Echo38

Playable demo?

Looked around a bit for a demo, couldn't find one. Did a forum search, nothing relevant on the first page of results. Anyone know about this? Any plans for any sort of playable demo for Arma 3?

Hey,

Currently there is no demo for Arma 3 nor any indication of such a demo coming out in the near future. The closest thing to a demo was the Alpha Lite build, but that expired when the Beta came out.

If BI will release a demo, they will announce it via the proper media channels.

Looked around a bit for a demo, couldn't find one. Did a forum search, nothing relevant on the first page of results. Anyone know about this? Any plans for any sort of playable demo for Arma 3?

Are there any game rental shop in your town? Maybe you could test the game for a few bucks.

Are there any game rental shop in your town? Maybe you could test the game for a few bucks.

I think this doesn´t work with games tied to steam?

I think this doesn´t work with games tied to steam?

Indeed. Steam games are account tied. Not to mention that once you instal the game your chances of getting a refund are minimal ( this applies for all steam games)

Edited by Maio

The game should be at least up to par for performance and stability for the average

person so that a possible future demo doesn't give the wrong impression to a wouldbe buyer that the game is broke or not playable.

Folks should at least see if they can run the game first like any game one is looking to buy if no demo is to be available:

Can u run it?

There are demos of games on steam, Arma3 can have a demo if they wanted one, personally i dont really need a demo as i I have a pretty good idea

of what to expect in an Arma game, but ideally I'd like to at least try the game before I buy, I did with OFP, Arma1, Arma2, OA, why not Arma3?

Do you really want to put out $60 or whatever it is and then end up being disappointed, or not your type of game, or even it doesn't run well or

at all on your system, a demo would save alot of people the headaches and guessing if the game is for them or not,

considering the game is on steam only and that once you buy a full game on steam there are no refunds.

Like I said dont put out a demo until the game is stable and performs well.

Arma2 demo for example

I played before I bought the game, by the time I bought the game, the game already had 2 patches, so the demo ran fine for me but the demo is just that a demo

its not the final running version of the game, so that should be stated on the demo somewhere that The demo is not the final or finished product.

So! Still keeping an eye on Arma 3, but waiting for a demo before I decide whether or not to buy. Any news?

So! Still keeping an eye on Arma 3, but waiting for a demo before I decide whether or not to buy. Any news?

It's a great game. Buy it or leave it. It's your choice. Don't expect to see a demo, the 90ies and their careless approach to videogame marketing are over.

You should take a look at what the guys (and girls) from Extra Credits did concerning demos.

Well, you can try the ArmA2 demo (or ArmA2 lite). If you like that game a lot, chances are you will also like ArmA3.

Any news?

Everything you need to know is in the first reply.

Well, you can try the ArmA2 demo (or ArmA2 lite). If you like that game a lot, chances are you will also like ArmA3.

Hasn't the ARMA2 demo been taken down?

Arma 3 will not have a Demo till the day they start working on their next whole new game (Arma 4), and even then, i doubt they'd make a demo.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Hasn't the ARMA2 demo been taken down?

I doubt that too, i remember playing one great servers such as "The Long Day's" on Chernarus when i tried the Demo before i bought the game. Matter a fact, the other day i felt like downloading the Demo again just to play that mission. Great stuff that was. I don't think they would take down the Demo because allot of people still use it oddly enough.

The Arma 2- and Arma 2 OA-demos are still available. The support for Arma 2 Free was cut off recently.

I've played the series since Operation Flashpoint and bought every main title as well as several expansions. However, I will not buy any game "sight unseen." At the very least, I must know first-hand how well it will run on my system. I guess it's back to checking in once or twice a year to see if they're thinking of doing a proper demo.

Wel i have a old alienware pc and i recently try'd the game playerground unknown. 

This game gave me lag so bad so i am scared of buying any game without testing it with a demo.

But this game is just really speaking to me.

cant they give me a serial of some kind with a game that only lasts for 48h or something? With a link to buy it and contineu the game after it

Well, you can give back any game on Steam if you haven't played more than 2 hours. So technically you could buy it there, try and see if it runs, then decide to keep it or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philip Van Gorp said:

Wel i have a old alienware pc and i recently try'd the game playerground unknown. 

This game gave me lag so bad so i am scared of buying any game without testing it with a demo.

But this game is just really speaking to me.

cant they give me a serial of some kind with a game that only lasts for 48h or something? With a link to buy it and contineu the game after it

Wow ... way to necro a thread ! 

• Like 3

3 years, that's gotta be the record around here. Altough I'd say a demo would indeed be very nice to have.

• Like 1

I suppose for a demo people could use Project Argo. That could be classed as a demo of sorts. 

• Like 3