nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I found that if the server there is only one person I mount this plug-in, then I can not hear others speak of hope to solve this problem

I found that if the server there is only one person I mount this plug-in, then I can not hear others speak of hope to solve this problem

Please check you plugin version - is it 0.8.3? This problem was fixed in 0.8.3.....

nkey, i was curious, is that possible to make, people who talk inside MRAPS, APC or Tanks can't be heard outside? Imo it's immersion breaking, when you hear people very well outside the vehicle, like it had transparent walls.

nkey, i was curious, is that possible to make, people who talk inside MRAPS, APC or Tanks can't be heard outside? Imo it's immersion breaking, when you hear people very well outside the vehicle, like it had transparent walls.

Please check - it is already done for APC and Tanks and MRAPS. Check documentation about "isolated" vehicles.

hi nkey, is it possible to deactivate the autoloadfunction of the SW-Radios, aswell? like "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;" in the init?

thx

hi nkey, is it possible to deactivate the autoloadfunction of the SW-Radios, aswell? like "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;" in the init?

thx

Remove ItemRadio from player inventory in init.sqf.

Nkey, we've run across a possible issue with the radio not transmitting at times and cutting out short. I know I have a .5 second deactivation delay through the Teamspeak 3 push-to-talk setting, but the plugin doesnt seem to recognize this delay. Is this a known issue?

Nkey, we've run across a possible issue with the radio not transmitting at times and cutting out short. I know I have a .5 second deactivation delay through the Teamspeak 3 push-to-talk setting, but the plugin doesnt seem to recognize this delay. Is this a known issue?

No delay for radio tangent... So, is it just sometimes cuts your phrase if you release Caps Lock too fast?

Yes. Effectively, when I use your mod, regardless of radio, the same way I use teamspeak (expecting the deactivate delay), I get cut off. I have to intentionally hold down the radio transmit button longer than I'm used too. It honestly is the ONLY problem I've been running across and I've been using this mod since you released it. Extremely stable otherwise.

So if you could have the mod recognize the TS3 Capture option of: 'Delay releasing Push-To-Talk:', OR be able to define the delay in the player's userconfig that would be awesome.

I still would like to revive my previous recommendations of using a single Transmit key that operates the Active radio, and another key (I think you said previously that you are working on this, dont remember though) to cycle the active radios available (Long range, short range, vehicle, dive). It would make the mod MUCH more user friendly.

When in moderate to heavy waves people, people are having serious issues hearing each other above the waterline. Is it possible to do anything about this? Maybe set a little leeway with the in the depth? EG) Allow an individual to still be within .33 meter of the water line and and still speak normally without the 'gurgle'?

Lastly, it seems to me that in moderate -> heavy waves, people with the radio consistently drown unless with a rebreather (Not 100% sure on this yet. Its something we've run across though). I think it may be because the players mouth is moving in game when trying to speak normally over spatial chat. Has anyone else run across this?

Yes. Effectively, when I use your mod, regardless of radio, the same way I use teamspeak (expecting the deactivate delay), I get cut off. I have to intentionally hold down the radio transmit button longer than I'm used too. It honestly is the ONLY problem I've been running across and I've been using this mod since you released it. Extremely stable otherwise.

So if you could have the mod recognize the TS3 Capture option of: 'Delay releasing Push-To-Talk:', OR be able to define the delay in the player's userconfig that would be awesome.

I still would like to revive my previous recommendations of using a single Transmit key that operates the Active radio, and another key (I think you said previously that you are working on this, dont remember though) to cycle the active radios available (Long range, short range, vehicle, dive). It would make the mod MUCH more user friendly.

When in moderate to heavy waves people, people are having serious issues hearing each other above the waterline. Is it possible to do anything about this? Maybe set a little leeway with the in the depth? EG) Allow an individual to still be within .33 meter of the water line and and still speak normally without the 'gurgle'?

Lastly, it seems to me that in moderate -> heavy waves, people with the radio consistently drown unless with a rebreather (Not 100% sure on this yet. Its something we've run across though). I think it may be because the players mouth is moving in game when trying to speak normally over spatial chat. Has anyone else run across this?

I'll try to add delay.

Regarding same button to speak over all radios - I plan to add key to switch radios, but currently it is not possible to remove CTRL+CAPS LOCK key, because a lot of people loving it. Will think how to make happy both sides.

Regarding ways - strange thing, will check it. Does they not hear each other when both players over water?

Regarding mouth and sinking - almost sure where is no any correlation. But I will check.

Could you please send me a link to the classnames of the radios?

I can't find them.

Thanks

Could you please send me a link to the classnames of the radios?

I can't find them.

Thanks

on the Task Force Radio home page, towards the bottom. link to that page is in first post.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

nkey,

any way to ask for an option that either:

1. the 'personal' radios are able to transmit long range?

