Sign in to follow this  
bracer

The New York City Project

Unless I quit my job and familiy, take a 2 year 3D modelling course, go to outer space and borrow a hightech computer from a more developed lifeform than humans,

then you don't need to worry that it will be tooooo accurate to real life NYC.

Care to explain more in detail what accuracy I should be cautious with?

I can see it now... *dreamy music plays as a flashback begins* "Breaking News: Terrorists used video game modification to plan the attack experts are saying was worse than Pearl Harbor."

Tis all crap anyways. Ignore it, keep up the good work! :yay:

I've been waiting for something like this, at least in regards to the building add-on respect. There are no highly explorable buildings over 2 stories tall and I think with the vast improvement of A3s CQB enviroment, it's definitely a missed opportunity. I am definitely looking forward to this, especially if you can shoot through the glass.

Lighting feels a bit off, should be darker (Also the reflections on the buildings) since there is no light source, otherwise very promising.

Lighting feels a bit off, should be darker (Also the reflections on the buildings) since there is no light source, otherwise very promising.

how does one see the buildings without any light at all then? :p

yea but seriously. reflection is done like that in arma. you either have it or you don't. better having this at night than having no reflection at daytime i say.

"What do the buildings need to get a NY vibe? They are modelled after real buildings."

Steam rising from manhole covers at street level.

"What do the buildings need to get a NY vibe? They are modelled after real buildings."

Steam rising from manhole covers at street level.

That would be cool! But it's not related to the buildings.

It would be a seperat object or a missionbuilder effect.

Here are the two latest additions to the building pack!

Still wip, since they are in need of some details and interiors.

vnw3.jpg

etnj.jpg

(Photos are taken in A2:CO)

Edited by bracer

A proper modern city,this is really missing in A3.Looks great,btw have you tested AI driving or flying in there?Do they drive/fly acceptable?

looks really great. the last thing missing is the possibility to fastrope vom ghosthawks and we would have a nice new playground for swat teams :D

Wonderful to see. So far stuff surely is looking great Bracer! Keep up the great work. :)

Personally speaking, I hope this map to be based after after Manhattan's eastbank (offices, shops, and multifloor housing), and the river between it with bridges spanning accross, and Brooklyn's more suburban westbank (lower residential buildings)

Would make for great river patrolling/insertion and use of A3's divers. But ofcourse; All that is your call Bracer. That said, I wish you lots of luck with the further development of this already splendid looking map!

I know this photo is from DayZ, but look at the comparison with the similar engine and arma 3! :eek:

When DayZ standalone comes out, we might port this in arma 3. AWESEOME!

http://www.gamerepublic.it/wp-content/uploads/Ut8mm.jpg (559 kB)

Your sentence doesn't make sense. That photo is not from dayz if I remember correct its the warz (or whatever its called now)promo screen shots.

Second it makes no sense posted in this thread which is about bracers excellent work on sky rise buildings.

And third if you were to port anything I'm sure hammer point interactive wouldn't be to pleased.

I know this photo is from DayZ, but look at the comparison with the similar engine and arma 3! :eek:

When DayZ standalone comes out, we might port this in arma 3. AWESEOME!

http://www.gamerepublic.it/wp-content/uploads/Ut8mm.jpg (559 kB)

What is this? This doesn't look like Chernarus at all...are they making a USA map for DayZ Standalone?

What is this? This doesn't look like Chernarus at all...are they making a USA map for DayZ Standalone?

Read the post, he said its from the warz.

Read the post, he said its from the warz.

No, he didn't. He said it is from DayZ, that's why I asked (haven't played either of those 2, so how would I know?).

The other guy corrected him while I was typing my question, so don't act like a prick here.

Anyways, looking really forward to seeing those buildings in the Arma 3 Engine...looks very promising so far.

I'm not into A3, its still all A2 for me. But this map will bring me sightseeing at the very least, it will be grand, better still if it was for A2, which originally I think bracer said it was, shame that:(.

Still, sightseeing will be fun. Great work and I'm ready to pack my bags and catch a flight over, well you know, visit your map..:o

I'm not into A3, its still all A2 for me. But this map will bring me sightseeing at the very least, it will be grand, better still if it was for A2, which originally I think bracer said it was, shame that:(.

Still, sightseeing will be fun. Great work and I'm ready to pack my bags and catch a flight over, well you know, visit your map..:o

Buildings will be working in both A2 and A3.

When it comes to a map, it looks like it will be built for A2 until I get some and learn the new tools.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

A proper modern city,this is really missing in A3.Looks great,btw have you tested AI driving or flying in there?Do they drive/fly acceptable?

I havn't tested the AI yet, but I foresee trouble.

So think PvP mainly, until I start testing and adding AI-paths.

I have some good news and some bad news!

Good news first:

-I have working animations thanks to M1lkm8n!

-I now use Arma 1 objects, which both fits nicer and removes the need for AiA!

-Performance is still good with alot of buildings in the map!

-Building count is now at 10 enterable structures.

Then the issues:

-Some buildings flicker and disappear when you are inside it and near the outer walls.

-Textures are weird in Arma 3, see below.

-Still need aprox. 41 more buildings to get enough variation for a map.

Have a look at the animations here, shot in both A2 and A3:

I'm using buildings from Charons Urbanpack as placeholders.

Here you can see the texture issues:

Arma 2, as it should look

xx1v.jpg

Arma 3, with missing textures and blue misscolors

ihwi.jpg

Cheers

This is looking really great bracer, m1lkm8n has done a fine job for the enterable buildings, same as in Sahrani over is A2. It will be a map well worth waiting for, I will look forward to it sometime later on down the road. Also the buildings will be a treat to use on other terrains, if they come first.

Great work guys.

For A2 as well, even better..;)