nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Thanks for the Reply that helped me quiet a bit.

I understand to keep it simple. It was more that the button functions are kinda mixed up.

For example: I noticed the volume is controlled with the button where you witch channels with IRL. Which looks kind of weird. It's no biggy but it will make the mod look just better when corrected. :)

Yep, it is because "historical reasons". You may send me button scheme - maybe I'll able to fix it in the next version.

this question is more for Zealot than nKey;

We don't want to carry LR radios (we carry loads of gear), so we use the SR radios - but we do use the LR radios in vehicles for distant communications and convoy operations.

Here's what I'd like to do; I'd like to set the channels on the short range radio to specific frequencies, like; Ch1 - 30.1, Ch2 60.1, and so on, and set the LR frequencies to Ch1 60.1, Ch2 30.1 for everyone on the blufor side (we only play co-op so no need to have that other stuff). Of course since sometimes respawns 'fool' with radios we need the resistance radios to share the frequencies...

So - any idea how to do that? I'm not all that great at scripting (other than changing other guys stuff to suit me), so any help on this would be great!

I've run into a problem with TFA Radio and my realtek onboard soundcard. As soon as I enable the plugin in TS3, it cuts the volume of people talking (in normal TS, even without A3 running) by at least half. I found if I set my Realtek control panel to Stereo it fixes this but the way Realtek works, this needs to be set to 7.1 or else the surround/centre channels don't get mixed down to stereo/headphones properly and those channels are very quiet/inaudible in games.

Any ideas about this? FYI, I haven't noticed this problem when using the ACRE plugin in TS3.

@doveman

Have you tried turning off the ability for applications to change volumes of your stuff during communication? I had that with my setup made everything/everyone really quiet.

Right click the speakers>Playback devices then communications

It's a long shot but might work

this question is more for Zealot than nKey;

We don't want to carry LR radios (we carry loads of gear), so we use the SR radios - but we do use the LR radios in vehicles for distant communications and convoy operations.

Here's what I'd like to do; I'd like to set the channels on the short range radio to specific frequencies, like; Ch1 - 30.1, Ch2 60.1, and so on, and set the LR frequencies to Ch1 60.1, Ch2 30.1 for everyone on the blufor side (we only play co-op so no need to have that other stuff). Of course since sometimes respawns 'fool' with radios we need the resistance radios to share the frequencies...

So - any idea how to do that? I'm not all that great at scripting (other than changing other guys stuff to suit me), so any help on this would be great!

It will required to get little familiar with scripting, but lets try. Add to init.sqf of your mission add following lines:

#include "\task_force_radio\common.sqf";

if (isSever) then {

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
   _settingsSw = call generateSwSetting;
   _settingsSw set[2, "35.1"];
   _settingsSw set[3, "65.1"];
   tf_freq_west = _settingsSw;

_settingsLr = call generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLr set[2, "65.1"];
   _settingsLr set[3, "35.1"];
   tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLr;

publicVariable tf_freq_west;
   publicVariable tf_freq_west_lr;

};

Regarding respawn with resistance (guer) radios - check your addon version, it should be fixed in 0.8.3.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

I've run into a problem with TFA Radio and my realtek onboard soundcard. As soon as I enable the plugin in TS3, it cuts the volume of people talking (in normal TS, even without A3 running) by at least half. I found if I set my Realtek control panel to Stereo it fixes this but the way Realtek works, this needs to be set to 7.1 or else the surround/centre channels don't get mixed down to stereo/headphones properly and those channels are very quiet/inaudible in games.

Any ideas about this? FYI, I haven't noticed this problem when using the ACRE plugin in TS3.

Yes, it is know bug, will be fixed in next version. Currently I can only advice to adjust application (or communication) device volume....

Hello nKey

My question for today is, where do i put this line of code?

Will that include short range and long range channels?

And as always, thanks for the great mod!

Hello nKey

My question for today is, where do i put this line of code?

Will that include short range and long range channels?

And as always, thanks for the great mod!

At start of init.sqf file (google for it). Same frequencies for side for long range are enabled by default.

At start of init.sqf file (google for it). Same frequencies for side for long range are enabled by default.

Thanks man!

It will required to get little familiar with scripting, but lets try. Add to init.sqf of your mission add following lines:

Hi nkey - I tried that and had no luck. In fact it seems to add the LR radio to team leads again (which screws with our backpacks when we use HALO scripts).

Hi nkey - I tried that and had no luck. In fact it seems to add the LR radio to team leads again (which screws with our backpacks when we use HALO scripts).

My bad, fixed version of the script:

#include "\task_force_radio\common.sqf";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

_settingsSw = call generateSwSetting;
   _settingsSw set[2, "35.1"];
   _settingsSw set[3, "65.1"];
   tf_freq_west = _settingsSw;

_settingsLr = call generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLr set[2, "65.1"];
   _settingsLr set[3, "35.1"];
   tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLr;

publicVariable "tf_freq_west";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";

};

My bad, fixed version of the script:

Nope - same thing - team leads get the LR radio (which we don't want) and the channel frequencies still appear random. Seems that the include doesn't work because when I fire up the script without the include we don't get the LR radio (but of course we don't get the set channels either).

