Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the FULL RELEASE content (re-made)

guys really think that the price is a value, concerning arma 3?

for me no (and i believe a lot of people around this forum)

this is a game for adult and fans of military equipment. like me . i want few good models perfect animations and a powerful tools to modify and create a new contents and a enjoyable MP

if BIS would sell the game with visitor 4 and all models at state of the art, i would pay even 300 euros, because Arma 3 would be is my only game, and i don't believe that i'm alone

the cost of finishing those tools is not low... and they won;t be polished even then, just useable

the editor for VBS was ~6 months work for a team, and that was at significant client request. much like AI, tools don't sell

Well, Since they went and locked the Beta forum. Not sure why they didn't move all those (still very relevant) threads to the Development discussion forum....?

I want to repeat again my annoyance at the amount of copy and paste between the two major factions. I want to see unique assets for both of the major factions...this means no sharing turrets, static weapons etc between the two Major factions.

Also, I want to see the sloppiness of a lot of the vehicles (Physics, horrible LODs, model bugs, bugged or low quality sounds effects, config/damage/armor errors) fixed as a priority.

.....Then we can move on to the usual "Arma release" type bugs....The above problems make this the worse content, as far as quality control and lazyness goes, of a major BIS release that I have seen yet. (With the exception of the abomination that was ACR DCL)

...I want to see unique assets for both of the major factions...this means no sharing turrets, static weapons etc between the two Major factions...

This could be hard, inventing future vehicles with little references they have. Or, it could be easy, just put what ever you think would be appropriate, who can tell it's made up.

This could be hard, inventing future vehicles with little references they have. Or, it could be easy, just put what ever you think would be appropriate, who can tell it's made up.

considering the cry the community had when their was unique assets, it brought this on itself

i'd prefer well designed fictional stuff over copy pasta any day. they are called 3D-"artists"- let them loose. if you go for future, embrace it. not saying lazors but fictional stuff can still be convincing.

i'd prefer well designed fictional stuff over copy pasta any day. they are called 3D-"artists"- let them loose. if you go for future, embrace it. not saying lazors but fictional stuff can still be convincing.

Yep. Not having enough different enough models because of "missing reference" does sound like a quirky excuse. It would also have been nice to see a revival of some old equipment in the hands of the FIA faction. Century old weapons have been used and are used in civil war conflicts for some time now.

Maybe the relationship between the west and Iran got better before falling out in 2035? If there was war between Iran and the US I the 80's there would have been a lot of 'copy and paste' going on :D

yea sure. you could justify everything with a story if you wanted to. but let's be honest. more toys = more fun.

It is kind of disappointing to see that many vast improvements that appeared in OFP: DR were ignored in ARMA 3. I understand that OFP: DR and OFP: RR are not vary popular, but that's at least partially due to the fact that ARMA has replaced OFP to a vary large degree. Maybe dev should take a close look at OFP: DR and learn something from it, like the advanced infantry command system and cover system, both of which were vary amazing.

It is kind of disappointing to see that many vast improvements that appeared in OFP: DR were ignored in ARMA 3. I understand that OFP: DR and OFP: RR are not vary popular, but that's at least partially due to the fact that ARMA has replaced OFP to a vary large degree. Maybe dev should take a close look at OFP: DR and learn something from it, like the advanced infantry command system and cover system, both of which were vary amazing.

was vary nice to know you. prepare to get lynched :couch:

so they are meant to steal code from another company...

great idea.

codemaster =/= BIS

It is kind of disappointing to see that many vast improvements that appeared in OFP: DR were ignored in ARMA 3. I understand that OFP: DR and OFP: RR are not vary popular, but that's at least partially due to the fact that ARMA has replaced OFP to a vary large degree.

The only OFP where BI has worked on is he first one, Cold War Crisis ( now is called Arma Cold War Assault ), the rest have been made by the former publisher Codemasters, which owns the rights of the name "Operation Flashpoint".

So as people said before, there is no connection between developers, hence its not a good idea to copy any feature from them.

Long version in Wikipedia

Although OFP DR may be inferior compared to the ARMA 2 and doesn't live up to the OFP name, you got to admit the way their first aid kit (field dressing) system is much more superior than ARMA 3 first aid kits which take about 3 seconds to change your setDamage from x > 0.25 to x = 0.25 damage (75% health) while Dragon Rising field dressing takes quite a while to use to which it only stops the bleeding and then you'll need an actual medic to heal you.

Basically, Dragon Rising medical system > ARMA 3 medical system.

Why swap a better medical system for a more inferior one is my question. If you don't like the old one, don't use the First Aid Module, it was optional anyways. I rather see it around when it was once there and it works. Of course not everyone is forced to use it since it was a module and modules are optional.

Although OFP DR may be inferior compared to the ARMA 2 and doesn't live up to the OFP name, you got to admit the way their first aid kit (field dressing) system is much more superior than ARMA 3 first aid kits which take about 3 seconds to change your setDamage from x > 0.25 to x = 0.25 damage (75% health) while Dragon Rising field dressing takes quite a while to use to which it only stops the bleeding and then you'll need an actual medic to heal you.

Basically, Dragon Rising medical system > ARMA 3 medical system.

Why swap a better medical system for a more inferior one is my question. If you don't like the old one, don't use the First Aid Module, it was optional anyways. I rather see it around when it was once there and it works. Of course not everyone is forced to use it since it was a module and modules are optional.

except they didn't make that system so they can't "go back to it"

except they didn't make that system so they can't "go back to it"

Well of course BIS didn't make Dragon Rising's system, but how about ARMA 2's first aid module?

Well of course BIS didn't make Dragon Rising's system, but how about ARMA 2's first aid module?

magic medics? its basicly the same thing as now, but their are limits on self healing

I preordered Wolfire's Overgrowth Alpha 2 years ago and it's still in Alpha and doesn't have the

Comparing the development of Overgrowth to ArmA is like comparing the development of ArmA to GTA V.

Only thing, I guess the devs of Overgrowth are more capable.

magic medics? its basicly the same thing as now

ORLY? A2: You need medic for healing. A3: Take medkit, and you don't need medic anymore.

And, of course, too hard to make something like

, or

ORLY? A2: You need medic for healing. A3: Take medkit, and you don't need medic anymore.

And, of course, too hard to make something like

, or

you not fully healed unless a medic does it in this game. FAQ are similar to self treatment modules from A2 where you could only get back to 75%

FAQ

Frequently asked questions? ;)

To anyone saying that the Arma 2 first aid system was better than Arma 3's system, yes it was, but it was scripted and caused some performance issues. IIRC the devs said they wanted an engine implementation.

.. IIRC the devs said they wanted an engine implementation.

This is getting confusing..

Where i come from "consumer wants-developer does it" (it has logical flow)

Now if we just mirror it "Developer wants -consumer does it.." (not very logical..but i saw it happening before here) :D

Not a fanboy or a hater here, but a new player with military experience. This game is not perfect and not ultra realistic, however is pretty close and personally the ability to create detailed and custom missions for my squadmates to play is simply worth the money right there. Yesterday I finished a Red Storm mission which sees my SF squad with custom suppressed weapon loadouts, a mission briefing area with custom pictures on billboards showing a map of Altis and our assault movements, and Fortunate Son blares in the chopper as it takes us to Camp Maxwell to dig in and await the mass OPFOR helo assault....that my friends is spectacular and I can wait for some of the issues to be resolved.