OR

2. the long range radios are not a backpack but an item that takes up some moderate (not large) amount of space in a backpack?

ideally, both of these would be options (turn on in userconfig perhaps). my reasoning: this is 20 years in the future (ARMA 3). we already have small handheld radios that can transmit more than 20 Km. why do we have to go backwards to a huge thing when electronics are doing nothing but getting smaller, lighter, more efficient and more powerful? even when I was in the infantry 20+ years ago the large man-pack radios (AN-PRC77 anyone?) did not take up a whole backpack.

thx for the consideration!

any way to ask for an option that either:

1. the 'personal' radios are able to transmit long range?

OR

2. the long range radios are not a backpack but an item that takes up some moderate (not large) amount of space in a backpack?

ideally, both of these would be options (turn on in userconfig perhaps). my reasoning: this is 20 years in the future (ARMA 3). we already have small handheld radios that can transmit more than 20 Km. why do we have to go backwards to a huge thing when electronics are doing nothing but getting smaller, lighter, more efficient and more powerful? even when I was in the infantry 20+ years ago the large man-pack radios (AN-PRC77 anyone?) did not take up a whole backpack.

thx for the consideration!

1) personal radio able to communicate to long range. I'll think about way to specify personal radio range...

2) currently I have plan to make long radio backpack much larger and maybe automatically move stuff of respawn backpack to it.

Regarding ways - strange thing, will check it. Does they not hear each other when both players over water?

It works, when everyone is above water. However, A3, everyone see's a different wave. And if I'm correct you're mod is doing the gurgle effect when the client detects he's underwater - which isn't the same for everyone. So, it may look like all 4 people are above the waterline for me, but for some a different wave will come at a different time and they'll be put under water, or others will be put underwater - and then the gurgling happens. It's an ArmA issue with not sync'ing up the waves for everyone. A possible workaround is being able to talk without the gurgling up to a foot or two beneath the waves.

Hey nkey! Awesome mod!

I have a question/request(it may have been asked/answered already):

Would it be possible to make the "backpack radios", instead of being backpacks themselves, simply be radio items that go into the inventory? Speaking from personal knowledge, the PRC-119/RT-1523(E, F, and G models) only weighs around 2 kilos and is smaller than the size of a camelback. These radios would easily fit inside of any of the given backpacks in the game, and making them inventory items instead of actual backpacks would clean up a lot of conflicting issues with other things having to do with backpack items(parachutes, UAVs, proper backpack color, etc).

Additionally, right now it's hard to listen to multiple channels at the same time. In ACRE, what we would do is carry 3 different radios to be able to listen to 3 channels at once, and cycling through the radios to talk is fairly simple. Is there a way you could make something like this a bit easier in TFAR?

Thanks for your time, and keep up the awesome work man!

you can set up to 4 or 6 channels, and cycle between them any time. Agree about radio as item.

About to download and test this out :)

As for switching radios over using separate key bindings for the different radio types, would it be possible to make another key called "Transmit on selected radio"

This will let people who like the current method of using different bindings to continue to do so and also please those who prefer the acre style of switching to a radio before using it.

Without looking at the source code, that is how I would do it

If I understood correctly, buildings and hills will degrate the range. So thats a matter of waiting. ;)

Would it be possible to make the "backpack radios", instead of being backpacks themselves, simply be radio items that go into the inventory?

Seconded.

A setup with a mobile two-men mortar team is pretty much impossible with the long range radio being a backpack, since the mortar needs to be carried in two backpacks. I really love this addon, but I see potential to break some missions with the current behavior.

Hello, nice addon! It's a great alternative to ACRE.

However, I have an important suggestion, you need to add tags to your client functions. For example, one of them is called "canSpeak", it is very likely a mission maker would try to use this variable name thus overwriting your function. May I suggest using tags so it would be called

TFAR_canSpeak

Instead. Thanks.

Edited by cuel

I only wish to rebind the cap locks (I use it already for other things). I use MB4 for PTT and would like to do something like CTRL+MB4 for Task Force. I know I can reconfigure Task Force to use a different key in the config but I'm not sure how to get it to use a mouse button?

I only wish to rebind the cap locks (I use it already for other things). I use MB4 for PTT and would like to do something like CTRL+MB4 for Task Force. I know I can reconfigure Task Force to use a different key in the config but I'm not sure how to get it to use a mouse button?

Try to install some software to emulate keyboard keys using the mouse buttons

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Hello, nice addon! It's a great alternative to ACRE.

However, I have an important suggestion, you need to add tags to your client functions. For example, one of them is called "canSpeak", it is very likely a mission maker would try to use this variable name thus overwriting your function. May I suggest using tags so it would be called

TFAR_canSpeak

Instead. Thanks.

Will do, but only in new version without beackward-compatibility.

Got it working nkey! I moved the commands up to the top of the init and now it works great! Thanks! My guys are going to love not having to program their radios anymore.

Hello there,

I'm trying to figure if a dedicated array of freqs paired to specific channels can be set. According to the code You gave to 7th_Serf the answer is yes, but what about if I want to do it from a client prospective, avoiding to insert code in the init of the missions. It may be useful to change the entire set of frequencies in a pretty fast way inserting the list somewhere in the TS/userconfig folder. This may allow Clans to plan their own specific channel array and may be useful to counter enemy spying on own radio in case they will take it.

Thanx

Maxsword