I moved the #include "\task_force_radio\common.sqf"; to the description exe thinking it might work from there, (seems that #includes usually come from there). Now when I start the mission it crashes with this error message; File task_force_radio\common.sqf, line 19: '.private':'[' encountered instead of'='

So that's out...

Nope - same thing - team leads get the LR radio (which we don't want) and the channel frequencies still appear random. Seems that the include doesn't work because when I fire up the script without the include we don't get the LR radio (but of course we don't get the set channels either).

I moved the #include "\task_force_radio\common.sqf"; to the description exe thinking it might work from there, (seems that #includes usually come from there). Now when I start the mission it crashes with this error message; File task_force_radio\common.sqf, line 19: '.private':'[' encountered instead of'='

So that's out...

Hm.. Very strange. I have tested - and it works. Could you please send me PM with mission file?

We have a member who is plagued with an error:

LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1

All files are good, TS3 reports that TFR is connected and running, ACRE is not enabled, etc. Basically, we can't find anything wrong with his install. All mods are in proper mod folders in the Arma 3 root folder. We tried the direct download version as well as the version on Six Network. We have tried enabling mods via expansion menu and Six Updater.

The only mention of this error I can find is on the TangoDown clan site forum, where the resolution was to place all mods in the Arma 3 root folder, which is where we already are. In addition, other members are running it fine with mods installed in various locations.

Any ideas?

We have a member who is plagued with an error:

All files are good, TS3 reports that TFR is connected and running, ACRE is not enabled, etc. Basically, we can't find anything wrong with his install. All mods are in proper mod folders in the Arma 3 root folder. We tried the direct download version as well as the version on Six Network. We have tried enabling mods via expansion menu and Six Updater.

The only mention of this error I can find is on the TangoDown clan site forum, where the resolution was to place all mods in the Arma 3 root folder, which is where we already are. In addition, other members are running it fine with mods installed in various locations.

Any ideas?

Could you please provide me following info:

1) RPT file of one game with error

2) Is it reproducible in several missions \ slots?

3) Is anything (radio) works after the error?

4) JIP\not JIP affects the problem?

5) Status string from TS

6) Is userconfig placed correctly?

Thanks,

Michail.

Got it working nkey! I moved the commands up to the top of the init and now it works great! Thanks! My guys are going to love not having to program their radios anymore.

Could you please provide me following info:

1) RPT file of one game with error

2) Is it reproducible in several missions \ slots?

3) Is anything (radio) works after the error?

4) JIP\not JIP affects the problem?

5) Status string from TS

6) Is userconfig placed correctly?

Thanks,

Michail.

Ah, we got it figured out. There were a couple of odd versions of CBA hidden away somewhere that were causing a conflict. Don't know where they came from, but deleting them fixed everything. Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for this great modification!

Yes, it is know bug, will be fixed in next version. Currently I can only advice to adjust application (or communication) device volume....

Ah, that's cool. I thought I might have to spend ages trying to fix it or buy a different soundcard, so it's actually a relief that it's a known bug that you'll be fixing :)

We've been playing around with this mod for a while now and it is becoming our favorite! Again, keep it up and keep improving.

I will PM a picture soon with one or two suggestions on how to make the radio's a bit more realistic. :)

Nkey, I have an interesting question... is it possible to configure the plugin to be able to hear people in other channels over TS3? For example - one squad in one channel, another squad in another, but both would be able to speak to each other ingame via the radios and the spatial voip? I'm unsure if TS would permit such functionality. Would definitely be great if it did but I'm mainly just curious.

And would it be possible to add an encryption beep to the short wave radios?

Nkey, I have an interesting question... is it possible to configure the plugin to be able to hear people in other channels over TS3? For example - one squad in one channel, another squad in another, but both would be able to speak to each other ingame via the radios and the spatial voip? I'm unsure if TS would permit such functionality. Would definitely be great if it did but I'm mainly just curious.

And would it be possible to add an encryption beep to the short wave radios?

Hm, not a easy task.... But what is reason for that?

Mainly organizationally, but I was curious to see if this was even possible. And by no means am I requesting it. (I would still like to get a short wave radio encryption beep though). :P

Many units/clans/groups use a TS with multiple channels, breaking down their organization structurally/visually. It may be convenient for them to have at least an option to be able to go into their designated channels and still be able to communicate with each other.

It was just a passing thought.

Mainly organizationally, but I was curious to see if this was even possible. And by no means am I requesting it. (I would still like to get a short wave radio encryption beep though). :P

Many units/clans/groups use a TS with multiple channels, breaking down their organization structurally/visually. It may be convenient for them to have at least an option to be able to go into their designated channels and still be able to communicate with each other.

It was just a passing thought.

We use serious mode for that - each squad plans mission in seperated channel, but all players automatically redirected to one channel at the game start.

Could you please provide more info about "I would still like to get a short wave radio encryption beep though"?

Ah okay Nkey. But in theory would TS3 allow you to be able to code something like that? That was my question.

And to clarify further - a TS3 keyclick/chirp. You have them for the underwater and long range radio, but not the short range/wave radio.

Ah okay Nkey. But in theory would TS3 allow you to be able to code something like that? That was my question.

And to clarify further - a TS3 keyclick/chirp. You have them for the underwater and long range radio, but not the short range/wave radio.

Yes, it is theoretically possible.

Check your Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\radio-sounds\sw for sound files. Both local and remote clicks should work for personal radio too.