

Any thoughts on the 24-bit question?

Possible bug in plugin, but I need do some tests here..

Is there any way to open the long range radio when you are Zeus? I understand that I can toggle back and forth between a unit and zeus to use the radio, but I want to use the radio whilst in the Zeus editor.

I see an open ticket for this: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/499

But I'm unsure how the link provided in the ticket as a solution actually works (or even if it's supposed to be a solution). Can anyone help please?

Is there any way to open the long range radio when you are Zeus? I understand that I can toggle back and forth between a unit and zeus to use the radio, but I want to use the radio whilst in the Zeus editor.

I see an open ticket for this: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/499

But I'm unsure how the link provided in the ticket as a solution actually works (or even if it's supposed to be a solution). Can anyone help please?

Currently no way to do it...

Is there a technical limitation or has it just not been developed yet?

Is there a technical limitation or has it just not been developed yet?

Need to be developed.

Hi...

I´ve been searching for ever but didn´t get a solution for my problem... Or at least i don´t understand those posts -.-

Is there any way to change the keybindings to following:

CTRL+SHIFT+S to cycle through all packed radios INCLUDING the backpack radio

CTRL+SHIFT+X to configure the active radio

SHIFT to talk on active radio, even if it´s the backpack radio

The reason i´m asking is that the members of my community are still pretty into ArmA2 and ACRE and i want them to get used to ArmA3 and TFAR. The main reason they don´t really like it (a.t.m.) is the "unusual" keybinding (from the view of ACRE players).

Can anyone tell me how to make same frequency in sw at mission without module? i can't find any solution at here

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Try calling this in your init.sqf

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

Can anyone tell me how to make same frequency in sw at mission without module? i can't find any solution at here

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

You could use tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side=true flag.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Hi...

I´ve been searching for ever but didn´t get a solution for my problem... Or at least i don´t understand those posts -.-

Is there any way to change the keybindings to following:

CTRL+SHIFT+S to cycle through all packed radios INCLUDING the backpack radio

CTRL+SHIFT+X to configure the active radio

SHIFT to talk on active radio, even if it´s the backpack radio

The reason i´m asking is that the members of my community are still pretty into ArmA2 and ACRE and i want them to get used to ArmA3 and TFAR. The main reason they don´t really like it (a.t.m.) is the "unusual" keybinding (from the view of ACRE players).

[/html]

For now it is not possible, because LR and PR radios should have different keys...

My group is using TFAR and I seem to have a problem. Here's the best description I can give:

If I host my own server, it appears that I can use the radio. i.e. Pressing ctrl-P will bring up the radio, and pressing Caps Lock seems to transmit. However, there is the "FAIL" message in the grey box in the upper right, where XMeds messages would be.

If I try to join a server run by my group, I get the message "No Task Force Radio deployed on this server." Pressing Caps Lock does nothing, pressing ctrl-P does nothing. The "FAIL" box is still in the upper right hand corner.

I've gone through almost every post in this thread with anything closely related to my issue. I've tried all of the suggestions and even gone as far as to uninstall/reinstall both ArmA 3 and Teamspeak. I'm running the most recent version of Teamspeak (3.0.14). There doesn't seem to be any issue with Teamspeak, per se. The API is good, and the plugin seems to be working.

An interesting symptom, I don't know if it might help: Whereas TFAR is supposed to change your Teamspeak name to match your in-game name - this doesn't happen for me. It's almost as if ArmA 3/TFAR isn't "communicating" with Teamspeak...

Please, can anyone help me?

Are you starting TS as administrator? That has always seemed to fix issues for me. I think I actually also run Arma as administrator.

Are you starting TS as administrator? That has always seemed to fix issues for me. I think I actually also run Arma as administrator.

Yes, and yes.

My group is using TFAR and I seem to have a problem. Here's the best description I can give:

If I host my own server, it appears that I can use the radio. i.e. Pressing ctrl-P will bring up the radio, and pressing Caps Lock seems to transmit. However, there is the "FAIL" message in the grey box in the upper right, where XMeds messages would be.

If I try to join a server run by my group, I get the message "No Task Force Radio deployed on this server." Pressing Caps Lock does nothing, pressing ctrl-P does nothing. The "FAIL" box is still in the upper right hand corner.

I've gone through almost every post in this thread with anything closely related to my issue. I've tried all of the suggestions and even gone as far as to uninstall/reinstall both ArmA 3 and Teamspeak. I'm running the most recent version of Teamspeak (3.0.14). There doesn't seem to be any issue with Teamspeak, per se. The API is good, and the plugin seems to be working.

An interesting symptom, I don't know if it might help: Whereas TFAR is supposed to change your Teamspeak name to match your in-game name - this doesn't happen for me. It's almost as if ArmA 3/TFAR isn't "communicating" with Teamspeak...

Please, can anyone help me?

Make sure you use same version of plugin and addon. Also, make sure you use same version as server. What is your status in TS?

Make sure you use same version of plugin and addon. Also, make sure you use same version as server. What is your status in TS?

Plugin and addon both came from the same download. Pretty sure it's the same version as the server, same issue happened on two different servers. My status in TS when I'm playing is "Online", is that what you meant?

Thanks for the fast reply, nkey. I appreciate your help.

Plugin and addon both came from the same download. Pretty sure it's the same version as the server, same issue happened on two different servers. My status in TS when I'm playing is "Online", is that what you meant?

Thanks for the fast reply, nkey. I appreciate your help.

Click on your nickname in TS, and you will see TFAR status in right top corner.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Click on your nickname in TS, and you will see TFAR status in right top corner.

Also, what is your nickname in Arma?